Bolt to be paid US$750,000 to run in the UK [maybe]

Main message board: for the discussion of topical track & field items only.

Re: Bolt to be paid US$750,000 to run in the UK this summer

Postby shivfan » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:25 am

jamboy wrote:
Flumpy wrote:To be honest he's not worth it at all.

The Olympic stadium would easily sell out both days with no Usain on the bill. That's not to say it isn't great he's there but he's really not necessary in to make the event a success.

Bolt is worth every penny. He is the greatest track and field athlete of all time(GOAT) and has transformed the sport tremendously.

I agree....

I've registered for tickets for this event, and I will be very happy if Bolt appears on both days. Of course, it remains to be seen if I actually get tickets for this DL meet.
:|
Last year it was easy - go online, call a telephone operator, buy tickets for fairly cheap prices, tickets sent in post...but there was no Bolt then.

Now, I have to register for tickets, no guarantee of getting them, likely to be more expensive than last year's DL meet...but if Bolt is there, I will consider it money well-spent!
:D
shivfan

Postby mump boy » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:02 am

shivfan wrote:
jamboy wrote:
Flumpy wrote:To be honest he's not worth it at all.

The Olympic stadium would easily sell out both days with no Usain on the bill. That's not to say it isn't great he's there but he's really not necessary in to make the event a success.

Bolt is worth every penny. He is the greatest track and field athlete of all time(GOAT) and has transformed the sport tremendously.

I agree....

I've registered for tickets for this event, and I will be very happy if Bolt appears on both days. Of course, it remains to be seen if I actually get tickets for this DL meet.
:|
Last year it was easy - go online, call a telephone operator, buy tickets for fairly cheap prices, tickets sent in post...but there was no Bolt then.

Now, I have to register for tickets, no guarantee of getting them, likely to be more expensive than last year's DL meet...but if Bolt is there, I will consider it money well-spent!
:D

You think the reason it's not so easy to get tickets this year is because is Bolt :lol: he's not even confirmed to be there yet. The reason they haven't released tickets yet is because of a little thing you may have heard of last year called The Olympics

THe stadium will sell out with or without Bolt, of course he would be a bonus be is absolutely unnecessary for the events success
mump boy

Re: Bolt to be paid US$750,000 to run in the UK [maybe]

Postby lionelp1 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:31 am

The marketing machine of current day sport will ensure for various reasons that the West Ham Stadium :) will be fullish for the DL , whether or not Mr Bolt appears. Mr Personality is a celebrity and the populace love a celeb and will pay to see one ..... brain washed as they mostly are.( You only have to think of that super talent, Justin Bieber, :lol: filling a hall).

UB's outstanding talent and record is only part of the reason for his popularity; its his self marketing which is brilliant and a strong reason that people want to see him...and the Publicity johnnnies know that very well.

After the hype is over in July we can be fairly sure that 50%, at least, of the crowd that went to the 2 day DL event will be no more or no less attracted to watch our sport in person or on TV on a regular basis than they were before.In my opinion , of course.

The tickets will be hard to get hold of except for those that get preference , such as the CP applicants, but at least the prices will be cheaper.!!
lionelp1

Postby batonless relay » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:36 am

gh wrote:And like Carl Lewis before him, he totally screws up the economics of the sport. Every dollar that goes to him is a dollar that doesn't go to other athletes.

One big difference is Carl didn't have twitter, facebook and ESPN. Usain Bolt is being highlighted on SportsCenter this morning and I honestly don't believe that another track and field athlete could KEEP the sport in the public eye like he has. Right now he is the only thing keeping the sport front an center in the publics view.

Another way to look at it is every dollar that goes to Usain Bolt in a dollar well spent -for the sport; and any dollar spent on any other athlete is a risky investment for the sport.
batonless relay

Postby jamboy » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:39 am

rudawal wrote:
marknhj wrote:I don't understand the constant need for Jamaicans to try to demonstrate Bolt's greatness by harping on about the fees he commands. Everyone knows how great he is and a measure of his greatness isn't defined by his earning $x more than he was, or $x more than anyone else. It smacks of a national inferiority complex to me.

Your remark is as asinine as Jamboy's. Many Jamaicans on this board, myself included, would prefer not to be identified in any way with the comments of any other writer, least of all Jamboy - or whatever name he plans to use in his next reincarnation. In future, please address the comments, or the writer if you so choose, and leave your own jingoistic observations out of it.

I go on vacation and come back to crazy nut posters attacking me and my credibility. How dare you :D

Thankful that I am not easily offended by internet thugs and wannabes.
jamboy

Postby jamboy » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:42 am

Grasshopper wrote:
jamboy wrote:
marknhj wrote:I don't understand the constant need for Jamaicans to try to demonstrate Bolt's greatness by harping on about the fees he commands. Everyone knows how great he is and a measure of his greatness isn't defined by his earning $x more than he was, or $x more than anyone else. It smacks of a national inferiority complex to me.

lol. Jamaicans having an inferiority complex? You are so misguided.

I think Napoleon Complex is more likely what he meant to suggest about certain posters who seem to emulate the likes of Jammin, Notorious, Jamaica50, and Tracknut12.

Wikipedia wrote:Napoleon complex is an informal term describing an alleged type of psychological phenomenon which is said to exist in persons, usually men, of short stature. It is characterized by overly-aggressive or domineering social behavior, and carries the implication that such behavior is compensatory for the subjects' stature. The term is also used more generally to describe people who are driven by a perceived handicap to overcompensate in other aspects of their lives.

I have never seen comments by those other posters and thus, I am not sure how I compare to them.
jamboy

Postby shivfan » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:26 am

mump boy wrote:
You think the reason it's not so easy to get tickets this year is because is Bolt :lol: he's not even confirmed to be there yet. The reason they haven't released tickets yet is because of a little thing you may have heard of last year called The Olympics

THe stadium will sell out with or without Bolt, of course he would be a bonus be is absolutely unnecessary for the events success

It was very easy for my sister to get tickets for Crystal Palace before they announced the switch to the Olympic Stadium, and that Bolt will be running....
8-)
Now, she had to sell the tickets back to UK Athletics, get a refund, and wait to see how easy it will be to get tickets to the Olympic Stadium.

I have spoken to Brits who were not interested in this event before, but are now that they've heard that Bolt will be there....
shivfan

Postby Flumpy » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:27 pm

Well that proves it then :roll:

Of course it was easy to get a ticket for Crystal Palace, it was being held at Crystal Palace.

This is at the Olympic Stadium and will sell out within minutes. You may now know some people who are interested, but there are already hundreds of thousands who were already interested. Your few friends are of no consequence whatsoever.

Why is it so dificult to accept the fact that this event will be an easy sell out Bolt of not?
Flumpy

Postby eldanielfire » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:28 am

No maybe naymore.

Usain Bolt is conformed officially:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/athletics/22179557

12 Olympic Champions including:

Jess Ennis
Mo Farah
Greg Rutherford
Usain Bolt
Sally Pearson
Aries Merritt
Kirani James
Sanya Richards-Ross

On topof the other names the fields on the track and long jumps look LOADED, it'll be close the being a complete repeat of many of last years Olympic finals and podiums.
eldanielfire

Postby eldanielfire » Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:15 am

The event sold out in 75 minutes :lol: .....that mean't I couldn't get a ticket :(
eldanielfire

Postby shivfan » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:07 pm

eldanielfire wrote:The event sold out in 75 minutes :lol: .....that mean't I couldn't get a ticket :(

It was a real scramble for tickets, wasn't it?

I managed to get four for Friday, and three for Saturday, but not at the seats I wanted...still, beggars can't be choosers.
shivfan

Postby lionelp1 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:46 pm

It would so informative to know how many tickets have been shuffled off to the online spivs and touts.. their names are well known.
Did you see the ridiculous prices wanted by one of these companies... Viagogo wanted many times the so called "reasonable" £20 to £50 highlighted by Bitish Athletics when the marketing campaign started. Maximum profit for the organisers and other beneficiaries is all that counts.

I think this meet is being vastly oversold to the casual fans who have heard of UB.Personally I would rather see some of the earlier DL meets than the circus which will be London. The number of OG Champions on show is not much different to the DL fields already announced for Rome and in the States.
I reckon that many top athletes will not want to appear in London just 14 days before the Moscow WC. BTW, Mo's 5K will be in Birmingham not London where a nice 3 K trot will likely be set up :)
lionelp1

Postby mump boy » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:58 pm

lionelp1 wrote: BTW, Mo's 5K will be in Birmingham not London where a nice 3 K trot will likely be set up :)

With Collis Birmingham or the like as the biggest competish :roll:
mump boy

Postby lionelp1 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:12 pm

What the f is all the excitement about Farah and his marathon earnings. Good luck to the guy after all his sweat and dedication.In his career he will earn vastly less than a stack of golfers , tennis players, cyclists etc. not to mention soccer, baseball, NFL and NBA "stars"
I am delighted to read the TFN frontpage reference to Michael Johnson's utter hypocrisy about Mo when he, MJ, was one of the biggest money grubbers of them all. MJ's phony 150 m race with the Canadian and other vast sums for tootling round the track was laid bare by Doug Gillon in the Scottish Herald.
To read people on this site burbling on about Bolt and the "evils" of his rewards for being one of the greatest sport talents and showman of this era is vomit inducing.
All those Baseball and NBA players with no popularity, nor interest, to those outside the USA will be earning as much if not more than Bolt. Wherever he goes he can put 20,000 peopl on the gate so let him earn what he will . Thats the delight of capitalism, . :)
lionelp1

Postby lionelp1 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:30 pm

BTW, the poster who said Bolt only increases the audience in Rome is not correct. Not so and ask the promoters of all the DL and other meets. Am I expected to believe that all the other OG Champions competing at the DL meets, especially the Sainsbury Games, in July are competing for peanuts. I dont believe it for a minute.

Do you seriously expect a guy like Bolt, who is a global superstar, to say to promoters "well chaps, cut my pay by 70 % so all the other athletes who nobody has heard about can earn more and we can have a few more attractions in the meet". Come on, get real people.

When the HSI mob were swanning round Europe, behaving no better than they should, did all the hand wringers on this Forum feel the same when money was hoovered up by them in meets.?
lionelp1

Postby shivfan » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:49 am

Well said, lionelp....
shivfan

Postby John G » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:54 am

mump boy wrote:
lionelp1 wrote: BTW, Mo's 5K will be in Birmingham not London where a nice 3 K trot will likely be set up :)

So what? Like countless top athletes throughout the sport's history, Mo will be looking for an easy last race before the major champs. It will have no impact on the enjoyment of the race for 95% of the crowd. They're utterly clueless and will be happy cheering him on regardless of whether its Collis B or Gebrmeskel chasing him.

In fact, if Mo broke 12:40 in one of the greatest races ever .. . .. .. but lost, most people in the crowd wouldn't understand what they'd seen and would have had their afternoon ruined. I say give them what they want and hope they come back again and sell the stadium out again next year.

(I think I may have gone too far and proposed the merger of the IAAF and WWWF (or whatever it's called now)).
John G

Postby Daisy » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:00 pm

John G wrote:(I think I may have gone too far and proposed the merger of the IAAF and WWWF (or whatever it's called now)).

No, not that far. Or have they already payed Irish priests to run out of the crowd to try an tackle the runners?
Daisy

Postby gh » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:36 pm

lionelp1 wrote:...
When the HSI mob were swanning round Europe, behaving no better than they should, did all the hand wringers on this Forum feel the same when money was hoovered up by them in meets.?

Probably not, because it never happened.

There has been lots of "hand wringing" from this corner regards, on the other hand, about Carl Lewis and the SMTC inventing the concept in the '80s, much to the detriment of the sport. It was bad then, it's bad now.
gh

Postby mump boy » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:54 pm

John G wrote:
mump boy wrote:

So what? Like countless top athletes throughout the sport's history, Mo will be looking for an easy last race before the major champs. It will have no impact on the enjoyment of the race for 95% of the crowd. They're utterly clueless and will be happy cheering him on regardless of whether its Collis B or Gebrmeskel chasing him.

In fact, if Mo broke 12:40 in one of the greatest races ever .. . .. .. but lost, most people in the crowd wouldn't understand what they'd seen and would have had their afternoon ruined. I say give them what they want and hope they come back again and sell the stadium out again next year.

(I think I may have gone too far and proposed the merger of the IAAF and WWWF (or whatever it's called now)).

Well if your happy with lowest common denominator, bully for you

The true greats run and beat the best in fast times, week in week out, they don't participate in contrived meaningless races to please the ill informed masses. Mo ran precisely 1 meaningful race outside of London last year and for me that kind of schedule does't befit a champion of his stature.
mump boy

Postby norunner » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:18 pm

I would never pay to see Bolt race, simply because his races outside of jamaican trials and big championships are boring. I want to see close races, exciting competitions, so i'd rather watch Lavillenie duke it out with the germans or a good HJ competition, anything with suspense. The only question in Bolt races is whether he will start celebrating at 30m or 20m before the finish line.
norunner

Postby jamboy » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:36 pm

norunner wrote:I would never pay to see Bolt race, simply because his races outside of jamaican trials and big championships are boring. I want to see close races, exciting competitions, so i'd rather watch Lavillenie duke it out with the germans or a good HJ competition, anything with suspense. The only question in Bolt races is whether he will start celebrating at 30m or 20m before the finish line.

Your crazy man. I was at the then Reebok DL meeting in New York in May 2008 when he first broke the record. It was just pure Pandemonium in the stadium.

I was also at the Penn Relays in 2010 when he ran at the Penn Relays. Broke attendance records.

I will go pay and watch Bolt everyone he runs.
jamboy

Postby norunner » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:54 pm

jamboy wrote:
norunner wrote:I would never pay to see Bolt race, simply because his races outside of jamaican trials and big championships are boring. I want to see close races, exciting competitions, so i'd rather watch Lavillenie duke it out with the germans or a good HJ competition, anything with suspense. The only question in Bolt races is whether he will start celebrating at 30m or 20m before the finish line.

Your crazy man. I was at the then Reebok DL meeting in New York in May 2008 when he first broke the record. It was just pure Pandemonium in the stadium.

I was also at the Penn Relays in 2010 when he ran at the Penn Relays. Broke attendance records.

You pay 30 or more bucks for 10 seconds and i am the crazy man? I attend and watch T&F meets for the whole experience, not for one man. I want to see great running, jumping and throwing and i want to see many great athletes, not 10 seconds of one.
norunner

Postby jamboy » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:18 pm

norunner wrote:
jamboy wrote:

You pay 30 or more bucks for 10 seconds and i am the crazy man? I attend and watch T&F meets for the whole experience, not for one man. I want to see great running, jumping and throwing and i want to see many great athletes, not 10 seconds of one.

Your definitely not a track and field fan.
jamboy

Postby 26mi235 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:06 pm

That first time (NY) was different; as it was new. Later, seeing it repeated for the ninth time it is less so.
26mi235

Postby eldanielfire » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:40 pm

mump boy wrote:
John G wrote:
mump boy wrote:

Well if your happy with lowest common denominator, bully for you

The true greats run and beat the best in fast times, week in week out, they don't participate in contrived meaningless races to please the ill informed masses. Mo ran precisely 1 meaningful race outside of London last year and for me that kind of schedule does't befit a champion of his stature.

On this criteria Jessie Owens isnt a true great.

IMO a true great delivers on the big stage. Their big achievements and sometimes the context of achievement makes somebody a true great.
eldanielfire

Postby norunner » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:49 am

jamboy wrote:Your definitely not a track and field fan.
Oh that hurts. If i promise to worship his holy Boltness five times a day, put posters of Usain on every wall and buy jamaican colors underwear, please please pretty please will you make me a true T&F fan? 8-)
norunner

Postby John G » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:58 am

mump boy wrote:Well if your happy with lowest common denominator, bully for you

I was talking about what will make 95% of the people in the stadium and watching on TV happy. I've personally got no interest in Mo running another race like the 3k at The Palace last year (although his kick was jaw-dropping). However, my girls, who I'm taking this Summer will be besides themselves with excitement at the prospect of seeing him in the flesh and will go home happy regardlessof who he beats. If kids like them are more inclined to take up the sport in the future as a consequence of seeing Mo winning a race (even if you and I understand it to be fairly pointless), that's fine by me.

I think your comment about 'The Greats' isn't entirely accurate when applied to 5 and 10k runners, particularly in Olympic years. The likes of Yifter and Viren simply didn't beat the best in fast times, week in week out. (I think your recollection is probably correct though if you go back to a period in the 90s, but many suspect that was fuelled by EPO).

Similary, you talk about The Greats never running contrived meaningless races. A I said before, I think great athletes have often used the last race before a Champs for an easy workout / tune-up. Often this comes after a block of hard training; they know that as a consequence of the hard training they are not 100% and their coaches do not want them psychologically affected by a defeat. Even at shorter distances, we saw Coe, Ovett and Cram running plenty of races with no serious competition. The palce crowd always went home happy though.

I think Mo and Salazar are best placed to judge what is best for him. I'm sure we'll see him run a little more than last year when they didn't want to do anything that might compromise his Olympic performances. But not much more. Personally, I hope he goes for a fast 10k 6-8 weeks before Moscow and a fast 5k post- Moscow. I don't think it is realistic to expect more than that. Hard racing week in week out before Moscow will affect his World Champs hopes and after attempting a double in Moscow he won't have much left in his legs.
John G

Postby John G » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:03 am

jamboy wrote:
norunner wrote:
jamboy wrote:

Your definitely not a track and field fan.

Telling someone who has even found this site, let alone takes time to post that they aren't a T&F fan seems a little unfair!
For me, the memories are as important as the 3 hours I am in the stadium. I remember a night in Lausanne just for the 13 seconds of the 110mH. That was worth my entry fee.
John G

Postby norunner » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:02 am

John G wrote:For me, the memories are as important as the 3 hours I am in the stadium. I remember a night in Lausanne just for the 13 seconds of the 110mH. That was worth my entry fee.
I agree, my first international meeting was Munich 1983, i was a young boy then and saved my allowance for the ticket. I still remember the strange quiet for several seconds after Kratochvilova broke the 800m WR because half the stadium didn't realise and the other half couldn't believe it. I also still remember celebrating Skamrahl breaking the 400m ER and discussing the 1500m JWR that Kipkoech Cheruijot (i think it was him) broke and nobody in the stadium noticed. I don't remember every event from that evening but i remember the magic of my first T&F meeting. And all that magic happened before Bolt was even born, so yes, the tree does make a sound even if there is no Bolt around chop it.
norunner

Postby batonless relay » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:31 am

Anyone, even avid track and field fans, who says that they wouldn't pay for 10 seconds of running is a liar. If it's a World Championships or an Olympics ... then I don't care if Bolt is in it, or not, the most rapt with attention the stadium ever is ... will be when the 100m is being run, and the least attentive is when distance races are on. The Mo Farah's, Fani Halkia, Cathy Freeman and Fermin Cachos of the world local interest, notwithstanding, people come for the short races. Even the multi-events get short shrift; most of their events - even at most WC and Olympics - are performed in front of a nearly empty stadium (most of the track world is probably too hung over to make a Deca 100m or Deca 110m start time; even the marathon start can be missed by people who are considered fans).
batonless relay

Postby norunner » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:16 am

batonless relay wrote:Anyone, even avid track and field fans, who says that they wouldn't pay for 10 seconds of running is a liar. If it's a World Championships or an Olympics ... then I don't care if Bolt is in it, or not, the most rapt with attention the stadium ever is ... will be when the 100m is being run, and the least attentive is when distance races are on. The Mo Farah's, Fani Halkia, Cathy Freeman and Fermin Cachos of the world local interest, notwithstanding, people come for the short races. Even the multi-events get short shrift; most of their events - even at most WC and Olympics - are performed in front of a nearly empty stadium (most of the track world is probably too hung over to make a Deca 100m or Deca 110m start time; even the marathon start can be missed by people who are considered fans).
Why is it that some people can't comprehend that not everyone gets excited about 10 seconds of running? I repeat, i would never pay money just to see Bolt. If he is in a meeting i plan to attend, fine, but he is no attraction to me. And i really don't like being called a liar simply because my view doesn't suit yours. And finally, did you actually ever attend WCs or Olympic Games? I was in Atlanta 96, Sydney 2000 and Athens in 2004 and i don't remember empty stadiums for any of the field events.
norunner

Postby batonless relay » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:37 am

norunner wrote:
batonless relay wrote:Anyone, even avid track and field fans, who says that they wouldn't pay for 10 seconds of running is a liar. If it's a World Championships or an Olympics ... then I don't care if Bolt is in it, or not, the most rapt with attention the stadium ever is ... will be when the 100m is being run, and the least attentive is when distance races are on. The Mo Farah's, Fani Halkia, Cathy Freeman and Fermin Cachos of the world local interest, notwithstanding, people come for the short races. Even the multi-events get short shrift; most of their events - even at most WC and Olympics - are performed in front of a nearly empty stadium (most of the track world is probably too hung over to make a Deca 100m or Deca 110m start time; even the marathon start can be missed by people who are considered fans).
Why is it that some people can't comprehend that not everyone gets excited about 10 seconds of running? I repeat, i would never pay money just to see Bolt. If he is in a meeting i plan to attend, fine, but he is no attraction to me. And i really don't like being called a liar simply because my view doesn't suit yours. And finally, did you actually ever attend WCs or Olympic Games? I was in Atlanta 96, Sydney 2000 and Athens in 2004 and i don't remember empty stadiums for any of the field events.

So let me see if I got this right: because you went to Atlanta, Sydney and Athens - almost a decade ago at the earliest - the stadium was full for Tokyo, Beijing, Berlin and Daegu?

Your belligerence may be obscuring your ability to comprehend. Why don't you slow down and take a few breaths and READ? Because if you do that then you will know that I never said that you would pay to see Bolt. Never wrote it. You've moved past liar and are edging dangerously close to fool territory. I'm begging you to stop now and. not. go. there.
batonless relay

Postby norunner » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:41 am

batonless relay wrote:
norunner wrote:

So let me see if I got this right: because you went to Atlanta, Sydney and Athens - almost a decade ago at the earliest - the stadium was full for Tokyo, Beijing, Berlin and Daegu?

Your belligerence may be obscuring your ability to comprehend. Why don't you slow down and take a few breaths and READ? Because if you do that then you will know that I never said that you would pay to see Bolt. Never wrote it. You've moved past liar and are edging dangerously close to fool territory. I'm begging you to stop now and. not. go. there.
Ok, you're one of those guys, instead of facts, more insults. Good to know.
norunner

Postby gh » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:51 am

batonless relay wrote:Your belligerence may be obscuring your ability to comprehend. Why don't you slow down and take a few breaths and READ? Because if you do that then you will know that I never said that you would pay to see Bolt. Never wrote it. You've moved past liar and are edging dangerously close to fool territory. I'm begging you to stop now and. not. go. there.

"belligerence" "your ability to comprehend" "READ" "liar" "fool territory"?

You just don't play well with others, do you? Enjoy your vacation.
gh

Postby ExCoastRanger » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:32 am

batonless relay wrote:Anyone, even avid track and field fans, who says that they wouldn't pay for 10 seconds of running is a liar... and the least attentive is when distance races are on... people come for the short races....

I go for the distance races. I swear I'm not lying. Not only that, when it comes to buying tickets for OTs and Olympics, most of the people I know make their decisions based on the heats and finals they'll get to see at 800m - 10,000m. Really. I'm not lying.
ExCoastRanger

Postby ZELLGADISS » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:16 am

Bolt is very well paid because a lot of people will buy a ticket only because he will run there.
It is the reality, and all meetings make it with Bolt. :wink:

Of course if i pay a ticket , i will watch other races or jumps, i love Track and field, but mainly i will go for to see to BOLT 8-)
Bolt is something incredible, never sawn before.
ZELLGADISS

Postby kuha » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:20 am

ZELLGADISS wrote:Bolt is something incredible, never sawn before.

Hey, I've seen that act in Vegas! Penn & Teller do it, and quite a few others! It's just a matter of having a box long enough.
kuha

Postby norunner » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:35 am

ZELLGADISS wrote:Bolt is something incredible, never sawn before.
He is an incredible talent, but not an incredible athlete. While his achievements are impressive, i never liked the fact that he avoids competition at all costs. How often does he run against Blake outside of trials, WC or OG? Never. Look at some of the other great athletes, Lavillenie, Harting, Eaton, Pearson, Adams. I don't think any of them avoid their best opponents the way Bolt does.
norunner

Postby HopStepJump » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:12 am

While I agree that the 100m is not a great event to watch from many parts of the stadium, I can't imagine passing up the opportunity to see Bolt live at least once.
HopStepJump

PreviousNext