texas relays times

Main message board: for the discussion of topical track & field items only.

texas relays times

Postby centroplextrackfan » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:22 pm

Im born and raise in central tx...Im not appreciating batonlessrelay's post on questionable times out of Texas...First of all it's windy in Texas..google the geography of texas...and secondly kids are just fast down here...Year in and out we have arguably some of the most fastest kids in the nation....it's more of a bragging rights down here "oh im faster than you"...Its not like this State looks for recognition.. sadly..track is very unimportant in Texas...its a Football state...but give credit where its due.....dont try to take that from us...and you wouldnt be able to if you wanted.. from roy martin,joe deloach, jeremy warniner, marshevet, carlette guidry, chryste gaines, stephanie durst, raymond pierre, derrick brew, MICHAEL JOHNSON, porsha lucas, nanceen perry, jason richardson, kerron clement, leonel manzono, Omg 2 countless 2 name.....chill dude!!!!!!!!
centroplextrackfan

Re: texas relays times

Postby aaronk » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:42 pm

I'm with you, pardner!! :D

But I'd disagree with you about TX being a football state.
It is....but it's ALSO a track state....especially HS track!!
I've heard you get many 1000's to your State meets.....and then there's the TX Relays.
And collegiately, you've got several of the best teams in the country!!

To your list of names...I'd add Lakan Taylor and Annie Rhodes, this year's 2 best lady HS vaulters!!
And going back some years, add the great Randy Matson to your list!!!
aaronk

Re: texas relays times

Postby centroplextrackfan » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:50 pm

well thank you for responding...I may need to rephrase this..there is more love from the powers that be towards football...im a serious track fan...and yes...the young ladies are up and coming in the pole vault..It's just NOt much RESPECT given to our state...Now , Tx Am men just ran a 38.64 and the third and fourth leg are from the same high school ( Bryan/Hardy--Killeen Ellison)..they were members of the same high school team that was ranked 1 in the nation in 2010 in the 4 X 100 meters...a time that they ran 3 weeks before the district meet..as they both were hurt at district AND probably would have ran a 39. that year if they were healthy....Tx Am girls tied the meet record in the 4 X100 meter relay today with a 42.56..and there is not so much of whimper...that's not giving CREDIT WHERE ITS DUE....I THINK IT'S SAD...thanks....aaronk
centroplextrackfan