The Walking Dead and Breaking Bad

A place for the discussion of all things not closely related to the sport and its competitive side. (as always, locked for the duration of major international championship)

The Walking Dead and Breaking Bad

Postby JRM » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:42 pm

Any fans of these shows out there? I've been with Breaking Bad for a few years now, but just picked up on The Walking Dead at the beginning of this summer (never really been a zombie fan, but am up to speed now!). Both are awesome shows with excellent character-driven drama. You love some, you hate some, yet you want them all to succeed (except that Governor...).

Comments? Predict what will happen in the last eps of BB, or where the 4th season of WD will go.
Last edited by JRM on Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
JRM

Re: AMC ho! Walking Dead and Breaking Bad

Postby dustoff » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:48 pm

This past season of The Walking Dead was terrible, maybe 1 half of 1 good episode. I enjoyed the first two seasons for the most part though.

Breaking Bad continues to impress me and I'll be happy and sad to see it come to a conclusion.
dustoff

Postby Marlow » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:03 am

I was all in for the first two seasons of Dead, but I think they've wandered away from the initial premise of zombie survival to a soap opera of sorts. I'll still watch, but we need more zombie threats, less bickering.
Marlow

Postby gm » Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:53 am

Hmph. I must have a cheapo cable company. All I get is "Walking Bad", a show about a grumpy 80-year-old with a bum hip.
gm

Postby lonewolf » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:58 am

gm wrote:Hmph. I must have a cheapo cable company. All I get is "Walking Bad", a show about a grumpy 80-year-old with a bum hip.

Whaaa??? They told me I wasn't getting royalty checks because that show never went into production. :x
lonewolf

Re: The Walking Dead and Breaking Bad

Postby jamal00005 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:06 am

The Walking dead has completely lost me .......but breaking bad continues to impress
jamal00005

Postby JRM » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:57 pm

Marlow wrote:I was all in for the first two seasons of Dead, but I think they've wandered away from the initial premise of zombie survival to a soap opera of sorts. I'll still watch, but we need more zombie threats, less bickering.

Yeah, I found season 3 to be a bit of a heel dragger and a letdown (lame concluding episode). Based on the trailer for the 4th season, however (just out today), it looks like you may get your wish, Marlow:

http://www.amctv.com/shows/the-walking-dead
JRM

Re: The Walking Dead and Breaking Bad

Postby jeremyp » Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:53 pm

Both shows need to shut down. We know BB will and I have found it to be the best of TV out there for the last few years. I just hope Jessie gets to wander off intact. As to TWD the first season was awesome and it's dropped each year. Unless these Zombies get some World Z juice they are just a nuisance. Time for a Z mutation!
jeremyp