Now that the football magazines....

A place for the discussion of all things not closely related to the sport and its competitive side. (as always, locked for the duration of major international championship)

Now that the football magazines....

Postby Dixon » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:35 pm

...are on the newstands :D

After reading a few of them, taking what I know about the game, this is what I got.

The read option..???

NFC

Niners/Seahawks....too close to call
Rams
Cards

Packers
Vikes
Lions
Bears

The NFC East totally up for grabs.

Falcons/Saints
Pahthers/Bucs

AFC

Broncos
Chiefs
Raiders
Chargers

Pats...still!
Dolphins/Bils
Jets...could be the worst offense in the league

Texans
Colts
Titans
Jags

Bengals/Ravens
Steelers/Browns

What a shame we have the conferences. Would love to see a system where any two teams could meet in the Superbowl.

I heard something the other day for the first time, it was during a CFL game....two and out..haha!
Dixon

Re: Now that the football magazines....

Postby Master Po » Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:29 am

^ Dixon: re your CFL comment -- I have watched parts of two games, and have to say that I have enjoyed them. I would be one of the first to suggest that maybe we don't need more football on American sports television, but these games have been fun to watch (never having watched the CFL game before).
Master Po

Re: Now that the football magazines....

Postby Dixon » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:27 am

Master Po wrote:^ Dixon: re your CFL comment -- I have watched parts of two games, and have to say that I have enjoyed them. I would be one of the first to suggest that maybe we don't need more football on American sports television, but these games have been fun to watch (never having watched the CFL game before).

Why back in the day I was into the CFL, for some reason we were getting their games here in central Cali. The league had their Jim Brown his name was George Reed, they also had a flashy receiver...Leo Lewis. I could be wrong but I think Reed still holds most the rushing records.

Anyway....

If a person wasn't knee deep into the NFL/NCAA I could see them getting their football fix from the CFL. It's just as exciting.
Dixon