Doc Patton runs 9.75 (+4.3w) converts to 9.93! In MARCH!!!

Main message board: for the discussion of topical track & field items only.

Re: Doc Patton runs 9.75 (+4.3w) converts to 9.93! In MARCH

Postby fourjz » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:37 pm

It means nothing in regards to what Patton will be running in August.It's the Texas Relays !! People always run fast times at Texas Relays mostly wind-aided. :lol:
fourjz

Postby mal » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:00 pm

lonewolf wrote:Figures lie and liars figure.. or is it the other way around?
You can hypothesize till kingdom come about the precise relative effect of a tailwind or headwind on athletes of different body types but, fact is, it is irrelevant to the results of a particular race.
First guy past the post wins.

Yep. And know one cares if you are the oldest fast guy, or the thinnest or tallest. Or the fattest fastest.
mal

Postby gh » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:30 am

Marlow wrote:......
Has there ever been a wind-aided indoor mark? I know there are some venues where you can open big doors on both sides to create a draft.

When they opened doors the right way in ABQ the last two years, there were moments when there was enough wind to blow papers off the announcer's table at trackside.... but I doubt it would have been strong enough to make a significant reading on the sprint straight.

Back in the day when the Astrodome had its monster 352y track there was talk of the AC making notable air movement, but I was never there to experience it first-hand, so it may just have been talk.
gh

Postby nicest person ever » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:25 pm

Yea, I know what you guys mean... I remember one time at an indoor meet this really huge shot putter guy was walking around holding his belly kind of groaning in discomfort and whatnot, with his back facing the 60m starting blocks of a race that was about to start, and suddenly right as the gun goes off the dude unleashes the most monstrously powerful fart. Everyone in the race P.R.'d. 8-)
nicest person ever

Previous