World Youth Championship


Main message board: for the discussion of topical track & field items only.

Re: World Youth Championship

Postby norunner » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:16 am

eman wrote:
norunner wrote:
eman wrote:My only question to you is, who else is doing the World Youth/World Championships double?
That's not a fair question though, because how many other youth athletes are good enough to even qualify for Moscow?

My point exactly!!
I don't understand what your point is. Anyone good enough to qualify for Moscow is obviously good enough to start in Donezk. So your point is she is too good for the U18s ?
norunner
 
Posts: 1285
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:21 pm

Re: World Youth Championship

Postby aaronk » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:09 am

Morgan Lake of Great Britain, age 16, has cleared 1.90 (6-2 and 3/4) in the Hept HJ, after running a PR of 14.12 in the 100H, for a 2-event total of 2028 points!!
(And she even tried 1.93, but missed!!)
aaronk
 
Posts: 3358
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 9:39 am

Re: World Youth Championship

Postby nianchengyu » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:30 am

aaronk wrote:Morgan Lake of Great Britain, age 16, has cleared 1.90 (6-2 and 3/4) in the Hept HJ, after running a PR of 14.12 in the 100H, for a 2-event total of 2028 points!!
(And she even tried 1.93, but missed!!)

It is incredible for her and also for these young heptathletes,some of them indeed have terrific individual abilities,schippers in sprint,thompson in LJ,Gambetta in SP and Morgan Lake who can jump 1.90m HJ in 16y as a heptathlete.Vlasic jumped 1.85m once this season, :D
nianchengyu
 
Posts: 714
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:32 pm

Re: World Youth Championship

Postby nianchengyu » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:38 am

nianchengyu wrote:
aaronk wrote:Morgan Lake of Great Britain, age 16, has cleared 1.90 (6-2 and 3/4) in the Hept HJ, after running a PR of 14.12 in the 100H, for a 2-event total of 2028 points!!
(And she even tried 1.93, but missed!!)

It is incredible for her and also for these young heptathletes,some of them indeed have terrific individual abilities,schippers in sprint,thompson in LJ,Gambetta/tossed 16.30m to qualify for EU23 final in SP and Morgan Lake who can jump 1.90m HJ in 16y as a heptathlete.BTW,Vlasic jumped 1.85m once this season.
nianchengyu
 
Posts: 714
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:32 pm

Re: World Youth Championship

Postby batonless relay » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:45 am

aaronk wrote:Morgan Lake of Great Britain, age 16, has cleared 1.90 (6-2 and 3/4) in the Hept HJ, after running a PR of 14.12 in the 100H, for a 2-event total of 2028 points!!
(And she even tried 1.93, but missed!!)

My question: why the hell is she doing the hep? Why the hep introduction in the youth? :(
batonless relay
 
Posts: 700
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:40 am

Re: World Youth Championship

Postby gm » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:18 am

aaronk wrote:Is Mikiah Brisco the daughter of Valerie Brisco??


Uh, no. She's the sister of Dominique, a Univ. of Houston runner/jumper from Louisiana.
gm
 
Posts: 4560
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am
Location: "What's the pre-cooked weight on that lab?"

Re: World Youth Championship

Postby tandfman » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:21 am

batonless relay wrote:
aaronk wrote:Morgan Lake of Great Britain, age 16, has cleared 1.90 (6-2 and 3/4) in the Hept HJ, after running a PR of 14.12 in the 100H, for a 2-event total of 2028 points!!
(And she even tried 1.93, but missed!!)

My question: why the hell is she doing the hep? Why the hep introduction in the youth? :(

Why not?
tandfman
 
Posts: 15043
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am

Re: World Youth Championship

Postby batonless relay » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:35 am

tandfman wrote:
batonless relay wrote:
aaronk wrote:Morgan Lake of Great Britain, age 16, has cleared 1.90 (6-2 and 3/4) in the Hept HJ, after running a PR of 14.12 in the 100H, for a 2-event total of 2028 points!!
(And she even tried 1.93, but missed!!)

My question: why the hell is she doing the hep? Why the hep introduction in the youth? :(

Why not?

"tandfman", that's one of the problems that I have with European coaches; they start moving athletes to the multis too quick, imo (witness: Schippers, D.). 14.12 would possibly get Lake a scholarship to a D1 school; 1.90 definitely would! I would rather see her double than do a hep, but in Europe their is this rabid fascination with the hep.

Also, I don't think multi events should be a part of the Youth program, but that's a separate issue.
batonless relay
 
Posts: 700
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:40 am

Re: World Youth Championship

Postby norunner » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:48 am

batonless relay wrote:"tandfman", that's one of the problems that I have with European coaches; they start moving athletes to the multis too quick, imo (witness: Schippers, D.). 14.12 would possibly get Lake a scholarship to a D1 school; 1.90 definitely would! I would rather see her double than do a hep, but in Europe their is this rabid fascination with the hep.

Also, I don't think multi events should be a part of the Youth program, but that's a separate issue.
Have you considered that she may actually prefer the hep? I wouldn't want a coach for my kids who tells them what to do instead of letting them do what they enjoy.
norunner
 
Posts: 1285
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:21 pm

Re: World Youth Championship

Postby batonless relay » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:11 am

norunner wrote:
batonless relay wrote:"tandfman", that's one of the problems that I have with European coaches; they start moving athletes to the multis too quick, imo (witness: Schippers, D.). 14.12 would possibly get Lake a scholarship to a D1 school; 1.90 definitely would! I would rather see her double than do a hep, but in Europe their is this rabid fascination with the hep.

Also, I don't think multi events should be a part of the Youth program, but that's a separate issue.
Have you considered that she may actually prefer the hep? I wouldn't want a coach for my kids who tells them what to do instead of letting them do what they enjoy.

If your past comments are prologue then you wouldn't want a sprint coach for your kids (or any other Europeans kids) because you don't believe Europeans can sprint. Kids prefer what they're exposed to and show some capability in. Someone introduced the Hep as an option. They're only "enjoying" it because it's been introduced. Conversely, because of the "points" from school competitions, kids in the US don't do multi-evnts because they only count for ONE win as opposed to multiple wins. Some of those kids, if exposed, would do well at the multis.
batonless relay
 
Posts: 700
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:40 am

Re: World Youth Championship

Postby Master Po » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:16 am

110h semis done: Both USA athletes (Isaiah Moore & Marlon Humphrey) Q. Humphrey's Q of 13.28 in SF2 the WYL...for a couple of minutes, until Jaheel Hyde (JAM) posted a 13.22 in SF3. Should be a good final for those two -- perhaps others, as well, but those marks significantly ahead -- next fastest Q was 13.40.
:)
Master Po
 
Posts: 2640
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: north coast USA

Re: World Youth Championship

Postby norunner » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:26 am

batonless relay wrote:If your past comments are prologue then you wouldn't want a sprint coach for your kids (or any other Europeans kids) because you don't believe Europeans can sprint. Kids prefer what they're exposed to and show some capability in. Someone introduced the Hep as an option. They're only "enjoying" it because it's been introduced. Conversely, because of the "points" from school competitions, kids in the US don't do multi-evnts because they only count for ONE win as opposed to multiple wins. Some of those kids, if exposed, would do well at the multis.
What do my believes have to do with anything? I'm not the one making any decisions which sports my kids should try, that's up to them.
Maybe Lake Morgan saw Jessica Ennis on TV and wanted to do what she was there (just one example of many). Your way is to force kids to do what you think they can do best, not what they enjoy most.
norunner
 
Posts: 1285
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:21 pm

Re: World Youth Championship

Postby batonless relay » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:34 am

norunner wrote:
batonless relay wrote:If your past comments are prologue then you wouldn't want a sprint coach for your kids (or any other Europeans kids) because you don't believe Europeans can sprint. Kids prefer what they're exposed to and show some capability in. Someone introduced the Hep as an option. They're only "enjoying" it because it's been introduced. Conversely, because of the "points" from school competitions, kids in the US don't do multi-evnts because they only count for ONE win as opposed to multiple wins. Some of those kids, if exposed, would do well at the multis.
What do my believes have to do with anything? I'm not the one making any decisions which sports my kids should try, that's up to them.
Maybe Lake Morgan saw Jessica Ennis on TV and wanted to do what she was there (just one example of many). Your way is to force kids to do what you think they can do best, not what they enjoy most.

Actually that's NOT my way, but I can see how you would think that by my comments - if you limit what I believe ONLY to what I've written. I don't believe anyone should be forced and had you stopped to breathe a bit you would see that what I'm talking about is the "mindset" of event selection (Euro v North America). You're welcome to go back and read where I mention multiple individual events in my previous post.
batonless relay
 
Posts: 700
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:40 am

Re: World Youth Championship

Postby aaronk » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:20 am

Hinriksdottir is DQ'd in her 800 semi!!!!
As was Tesfaye of Ethiopia!!
No reason given so far....and no word of a protest!!

Hinriksdottir ran 2:02.44 in the race.
Tesfaye got a PR of around 2:04.....can't remember her exact time now.

One speculation is that they MIGHT have cut in too soon off the curve.
aaronk
 
Posts: 3358
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 9:39 am

Re: World Youth Championship

Postby gm » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:28 am

Keturah Orji 13.61/44-8 on her third attempt! Just 10cm shy of the HSR!
gm
 
Posts: 4560
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am
Location: "What's the pre-cooked weight on that lab?"

Re: World Youth Championship

Postby icerunner » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:32 am

That is so sad to hear. I saw the race in the TV and I could not see any obvious lane violations. For a small country like Iceland it is hard to file a protest. If this would have been an American girl then they might listen to a protest.
Well all I can say is EJC is going to be PRETTY intresting because when someting like that happens to Anita she doesn't break down she wants a revenge and the only way to do that is to make a big statement at the EJC.
icerunner
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:02 am

Re: World Youth Championship

Postby gm » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:37 am

icerunner wrote:For a small country like Iceland it is hard to file a protest. If this would have been an American girl then they might listen to a protest.


Sorry, but you're WAY off base with that statement.

And, in fact, the Icelander has been reinstated.
gm
 
Posts: 4560
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am
Location: "What's the pre-cooked weight on that lab?"

Re: World Youth Championship

Postby aaronk » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:39 am

gm wrote:Keturah Orji 13.61/44-8 on her third attempt! Just 10cm shy of the HSR!


That makes her # 2 All-Time HS!!
And she's just a junior, with another year to go!!
(And 3 more jumps!!!)
aaronk
 
Posts: 3358
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 9:39 am

Re: World Youth Championship

Postby aaronk » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:42 am

gm wrote:
icerunner wrote:For a small country like Iceland it is hard to file a protest. If this would have been an American girl then they might listen to a protest.


Sorry, but you're WAY off base with that statement.

And, in fact, the Icelander has been reinstated.


Did they say why she was DQ'd in the first place?
I lost the livestream right after the word that she was DQ'd.

And what about Tesfaye?
Was she also let back in??
That would affect the final line-up!
aaronk
 
Posts: 3358
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 9:39 am

Re: World Youth Championship

Postby icerunner » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:44 am

gm wrote:
icerunner wrote:For a small country like Iceland it is hard to file a protest. If this would have been an American girl then they might listen to a protest.


Sorry, but you're WAY off base with that statement.

And, in fact, the Icelander has been reinstated.


Sorry for those words of mine. I was a little harsh and judgemental there because of dissapointment. Thanks for informing me. :)
icerunner
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:02 am

Re: World Youth Championship

Postby Rothosen » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:44 am

icerunner wrote:That is so sad to hear. I saw the race in the TV and I could not see any obvious lane violations. For a small country like Iceland it is hard to file a protest. If this would have been an American girl then they might listen to a protest.
Well all I can say is EJC is going to be PRETTY intresting because when someting like that happens to Anita she doesn't break down she wants a revenge and the only way to do that is to make a big statement at the EJC.


Thanks for the update. I was all over the net trying to find the reason for the dq. The IAAC site had nothing. I was surprised they didn't have it as news yet.
Rothosen
 
Posts: 164
Joined: Thu May 16, 2013 8:41 pm
Location: Upstate NY

Re: World Youth Championship

Postby huntinwr » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:49 am

Any way to get results besides the IAAF site. They still have not posted results from the morning session, which was many hours ago :?
huntinwr
 
Posts: 282
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:49 pm
Location: Walla Walla, Washington

Re: World Youth Championship

Postby Rothosen » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:49 am

Reinstated ????

Hooray! Now for a sub 2 final. Keep the updates coming. My live-feed is by carrier pigeon.
Rothosen
 
Posts: 164
Joined: Thu May 16, 2013 8:41 pm
Location: Upstate NY

Re: World Youth Championship

Postby huntinwr » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:57 am

huntinwr wrote:Any way to get results besides the IAAF site. They still have not posted results from the morning session, which was many hours ago :?


Never mind, I had a brain fart. I thought today was the 13th, excited about Alexa Efraimson in the 1,500 final tomorrow. :mrgreen:
huntinwr
 
Posts: 282
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:49 pm
Location: Walla Walla, Washington

Re: World Youth Championship

Postby 26mi235 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:59 am

batonless relay wrote:Also, I don't think multi events should be a part of the Youth program, but that's a separate issue.


Do you mean that it should be the Pent or that there should not be one at this early stage in a career? Is your thinking that athletes should try a range of events but not be constrained in the set by those that are in the Hept group?
26mi235
 
Posts: 16333
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Madison, WI

Re: World Youth Championship

Postby aaronk » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:03 am

26mi235 wrote:
batonless relay wrote:Also, I don't think multi events should be a part of the Youth program, but that's a separate issue.


Do you mean that it should be the Pent or that there should not be one at this early stage in a career? Is your thinking that athletes should try a range of events but not be constrained in the set by those that are in the Hept group?


BTW, Morgan Lake's first day point total is 3736!!
Her Hept PR is 5725 from this year.
Don't know what her 2nd day is like, but she seems to have at least an outside shot at 6000!!
aaronk
 
Posts: 3358
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 9:39 am

Re: World Youth Championship

Postby batonless relay » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:10 am

26mi235 wrote:
batonless relay wrote:Also, I don't think multi events should be a part of the Youth program, but that's a separate issue.


Do you mean that it should be the Pent or that there should not be one at this early stage in a career? Is your thinking that athletes should try a range of events but not be constrained in the set by those that are in the Hept group?

I don't even think a Pent would satisfy me. If they're limiting how many events an athlete can do then why allow 5 or 7 or 10? They can always specialize later, I just think it's too early (I also don't believe in kids running marathons).
batonless relay
 
Posts: 700
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:40 am

Re: World Youth Championship

Postby aaronk » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:34 am

Orji improved again....to 44-11 (13.69) for silver. First was 13.75!!
Olivia Baker also got silver with her 53.38.
Another Baker (can't remember 1st name) from GB won in 52.77.
With Westbrook and Washington taking 1-2 in the 100 earlier, and probably others I haven't mentioned, this is turning out to be a GREAT WY for the USA......or just in general!!
(For example, how often do you see a 2:02.44 800 in a SEMI!! Or a 1.90 HJ in a Heptathlon??)
aaronk
 
Posts: 3358
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 9:39 am

Re: World Youth Championship

Postby jjimbojames » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:41 am

aaronk wrote:Orji improved again....to 44-11 (13.69) for silver. First was 13.75!!
Olivia Baker also got silver with her 53.38.
Another Baker (can't remember 1st name) from GB won in 52.77.
With Westbrook and Washington taking 1-2 in the 100 earlier, and probably others I haven't mentioned, this is turning out to be a GREAT WY for the USA......or just in general!!
(For example, how often do you see a 2:02.44 800 in a SEMI!! Or a 1.90 HJ in a Heptathlon??)

Not Baker - Sabrina Bakare! Came here with a PB of 53.98
jjimbojames
 
Posts: 747
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:16 am

Re: World Youth Championship

Postby zidan » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:43 am

Jamaica running something of a mini riot so far at these games( missed out big time in the boys 100 of course) with two more big gold medal performance. WYL 45.86 for Manley in boys 400. Tiffany James bronze in the girls 400 and Jaheel Hyde closing the show with a big Championship record (13.13) in boys 110hurdles final.
zidan
 
Posts: 177
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:54 pm

Re: World Youth Championship

Postby lionelp1 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:46 am

aaronk wrote:Orji improved again....to 44-11 (13.69) for silver. First was 13.75!!
Olivia Baker also got silver with her 53.38.
Another Baker (can't remember 1st name) from GB won in 52.77.
With Westbrook and Washington taking 1-2 in the 100 earlier, and probably others I haven't mentioned, this is turning out to be a GREAT WY for the USA......or just in general!!
(For example, how often do you see a 2:02.44 800 in a SEMI!! Or a 1.90 HJ in a Heptathlon??)

and how often do you see a 17 year old, called Sabrine Bakare, with a pre championships best of 53.89 win the world Youth title in a 52.77 an improvement of 1.12 secs; now if she had been an American you as a self styled stats expert would have known all about her and been shouting from the rooftops about a what a great performance.!
.

What a fine performance from our 400 metre 17 year old.
lionelp1
 
Posts: 281
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:48 am

Re: World Youth Championship

Postby Tuariki » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:02 am

aaronk wrote:(For example, how often do you see a 2:02.44 800 in a SEMI!! )

What 2:02.44 800 is this?
Tuariki
 
Posts: 1300
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:39 pm
Location: Rohe o Te Whanau a Apanui

Re: World Youth Championship

Postby Master Po » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:09 am

^ It is an outstanding performance. I congratulate her for it, and thank you for highlighting it. There is enough excellence in this meet that it takes many of us to shout from the rooftops about different athletes/performances. I did not take aaronk's highlights as intending to point out the only excellence worth noting in this meet. I know that I can't keep up with every athlete, and each time I post about anyone, I am relieved when no one takes me to task for not posting about someone else. Lots of PBs, WL, and other championship record, etc. performances going on. I am enjoying this meet, and appreciate the notes and highlights each of us brings to this forum. No other way to keep up with everyone. :)
Master Po
 
Posts: 2640
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: north coast USA

Re: World Youth Championship

Postby aaronk » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:15 am

lionelp1 wrote:
aaronk wrote:Orji improved again....to 44-11 (13.69) for silver. First was 13.75!!
Olivia Baker also got silver with her 53.38.
Another Baker (can't remember 1st name) from GB won in 52.77.
With Westbrook and Washington taking 1-2 in the 100 earlier, and probably others I haven't mentioned, this is turning out to be a GREAT WY for the USA......or just in general!!
(For example, how often do you see a 2:02.44 800 in a SEMI!! Or a 1.90 HJ in a Heptathlon??)

and how often do you see a 17 year old, called Sabrine Bakare, with a pre championships best of 53.89 win the world Youth title in a 52.77 an improvement of 1.12 secs; now if she had been an American you as a self styled stats expert would have known all about her and been shouting from the rooftops about a what a great performance.!
.

What a fine performance from our 400 metre 17 year old.


Mea culpa! :oops:
If I specialized in British HS marks.....or British all time lists, I'd have known about Ms Bakare!!
But being an American, and having limited time on this great little orb of ours, I've chosen to specialize in USA marks!!
BTW, the tweet I saw about Bakare had her name spelled as Baker......so that wasn't my fault!!

Tuariki wrote:
aaronk wrote:(For example, how often do you see a 2:02.44 800 in a SEMI!! )

What 2:02.44 800 is this?


It was the semi time for Hinriksdottir at WY...the race she was DQ'd from, then re-instated!!
aaronk
 
Posts: 3358
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 9:39 am

Re: World Youth Championship

Postby aaronk » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:10 am

A couple of other significant US marks:

Marlon Humphrey did 110H in 13.24, getting silver.
That time places him 3rd on A-T HS list!!

Bailey Roth----he's the one who ran 5:49 at NBN, never having seen a SC hurdle before, or run over one!!.....ran 5:45.20 in semi of 2K SC at WY.
Wish he'd take a shot at the HSR for 3K SC.....8:50.1 by Jeff Hess, from 1979!!
Last edited by aaronk on Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
aaronk
 
Posts: 3358
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 9:39 am

Re: World Youth Championship

Postby Tuariki » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:19 am

What WY was that?
At Donetsk she did 2:04.79 and 2:04.96 in the heats and semis respectively.
I have seen nothing about a 2:02.44 or a DQ
Tuariki
 
Posts: 1300
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:39 pm
Location: Rohe o Te Whanau a Apanui

Re: World Youth Championship

Postby icerunner » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:28 am

Tuariki wrote:What WY was that?
At Donetsk she did 2:04.79 and 2:04.96 in the heats and semis respectively.
I have seen nothing about a 2:02.44 or a DQ


Go to iaaf.org and look at the photofinish and you will see her time is 2:02 something because the 2:04.79 is way behind her.
icerunner
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:02 am

Re: World Youth Championship

Postby norunner » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:38 am

lionelp1 wrote:and how often do you see a 17 year old, called Sabrine Bakare, with a pre championships best of 53.89 win the world Youth title in a 52.77 an improvement of 1.12 secs; now if she had been an American you as a self styled stats expert would have known all about her and been shouting from the rooftops about a what a great performance.!
.

What a fine performance from our 400 metre 17 year old.
Yeah, and it makes me sad. Her 52.77s would have been good enough for third place at the german SENIOR championships and the time of the jamaican m400 winner would have won him the german title. 17 year old kids from around the world are faster than our best 400m runners, it's so pathetic. On the bright side, Hinriksdottir, Cain, Judd, Wilson etc. are also much faster than Germany's best 800m women, so at least we are consistently bad. 8-)
norunner
 
Posts: 1285
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:21 pm

Re: World Youth Championship

Postby usafa » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:01 pm

zidan wrote:Jamaica running something of a mini riot so far at these games( missed out big time in the boys 100 of course) with two more big gold medal performance. WYL 45.86 for Manley in boys 400. Tiffany James bronze in the girls 400 and Jaheel Hyde closing the show with a big Championship record (13.13) in boys 110hurdles final.


I think Hyde's dad ( a legend in Jamaican football as its is) can now say, son, you made the right choice. A bit of a background, young Mr. Hyde is a hell of a footballer who recently refused a call up to our U17 squad to concentrate on his track career (said squad failed to qualify for the U17 WC). Dad and those within the Jamaica football fraternity were none too pleased with this decision and hoped he would come to his senses. Kid is a bit of a rebel in his family - and has a strong mind of his own - it was almost a birth right to attend a certain school in Kingston, kid said, nah, I going my own way and went to a different school. Quite good in the class room also...very smart kid.
usafa
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Mon May 05, 2008 6:06 pm

Re: World Youth Championship

Postby Tuariki » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:03 pm

She was initially dq'd for breaking early and then reinstated. Did not run the 2:02.44 claimed by aaronk.
Tuariki
 
Posts: 1300
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:39 pm
Location: Rohe o Te Whanau a Apanui

PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 7 guests