Pushing your GF

A place for the discussion of all things not closely related to the sport and its competitive side. (as always, locked for the duration of major international championship)

Pushing your GF

Postby DrJay » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:59 pm

I used to push my GFs a bit too hard in the outdoor arena....climbing, skiing, etc....but never this!!! (And he literally pushes her!)

http://msnvideo.msn.com/?channelindex=2 ... 290c603a8f
DrJay

Re: Pushing your GF

Postby cullman » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:47 pm

I've seen something similar in the animal kingdom. It's at the 1:37 mark. :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oq8nYgnE93Y
cullman

Postby aaronk » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:26 pm

I hope she not only broke up with that ASSHOLE.......but had him ARRESTED for ASSAULT and RECKLESS ENDANGERMENT as well!!!

What a fucking ASSHOLE!!!
aaronk

Postby Pego » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:55 pm

aaronk wrote:I hope she not only broke up with that ASSHOLE.......but had him ARRESTED for ASSAULT and RECKLESS ENDANGERMENT as well!!!

What a fucking ASSHOLE!!!

Exactly.
Pego

Postby Conor Dary » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:19 pm

Call me skeptical. I thought the whole thing was a big joke with all of them in on it. Isn't that how youtube works these days?
Conor Dary

Location: कनोर दारी in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.

Postby Dutra5 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:44 pm

This group has a bunch of videos up which show them in....um....awkward situations. This being the worst.

Not sure if the pushing was staged in this case.
Dutra5

Postby Conor Dary » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:28 am

Come on. She is probably some 5.12 climber who has taken plenty of falls.

Reminds of the stunt Charlie Fowler did years ago on the Diving Board in Eldorado Canyon. Tied a 150 ft. rope to an anchor and jumped off and fell the length of the rope, just to know what it felt like.
Conor Dary

Location: कनोर दारी in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.

Postby DrJay » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:38 am

Conor Dary wrote:Come on. She is probably some 5.12 climber who has taken plenty of falls.

Reminds of the stunt Charlie Fowler did years ago on the Diving Board in Eldorado Canyon. Tied a 150 ft. rope to an anchor and jumped off and fell the length of the rope, just to know what it felt like.

You certainly may be right. Something tells me she wouldn't have gotten herself into the harness and at the edge of the cliff if she had not done a good bit of climbing. And the Diving Board legend is a good one. You know Charlie Fowler died in the mountains in China in 2006?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Fowler

My kids and I did this ride at Elitch Gardens in Denver two years ago. My son was 11 and my daughter 9. They're generally fearless on rides, but I looked over at my daughter the last thirty feet of the ride up and she said she was scared and looked it. I told her I was, too, despite having been 1500'+ straight up rock climbs in the Black Canyon of the Gunnison before. Then my son had to pull the ripcord to start the freefall. It was pretty wild. Even my daughter was glad we did it.That's not us in the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aInzoUTe8Z8
DrJay

Postby Conor Dary » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:25 pm

DrJay wrote:
Conor Dary wrote:Come on. She is probably some 5.12 climber who has taken plenty of falls.

You certainly may be right. Something tells me she wouldn't have gotten herself into the harness and at the edge of the cliff if she had not done a good bit of climbing. And the Diving Board legend is a good one. You know Charlie Fowler died in the mountains in China in 2006?

Oh, yes. Very sad. I still have the Climbing issue with him on the cover. CF was a friend of mine years ago in Boulder, when I was running and getting into climbing. A really great guy. I use to go on runs with him up Flagstaff back around 1982, and I had no idea how good he was until I read a book about Long's Peak. And there is a story about this guy doing the first free solo on the Diamond. And in EBs no less.

But back to the video. As you noted getting into a harness is a bit of a project. And onto a rope anchored yards away. And the camera angles and the reactions seem a bit too pat. The photographer is right nearby and she doesn't even look at the camera? Or at least plead with the other guy to get her out of this. That told me right there it was staged. The gal probably free solos the Nose on her days off.
Conor Dary

Postby Dutra5 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:08 pm

Oh I absolutely agree with you.
Dutra5

Postby 26mi235 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:33 pm

At the Dells a couple of years ago a girl visiting with her dad (a doc) and family was on a somewhat similar thrill ride --- something went wrong and the girl got paralyzed. She is partially recovered but probably will never be fully so.
26mi235

Postby Conor Dary » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:58 pm

A fall on a climbing rope is not much fun. There is quite a bit of give, otherwise the rope would break, but the main thing is to save your life.
Conor Dary