Enough Asafa!!


Main message board: for the discussion of topical track & field items only.

Enough Asafa!!

Postby Bolan » Sun May 19, 2013 9:26 am

I personally think this dude should retire. He is a weak, incompetent and serve no purpose representing Jamaica anymore . Jamaica is capable of winning the relay without him as was proven in London, He has a terrible championship record, his odds of medaling is no better than any of Jamaica 4th, 5th and 6th ranking sprinters. I personally believe his "physical" injuries are psychological. Asafa should step aside and let the younger athletes get the experience. He pulled up yesterday because he had a challenge from Jullian forte. Such a Phony! :x
Bolan
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:04 am

Re: Enough Asafa!!

Postby ATK » Sun May 19, 2013 9:31 am

Whoa. Maybe he just pulled up because he is genuinely injured. Kind of harsh on him.
ATK
 
Posts: 3808
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:00 pm

Re: Enough Asafa!!

Postby Bolan » Sun May 19, 2013 9:39 am

I think fans should stop buying tickets where he is the main event athlete and Promotes should stop booking him or demand that he only gets paid if he shows up an run 100 M not 95 and shutdown. I think they should insert a legal clause about his effort. If I were a promoter I would Blacklist him. Any promoters could get the hype of using Bolt, Blake , Gay and to an extent Gatlin without missing Asafa.
Bolan
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:04 am

Re: Enough Asafa!!

Postby gh » Sun May 19, 2013 9:49 am

dude--- it's his job! Why would/should any athlete who can still make decent bucks hang it up?
gh
 
Posts: 46335
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am
Location: firmly at Arya's side!

Re: Enough Asafa!!

Postby Sasuke » Sun May 19, 2013 9:54 am

He should have surgery and (try to) heal his recurring issue once and forever. Tyson Gay did it and now it's completely healthy. Asafa will never get rid of this injury doing nothing to make it go away; this is the third year in a row he is unable to compete as he should. Last year, in my opinion, he should have had surgery just after the olympic final so that he could have the months he needed to recover and then try to come back. He says he is afraid of losing his strength which is completely useless if you can't use it because always injured.
Sasuke
 
Posts: 278
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:32 am

Re: Enough Asafa!!

Postby kuha » Sun May 19, 2013 9:58 am

gh wrote:dude--- it's his job! Why would/should any athlete who can still make decent bucks hang it up?


It looks like the answer is: "In order to never, ever risk offending the sensibilities of the fragile flowers, the ultra-sensitive fans, amongst us." I do think we all need to work harder at that.

:lol: :roll: :lol:
kuha
 
Posts: 9034
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: 3rd row, on the finish line

Re: Enough Asafa!!

Postby Bolan » Sun May 19, 2013 10:05 am

gh wrote:dude--- it's his job! Why would/should any athlete who can still make decent bucks hang it up?

Dude.............. feel free to pay for, and encourage mediocre performance at your own leisure, I would not pay to attend an event where he is the main event. I did not say Carter, Frater or Harvey who are all less talented need to retire, its about principle and effort. I pay to see 100% effort. I cant be mad with a guy who gives his best effort but I also will not support a weak competitor who snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. He is an "A" class looser!
Bolan
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:04 am

Re: Enough Asafa!!

Postby Dave » Sun May 19, 2013 10:18 am

kuha wrote:
gh wrote:dude--- it's his job! Why would/should any athlete who can still make decent bucks hang it up?


It looks like the answer is: "In order to never, ever risk offending the sensibilities of the fragile flowers, the ultra-sensitive fans, amongst us." I do think we all need to work harder at that.

:lol: :roll: :lol:


Seconded.
Dave
 
Posts: 2125
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:16 pm

Re: Enough Asafa!!

Postby rainy.here » Sun May 19, 2013 10:38 am

Bolan wrote:
gh wrote:dude--- it's his job! Why would/should any athlete who can still make decent bucks hang it up?

Dude.............. feel free to pay for, and encourage mediocre performance at your own leisure, I would not pay to attend an event where he is the main event. I did not say Carter, Frater or Harvey who are all less talented need to retire, its about principle and effort. I pay to see 100% effort. I cant be mad with a guy who gives his best effort but I also will not support a weak competitor who snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. He is an "A" class looser!


I would pay to see Asafa run any time. This "A class looser" (it's loser, not looser by the way) has been running very fast times for a really long time now. If you don't think running under 10sec over 80 times could make him injury-prone, ...
rainy.here
 
Posts: 600
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:05 pm

Re: Enough Asafa!!

Postby 26mi235 » Sun May 19, 2013 10:46 am

Bolan wrote:
gh wrote:dude--- it's his job! Why would/should any athlete who can still make decent bucks hang it up?

Dude.............. feel free to pay for, and encourage mediocre performance at your own leisure, I would not pay to attend an event where he is the main event. I did not say Carter, Frater or Harvey who are all less talented need to retire, its about principle and effort. I pay to see 100% effort. I cant be mad with a guy who gives his best effort but I also will not support a weak competitor who snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. He is an "A" class looser!


So, how are you 'paying for' anything here that differentiates such remuneration.

So the principle is that if you think someone should or should not give up. And, how do you know that he is not giving 100% effort? I might point out spelling issues in your last sentence, but that too would be arrogant.
26mi235
 
Posts: 16334
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Madison, WI

Re: Enough Asafa!!

Postby eldanielfire » Sun May 19, 2013 1:32 pm

Bolan wrote:I personally think this dude should retire. He is a weak, incompetent and serve no purpose representing Jamaica anymore . Jamaica is capable of winning the relay without him as was proven in London, He has a terrible championship record, his odds of medaling is no better than any of Jamaica 4th, 5th and 6th ranking sprinters. I personally believe his "physical" injuries are psychological. Asafa should step aside and let the younger athletes get the experience. He pulled up yesterday because he had a challenge from Jullian forte. Such a Phony! :x


In the 100m I doubt anybody but Blake and Bolt can run faster than Asafa. Plus like he still earns hundreds of thousabds of pounds a year so who the f##k would turn down that just because they may not win a medal, especially as he is still popular with fans and an all but guarantee a sub-10 when fit?
eldanielfire
 
Posts: 1321
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:07 am

Re: Enough Asafa!!

Postby beebee » Sun May 19, 2013 1:44 pm

Bolan wrote:I personally think this dude should retire. He is a weak, incompetent and serve no purpose representing Jamaica anymore . Jamaica is capable of winning the relay without him as was proven in London, He has a terrible championship record, his odds of medaling is no better than any of Jamaica 4th, 5th and 6th ranking sprinters. I personally believe his "physical" injuries are psychological. Asafa should step aside and let the younger athletes get the experience. He pulled up yesterday because he had a challenge from Jullian forte. Such a Phony! :x


Not very nice man. Powell has every right to attempt to continue his great career...not everyone can say that they were a multiple WR holder at 100 meters and was Track and Field News' 2006 Athlete of the Year.
How would you like it if Asafa came to McDonalds and insisted that you retire...
just because you burnt a few fries :lol:
beebee
 
Posts: 535
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:30 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Enough Asafa!!

Postby beebee » Sun May 19, 2013 1:47 pm

eldanielfire wrote:
Bolan wrote:I personally think this dude should retire. He is a weak, incompetent and serve no purpose representing Jamaica anymore . Jamaica is capable of winning the relay without him as was proven in London, He has a terrible championship record, his odds of medaling is no better than any of Jamaica 4th, 5th and 6th ranking sprinters. I personally believe his "physical" injuries are psychological. Asafa should step aside and let the younger athletes get the experience. He pulled up yesterday because he had a challenge from Jullian forte. Such a Phony! :x


In the 100m I doubt anybody but Blake and Bolt can run faster than Asafa. Plus like he still earns hundreds of thousabds of pounds a year so who the f##k would turn down that just because they may not win a medal, especially as he is still popular with fans and an all but guarantee a sub-10 when fit?


Love Powell...but Gay owned him dude...particularly in big meets.
beebee
 
Posts: 535
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:30 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Enough Asafa!!

Postby aaronk » Sun May 19, 2013 2:21 pm

When Asafa starts crashing into other sprinters because he's too blind to see, too deaf to hear, and too slow to react to avoid the collision.....THEN maybe he should retire!!! :P :P
aaronk
 
Posts: 3359
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 9:39 am

Re: Enough Asafa!!

Postby Blues » Sun May 19, 2013 2:58 pm

Sasuke wrote:He should have surgery and (try to) heal his recurring issue once and forever. Tyson Gay did it and now it's completely healthy. Asafa will never get rid of this injury doing nothing to make it go away; this is the third year in a row he is unable to compete as he should. Last year, in my opinion, he should have had surgery just after the olympic final so that he could have the months he needed to recover and then try to come back. He says he is afraid of losing his strength which is completely useless if you can't use it because always injured.


If Asafa's current hamstring problem is secondary to the problems he had in the past with his groin, then you might have a point. But if the hamstring pull that occurred in March and that he just reaggravated isn't related to his past groin problem, then surgery might not have made any difference.
Blues
 
Posts: 1090
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:58 am

Re: Enough Asafa!!

Postby 18.99s » Sun May 19, 2013 3:24 pm

It's time for him to move to the 400m.
18.99s
 
Posts: 704
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:28 am

Re: Enough Asafa!!

Postby J2thaD » Sun May 19, 2013 4:04 pm

The man has long been mentally fragile. Who knows if he is really hurt or not. You want to give him the benefit of the doubt. If this is the same issue that bothered him last year, he probably should opt for surgery. His act is getting a bit old though. I don't want to see races where a guy throttles down because somebody ran up along side of him. That is a quitter plain and simple. These meet organizers need to start putting clauses in for Powell, stating that he has to run hard through the line every time out. What the hell is he getting paid those big appearance fees for when he almost never gives it his all? If he has really been hurt all these instances, he needs to retire. I especially have a problem with him throttling down on the circuit. He is taking money away from some other sprinter, who would run all the way through the tape, and give it his all.
J2thaD
 
Posts: 276
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:45 am

Re: Enough Asafa!!

Postby Bolan » Sun May 19, 2013 5:13 pm

J2thaD wrote:The man has long been mentally fragile. Who knows if he is really hurt or not. You want to give him the benefit of the doubt. If this is the same issue that bothered him last year, he probably should opt for surgery. His act is getting a bit old though. I don't want to see races where a guy throttles down because somebody ran up along side of him. That is a quitter plain and simple. These meet organizers need to start putting clauses in for Powell, stating that he has to run hard through the line every time out. What the hell is he getting paid those big appearance fees for when he almost never gives it his all? If he has really been hurt all these instances, he needs to retire. I especially have a problem with him throttling down on the circuit. He is taking money away from some other sprinter, who would run all the way through the tape, and give it his all.

Finally! Someone with a brain and an IQ high enough to understand that my frustration is not arrogance. One thing that I realize is, the guys with the most post on this board seem to be the most inept and irrational. The dude with 14524 post need to get a life!
Bolan
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:04 am

Re: Enough Asafa!!

Postby toyracer » Sun May 19, 2013 5:52 pm

Bolan wrote: He pulled up yesterday because he had a challenge from Jullian forte.


BS. Asafa was in front of the field when he pulled up.

Sasuke wrote:He should have surgery and (try to) heal his recurring issue once and forever.


His recurring injury (since '05) is groin related... this year he has been hampered by his hamstring.
toyracer
 
Posts: 1759
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:38 pm
Location: Kingston, Jamaica

Re: Enough Asafa!!

Postby rainy.here » Sun May 19, 2013 6:07 pm

J2thaD wrote: I don't want to see races where a guy throttles down because somebody ran up along side of him. That is a quitter plain and simple.


I suggest you watch the race again. He was well out front, and not losing ground when he throttled down; he wasn't even at top speed yet.
rainy.here
 
Posts: 600
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:05 pm

Re: Enough Asafa!!

Postby norunner » Sun May 19, 2013 6:54 pm

Bolan wrote:Finally! Someone with a brain and an IQ high enough to understand that my frustration is not arrogance. One thing that I realize is, the guys with the most post on this board seem to be the most inept and irrational. The dude with 14524 post need to get a life!
So just to clarify, anyone who does not agree with your rant is stupid? And the only guy you consider smart is the one who demands a clause in an athletes contract requiring him to give it his best until the end? Now my tiny stupid brain can't come up with a solution on how one would actually verify if an athlete really put an effort to it?
If i remember correctly between 2004 and 2008 Powell was the only jamaican to run below 10 seconds until Bolt came along. Powell may be the main reason why jamaican sprinting was lifted to a new level, because to beat him you had to be VERY fast. For that alone he deserves a lot of respect and certainly not insults.
norunner
 
Posts: 1287
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:21 pm

Re: Enough Asafa!!

Postby beebee » Sun May 19, 2013 7:46 pm

norunner wrote:
Bolan wrote:Finally! Someone with a brain and an IQ high enough to understand that my frustration is not arrogance. One thing that I realize is, the guys with the most post on this board seem to be the most inept and irrational. The dude with 14524 post need to get a life!
So just to clarify, anyone who does not agree with your rant is stupid? And the only guy you consider smart is the one who demands a clause in an athletes contract requiring him to give it his best until the end? Now my tiny stupid brain can't come up with a solution on how one would actually verify if an athlete really put an effort to it?
If i remember correctly between 2004 and 2008 Powell was the only jamaican to run below 10 seconds until Bolt came along. Powell may be the main reason why jamaican sprinting was lifted to a new level, because to beat him you had to be VERY fast. For that alone he deserves a lot of respect and certainly not insults.


Thank you sir,
For the critical thought. And you are so right, Asafa Powell has done a lot for Jamaican sprinting over the years.

Anybody can get hurt...just ask Mr. Bolt and Mr. Blake.
beebee
 
Posts: 535
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:30 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Enough Asafa!!

Postby 26mi235 » Sun May 19, 2013 8:07 pm

Bolan wrote:Finally! Someone with a brain and an IQ high enough to understand that my frustration is not arrogance. One thing that I realize is, the guys with the most post on this board seem to be the most inept and irrational. The dude with 14524 post need to get a life!


Frustration is not arrogance; what you seem to think is an appropriate conclusion from your frustration is what moves you in that direction.

And, I do have a life: a PhD, a teaching then professional career, family, a few PRs, a bit of officiating giving back to the sport.

What is your life like?
26mi235
 
Posts: 16334
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Madison, WI

Re: Enough Asafa!!

Postby JumboElliott » Sun May 19, 2013 8:25 pm

Nice to know that athletes owe something to fans.

Asafa Powell is not only an all-time great, but an asset to the sport.
JumboElliott
 
Posts: 2142
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:46 am

Re: Enough Asafa!!

Postby shivfan » Mon May 20, 2013 12:05 am

For those who don't know the latest....

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/2013 ... orts2.html

"Following his disappointment at last year's IAAF World Junior Championship where he pulled up near the finish line after leading in the 200m final, University of Technology's Julian Forte maintained his excellent form this season after winning a competitive 100m at Saturday night's Jamaica Athletics Administrative Association development meet at the National Stadium. It was bad news, however, for Forte's training partner Asafa Powell, who suffered another injury setback, pulling up midway the race after another hamstring issue. He is expected to have the injury assessed today."
shivfan
 
Posts: 2588
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:30 am
Location: Just outside London

Re: Enough Asafa!!

Postby justrunfast » Mon May 20, 2013 2:07 am

This thread is hilarious how can you say he has no purpose of representing Jamaica? You seem to know how athletics works.....as far as im concerned until someone beats Powell at the JA trials then he has every right to represent Jamaica. At the trials last year he literally ran with one leg and came 3rd.
justrunfast
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:17 pm

Re: Enough Asafa!!

Postby DentyCracker » Mon May 20, 2013 2:53 am

Bolan wrote:I think fans should stop buying tickets where he is the main event athlete and Promotes should stop booking him or demand that he only gets paid if he shows up an run 100 M not 95 and shutdown. I think they should insert a legal clause about his effort. If I were a promoter I would Blacklist him. Any promoters could get the hype of using Bolt, Blake , Gay and to an extent Gatlin without missing Asafa.

It is official. You are a clueless moron
DentyCracker
 
Posts: 1648
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Jamaica

Re: Enough Asafa!!

Postby EPelle » Mon May 20, 2013 2:56 am

DC, you might want to revise/remove that before the boss man wakes up.
EPelle
 
Posts: 21442
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: Enough Asafa!!

Postby Speedster » Mon May 20, 2013 3:47 am

Has Powell gone on record stating he's avoiding surgery? Is it even an option?
Speedster
 
Posts: 963
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am
Location: London

Re: Enough Asafa!!

Postby shearer39 » Mon May 20, 2013 4:44 am

Bolan, you talk as if Asafa is doing this to himself on purpose. Try to put yourself in his shoes and see if you can imagine his own frustrations at being injured so often. Give the man a break. Yeah, he may have come psychological issues but the injuries are real. Take a chill pill man. It happens.
shearer39
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:03 am
Location: Jamaica

Re: Enough Asafa!!

Postby rabalac » Mon May 20, 2013 4:55 am

justrunfast wrote:This thread is hilarious how can you say he has no purpose of representing Jamaica? You seem to know how athletics works.....as far as im concerned until someone beats Powell at the JA trials then he has every right to represent Jamaica. At the trials last year he literally ran with one leg and came 3rd.


Point taken. If I were the track coach for J'ca however, I would not put Asafa on either the preliminary or final relay. Yes, if he finishes in the top 6 (in the 100m) I guess that puts him on the relay pool, but I would not run him in a race. I know that would probably kill him emotionally, but as a head coach, I am obligated to put the team with the best chance of winning.

I personally don't know what Asafa's problem is, but a change of club/coach/trainer probably wouldn't hurt. Whatever he does, I wish him well.
rabalac
 
Posts: 155
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:34 am

Re: Enough Asafa!!

Postby Vielleicht » Mon May 20, 2013 5:23 am

rabalac wrote:Point taken. If I were the track coach for J'ca however, I would not put Asafa on either the preliminary or final relay. Yes, if he finishes in the top 6 (in the 100m) I guess that puts him on the relay pool, but I would not run him in a race.

Asafa Powell has previously run some of the very best legs of the sport when it mattered. He doesn't seem to tend to disappoint when he's got a baton in hand.
Vielleicht
 
Posts: 370
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:11 am

Re: Enough Asafa!!

Postby kamikaze7 » Mon May 20, 2013 9:13 am

Asafa will continue to run until he is almost 40 and make good money while the haters hate. And as long as he meets the qualification criteria, he will continue to represent Jamaica.

Oh and BTW, Asafa's relay split in Beijing 2008 was the fastest ever at the time and played a key role in breaking the world record. So much for not representing Jamaica well.
kamikaze7
 
Posts: 707
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:05 pm

Re: Enough Asafa!!

Postby rabalac » Mon May 20, 2013 11:05 am

I'm certainly not hating on Asafa. In fact i was most sincere when I said I wished him well in his future endeavors. I still stand by my statement that i would not put him on the J'ca relay team in big moments like the Worlds, or the Olympics. Yes he ran (arguably) the greatest leg in history, but that was FIVE YEARS AGO. If I recall, that moment was Asafa's LAST great moment on the track. He has suffered numerous injuries since then. And let's not lose sight of the obvious, J'ca is one of TWO countries (USA being the other) that has the luxury of being able to drop someone of Asafa's caliber from a relay team. For any other country, he would be a lock for the relay team. For J'ca, they can do without him and still be a lock for the gold and possibly a WR. When you have depth like that, why risk it just to assuage hurt feelings?
rabalac
 
Posts: 155
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:34 am

Re: Enough Asafa!!

Postby jazzcyclist » Mon May 20, 2013 11:36 am

kamikaze7 wrote:Oh and BTW, Asafa's relay split in Beijing 2008 was the fastest ever at the time and played a key role in breaking the world record. So much for not representing Jamaica well.

Asafa may not always represent himself well, but he always represents Jamaica well when he runs on relays. I have never seen him give less than a 100% effort on relays regardless of whether he got the stick behind or in the lead.
jazzcyclist
 
Posts: 10860
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: Enough Asafa!!

Postby kamikaze7 » Mon May 20, 2013 12:18 pm

rabalac wrote:I'm certainly not hating on Asafa. In fact i was most sincere when I said I wished him well in his future endeavors. I still stand by my statement that i would not put him on the J'ca relay team in big moments like the Worlds, or the Olympics. Yes he ran (arguably) the greatest leg in history, but that was FIVE YEARS AGO. If I recall, that moment was Asafa's LAST great moment on the track. He has suffered numerous injuries since then. And let's not lose sight of the obvious, J'ca is one of TWO countries (USA being the other) that has the luxury of being able to drop someone of Asafa's caliber from a relay team. For any other country, he would be a lock for the relay team. For J'ca, they can do without him and still be a lock for the gold and possibly a WR. When you have depth like that, why risk it just to assuage hurt feelings?



No one wants to assuage hurt feelings. No one wants special dispensation for Asafa. Just give him what he deserves. If he qualifies then he deserves to run for Jamaica. As far as I know, Asafa does not have a record of choking in relays. In fact he appears to be a very good relay runner.

With regard to injuries, those are of no consequence. People run with injuries all the time. Let the team doctor whom I assume is qualified determine if Asafa should be on the team.
kamikaze7
 
Posts: 707
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:05 pm

Re: Enough Asafa!!

Postby jazzcyclist » Mon May 20, 2013 12:32 pm

kamikaze7 wrote:With regard to injuries, those are of no consequence. People run with injuries all the time. Let the team doctor whom I assume is qualified determine if Asafa should be on the team.

I would add to this that though Asafa has underperformed in global championship 100's, he's never done anything as shameful as what Lashawn Merritt did in London, when he showed up in his opening round unfit to run, rather give up his spot for the alternate. Powell has made every global 100 final for which he's made the team and London is the only time he ever pulled up lame. Any athlete who makes the final has justified the spot on the team IMO.
Last edited by jazzcyclist on Mon May 20, 2013 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jazzcyclist
 
Posts: 10860
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: Enough Asafa!!

Postby Lord_Zanus » Mon May 20, 2013 1:26 pm

Some interesting facts on Asafa

Has only entered one major championship meet as the wrh(07)
Has never gone into a major championship to compete as the world leader in the 100m
Has run one major final without having an injury setback during that season(04)
Lord_Zanus
 
Posts: 299
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:59 am

Re: Enough Asafa!!

Postby ATK » Mon May 20, 2013 3:37 pm

jazzcyclist wrote:
kamikaze7 wrote:With regard to injuries, those are of no consequence. People run with injuries all the time. Let the team doctor whom I assume is qualified determine if Asafa should be on the team.

I would add to this that though Asafa has underperformed in global championship 100's, he's never done anything as shameful as what Lashawn Merritt did in London, when he showed up in his opening round unfit to run, rather give up his spot for the alternate. Powell has made every global 100 final for which he's made the team and London is the only time he ever pulled up lame. Any athlete who makes the final has justified the spot on the team IMO.

That's a seriously unfair assessment considering there are only 8(or 9) athletes who make any given final (save the distance events where more do) but your basically saying the majority of athletes competing for their country were not fit to make that team...
ATK
 
Posts: 3808
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:00 pm

Re: Enough Asafa!!

Postby jazzcyclist » Mon May 20, 2013 3:53 pm

ATK wrote:but your basically saying the majority of athletes competing for their country were not fit to make that team...

Not only did I not say this, but I didn't intend to imply this. I guess you misinterpretted what I wrote. I don't equate lacking elite talent with being unfit. Do you remember what Lashawn Merritt did in London?
jazzcyclist
 
Posts: 10860
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aaronk, georgebi, jjimbojames, KDFINE, Sasuke, Wmbgskip and 14 guests