The World's End

A place for the discussion of all things not closely related to the sport and its competitive side. (as always, locked for the duration of major international championship)

The World's End

Postby Walt Murphy » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:20 pm

Has anyone else seen this gem of a movie? When I saw the coming attraction, I thought it was a simple Hangover-type film about a 20-year delayed British pub crawl, and I would have been fine with that. The totally unexpected turn it took just added to my enjoyment--laughed out loud on many occasions. Rates a critics' "Must Go" on Fandango. (From what I've read, there's some connection to "Shaun of the Dead", a movie I never saw)
Walt Murphy

Re: The World's End

Postby JumboElliott » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:16 pm

If you liked this, you should see Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz. Same actors, absolutely hilarious.
JumboElliott

Postby KDFINE » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:09 am

I saw it with my son, knowing not to ask my wife after I dragged her to the recent Seth Rogen movie (whose name eludes me - "End of the World"?). We really enjoyed it, although not as much as Shaun or Hot Fuzz.
KDFINE

Postby Marlow » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:22 am

JumboElliott wrote:If you liked this, you should see Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz. Same actors, absolutely hilarious.

Hot Fuzz was great, Shaun good in spots, so I gave this one a try.

The premise and first hour were very good, but then the wheels came off with the alien robots (oh, BTW, spoiler alert there . . . ). The movie crashed and burned after that, sorta literally and figuratively. Simon Pegg is a very funny actor, though.
Marlow