Netflix streaming has a new series

A place for the discussion of all things not closely related to the sport and its competitive side. (as always, locked for the duration of major international championship)

Netflix streaming has a new series

Postby jeremyp » Wed May 29, 2013 6:42 pm

Check out "The Fall" a new 5 parter on Netflix streaming. It's an ITV (British) show starring Gilian Anderson (Scully in X Files). It's by one of the guys who did "Prime Suspect" and it has another tough, cold, female cop, being a woman in a man's world. It's got 2 stories going on at the same time. A serial killer story with the usual TV/Movie myths about serial killers, which are so passe, and a cop assassination. Anderson is great and quite predatory in her role. Set In North Ireland.
jeremyp

Re: Netflix streaming has a new series

Postby nunusguy » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:31 am

So you like chic cops ? Check out "Top of the Lake" (7 episodes), also a Netflix streamer.
It stars "Peggy" from "Mad Men", and I got news for you pal, Peggy is hot, like in hot bod.
You will see Peggy like you've never seen her on Mad Men, or anywhere else for that matter, if you know what I mean. But she's the lead and plays a detective who ends up, well, find out for yourself.
nunusguy

Postby jeremyp » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:41 am

nunusguy wrote:So you like chic cops ? Check out "Top of the Lake" (7 episodes), also a Netflix streamer.
It stars "Peggy" from "Mad Men", and I got news for you pal, Peggy is hot, like in hot bod.
You will see Peggy like you've never seen her on Mad Men, or anywhere else for that matter, if you know what I mean. But she's the lead and plays a detective who ends up, well, find out for yourself.

I saw it. Our tastes in the ladies obviously differ!
jeremyp

Postby nunusguy » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:09 pm

jeremyp wrote:I saw it. Our tastes in the ladies obviously differ!

Hey man, sorry you didn't like Peggy, though I gotta admit the series wasn't really that good.
OK now "The Fall" is something else ! The wife and I sat down last night and started watching it and before I knew it we'd seen the first 3 episodes. It's really good, and plan to finish it off tonight. So thanks for the heads-up, I definitely do like your taste in this mini-series.
nunusguy