PED References

Normally open July 4th only---the one day a year when partisan politics, religion, etc. are acceptable topics on this Board (within reason). The forum is now closed.

PED References

Postby dbirds » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:11 am

I am still trying to understand why if someone has used PEDs or has strong accusations (and we have a source) that we can't mention it on the message boards. For example, if I say Udo Beyer's marks are not legit because he used PEDs (http://thinksteroids.com/forum/steroid- ... 34766.html), I get either removed or suspended. I am not making stuff up or throwing out random accusations, these are referenced.
dbirds

Re: PED References

Postby tandfman » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:15 am

The accusations may be referenced, but AFAIK he's never admitted PED use, nor was he ever found guilty of a doping violation by any authority. The fact that a suspicion has made its way into print somewhere does not make it more than a suspicion. And the moderators here, wisely IMHO, have banned statements and innuendos based on suspicions, rather than established, proven, facts.
tandfman

Postby Marlow » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:21 am

You don't want random people accusing you of something without ACTUAL PROOF of wrong-doing, do you?
Marlow

Postby dbirds » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:05 am

The accusations may be referenced, but AFAIK he's never admitted PED use, nor was he ever found guilty of a doping violation by any authority

Did you read the source? He DID admit taking PEDs.

You don't want random people accusing you of something without ACTUAL PROOF of wrong-doing, do you?

By random, if sports officials, teammates or coaches say I cheated then that isn't so random. I wouldnt post idle speculation but pointing out that an athlete suspected me (like it sounds like Allyson Felix did about someone, prob Jeter, to Piers Morgan or if the German federation had files that say I cheated then I think that is serious enough to post (and document).
dbirds

Postby Flumpy » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:27 am

But Garry doesn't so that's the end of it.

There are numerous people that I'm 100% certain are on drugs but until they are busted will not be stating such.

Once they are (And they usually are eventually) we can go to town.
Flumpy

Postby Marlow » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:31 am

dbirds wrote:Did you read the source? He DID admit taking PEDs.

If you cite that admission in your discussion, you will have no problems discussing him individually.
Marlow

Postby tandfman » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:35 am

dbirds wrote:
The accusations may be referenced, but AFAIK he's never admitted PED use, nor was he ever found guilty of a doping violation by any authority

Did you read the source? He DID admit taking PEDs.

No, an anonymous poster on a website I never heard of said he admitted it. There was a link to a newspaper article, which link could not be opened.
tandfman

Postby gh » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:07 am

give it up birdman.
gh

Postby dbirds » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:53 am

He did tandfman

GH, sorry I believe in fair play and hate to see athletes cheated by drug users! IMO Felix and Cantwell among other should have WRs if it wasn't for drug users. I feel the same way about Maris and Ruth in baseball. I don't see any legal issue bc other message boards allow it. Just looking for clarification.
dbirds