Antonina Krivoshapka opens season with 49.13 in Krasnadar!!!


Main message board: for the discussion of topical track & field items only.

Antonina Krivoshapka opens season with 49.13 in Krasnadar!!!

Postby fasttrack85 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:18 pm

HAHA April fools Tell the truth in the comments section if you this was believable.
fasttrack85
 
Posts: 510
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:43 pm

Re: Antonina Krivoshapka opens season with 49.13 in Krasnada

Postby aaronk » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:23 pm

fasttrack85 wrote:HAHA April fools Tell the truth in the comments section if you this was believable.


Of course this was believable!!
Don't Russians always produce season-best marks early....
and then run CRAPOLA when it counts??
aaronk
 
Posts: 3362
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 9:39 am

Re: Antonina Krivoshapka opens season with 49.13 in Krasnada

Postby t_monk » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:22 pm

I knew this was April's fool, lol.

Possible.... But undoubtedly April's fool if you ask me.
t_monk
 
Posts: 4338
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:03 pm
Location: New Haven, CT + Kgn, JA

Re: Antonina Krivoshapka opens season with 49.13 in Krasnada

Postby jamal00005 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:39 pm

FFS.....I believed it lol i hope she does something of note this year I actually like her
jamal00005
 
Posts: 1259
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:46 pm

Re: Antonina Krivoshapka opens season with 49.13 in Krasnada

Postby eldanielfire » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:24 am

aaronk wrote:
fasttrack85 wrote:HAHA April fools Tell the truth in the comments section if you this was believable.


Of course this was believable!!
Don't Russians always produce season-best marks early....
and then run CRAPOLA when it counts??



Krivoshapka ran 49 something while jogging the end of her semi in London last year before only running 50+ in the final. I think the crap finals only seem to apply to the 400m runners. Their 800m runners do quite well in finals and their 1500m are so doped up they can't fail to run poorly.
eldanielfire
 
Posts: 1321
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:07 am

Re: Antonina Krivoshapka opens season with 49.13 in Krasnada

Postby ATK » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:38 am

eldanielfire wrote:Krivoshapka ran 49 something while jogging the end of her semi in London last year before only running 50+ in the final.

Big difference between Jogging and dying....

I thought it was true, the first thing I though was shes going to have a year exactly like she paces her races...
ATK
 
Posts: 3808
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:00 pm

Re: Antonina Krivoshapka opens season with 49.13 in Krasnada

Postby fasttrack85 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:43 am

I was thinking of closing this thread since its just a joke but looks like ppl are getting deep into thought and theory lol.


Jamal I love Krivoshopka as well. I think me and you have discussed her to great length on some of my other threads.
fasttrack85
 
Posts: 510
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:43 pm

Re: Antonina Krivoshapka opens season with 49.13 in Krasnada

Postby eldanielfire » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:30 pm

ATK wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:Krivoshapka ran 49 something while jogging the end of her semi in London last year before only running 50+ in the final.

Big difference between Jogging and dying....

I thought it was true, the first thing I though was shes going to have a year exactly like she paces her races...


True! I was thinking of the heat, where she still ran what looked like a sub-50 run miles ahead of everybody else before jogging it in 40 metres ahead of the rest.

You do have to wonder, why the Russian girls keep running suicidal races in the 400m. It's been happening for most of the past decade. It's like they don't have the mental capacity to learn how to pace themselves. I think I've only seen Tatyana Firova and Natalya Antyukh run with a brain and Firova isn't as fast as her fellow Russian girls, though timed things to perfection to be European champion in 2010 and Antyukh now runs the hurdles. Maybe it's a blonde thing?
eldanielfire
 
Posts: 1321
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:07 am

Re: Antonina Krivoshapka opens season with 49.13 in Krasnada

Postby eldanielfire » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:32 pm

fasttrack85 wrote:I was thinking of closing this thread since its just a joke but looks like ppl are getting deep into thought and theory lol.


Jamal I love Krivoshopka as well. I think me and you have discussed her to great length on some of my other threads.


I love Krivoshapka as well, from her insane intensity and nerves at the start of the race through to her burning up and being overtaken in the last 50m. Seriously she has so much talent and has a lovely roadrunner style of running with a really fast turnover of her legs.
eldanielfire
 
Posts: 1321
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:07 am

Re: Antonina Krivoshapka opens season with 49.13 in Krasnada

Postby fasttrack85 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:33 am

hoping this thread is a dream that will come true soon. Its probably very mean of me to bump this thread knowing how bad ppl are waiting for times from her. Bad bad me :lol: :lol: :lol:
fasttrack85
 
Posts: 510
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:43 pm

Re: Antonina Krivoshapka opens season with 49.13 in Krasnada

Postby az2004 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:45 am

when youi're at home I think you perform better

didn't brits benefit from London, suspect the Russians will benefit from moscow
az2004
 
Posts: 3131
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: Antonina Krivoshapka opens season with 49.13 in Krasnada

Postby fasttrack85 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:51 am

az2004 wrote:when youi're at home I think you perform better

didn't brits benefit from London, suspect the Russians will benefit from moscow


It is true people perform better at home. You dont have to readjust to different timezones or engage in long travel. Also you would be surprised how complicated the language barrier can make things for international athletes. I have also heard stories about people getting sick from food that they were not used to so that could be a factor as well.
fasttrack85
 
Posts: 510
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:43 pm

Re: Antonina Krivoshapka opens season with 49.13 in Krasnada

Postby tandfman » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:01 pm

Meanwhile, Krivoshapka does not seem to have competed since early February. It seems unlikely that she'll be relevant at the World Championships.
tandfman
 
Posts: 15043
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am

Re: Antonina Krivoshapka opens season with 49.13 in Krasnada

Postby peach77 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:27 pm

tandfman wrote:Meanwhile, Krivoshapka does not seem to have competed since early February. It seems unlikely that she'll be relevant at the World Championships.


Sadly, I don't think that's true in the slightest...
peach77
 
Posts: 169
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:26 am

Re: Antonina Krivoshapka opens season with 49.13 in Krasnada

Postby az2004 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:25 am

I suspect savinova will do well in the 800, and opening up later than normal may mean the y can peak when they need to peak
az2004
 
Posts: 3131
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: Antonina Krivoshapka opens season with 49.13 in Krasnada

Postby peach77 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:36 am

Savinova's opened already, though...
peach77
 
Posts: 169
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:26 am

Re: Antonina Krivoshapka opens season with 49.13 in Krasnada

Postby tandfman » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:03 am

peach77 wrote:
tandfman wrote:Meanwhile, Krivoshapka does not seem to have competed since early February. It seems unlikely that she'll be relevant at the World Championships.

Sadly, I don't think that's true in the slightest...

You may know something I don't know, but if she's going to be ready for Moscow, why hasn't she completed this season, as other top Russian 400m runners have? I'm just inferring from her absence from the track that she's hors de combat for some reason (illness, injury, pregnancy).
tandfman
 
Posts: 15043
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am

Re: Antonina Krivoshapka opens season with 49.13 in Krasnada

Postby ATK » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:46 am

tandfman wrote:
peach77 wrote:
tandfman wrote:Meanwhile, Krivoshapka does not seem to have competed since early February. It seems unlikely that she'll be relevant at the World Championships.

Sadly, I don't think that's true in the slightest...

You may know something I don't know, but if she's going to be ready for Moscow, why hasn't she completed this season, as other top Russian 400m runners have? I'm just inferring from her absence from the track that she's hors de combat for some reason (illness, injury, pregnancy).

I agree regarding questioning why she has yet to compete. The opening heats of the 400 are 5 weeks away. Not sure how quickly she can get into race shape. And if Moscow turns out to be anything like Berlin in 09 when it basically took 49 to make the final, then she may be in serious trouble...
ATK
 
Posts: 3808
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:00 pm

Re: Antonina Krivoshapka opens season with 49.13 in Krasnada

Postby tandfman » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:55 am

ATK wrote:The opening heats of the 400 are 5 weeks away. Not sure how quickly she can get into race shape.

The Russian Nationals, which are part of their selection process, are July 22-25--less than three weeks away.
tandfman
 
Posts: 15043
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests