iaaf worlds on tv

Main message board: for the discussion of topical track & field items only.

iaaf worlds on tv

Postby tm71 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:22 am

according to USATF the weekend tv coverage for worlds is the following:
August 10 - 3:30-5 p.m. on NBC
August 11 - 12:30-2 p.m. on NBC
August 17 - Noon-12:30 p.m. LIVE coverage of the 200m on NBC
August 17 - 2:30-4 p.m. on NBC
August 18 - 2:30-4 p.m.on NBC

all times EDT
no mention of weekday coverage
tm71

Re: iaaf worlds on tv

Postby uakari » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:41 am

i was just wondering ... any other recommended live streams on the 'net other than firstrow?????
uakari

Postby tm71 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:47 am

uakari wrote:i was just wondering ... any other recommended live streams on the 'net other than firstrow?????

i used watch athletics for live streaming of the lausanne and paris meets and it worked ok for the most part.
tm71

Postby uakari » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:50 am

sorry, is that athletics dot com????????
uakari

Postby tm71 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:57 am

uakari wrote:sorry, is that athletics dot com????????

no, the website is called watchathletics.com
tm71

Postby uakari » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:02 pm

danke, grazie, obrigado!!!!
uakari

Postby Pego » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:10 pm

This is what I use for DL. It works quite well most of the time.

http://www.stopstream.com/
Pego

Postby Serafina8 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:17 pm

So wonderful to read "World Champs to Get Widest-Ever TV Coverage" on the front page:

http://www.iaaf.org/news/press-release/iaaf-world-championships-moscow-2013-to-broad

with the apparent reality that in Canada, there will be no coverage, either on tv or online. It's kind of unfortunate, because based on live timing, some people aren't in a position to watch jacked third-party live feeds during the week. As others have said, am perfectly glad to pay for archived feeds with any commentating, good, bad, or indifferent. :x
Serafina8

Postby az2004 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:31 am

lloks like I will rely on internet to get daily results

why cant nbcsc do a daily recap show, guess nbc does not want to pay for it
az2004

Postby Walt Murphy » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:07 am

az2004 wrote:lloks like I will rely on internet to get daily results

there will be weekday TV coverage (except for Wednesday)...details haven't been finalized yet.
Walt Murphy

Postby tm71 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:55 am

Walt Murphy wrote:

there will be weekday TV coverage (except for Wednesday)...details haven't been finalized yet.

wednesday does not have any finals just morning heats which will be midnight for west coast.
thanks for the heads up walter.
tm71

Postby Pego » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:10 am

Walt Murphy wrote:

Thanks, Walt.
Pego

Eurosport Re: iaaf worlds on tv

Postby GHM » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:51 am

First thing first:

Check live and rerun on the Eurosport 1 and 2 web pages. Subtract six (6) hours for EDT, seven for CDT, and 9 for PDT. http://tv.eurosport.com/

Next use one of the suggested link for enjoying the event live or rerun. Please note that Eurosport has commentators in English, French, German, Polish, and so on. You may have to try a few links as above friends suggested to get to your preferred language.

Watch WUG on Friday on ESPN 3 or chosen link. Many finals will be contested.
GHM

Postby Serafina8 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:06 pm

Walt Murphy wrote:

Thanks for the info and eagerly anticipating the details! :)
Serafina8

Postby az2004 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:41 am

good to hear about daily shows,, hope this is nbcsn, as they had some of the des moines stuff
az2004

Postby az2004 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:52 am

any udated news on when and where daily tv will be forthcoming

I do trust walt murphy has the correct information
az2004

Postby eldanielfire » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:00 am

I forget how spoilt we are in Britain for having the BBC. We will pretty much get wall to wall live coverage of the whole event from morning heats to the end of every final. All live! Plus Michael Johnson's lovely voice analysing it all.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/athletics/15971129
eldanielfire

Postby tgs3 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:50 am

eldanielfire wrote:I forget how spoilt we are in Britain for having the BBC. We will pretty much get wall to wall live coverage of the whole event from morning heats to the end of every final. All live! Plus Michael Johnson's lovely voice analysing it all.

Since it looks like it will be online, all of us most likely will have access to this, either through a pirated video feed or directly from the BBC with a British IP address obtained from a VPN service.
tgs3

Postby eldanielfire » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:17 am

tgs3 wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:I forget how spoilt we are in Britain for having the BBC. We will pretty much get wall to wall live coverage of the whole event from morning heats to the end of every final. All live! Plus Michael Johnson's lovely voice analysing it all.

Since it looks like it will be online, all of us most likely will have access to this, either through a pirated video feed or directly from the BBC with a British IP address obtained from a VPN service.

Enjoy 8-)
eldanielfire

Postby Weights&Shoes » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:25 pm

I hope there will be streams online of the BBC feed. The BEST when it comes to coverage, I'd pay a premium to have that channel on my TV.
Weights&Shoes

Postby rsb2 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:40 pm

The "WatchAthletics" site is indicating full livestream coverage of the Worlds, probably on BBC or EuroSport. Looks like they will be streaming Lucerne tomorrow as well.
rsb2

Postby Serafina8 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:33 pm

Do you happen to know, beyond live streaming coverage, whether the BBC makes archives of the full live coverage available for later viewing?
Serafina8

Postby eldanielfire » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:46 am

Serafina8 wrote:

Do you happen to know, beyond live streaming coverage, whether the BBC makes archives of the full live coverage available for later viewing?

Yes. They have a service called BBC iPlayer were all their programs in their entirety are archived for a week afterwards (sometimes longer like the Olympics) before being taken down. You'll see the link at the top of the BBC page.
eldanielfire

Postby Serafina8 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:19 pm

eldanielfire wrote:
Serafina8 wrote:

Yes. They have a service called BBC iPlayer were all their programs in their entirety are archived for a week afterwards (sometimes longer like the Olympics) before being taken down. You'll see the link at the top of the BBC page.

Thanks, that's good to know! As much as everyone celebrates live streams, there are many circumstances (time zones and otherwise) under which one can't put one's life on hold at those times.

One of the things I enjoy most about being an athletics fan is the pure suspense and excitement of watching an event unfold without knowing the outcome. This is pretty much negated when you look up an event you haven't seen -- after the fact on YouTube (or even official sources) -- and you can't avoid seeing the name of the winner (often with winning time or mark) in the video title.
Serafina8

Postby Walt Murphy » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:06 am

Edit

Seems like I jumped the gun in putting out the full TV schedule, which is still being finalized.

I haven't been disqualified from the World Championships, but I did receive a yellow card! :D
Last edited by Walt Murphy on Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Walt Murphy

Postby tm71 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:19 am

[quote="Walt Murphy"]full U.S. TV schedule now on front page
/quote]

basically everything besides the weekend coverage is on universal sports.
unfortunately i have time warner and even though they announced that they will carry universal sports again sometime this summer they still have not put it on my line up yet. hoping it is before the end of the month !
the coverage is totally unprecedented and the overwhelming majority is live. ironically this news comes at the end of what many said was the "worst week in the sport".
tm71

Postby dbirds » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:58 am

[Walt's original material purged at his request]

http://www.iaaf.org/competitions/iaaf-w ... able/byday

The (early for us!) morning schedule needs to line up fine with the IAAF morning schedule but their evening session occurs between 7:30 and 12:15 EST. Am I safe to assume that this window (when most of the finals will be held) will not be shown live? I am guessing it will be condensed (tape delay) into the evening NBC show - prob with morning highlights included?? On other days, there is a late morning feed but it's only for 2 hours at a time - guessing we wont see some of the prelims, semis and field event finals??
dbirds

Postby gh » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:30 pm

new version posted (with amendments to the original)
gh

Postby Serafina8 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:31 pm

tm71 wrote:
Walt Murphy wrote:full U.S. TV schedule now on front page
/quote]

unfortunately i have time warner and even though they announced that they will carry universal sports again sometime this summer they still have not put it on my line up yet. hoping it is before the end of the month !
the coverage is totally unprecedented and the overwhelming majority is live. ironically this news comes at the end of what many said was the "worst week in the sport".

Just in case it helps anyone, I called Time Warner Cable locally to find out whether they had a launch date for Universal Sports in the channel lineup. The phone agent (aka "representative") hadn't heard anything about the announcement on July 9th, sounded skeptical, saying something along the lines of: " I thought Universal doesn't even exist anymore after it was bought up by NBC." So who knows what "late summer" means.... Also requires subscribing to the Sports Pass digital package just to see the online feeds.

Had been hoping for NBC Sports Network to do the weekday coverage, because that we do get through TWC. So disappointed that Universal went with the "authentication model".
Serafina8

Postby CookyMonzta » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:00 pm

Pego wrote:This is what I use for DL. It works quite well most of the time.

Always reliable. :D
CookyMonzta

Postby lonewolf » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:16 pm

CookyMonzta wrote:
Pego wrote:This is what I use for DL. It works quite well most of the time.

Always reliable. :D

That is what I stumbled/fumbled on to finally get Monaco today..better late than never.
lonewolf

Postby az2004 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:03 am

llooks like internet is my option now except for the 2 weenends
az2004

Postby donley2 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:00 am

I am aware many do not have universal sports, but for those of us who do that is outstanding coverage.
donley2

Postby tm71 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:57 am

Serafina8 wrote:
tm71 wrote:
Walt Murphy wrote:full U.S. TV schedule now on front page
/quote]

Just in case it helps anyone, I called Time Warner Cable locally to find out whether they had a launch date for Universal Sports in the channel lineup. The phone agent (aka "representative") hadn't heard anything about the announcement on July 9th, sounded skeptical, saying something along the lines of: " I thought Universal doesn't even exist anymore after it was bought up by NBC." So who knows what "late summer" means.... Also requires subscribing to the Sports Pass digital package just to see the online feeds.

Had been hoping for NBC Sports Network to do the weekday coverage, because that we do get through TWC. So disappointed that Universal went with the "authentication model".

Called in yesterday too. The "agent" wasn't sure either buy found the July 8 announcement and said I was right, however, they hadn't made an announcement as to when it would go on the channel line up.
tm71

Postby wineturtle » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:33 am

My customer service mgr* at Time Warner NY-tells me Universal will be added to the $8.99 per month Sports Package- since it is not a contract package you might be able to call get it set up and then after the target event call and disenroll- resulting in a prorated charge.
She had no definite timeline but Aug first was her thought on when it would go on the package

* because of a problem in the past I actually have a number that bypasses the regular customer service pool and rings on her desk :)
wineturtle

Postby tm71 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:05 pm

wineturtle wrote:My customer service mgr* at Time Warner NY-tells me Universal will be added to the $8.99 per month Sports Package- since it is not a contract package you might be able to call get it set up and then after the target event call and disenroll- resulting in a prorated charge.
She had no definite timeline but Aug first was her thought on when it would go on the package

* because of a problem in the past I actually have a number that bypasses the regular customer service pool and rings on her desk :)

Good job reporting wine turtle. I have called twice and the dudes couldn't provide me with any good information. I guess it helps to have a lady's digits handy !
tm71

Postby wineturtle » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:59 pm

Universal goes on the Sports Package at 12:01 AM 1 Aug in the NY TimeWarner area-
I have no info on other areas of the USA except to say that the add date may vary from region to region and in some areas it might not be going on Sports Package.
wineturtle

Postby Weights&Shoes » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:36 pm

az2004 wrote:llooks like internet is my option now except for the 2 weenends

That's how its been for me since the 2009 Worlds.
Weights&Shoes

Postby Pego » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:44 am

Weights&Shoes wrote:
az2004 wrote:llooks like internet is my option now except for the 2 weenends

That's how its been for me since the 2009 Worlds.

Vast majority of my T&F watching has been through the Internet for years now. London OG webcasts were exactly what I was hoping for.
Pego

Postby az2004 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:48 am

i'll watch the nbc on weekends, and look at the boards to see what likinks are available to watch
az2004

Next