the London 4x1 revisited [split]


Main message board: for the discussion of topical track & field items only.

Re: the London 4x1 revisited [split]

Postby jazzcyclist » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:37 am

Tuariki wrote:Given that the US was 0.20 behind Jamaica I don't think anyone has to guarantee anything about the need for Jamaica to set a new WR in order for Jamaica to beat the US.

But that 0.2s deficit could have been easily erased with a healthy DIx and a clean second exchange. My point is that based on current personel, the U.S. has 36.7-36.8s potential when everything is perfect. Based on its current personel, Jamaica can no doubt run faster than that, and that might be what's needed if the U.S. has a perfect race like the American women did in London.
jazzcyclist
 
Posts: 10858
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: the London 4x1 revisited [split]

Postby ATK » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:42 pm

jazzcyclist wrote:might be what's needed if the U.S. has a perfect race like the American women did in London.

Even though there was still some improvements that could have been done with the women as well (see 3rd handoff)
ATK
 
Posts: 3804
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:00 pm

Re: the London 4x1 revisited [split]

Postby eldanielfire » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:54 am

jazzcyclist wrote:
Tuariki wrote:Given that the US was 0.20 behind Jamaica I don't think anyone has to guarantee anything about the need for Jamaica to set a new WR in order for Jamaica to beat the US.

But that 0.2s deficit could have been easily erased with a healthy DIx and a clean second exchange. My point is that based on current personel, the U.S. has 36.7-36.8s potential when everything is perfect. Based on its current personel, Jamaica can no doubt run faster than that, and that might be what's needed if the U.S. has a perfect race like the American women did in London.


I'm not so sure this is entirely true, Jamaica's men can certainly improve and Bolt will be faster this year.
eldanielfire
 
Posts: 1318
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:07 am

Re: the London 4x1 revisited [split]

Postby gh » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:48 am

Bolt faster than ever or faster than last year's 9.63? Either way, "will" is a pretty bold statement methinks.
gh
 
Posts: 46321
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am
Location: firmly at Arya's side!

Re: the London 4x1 revisited [split]

Postby eldanielfire » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:50 am

gh wrote:Bolt faster than ever or faster than last year's 9.63? Either way, "will" is a pretty bold statement methinks.



I'm taking he's still at his peak years, we are in a period where the top sprinters are running faster in their later 20's rather than their earlier 20's and he hasn't either given 100% previously or been 100%. He's claimed he has had a good winter for the first time since 2010 (I think) and he's claimed he and his coach believes he can do 9.4 something and maybe sub-19. Quite bold statements which indicate some confidence.
eldanielfire
 
Posts: 1318
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:07 am

Re: the London 4x1 revisited [split]

Postby jamboy » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:56 am

gh wrote:that's right, since a botched handoff/baton drop simply doesn't happen to Jamaica. It's the law.


Never happened to our mens team and happened once to our females.
jamboy
 
Posts: 1245
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:52 am

Re: the London 4x1 revisited [split]

Postby ZELLGADISS » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:40 am

In my opinion without injuries, Bolt breaks his WR in that final OG London.
He got amazing 9.76 -0.1 in Rome end of May.
With injury in trials, he had to rest 1 month for to be in London more or less good, but "only" 90-95%
Im sure that 100% his Wr would be broken in that final.

This year we go to see like he is running and if he is more or less same shape ,without injuries and with good weather in the final in Moscow, i think that WR is broken there :wink:
ZELLGADISS
 
Posts: 670
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:13 am

Re: the London 4x1 revisited [split]

Postby 26mi235 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:20 am

Citing runners that were their best in their mid-to-late-20s is not that useful without assessing where they were when they were 16, 18, and 20. None of those I have seen mentioned were remotely that good (relatively speaking). Bolt is starting to get long in the tooth for a sprinter at the highest level and his improving his PR is no more likely than that he crops of with a slowly increasing number of injuries that keep a lid on what he can do (and when).

His two best races are 4 and 5 years ago, although a close third was late last season.
26mi235
 
Posts: 16318
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Madison, WI

Re: the London 4x1 revisited [split]

Postby ZELLGADISS » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:34 am

Looks that NOBODY saw the last year his amazing 9.76 -0.1 end of may in Rome 8-)
He never ran so fast in other years before big championships :evil:
ZELLGADISS
 
Posts: 670
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:13 am

Re: the London 4x1 revisited [split]

Postby jazzcyclist » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:21 am

eldanielfire wrote:he hasn't either given 100% previously or been 100%.

So are you sayuing that he was hurt in Berlin, because he certainly gave 100%? :?
jazzcyclist
 
Posts: 10858
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: the London 4x1 revisited [split]

Postby jazzcyclist » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:24 am

jamboy wrote:
gh wrote:that's right, since a botched handoff/baton drop simply doesn't happen to Jamaica. It's the law.


Never happened to our mens team and happened once to our females.

You obviously have a very short memory. Have you forgooten 2007 when Bolt switched hands on the second leg, thereby botching the second exchange? And what about this epic moment from the 2001 World Championships?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OO_KmETpo0
jazzcyclist
 
Posts: 10858
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: the London 4x1 revisited [split]

Postby iain » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:28 am

jazzcyclist wrote:
jamboy wrote:
gh wrote:that's right, since a botched handoff/baton drop simply doesn't happen to Jamaica. It's the law.


Never happened to our mens team and happened once to our females.

You obviously have a very short memory. Have you forgooten 2007 when Bolt switched hands on the second leg, thereby botching the second exchange? And what about this epic moment from the 2001 World Championships?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OO_KmETpo0


Lol that is great. Think jamboy was referring actual drops though.
iain
 
Posts: 294
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:50 am

Re: the London 4x1 revisited [split]

Postby eldanielfire » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:19 pm

jazzcyclist wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:he hasn't either given 100% previously or been 100%.

So are you sayuing that he was hurt in Berlin, because he certainly gave 100%? :?


I'm talking about since Berlin!
eldanielfire
 
Posts: 1318
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:07 am

Re: the London 4x1 revisited [split]

Postby toyracer » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:54 pm

jamboy wrote:
gh wrote:that's right, since a botched handoff/baton drop simply doesn't happen to Jamaica. It's the law.


Never happened to our mens team and happened once to our females.


You're joking.
toyracer
 
Posts: 1759
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:38 pm
Location: Kingston, Jamaica

Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 15 guests