Paris DL w 800

Main message board: for the discussion of topical track & field items only.

Re: Paris DL w 800

Postby Daisy » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:33 pm

Pego wrote:This table separates pre- and post-menopausal women, but not young and older males. I am nearly certain that during athletic ages, there is no male/female overlap.

I'm sure you're right. I saw several figures comparing young and old males. Young were far higher. I assume WADA must have all these data for actual athletes. Those are the only data of real interest.
Daisy

Postby mump boy » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:31 pm

uakari wrote:oh please, this from the poster who thinks top female tennis players are too fat and ordinary to be athletes?????

my question was simply, has the iaaf or any other authority spoken about niyonsaba being intersexed? i have not found any mention of that.

What !!

Firstly Flumpy and i are not the same person :?

Saying someone 'looks' unfit, is not the same about casting aspersions about their gender because they don't adhere to your ideals of femininity.
mump boy

Postby uakari » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:47 pm

sorry, but you DO look alike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! honest mistake!

second, i did not cast aspersions on her appearance. i was just asking whether she's intersex (for which it seems there's a deafening silence).
uakari

Postby mump boy » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:54 pm

uakari wrote:sorry, but you DO look alike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! honest mistake!

second, i did not cast aspersions on her appearance. i was just asking whether she's intersex (for which it seems there's a deafening silence).

I didn't hear you asking the same thing about Darya Klishina !!

It seems only African women fair game for such discussions :roll:
mump boy

Postby uakari » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:57 pm

oh please, get over yourself.

ok.

q. is darya klishina intersex?????

a. not that we know. next question...

btw, are you the same poster deriding the PC police in the fat tennis players thread?
uakari

Postby Daisy » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:40 pm

uakari wrote:are you the same poster deriding the PC police in the fat tennis players thread?

That must be someone else.
Daisy

Postby Pego » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:53 pm

uakari wrote: i was just asking whether she's intersex (for which it seems there's a deafening silence).

I can answer the deafening silence, but only for myself. There has been nothing that I saw anywhere indicating that either one of those above mentioned women may not be "real" women.
Just a comment on the margin. Physical appearance as observed by a casual observer (fans like us) can be deceiving. Narrow hips, flat chest etc. is seen in numerous female athletes, whose feminity never comes into question. You cannot tell much unless you have her naked on the exam table :wink: .
Pego

Postby eldanielfire » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:16 pm

mump boy wrote:
uakari wrote:sorry, but you DO look alike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! honest mistake!

I didn't hear you asking the same thing about Darya Klishina !!

It seems only African women fair game for such discussions :roll:

Only you have jumped to this conclusion mump boy. That says more about what you really think than anybody else especially as the vast majority of African women don't look masculine. However somebody highlighted one that is in appearance and apparent features similar to males is probably the first point of suspicion. In the case of Darya Klishina she looks very overtly female, so it is a bad example to compare and only strengthens the initial statement because her appearance doesn't suggest she is anything but a women.

As far as I've been aware these questions were asked of the gender of European and American athletes previously in the past but such cases are rare enough and I know of only one previously in the past decade, where evidence was leaked that indicate there was truth to the suspicions and that a solution had been found.
Last edited by eldanielfire on Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eldanielfire

Postby eldanielfire » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:17 pm

Pego wrote:
uakari wrote: i was just asking whether she's intersex (for which it seems there's a deafening silence).

I can answer the deafening silence, but only for myself. There has been nothing that I saw anywhere indicating that either one of those above mentioned women may not be "real" women.
Just a comment on the margin. Physical appearance as observed by a casual observer (fans like us) can be deceiving. Narrow hips, flat chest etc. is seen in numerous female athletes, whose feminity never comes into question. You cannot tell much unless you have her naked on the exam table :wink: .

Even that can be inconclusive as sadly is the case in such situations of genuine intergender situations.
eldanielfire

Postby Blues » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:39 pm

Pego wrote:

And in many instances it may also require some type of internal imaging to be sure as well as additional hormonal testing... And because of the IAAF requirements for, and guarantee of, strict confidentiality for athletes with hyperandrogenism or androgen resistance (which is a good thing), the public will probably never know which athletes are involved, unless the athlete chooses to make it public herself. (It's my guess that there's probably more than one athlete who's been cleared to compete under the current IAAF rules that were instituted after Caster Semenya had to deal with her unfortunate pre-rules ordeal, but that's only a guess and doesn't warrant finger pointing at anyone.)
Blues

Postby 26mi235 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:10 pm

A couple of connections here that could lead to the hypothesis: 1) rapid, young-age development into a world-leader; 2) the 800 (the event of the last individual had this as a major issue).
26mi235

Postby Megas15 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:02 pm

Come to think of it...Nyonsaba does look VERY boyish. She/He needs to be checked!
Megas15

Postby Megas15 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:03 pm

Megas15 wrote:Come to think of it...Nyonsaba does look VERY boyish. She/He needs to be checked!

Her testes may already descended...
Megas15

Previous