DL Fantasy - Shanghai


Main message board: for the discussion of topical track & field items only.

DL Fantasy - Shanghai

Postby Pego » Sun May 12, 2013 3:12 am

Transfers not open yet, but the start lists are up. It is brutal, hardly anybody entered has any recorded performance this season yet. There will be tears and grinding teeth.
Pego
 
Posts: 10196
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: beyond help

Re: DL Fantasy - Shanghai

Postby Deuce » Mon May 13, 2013 5:55 am

The transfers option will be opened at: 5/18/2013 7:30:00 AM(UTC)

:shock:
Very small window for transfers. wTJ starts at 18:27 China Standard Time if I'm reading this right: http://www.diamondleague-shanghai.com/e ... /Overview/ CST is UTC +8, so that is 10:27 AM UTC and transfers will be closed (one hour?) before that. Am I wrong :?:
Deuce
 
Posts: 311
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Zagreb, Croatia

Re: DL Fantasy - Shanghai

Postby LopenUupunut » Mon May 13, 2013 6:21 am

Deuce wrote:
The transfers option will be opened at: 5/18/2013 7:30:00 AM(UTC)
:shock:
Very small window for transfers. wTJ starts at 18:27 China Standard Time if I'm reading this right: http://www.diamondleague-shanghai.com/e ... /Overview/ CST is UTC +8, so that is 10:27 AM UTC and transfers will be closed (one hour?) before that. Am I wrong :?:
It would be just like IAAF to give us 1 hour to make transfers in. Of which we'll have server downtime for 55 minutes due to too many players trying to log in :)
LopenUupunut
 
Posts: 2510
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:20 pm
Location: Sleeping in Finland

Re: DL Fantasy - Shanghai

Postby jeremyp » Mon May 13, 2013 7:03 am

Early meets are always difficult. What shape are people in? Have to go with solid oldies, but anything can happen. Although it's probably the first time I'm avoiding picking Isi!
jeremyp
 
Posts: 4542
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Florida

Re: DL Fantasy - Shanghai

Postby TeWaio » Mon May 13, 2013 7:39 am

LopenUupunut wrote:
Deuce wrote:
The transfers option will be opened at: 5/18/2013 7:30:00 AM(UTC)
:shock:
Very small window for transfers. wTJ starts at 18:27 China Standard Time if I'm reading this right: http://www.diamondleague-shanghai.com/e ... /Overview/ CST is UTC +8, so that is 10:27 AM UTC and transfers will be closed (one hour?) before that. Am I wrong :?:
It would be just like IAAF to give us 1 hour to make transfers in. Of which we'll have server downtime for 55 minutes due to too many players trying to log in :)


Seems ridiculous - why not open it now and have it open all week? AND make it so you can't see other people's picks so there is no 'gaming' the system by the leaders.
TeWaio
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:01 am
Location: Cambridge, UK

Re: DL Fantasy - Shanghai

Postby Pego » Mon May 13, 2013 8:17 am

Deuce wrote:
The transfers option will be opened at: 5/18/2013 7:30:00 AM(UTC)

:shock:
Very small window for transfers. wTJ starts at 18:27 China Standard Time if I'm reading this right: http://www.diamondleague-shanghai.com/e ... /Overview/ CST is UTC +8, so that is 10:27 AM UTC and transfers will be closed (one hour?) before that. Am I wrong :?:


If my math is correct, here at the US CT, we would have a window of 1:30 AM - 4:27 AM on Saturday. That sounds totally nuts, it cannot be right.

I am hoping, somebody from IAAF is lurking here.
Pego
 
Posts: 10196
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: beyond help

Re: DL Fantasy - Shanghai

Postby Sasuke » Mon May 13, 2013 8:31 am

jeremyp wrote:Early meets are always difficult. What shape are people in? Have to go with solid oldies, but anything can happen. Although it's probably the first time I'm avoiding picking Isi!


You are right if you decide not to pick her!
She is perfectly capable of clearing 4.85 but she is more likely to end with three misses, maybe entering the competition at 4.70 or over there. :P

I had a bad day with the first meeting picking Chemos and Otto who sucked. The first one was a hazardous move since she hadn't competed anywhere but Otto had beaten Lavillenie twice and had already cleared 5.80 this spring (even if he did it during an indoor competition). And then a very weird thing happened to me: i am sure I picked Mutaz Essa Barshim and I ended finding... Nesta Carter in my team (please notice I had already chosen Gatlin because I was convinced he would win)!
Sasuke
 
Posts: 273
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:32 am

Re: DL Fantasy - Shanghai

Postby Dave » Mon May 13, 2013 2:13 pm

Anyone notice Dwight Phillips is competing?
Dave
 
Posts: 2119
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:16 pm

Re: DL Fantasy - Shanghai

Postby shivfan » Tue May 14, 2013 12:50 am

shivfan
 
Posts: 2588
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:30 am
Location: Just outside London

Re: DL Fantasy - Shanghai

Postby Pego » Tue May 14, 2013 2:55 am

shivfan wrote:Open now....

http://fantasydiamondrace.com/


Good. I see from the locking time that the available window in the original plan was the entire 1 hour, 7:30-8:30 UCT :shock: .
Pego
 
Posts: 10196
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: beyond help

Re: DL Fantasy - Shanghai

Postby Jnathletics » Tue May 14, 2013 8:52 am

shivfan wrote:Open now....



At least I get to go too bed at a respectable hour now. :D
Jnathletics
 
Posts: 2213
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Cross Country Mudville

Re: DL Fantasy - Shanghai

Postby LopenUupunut » Fri May 17, 2013 2:32 am

A reminder to everybody that we have less than 24 hours left :)
LopenUupunut
 
Posts: 2510
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:20 pm
Location: Sleeping in Finland

Re: DL Fantasy - Shanghai

Postby gh » Fri May 17, 2013 4:24 am

and now only 22! :mrgreen:
gh
 
Posts: 46307
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am
Location: firmly at Arya's side!

Re: DL Fantasy - Shanghai

Postby jeremyp » Fri May 17, 2013 6:56 am

Looks like Jelimo is out!
jeremyp
 
Posts: 4542
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Florida

Re: DL Fantasy - Shanghai

Postby Daisy » Fri May 17, 2013 7:08 am

Good call jeremyp, I switched her out of my team.
Daisy
 
Posts: 13153
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: DL Fantasy - Shanghai

Postby mump boy » Fri May 17, 2013 7:27 am

jeremyp wrote:Looks like Jelimo is out!


Well that makes things a bit easier

Thanks :D
mump boy
 
Posts: 5636
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: saaaaaarf london

Re: DL Fantasy - Shanghai

Postby jeremyp » Fri May 17, 2013 7:55 am

My "nice guy" alter won out over my "f**em" alter. :D Meditation must be working!
jeremyp
 
Posts: 4542
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Florida

Re: DL Fantasy - Shanghai

Postby Pego » Fri May 17, 2013 8:05 am

jeremyp wrote:My "nice guy" alter won out over my "f**em" alter. :D Meditation must be working!


I don't see you in the pool. Where are you hiding :? ?
Pego
 
Posts: 10196
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: beyond help

Re: DL Fantasy - Shanghai

Postby jeremyp » Fri May 17, 2013 8:11 am

Pego wrote:
jeremyp wrote:My "nice guy" alter won out over my "f**em" alter. :D Meditation must be working!


I don't see you in the pool. Where are you hiding :? ?

In the cellar! But I shall be climbing.... :wink:
jeremyp
 
Posts: 4542
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Florida

Re: DL Fantasy - Shanghai

Postby Sasuke » Fri May 17, 2013 8:35 am

Well, she was supposed not to be in very good shape (she clocked a pedestrian 57'7 in her heat while Rudisha ran 45'15...) but this helps me not to lose other points since picking Rudisha in the first competition as my team leader relegated me well below 300th place.
Sasuke
 
Posts: 273
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:32 am

Re: DL Fantasy - Shanghai

Postby jamal00005 » Fri May 17, 2013 9:21 am

jeremyp wrote:Looks like Jelimo is out!


Jelimo out WTF i guess its too late to change now .FFS this has ruined my fantasy team
jamal00005
 
Posts: 1259
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:46 pm

Re: DL Fantasy - Shanghai

Postby donley2 » Fri May 17, 2013 9:32 am

I can't get to the site right now, but when is the deadline (in some sort of US time)?
donley2
 
Posts: 2058
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Fort Worth, Texas

Re: DL Fantasy - Shanghai

Postby Deuce » Fri May 17, 2013 10:06 am

donley2 wrote:I can't get to the site right now, but when is the deadline (in some sort of US time)?

1:30 AM PDT or 4:30 AM EDT.
Deuce
 
Posts: 311
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Zagreb, Croatia

Re: DL Fantasy - Shanghai

Postby Pego » Fri May 17, 2013 10:32 am

jamal00005 wrote:
jeremyp wrote:Looks like Jelimo is out!


Jelimo out WTF i guess its too late to change now .FFS this has ruined my fantasy team


You still have (I think) 13 hours.
Pego
 
Posts: 10196
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: beyond help

Re: DL Fantasy - Shanghai

Postby donley2 » Fri May 17, 2013 2:16 pm

One thing this meet does not have is consensus on the best captain. I snuck a peek at the top ten overall leader and there were seven different captains.
donley2
 
Posts: 2058
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Fort Worth, Texas

Re: DL Fantasy - Shanghai

Postby Pego » Fri May 17, 2013 3:09 pm

donley2 wrote:One thing this meet does not have is consensus on the best captain. I snuck a peek at the top ten overall leader and there were seven different captains.


You made me look at our league - 13 different captains.
Pego
 
Posts: 10196
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: beyond help

Re: DL Fantasy - Shanghai

Postby JOAQUÍN CARMONA » Fri May 17, 2013 7:50 pm

In the long jump can not be selected to Alexandr Menkov. :(
JOAQUÍN CARMONA
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:24 am

Re: DL Fantasy - Shanghai

Postby Vault-emort » Sat May 18, 2013 1:00 am

I know i missed the 1st one this year. But am i 'in' now? :)
Vault-emort
 
Posts: 1596
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:42 am
Location: In the pits

Re: DL Fantasy - Shanghai

Postby mump boy » Sat May 18, 2013 5:57 am

Does an =MR count for bonus points ??
mump boy
 
Posts: 5636
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: saaaaaarf london

Re: DL Fantasy - Shanghai

Postby ptn » Sat May 18, 2013 6:00 am

mump boy wrote:Does an =MR count for bonus points ??

Yes.
ptn
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Sun May 13, 2012 10:17 am

Re: DL Fantasy - Shanghai

Postby LopenUupunut » Sat May 18, 2013 6:01 am

Dropped Aries Merritt from my team with about a minute left :)

137 if I get my =MR points. Not brilliant, but not horrible either.
LopenUupunut
 
Posts: 2510
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:20 pm
Location: Sleeping in Finland

Re: DL Fantasy - Shanghai

Postby Pego » Sat May 18, 2013 6:06 am

Miserable 98 :evil: .
Pego
 
Posts: 10196
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: beyond help

Re: DL Fantasy - Shanghai

Postby mump boy » Sat May 18, 2013 6:16 am

LopenUupunut wrote:Dropped Aries Merritt from my team with about a minute left :)

137 if I get my =MR points. Not brilliant, but not horrible either.


130 :(
mump boy
 
Posts: 5636
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: saaaaaarf london

Re: DL Fantasy - Shanghai

Postby donley2 » Sat May 18, 2013 6:29 am

Personally I think it would be wrong, but i wonder if they might double both Veseley and Pitkamaki. I had them both. 160 could be 170 if they double both
donley2
 
Posts: 2058
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Fort Worth, Texas

Re: DL Fantasy - Shanghai

Postby ptn » Sat May 18, 2013 6:59 am

They didn't make same result.
ptn
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Sun May 13, 2012 10:17 am

Re: DL Fantasy - Shanghai

Postby mump boy » Sat May 18, 2013 7:30 am

donley2 wrote:Personally I think it would be wrong, but i wonder if they might double both Veseley and Pitkamaki. I had them both. 160 could be 170 if they double both


A meeting record is only the ones that stands at the end of the meeting, so no.

I think 160 is very good score for this round
mump boy
 
Posts: 5636
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: saaaaaarf london

Re: DL Fantasy - Shanghai

Postby Flumpy » Sat May 18, 2013 10:27 am

145 I think, which is't bad considering the amount of strange results.
Flumpy
 
Posts: 3899
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: DL Fantasy - Shanghai

Postby donley2 » Sun May 19, 2013 2:43 pm

So scores are updated now, but I would like to know where I ranked for this last meet and there is no such list that I can find.
donley2
 
Posts: 2058
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Fort Worth, Texas

Re: DL Fantasy - Shanghai

Postby Moura » Sun May 19, 2013 2:48 pm

Although my captain once more did not finish first, my predictions were good despite some surprises.
Moura
 
Posts: 346
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: DL Fantasy - Shanghai

Postby Flumpy » Sun May 19, 2013 3:12 pm

I'm doing really well :?

I'm going to enjoy it whilst I can :D
Flumpy
 
Posts: 3899
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alan Shank, DentyCracker, lonewolf and 10 guests