Murielle Ahoure 10.91s in France


Main message board: for the discussion of topical track & field items only.

Murielle Ahoure 10.91s in France

Postby norunner » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:56 am

Murielle Ahoure ran a PB of 10.91s (+1.5m/s) in Sotteville-Les-Rouen/France today. At the same meeting Dayron Robles won the 110H in 13.18 (+1.8m/s). Results here: http://lna.athle.com/asp.net/espaces.ne ... ?id=132259
norunner
 
Posts: 1287
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:21 pm

Re: Murielle Ahoure 10.91s in France

Postby uakari » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:58 am

i thought robles was suspended by the cubans? is he representing himself?
uakari
 
Posts: 565
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:21 pm

Re: Murielle Ahoure 10.91s in France

Postby jamal00005 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:04 pm

Ahoure seems to run best when not under pressure in the 100m i should say.She seems to handle the 200m well.I guess this is a good sign of what kind of shape she is in .All things being considered if she gets it right come Moscow i expect her to medal
jamal00005
 
Posts: 1259
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:46 pm

Re: Murielle Ahoure 10.91s in France

Postby norunner » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:07 pm

uakari wrote:i thought robles was suspended by the cubans? is he representing himself?
I read somewhere he is representing some european T&F club and the suspension is only for international championships. But since he doesn't want to compete for Cuba anyway that suspension won't matter much unless they make life difficult for him if he changes nationalities.
norunner
 
Posts: 1287
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:21 pm

Re: Murielle Ahoure 10.91s in France

Postby batonless relay » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:11 pm

norunner wrote:
uakari wrote:i thought robles was suspended by the cubans? is he representing himself?
I read somewhere he is representing some european T&F club and the suspension is only for international championships. But since he doesn't want to compete for Cuba anyway that suspension won't matter much unless they make life difficult for him if he changes nationalities.

I'm not too sure about this, but if Cuba didn't want Robles to run, then he wouldn't be able to run. If I'm not mistaken, athletes, even when competing on the circuit, compete at the behest of their countries. That consideration can easily be pulled and has been pulled on occassion for reasons that had nothing to do with official IAAF suspensions. My guess is they either don't care what he does because he's not running for Cuba anymore or that he's already changed his citizenship.
batonless relay
 
Posts: 700
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:40 am

Re: Murielle Ahoure 10.91s in France

Postby fasttrack85 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:21 pm

norunner wrote:Murielle Ahoure ran a PB of 10.91s (+1.5m/s) in Sotteville-Les-Rouen/France today. At the same meeting Dayron Robles won the 110H in 13.18 (+1.8m/s). Results here: http://lna.athle.com/asp.net/espaces.ne ... ?id=132259



Alexandria Anderson also ran 11.36 in the same race. The poor girl is headed to Moscow to embarrass herself.
fasttrack85
 
Posts: 510
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:43 pm

Re: Murielle Ahoure 10.91s in France

Postby jamal00005 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:24 pm

fasttrack85 wrote:
norunner wrote:Murielle Ahoure ran a PB of 10.91s (+1.5m/s) in Sotteville-Les-Rouen/France today. At the same meeting Dayron Robles won the 110H in 13.18 (+1.8m/s). Results here: http://lna.athle.com/asp.net/espaces.ne ... ?id=132259



Alexandria Anderson also ran 11.36 in the same race. The poor girl is headed to Moscow to embarrass herself.

I said as much to myself....but what can she do....she made the team so she must go and run and try her best
jamal00005
 
Posts: 1259
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:46 pm

Re: Murielle Ahoure 10.91s in France

Postby norunner » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:26 pm

batonless relay wrote:I'm not too sure about this, but if Cuba didn't want Robles to run, then he wouldn't be able to run. If I'm not mistaken, athletes, even when competing on the circuit, compete at the behest of their countries. That consideration can easily be pulled and has been pulled on occassion for reasons that had nothing to do with official IAAF suspensions. My guess is they either don't care what he does because he's not running for Cuba anymore or that he's already changed his citizenship.
Obviously he is still Cuban, otherwise the CUB after his name wouldn't make much sense. And i think at international meetings you can either compete for your country or your club, internationl championships is the only place where only the national federations can enter athletes.
norunner
 
Posts: 1287
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:21 pm

Re: Murielle Ahoure 10.91s in France

Postby fasttrack85 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:29 pm

jamal00005 wrote:
fasttrack85 wrote:
norunner wrote:Murielle Ahoure ran a PB of 10.91s (+1.5m/s) in Sotteville-Les-Rouen/France today. At the same meeting Dayron Robles won the 110H in 13.18 (+1.8m/s). Results here: http://lna.athle.com/asp.net/espaces.ne ... ?id=132259



Alexandria Anderson also ran 11.36 in the same race. The poor girl is headed to Moscow to embarrass herself.

I said as much to myself....but what can she do....she made the team so she must go and run and try her best



If she performs like that in Moscow USATF need to make her pay for her own airfare. She should also buy her own food and book her own hotel stay. She might as well have had a bed and comforter on the starting block.
fasttrack85
 
Posts: 510
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:43 pm

Re: Murielle Ahoure 10.91s in France

Postby Speedster » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:30 pm

jamal00005 wrote:
fasttrack85 wrote:
norunner wrote:Murielle Ahoure ran a PB of 10.91s (+1.5m/s) in Sotteville-Les-Rouen/France today. At the same meeting Dayron Robles won the 110H in 13.18 (+1.8m/s). Results here: http://lna.athle.com/asp.net/espaces.ne ... ?id=132259



Alexandria Anderson also ran 11.36 in the same race. The poor girl is headed to Moscow to embarrass herself.

I said as much to myself....but what can she do....she made the team so she must go and run and try her best


Its her first race so we need to wait and see what she can do. I thought she ran a good relay leg when she was on the team in Daegu so perhaps she will speed up again when she hits Moscow. Gardner and Duncan also raced a slower than compared to US Trials, I'll be interested now to see what Rollins the other big performer can manage.
Speedster
 
Posts: 963
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am
Location: London

Re: Murielle Ahoure 10.91s in France

Postby fasttrack85 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:33 pm

Speedster wrote:
jamal00005 wrote:
fasttrack85 wrote:
norunner wrote:Murielle Ahoure ran a PB of 10.91s (+1.5m/s) in Sotteville-Les-Rouen/France today. At the same meeting Dayron Robles won the 110H in 13.18 (+1.8m/s). Results here: http://lna.athle.com/asp.net/espaces.ne ... ?id=132259



Alexandria Anderson also ran 11.36 in the same race. The poor girl is headed to Moscow to embarrass herself.

I said as much to myself....but what can she do....she made the team so she must go and run and try her best


Its her first race so we need to wait and see what she can do. I thought she ran a good relay leg when she was on the team in Daegu so perhaps she will speed up again when she hits Moscow. Gardner and Duncan also raced a slower than compared to US Trials, I'll be interested now to see what Rollins the other big performer can manage.


Gardner and Duncan had a long collegiate season and have proved themselves worthy over and over. Anderson looks like she is dancing by the track at morning time and not getting on it.
fasttrack85
 
Posts: 510
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:43 pm

Re: Murielle Ahoure 10.91s in France

Postby batonless relay » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:43 pm

norunner wrote:
batonless relay wrote:I'm not too sure about this, but if Cuba didn't want Robles to run, then he wouldn't be able to run. If I'm not mistaken, athletes, even when competing on the circuit, compete at the behest of their countries. That consideration can easily be pulled and has been pulled on occassion for reasons that had nothing to do with official IAAF suspensions. My guess is they either don't care what he does because he's not running for Cuba anymore or that he's already changed his citizenship.
Obviously he is still Cuban, otherwise the CUB after his name wouldn't make much sense. And i think at international meetings you can either compete for your country or your club, internationl championships is the only place where only the national federations can enter athletes.

Again, I don't believe that's true. I can remember Jamaica suspending Raymond Stewart in '89 because he wouldn't run on a relay and he couldn't compete anywhere. I think, but I'm not sure, that the Kenyan federation also did it to some distance runners a few years back. Even when you compete on the circuit, you are eligible because your country allows it is how I have understood it.
batonless relay
 
Posts: 700
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:40 am

Re: Murielle Ahoure 10.91s in France

Postby k3ck3c » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:02 pm

So, in this Sotteville les Rouen meting

100 Wmh (+1,6 m/S)
1 Yvette Lewis 12,72
2 Kristi Castlin 12,74
3 Sally Pearson 12,76

110 mh (+1,8 m/s)
1 Robles 13,18 s

WPV
1 Silva 4,80
2 Saxer 4,60
3 Buisson 4,40

all extract from
http://www.lequipe.fr/Athletisme/Actual ... rme/384589

And Robles, who trains in the Monaco club, will be next week-end in the frenc championship (from the twiiter of the french Track and field federation
@FFAthletisme
Licencié à l'AS Monaco, le champion olympique cubain Dayron Robles sera engagé sur 110 m haies ce week-end aux Championnats de France Elite.
k3ck3c
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:59 pm

Re: Murielle Ahoure 10.91s in France

Postby fasttrack85 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:09 pm

k3ck3c wrote:So, in this Sotteville les Rouen meting

100 Wmh (+1,6 m/S)
1 Yvette Lewis 12,72
2 Kristi Castlin 12,74
3 Sally Pearson 12,76

110 mh (+1,8 m/s)
1 Robles 13,18 s

WPV
1 Silva 4,80
2 Saxer 4,60
3 Buisson 4,40

all extract from
http://www.lequipe.fr/Athletisme/Actual ... rme/384589

And Robles, who trains in the Monaco club, will be next week-end in the frenc championship (from the twiiter of the french Track and field federation
@FFAthletisme
Licencié à l'AS Monaco, le champion olympique cubain Dayron Robles sera engagé sur 110 m haies ce week-end aux Championnats de France Elite.



It's official Pearson is in bad shape.
fasttrack85
 
Posts: 510
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:43 pm

Re: Murielle Ahoure 10.91s in France

Postby gh » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:09 pm

batonless relay wrote:
norunner wrote:
uakari wrote:i thought robles was suspended by the cubans? is he representing himself?
I read somewhere he is representing some european T&F club and the suspension is only for international championships. But since he doesn't want to compete for Cuba anyway that suspension won't matter much unless they make life difficult for him if he changes nationalities.

I'm not too sure about this, but if Cuba didn't want Robles to run, then he wouldn't be able to run. If I'm not mistaken, athletes, even when competing on the circuit, compete at the behest of their countries. That consideration can easily be pulled and has been pulled on occassion for reasons that had nothing to do with official IAAF suspensions. My guess is they either don't care what he does because he's not running for Cuba anymore or that he's already changed his citizenship.


I'm sure Cuba is quite happy to see Robles running, and running well, so long as there's still a chance that they'll be able to coax one of their best medal hopes back into the fold before Moscow. Pissing him off more is a lose-lose for the federation. If he refuses to run for them in Moscow, then I'm guessing we'll see a more strident reaction.

I'm also guessing that in this day and age, with CAS now a fact of life, that we're overdue for an athlete to take a federation to task there for a suspension that's related to something other than a broach of IAAF rules.
gh
 
Posts: 46335
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am
Location: firmly at Arya's side!

Re: Murielle Ahoure 10.91s in France

Postby norunner » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:15 pm

gh wrote:I'm sure Cuba is quite happy to see Robles running, and running well, so long as there's still a chance that they'll be able to coax one of their best medal hopes back into the fold before Moscow.
Ortega was also one of their best medal hopes for Moscow and they just suspended him for 6 months.
norunner
 
Posts: 1287
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:21 pm

Re: Murielle Ahoure 10.91s in France

Postby jamal00005 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:19 pm

norunner wrote:
gh wrote:I'm sure Cuba is quite happy to see Robles running, and running well, so long as there's still a chance that they'll be able to coax one of their best medal hopes back into the fold before Moscow.
Ortega was also one of their best medal hopes for Moscow and they just suspended him for 6 months.

Why was Ortega suspended ?
jamal00005
 
Posts: 1259
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:46 pm

Re: Murielle Ahoure 10.91s in France

Postby norunner » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:27 pm

jamal00005 wrote:
norunner wrote:
gh wrote:I'm sure Cuba is quite happy to see Robles running, and running well, so long as there's still a chance that they'll be able to coax one of their best medal hopes back into the fold before Moscow.
Ortega was also one of their best medal hopes for Moscow and they just suspended him for 6 months.

Why was Ortega suspended ?
Serious misconduct, which could mean anything.
norunner
 
Posts: 1287
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:21 pm

Re: Murielle Ahoure 10.91s in France

Postby ChitoAZX » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:10 pm

fasttrack85 wrote:
k3ck3c wrote:So, in this Sotteville les Rouen meting

100 Wmh (+1,6 m/S)
1 Yvette Lewis 12,72
2 Kristi Castlin 12,74
3 Sally Pearson 12,76

110 mh (+1,8 m/s)
1 Robles 13,18 s

WPV
1 Silva 4,80
2 Saxer 4,60
3 Buisson 4,40

all extract from
http://www.lequipe.fr/Athletisme/Actual ... rme/384589

And Robles, who trains in the Monaco club, will be next week-end in the frenc championship (from the twiiter of the french Track and field federation
@FFAthletisme
Licencié à l'AS Monaco, le champion olympique cubain Dayron Robles sera engagé sur 110 m haies ce week-end aux Championnats de France Elite.



It's official Pearson is in bad shape.


Personally, I don't see her as a medal contender anymore :( . She will need a miracle to qualify for the final in her current form.
ChitoAZX
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:27 pm

Re: Murielle Ahoure 10.91s in France

Postby aaronk » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:19 pm

These threads are getting wilder and wilder!
This started off as a thread about Ahoure's 10.91.

Then it went off on Ms Anderson, dissing her bad race today, and even saying she didn't deserve to be on the team!!
(Tell me, does SRR deserve to be on the team? Does Demus? Does Jeter?)
Then it detoured to Sally Pearson.
Then......somehow.....it moved on to Dayron Robles vs Cuba, and then to Senor Ortega getting an unpaid vacation.

Heh. Maybe I should somehow wedge that youngster from NY state into the discussion.
But then I'd be accused of hijacking this thread!

Question: How do you hijack a thread that's already BEEN hijacked about five times over??

What happened to Ms Ahoure and her great PR??
Last edited by aaronk on Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aaronk
 
Posts: 3362
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 9:39 am

Re: Murielle Ahoure 10.91s in France

Postby jamal00005 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:21 pm

aaronk wrote:These threads are getting wilder and wilder!
This started off as a thread about Ahoure's 10.91.

Then it went off on Ms Anderson, dissing her bad race today, and even saying she didn't deserve to be on the team!!
(Tell me, does SRR deserve to be on the team? Does Demus? Does Jeter?)
Then it detoured to Sally Pearson.
Then......somehow.....it moved on to Dayron Robles vs Cuba, and then to Senor Ortega getting an unpaid vacation.

What happened to Ms Ahoure and her great PR??

Lol....I think i discussed her PR
jamal00005
 
Posts: 1259
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:46 pm

Re: Murielle Ahoure 10.91s in France

Postby LopenUupunut » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:25 pm

ChitoAZX wrote:Personally, I don't see her as a medal contender anymore :( . She will need a miracle to qualify for the final in her current form.
On the contrary, even if she's still in her current form come Moscow she has good chances of making the final. She may keep losing, but everyone she keeps losing to is from the United States; she's #3 on the world list among non-Americans this year, and only 0.02 behind non-US leader Porter. (Porter is 2-0 against Pearson this year - by a combined total of 0.05.)

To make the final she just needs to be among the top four non-Americans, which looks not only doable but likely.
Last edited by LopenUupunut on Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LopenUupunut
 
Posts: 2514
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:20 pm
Location: Sleeping in Finland

Re: Murielle Ahoure 10.91s in France

Postby uakari » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:27 pm

well, if people are going to post about other results from this meet, maybe they should re-title the thread instead.

also, this is more work for the moderators, but they can always spin-off the separate threads...

why is everybody so cranky today????? is it the moon?????
uakari
 
Posts: 565
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:21 pm

Re: Murielle Ahoure 10.91s in France

Postby t_monk » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:57 pm

..... So Muna Lee running 11.39 and Anderson runs 11.36.... But weren't these girls running 11 flat and faster 2 or so weeks ago? Oh dear.... They must have been running in a hurricane that caused them to run this slow OR just plain horrible conditions..... Oh no.... Ahoure PB'd here too and the wind reading was +1.5....
t_monk
 
Posts: 4338
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:03 pm
Location: New Haven, CT + Kgn, JA

Re: Murielle Ahoure 10.91s in France

Postby ATK » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:25 pm

batonless relay wrote:
norunner wrote:
batonless relay wrote:I'm not too sure about this, but if Cuba didn't want Robles to run, then he wouldn't be able to run. If I'm not mistaken, athletes, even when competing on the circuit, compete at the behest of their countries. That consideration can easily be pulled and has been pulled on occassion for reasons that had nothing to do with official IAAF suspensions. My guess is they either don't care what he does because he's not running for Cuba anymore or that he's already changed his citizenship.
Obviously he is still Cuban, otherwise the CUB after his name wouldn't make much sense. And i think at international meetings you can either compete for your country or your club, internationl championships is the only place where only the national federations can enter athletes.

Again, I don't believe that's true. I can remember Jamaica suspending Raymond Stewart in '89 because he wouldn't run on a relay and he couldn't compete anywhere. I think, but I'm not sure, that the Kenyan federation also did it to some distance runners a few years back. Even when you compete on the circuit, you are eligible because your country allows it is how I have understood it.

I don't see how that is possible or even makes sense. This is not an "international" meet in the sense that countries have nothing to do with entering athletes here. Any open athlete can compete as long as they are accepted by the meet director. As far as I know, national governing bodies have almost nothing to do with the "circuit" racing that athletes do. (circuit is a pretty vague term also. The little pop up meets can technically be as much part of the European circuit as much as the diamond league unless there is an IAAF definition I'm missing)
ATK
 
Posts: 3808
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:00 pm

Re: Murielle Ahoure 10.91s in France

Postby batonless relay » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:47 pm

ATK wrote:I don't see how that is possible or even makes sense. This is not an "international" meet in the sense that countries have nothing to do with entering athletes here. Any open athlete can compete as long as they are accepted by the meet director. As far as I know, national governing bodies have almost nothing to do with the "circuit" racing that athletes do. (circuit is a pretty vague term also. The little pop up meets can technically be as much part of the European circuit as much as the diamond league unless there is an IAAF definition I'm missing)

This is from the IAAF rule book http://www.usatf.org/groups/officials/f ... 2-2013.pdf

RULE 4
Requirements to Compete in International Competitions
1. No athlete may take part in an International Competition unless he:
(a) is a member of a Club affiliated to a Member; or
(b) is himself affiliated to a Member; or
(c) has otherwise agreed to abide by the rules of a Member;
and
(d) for International Competitions at which the IAAF is responsible
for doping control (see Rule 35.7), has signed an agreement in a
form set by the IAAF by which he agrees to be bound by the
Rules and Regulations (as amended from time to time) and to
submit all disputes he may have with the IAAF or a Member to
arbitration only in accordance with these Rules, accepting not to
refer any such disputes to any Court or authority which is not
provided for in these Rules.
2. Members may require that no athlete or Club affiliated to the Member
may take part in an International Competition in a foreign Country or
Territory without the Member’s written approval. In such a case, no
Member hosting a competition shall allow any foreign athlete or Club
of the Member in question to take part without evidence of such
permit certifying that the athlete or Club is eligible and permitted to
compete in the Country or Territory concerned.
Members shall notify
the IAAF of all such permit requirements. To facilitate compliance
with this Rule, the IAAF shall maintain on its website a list of
Members with such requirements.
batonless relay
 
Posts: 700
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:40 am

Re: Murielle Ahoure 10.91s in France

Postby 26mi235 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:48 pm

ATK; go read gh's post above. It seems his comment is that the Feds do have control. However, if they exercise it, it might well go to CAS and be tossed out.
26mi235
 
Posts: 16335
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Madison, WI

Re: Murielle Ahoure 10.91s in France

Postby ATK » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:36 pm

Apologies for not checking the exact rules. But it kinda makes no sense to me.

So if i'm visiting Italy for a month in July, and a small meet is being setup, its "illegal" for me to ask/pay for entry to the event, throw on spikes and run a race? Or is it that my race result would just not count for anything? Also, what does international competition mean as in what if you have dual citizenship but never represented a country in any competition yet?
ATK
 
Posts: 3808
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:00 pm

Re: Murielle Ahoure 10.91s in France

Postby Smoke » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:19 pm

No one competes on the circuit as a representative of anything other than themselves. Independent contractors.
Those international competitions are in reference to specific events such as world champs and the ilk. Not the circuit.
Anyone can run in a circuit meet, and everyone does. If they can buy a ticket, book a hotel room and get entered in a meet they are free to run, unless suspended by WADA or black balled by the meets
Smoke
 
Posts: 1108
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am

Re: Murielle Ahoure 10.91s in France

Postby norunner » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:00 am

Smoke wrote:Those international competitions are in reference to specific events such as world champs and the ilk. Not the circuit.
That doesn't make sense either, because only national federations are allowed to enter athletes at world champs etc. So if that rule only applies to those kinds of events, why bother mention Clubs at all?
However this may be the important part: "Members shall notify
the IAAF of all such permit requirements. To facilitate compliance
with this Rule, the IAAF shall maintain on its website a list of
Members with such requirements."
Has anyone checked the IAAF page if that list is there and which countries are on it?
Last edited by norunner on Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
norunner
 
Posts: 1287
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:21 pm

Re: Murielle Ahoure 10.91s in France

Postby andyjgt » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:18 am

I remember Adere not being allowed to run a DL (or whatever it was then) meeting just after the 2004 OGs after she was deselected from the OG team, it was said on the old IAAF forum that she was refused clearance by the Ethiopian federation, (I also remember either Mump or Flump said it was ridiculous that that should be the case...)
andyjgt
 
Posts: 833
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Deepest Polynesia

Re: Murielle Ahoure 10.91s in France

Postby lapsus » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:24 am

t_monk wrote:..... So Muna Lee running 11.39 and Anderson runs 11.36.... But weren't these girls running 11 flat and faster 2 or so weeks ago? Oh dear.... They must have been running in a hurricane that caused them to run this slow OR just plain horrible conditions..... Oh no.... Ahoure PB'd here too and the wind reading was +1.5....

Uh, the reason is that 2 weeks ago they were in peak condition? US athletes have to peak for their trials just to make the team, you know. After making the team there is then always the dilemma of how to best time a second peak for the main event while adjusting to the time difference in Europe or Asia.

It is more common than not for US athletes in this situation to have very mediocre times in their first meet(s) in Europe, especially the non-superstar ones. So a bad result from one random meet means exactly nothing, while Ahoure's great time does mean she is in great shape and a potential threat in Moscow.

Now, if Anderson's next races - I assume there are some - don't see her returning to, say, 11.1x level, then you can start to make some conclusions that she may not be able to reproduce her trials form in Moscow.
lapsus
 
Posts: 881
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: Murielle Ahoure 10.91s in France

Postby betterthanb4 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:52 pm

I would like for Ahoure to bring this sort of form In Moscow.
betterthanb4
 
Posts: 1105
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:21 pm

Re: Murielle Ahoure 10.91s in France

Postby run4urlyfe » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:11 am

betterthanb4 wrote:I would like for Ahoure to bring this sort of form In Moscow.


I see Ahoure as a scavenger she will eat if others allow her to. She has a shot only if Fraser and Okgabare have a major screw up or if Jeter is still not back to form. If those three ladies are on their a game Ahoure will simply be a finalist.
run4urlyfe
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:37 am

Re: Murielle Ahoure 10.91s in France

Postby batonless relay » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:33 am

run4urlyfe wrote:
betterthanb4 wrote:I would like for Ahoure to bring this sort of form In Moscow.


I see Ahoure as a scavenger she will eat if others allow her to. She has a shot only if Fraser and Okgabare have a major screw up or if Jeter is still not back to form. If those three ladies are on their a game Ahoure will simply be a finalist.

She MIGHT be a scavenger, but she just might have made the technical transformation that allows her to step up in class, not unlike Madison from last year. Ahoure is already as fast or faster than any of the 10.7/8 women by indoor 60 PB and she is as fast as the 10.7/8 women by outdoor 200 SB - in the year the athletes ran their 10.7/8. It is very possible that Ahoure, like Okagbare, like Fraser-Pryce, like Jeter (or Simpson and Stewart or Edwards before them) could be ready for the podium without ANY mistakes from the others.
batonless relay
 
Posts: 700
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:40 am

Re: Murielle Ahoure 10.91s in France

Postby jamal00005 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:59 am

batonless relay wrote:
run4urlyfe wrote:
betterthanb4 wrote:I would like for Ahoure to bring this sort of form In Moscow.


I see Ahoure as a scavenger she will eat if others allow her to. She has a shot only if Fraser and Okgabare have a major screw up or if Jeter is still not back to form. If those three ladies are on their a game Ahoure will simply be a finalist.

She MIGHT be a scavenger, but she just might have made the technical transformation that allows her to step up in class, not unlike Madison from last year. Ahoure is already as fast or faster than any of the 10.7/8 women by indoor 60 PB and she is as fast as the 10.7/8 women by outdoor 200 SB - in the year the athletes ran their 10.7/8. It is very possible that Ahoure, like Okagbare, like Fraser-Pryce, like Jeter (or Simpson and Stewart or Edwards before them) could be ready for the podium without ANY mistakes from the others.

For some reason I see Ahoure as a better 200m than 100m and its really strange since she has one of the better starts .
jamal00005
 
Posts: 1259
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:46 pm

Re: Murielle Ahoure 10.91s in France

Postby justrunfast » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:06 pm

jamal00005 wrote:
batonless relay wrote:
run4urlyfe wrote:
betterthanb4 wrote:I would like for Ahoure to bring this sort of form In Moscow.


I see Ahoure as a scavenger she will eat if others allow her to. She has a shot only if Fraser and Okgabare have a major screw up or if Jeter is still not back to form. If those three ladies are on their a game Ahoure will simply be a finalist.

She MIGHT be a scavenger, but she just might have made the technical transformation that allows her to step up in class, not unlike Madison from last year. Ahoure is already as fast or faster than any of the 10.7/8 women by indoor 60 PB and she is as fast as the 10.7/8 women by outdoor 200 SB - in the year the athletes ran their 10.7/8. It is very possible that Ahoure, like Okagbare, like Fraser-Pryce, like Jeter (or Simpson and Stewart or Edwards before them) could be ready for the podium without ANY mistakes from the others.

For some reason I see Ahoure as a better 200m than 100m and its really strange since she has one of the better starts .


You can see from Ahoure's 100m runs this year she has not been able to execute her 100m race pattern consistently yet but it is improving rapidly plus with the ability she has it is bound to come, the 60m if you have a great start you've basically won, 200m you have a lot more time to set up your race and any minor errors may not effect your time much but in the 100m the smallest mistake is the difference between say 10.9 and 11.1 which is massive.

I reckon if she gets it right in the final in Moscow she will be in with a shout for a medal in the 100m.

I think a good 60m is a very good asset to have but very overvalued compared to acceleration and the ability to slow the rate of deceleration.

Take SAFP for example Ahoure is probably on par with her in terms of 60m but 9/10 times SAFP will beat her and the only person who can catch SAFP on her best day is a fully fit Jeter.

Acceleration>Great Start !!
justrunfast
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:17 pm

Re: Murielle Ahoure 10.91s in France

Postby starboyunlimited » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:25 pm

Video Murielle Ahoure 10.91 : http://youtu.be/7LS88BGbdFc
starboyunlimited
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:03 am

Re: Murielle Ahoure 10.91s in France

Postby betterthanb4 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:51 pm

starboyunlimited wrote:Video Murielle Ahoure 10.91 : http://youtu.be/7LS88BGbdFc


Thanks. She got a cracking start and kept going. Now, if Murielle can bring the same form In Moscow she'll be in the mix for a medal for sure.
betterthanb4
 
Posts: 1105
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:21 pm

Re: Murielle Ahoure 10.91s in France

Postby ATK » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:50 pm

Great sportsmanship shown by the ladies after the race congratulating Ahoure
ATK
 
Posts: 3808
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:00 pm

Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Master Po and 15 guests