Visa item on front page

Main message board: for the discussion of topical track & field items only.

Visa item on front page

Postby Alan Shank » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:02 pm

"
Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev signed a decree stating that: “In order to facilitate the organization of the IAAF World Championships Moscow 2013 Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs is to issue the entry visas for the foreign accredited participants and guests without collecting the visa fees”.

"

I have seen this term "guests" used before. Now it's "accredited guests". I'm assuming that does not include us simple ticket holders, but rather officials and accredited journalists.
Мерзавцы!
Cheers,
Alan Shank
Alan Shank

Re: Visa item on front page

Postby gh » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:50 am

you missed the link that was on front page on April 9, which included this

<< “The principal decision on free visas has already been made, we just need to take care of some formalities and get all the signatures in place,” Alexander Palinsky, who is overseeing preparations for the August 10-18 championships, told reporters. Palinsky added that a decision regarding the issuance of free visas for spectators would be made in the near future.>>
gh

Postby tandfman » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:39 am

In any event, a key thing to remember is that waiving the fee is not the same as waiving the visa requirement (as is typically done for the Olympics, where the OG accreditation tag serves in lieu of a visa). One must still go through the Russian visa process, including an application form that is quite lengthy and detailed.
tandfman

Postby az2004 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:04 am

yes, for 2005 Helsinki I went to st pete, and they wat4d a lotof educational ad employment information on me

oddly Jamaicans doing penn relays need visas too I beleieve
az2004