God under attack at track meets now.

A place for the discussion of all things not closely related to the sport and its competitive side. (as always, locked for the duration of major international championship)

God under attack at track meets now.

Postby doug5321 » Thu May 02, 2013 12:50 pm

the anti GOD idiots are at it again, and now at track meets, the same idiots who want.
1. in God we trust removed from the pledge of allegiance.
2. one nation under God removed from our money.
3. tell us we have to say happy holidays or seasons greetings, but not merry Christmas
4. now this cover story http://www.wfaa.com/news/205794321.html

i was so proud of meseret defar's celebration of her love of God after she won the 5000 at the 2012 olympics, she refused to cave in to these anti God idiots.

i am also proud of the kid in the article, who got disqualified for acknowledging God, which is the only reason we exist.

didn't former president john adams say our constitution will only work with a religious and moral people? I cant say enough how the anti God people drive me crazy, if i had my way i would rid the country of the atheists and replace them with people who believe in and love God like meseret defar.
doug5321

Re: God under attack at track meets now.

Postby eldanielfire » Thu May 02, 2013 12:55 pm

Isn't 90% of the track world quite religious?

It does seem some non-religious people get sensitive about gestures a times in some silly PC environments.
eldanielfire

Postby Flumpy » Thu May 02, 2013 1:02 pm

This has got absolutely nothing to do with god.

"The rules state there can be no excessive act of celebration, which includes raising the hands".

End of story.
Flumpy

Postby doug5321 » Thu May 02, 2013 1:04 pm

and to those who say it is not an attack on God, but being against so called (excessive) celebration.
1. pointing the finger to the sky is not excessive
2. when the jamaicans win they dance, celebrate, etc. if bolt did not celebrate at all after winning his marketability would plummet, look at all the athletes who take victory laps draped in their countries flags, that is far more excessive than what the high school kid in texas did.

if this is really about not wanting ''excessive'' celebration than lets look at every olympic and world championship and big track meets and every time an athlete celebrates disqualify them- that will never happen because this is not really about celebrations, it is about atheists trying to get people irritated like it got me.
doug5321

Postby portsea57 » Thu May 02, 2013 1:04 pm

There is no God! Just silly old myths created by primitive, ignorant people!
Get over it!
portsea57

Postby lionelp1 » Thu May 02, 2013 1:07 pm

doug5321 wrote:the anti GOD idiots are at it again, and now at track meets, the same idiots who want.
1. in God we trust removed from the pledge of allegiance.
2. one nation under God removed from our money.
3. tell us we have to say happy holidays or seasons greetings, but not merry Christmas
4. now this cover story http://www.wfaa.com/news/205794321.html

i was so proud of meseret defar's celebration of her love of God after she won the 5000 at the 2012 olympics, she refused to cave in to these anti God idiots.

i am also proud of the kid in the article, who got disqualified for acknowledging God, which is the only reason we exist.

didn't former president john adams say our constitution will only work with a religious and moral people? I cant say enough how the anti God people drive me crazy, if i had my way i would rid the country of the atheists and replace them with people who believe in and love God like meseret defar.

So those that are atheists are idiots... what an appalling intolerant rant. :(
lionelp1

Postby Flumpy » Thu May 02, 2013 1:10 pm

doug5321 wrote:and to those who say it is not an attack on God, but being against so called (excessive) celebration.
2. when the jamaicans win they dance, celebrate, etc. if bolt did not celebrate at all after winning his marketability would plummet, look at all the athletes who take victory laps draped in their countries flags, that is far more excessive than what the high school kid in texas did.

if this is really about not wanting ''excessive'' celebration than lets look at every olympic and world championship and big track meets and every time an athlete celebrates disqualify them- that will never happen because this is not really about celebrations, it is about atheists trying to get people irritated like it got me.

What are you on about. There is no rule against excessive celebration at the Olympics but there was in this race. It's not for you decide what's excessive. The kid broke the rules as they stand and was DQ'd. It's got absolutely nothing to do with god. There is no mention of religion in the rule and no suggestion that religion has got anything to do with the DQ.

This happened in Texas. Are you seriously suggesting that the rules governing Texas High School athltics meets have been highjacked by extremist atheists??? :roll:
Last edited by Flumpy on Thu May 02, 2013 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flumpy

Postby TN1965 » Thu May 02, 2013 1:11 pm

doug5321 wrote:and to those who say it is not an attack on God, but being against so called (excessive) celebration.

I did not know that Bolt competed under the Texas high school rule. We learn something new every day. :roll:
TN1965

Postby iain » Thu May 02, 2013 1:12 pm

doug5321 wrote:when the jamaicans win they dance, celebrate, etc. if bolt did not celebrate at all after winning his marketability would plummet, look at all the athletes who take victory laps draped in their countries flags, that is far more excessive than what the high school kid in texas did.

This is explicitly stated as a high school rule. While I agree this is a stupid rule, you obviously have some sort of persecution complex.

I am non-religious, and I have to say that it is fruitcakes like you who give some people of faith a bad name

doug5321 wrote:the anti GOD idiots are at it again

she refused to cave in to these anti God idiots.

I cant say enough how the anti God people drive me crazy, if i had my way i would rid the country of the atheists and replace them with people who believe in and love God like meseret defar.

This reminds me of something I heard before:

Religion is like a penis, if you have one, fine, but don't try and ram it down other people's throats. :P
iain

Postby doug5321 » Thu May 02, 2013 1:14 pm

look at 1:55 would that be excessive celebration?

my guess is jamboy and notorious and maybe a few others would be upset if you disqualified them for this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7mCx7_bjX8
doug5321

Postby Conor Dary » Thu May 02, 2013 1:15 pm

What has God done for track lately? In the good old days track was very popular and now what? Comcast won't even show the meets on TV. I think God has some explaining to do.
Conor Dary

Location: कनोर दारी in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.

Postby mump boy » Thu May 02, 2013 1:19 pm

All the crazies are out this week :roll:
mump boy

HS rule on 'celebration'

Postby Marlow » Thu May 02, 2013 1:51 pm

The "God under attack" thread was indeed poorly conceived (and now locked), but I just wanted to clarify the HS rule on celebration. The rule clearly states "excessive celebration", which means, once again . . .sigh . . . it is totally up to the judgement of the Meet Referee. I am the Meet referee at our District and Region Championships, and I have NEVER interpreted a finger pointed at the sky as "excessive" unless it's clearly meant to taunt the losing teams. This is clearly demonstrated when the lead runner turns around and looks at the other teams and wags his finger (yes, that is my 'interpretation'). The only time I have DQed a person for 'excessive celebration' is when I apply the NFL/FIFA rule for excessive celebration after a TD/goal. In my mind, it's perfectly legitimate to CELEBRATE an achievement, but not at the expense of the other team(s).
So . . . the Texas official was being a jerk IMO.
Marlow

Re: HS rule on 'celebration'

Postby 26mi235 » Thu May 02, 2013 2:08 pm

I am not high on the religious side of the ledger, but I would (at a minimum) echo Marlow's assessment of the situation. I hope that the Texas 'authorities' get their butts kicked on this one.
26mi235

Postby Grasshopper » Thu May 02, 2013 2:19 pm

I'm not sure if there's any video of the incident, but according to an interview with the coach that I just watch the boy raised his hand up next to his head with his finger pointed to the sky. If that's true then I think it's definitely overreaching by the judge. It's hard to interpret such a gesture as communicating "WE'RE NUMBER ONE!" or "I'M NUMBER ONE!", as you might be able to argue if his arm was stretched out high above his head.
Grasshopper

Postby Daisy » Thu May 02, 2013 3:18 pm

Given the heavy handed interpretation of uniform and jewelry rules we have seen in the past, then I'm really not surprised by this at all.
Daisy

Postby lonewolf » Thu May 02, 2013 3:22 pm

I know a lot of officials (Texas and elsewhere) Most, in my experience, share Marlow's philosophy. This smells too much like there was a personal agenda in this DQ.
:x
lonewolf

Postby booond » Thu May 02, 2013 4:17 pm

If how it's being reported is correct then "excessive" should be replaced with "any."
booond

Postby gh » Mon May 06, 2013 12:57 pm

a deeper look at the story, with more facts in evidence, apparently removing the religious context.

http://www.texastrackblog.com/2013/05/0 ... -happened/
gh