Bolt: "I know I am clean". Attempting world record in Moscow

Main message board: for the discussion of topical track & field items only.

Bolt: "I know I am clean". Attempting world record in Moscow

Postby fasttrack85 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:56 am

fasttrack85

Re: Bolt: "I know I am clean". Attempting world record in Mo

Postby pickle47 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:21 am

Bolt: "I am clean". Would the unclean athlete please raise their hand? Why even bother saying it? It doesn't matter. If you are clean, you won't test positive. If you are not, you may or may not test positive. It's all about testing positive.

Every PED-using athlete's protestations to the contrary only demonstrate one thing. The flawed human condition.

Nothing to see here. Move along.
pickle47

Postby fasttrack85 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:02 am

I disagree. If you know you are innocent and people are pointing their fingers at you that you are guilty you have a burning desire to tell them. Imagine you are a hardworking athlete training 5-6 days a week sun,rain, weekdays, holidays and clean as a whistle but the world is saying you are too good to be true. I know i would want the whole world to know how hard I have had to work for my accomplishments. This is why alot of ppl gave VCB a hard time because they said if there is no story then just come out and say there is a misunderstanding and the facts will be sorted out. I have a hard time believing anyone who is dirty would want to draw more attention to themselves by advocating a testing center in Kingston(tho this could be used for bad more than good).

Anyway I am also glad he is talking about the wr because at least that indicates he is mentally prepared and expects to be physically prepared as well.
fasttrack85

Postby Marlow » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:04 am

pickle47 wrote:Bolt: "I am clean".

The Lady doth protest!

Seems like an odd thing to say.
Guy walks into an IRS Center and declares, "No, I did NOT cheat on my income taxes!"
:?:
Marlow

Postby eldanielfire » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:09 am

Marlow wrote:
pickle47 wrote:Bolt: "I am clean".

The Lady doth protest!

Seems like an odd thing to say.
Guy walks into an IRS Center and declares, "No, I did NOT cheat on my income taxes!"
:?:

Given the post VCB climate and suspicious looks at Jamaican sprinting success it's hardly weird.
eldanielfire

Postby booond » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:11 am

fasttrack85 wrote:I disagree. If you know you are innocent and people are pointing their fingers at you that you are guilty you have a burning desire to tell them. Imagine you are a hardworking athlete training 5-6 days a week sun,rain, weekdays, holidays and clean as a whistle but the world is saying you are too good to be true. I know i would want the whole world to know how hard I have had to work for my accomplishments. This is why alot of ppl gave VCB a hard time because they said if there is no story then just come out and say there is a misunderstanding and the facts will be sorted out. I have a hard time believing anyone who is dirty would want to draw more attention to themselves by advocating a testing center in Kingston(tho this could be used for bad more than good).

Anyway I am also glad he is talking about the wr because at least that indicates he is mentally prepared and expects to be physically prepared as well.

If you're asked the question then you answer but never answer an unasked question because it will always bring up more questions.

Richard Nixon, "I am not a crook."
booond

Postby beebee » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:36 am

Love Bolt, but he simply shouldn't have said that.
That was nearly answering the dreaded "Have you stopped beating your wife" question.

Dear Mr. Bolt,

No one steps in shit on purpose.
beebee

Postby tm71 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:41 am

booond wrote:
fasttrack85 wrote:I disagree. If you know you are innocent and people are pointing their fingers at you that you are guilty you have a burning desire to tell them. Imagine you are a hardworking athlete training 5-6 days a week sun,rain, weekdays, holidays and clean as a whistle but the world is saying you are too good to be true. I know i would want the whole world to know how hard I have had to work for my accomplishments. This is why alot of ppl gave VCB a hard time because they said if there is no story then just come out and say there is a misunderstanding and the facts will be sorted out. I have a hard time believing anyone who is dirty would want to draw more attention to themselves by advocating a testing center in Kingston(tho this could be used for bad more than good).

If you're asked the question then you answer but never answer an unasked question because it will always bring up more questions.

lol. does sound like tricky dicky !
tm71

Postby eldanielfire » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:28 pm

booond wrote:

He was at a press conference and the video that clearly jumps past the questions asked to Usain Bolt's answers. Do we honestly believed he was ignoring press questions to randomly state he is clean? He was answering question, how much worse would it be if he purposely went "Next" if somebody asked him doping related questions. Instead he made it clear he is tested regularly and called for stronger measures in Jamaica. Hardly a smoking gun.
eldanielfire

Postby AFTERBURNER » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:48 pm

Agreed, let's not do any witch hunt!
AFTERBURNER

Postby betterthanb4 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:52 pm

Article on the front page

The entire Interview Q &A

http://www.diamondleague-paris.com/en/N ... plate=News

Jamaican athletics has just been shaken up by the positive dope test by Veronica Campbell-Brown. What do you think about it? Are you clean yourself?

I can’t speak for the others, but on a personal level, yes, I’m clean. I always have been. I don’t mind being tested any time at all, as often as is needed… except at 6 o’clock in the morning! (laughs). I’m also in favour of the idea put forward by my coach Glen Mills, to set up a laboratory in Jamaica.

I don't see a problem with his answer. What's the big deal? :roll:
betterthanb4

Postby zidan » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:36 am

I know he is good....great, but with the current form that he has displayed I cant see him cracking any of the records in Moscow.
zidan

Postby az2004 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:27 am

bolt is the golden egg, so iaaf wil never find him dirty even if he is
az2004

Postby rabalac » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:58 am

az2004 wrote:bolt is the golden egg, so iaaf wil never find him dirty even if he is

Does every sport have to have a "grassy knoll?"
As to the larger issue of admitting to being clean, it's the classic case of damned if you do, damned if you don't. Clearly Bolt was asked a question, which, in the context of the VCB situation, was entirely appropriate. If he had said "next question please", or WORSE, "no comment", that WOULD set the entire T&F world (not to mention this board) on fire. His answer was justified.

What's next?
rabalac