Best/worst T&F commentators

Main message board: for the discussion of topical track & field items only.

Re: Best/worst T&F commentators

Postby lonewolf » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:34 am

When I worked in Calgary in 1968-69, I had native (western) Canadian co-workers who laughingly admitted that after 16 years of mandatory French lessons in elementary, HS and university, while they could read French, still could not understand or speak it intelligibly.
lonewolf

Postby gh » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:56 am

mandatory French lessons? I find that hard to believe.

When I grew up in British Columbia (with a very rigid "classic" curriculum) you could get into university without ever having taken a word of French (did have to have 2 years of some foreign language, but didn't have to be French). And you could get a HS diploma with none.
gh

Postby lonewolf » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:01 am

gh wrote:mandatory French lessons? I find that hard to believe.

When I grew up in British Columbia (with a very rigid "classic" curriculum) you could get into university without ever having taken a word of French (did have to have 2 years of some foreign language, but didn't have to be French). And you could get a HS diploma with none.

Well, he was not under oath.. :)
lonewolf

Postby noone » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:03 pm

Bob H wrote:
noone wrote:
gh wrote:
noone wrote:I wish I knew the name of the incompetent stadium announcer at the 2001 World Championships in Edmonton. He was a French-Canadian whose command of English was even worse than his T & F knowledge. He would constantly babble on about people having a fight (he meant battle), or else you couldn't even understand him. I kept saying to myself : For God's sake why don't you shut up!

????

There were two French-speaking announcers in Edmonton, and both were from France, and with impeccable credentials regards both knowledge of the sport and speaking ability. I've worked with them at every major international championships since Atlanta in '96. Both also speak a just-fine version of English.

I can't argue with you about their knowledge, and their language mastery is a subjective matter, but I can assure you they (I could swear there was just one guy) detracted from my enjoyment of the event

I don't understand something. The French-speaking announcers in Edmonton announced only in French. How would you know about their command of English? If you were sitting in the stands, you never would have heard them speaking English. The English was spoken by the English-language announcers, both of whom were native English speakers and neither of whom was a French Canadian.

No, that's just it! The French guy did play-by-play in English. As a former resident of Montreal, I can assure you that if in Quebec a native English-speaker announced in equivalently poor French he would be hooted and/or booted.
noone

Postby zidan » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:22 pm

Check out Lance Whittaker and Hubert Lawrence from cmc. They are terific together. They did the last two Olympics. Everyone in the Caribbean loves them.
zidan

Postby gh » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:49 pm

noone wrote:.....
No, that's just it! The French guy did play-by-play in English. As a former resident of Montreal, I can assure you that if in Quebec a native English-speaker announced in equivalently poor French he would be hooted and/or booted.

There's a slight-slight chance that one of the French guys did some English during the decathlon pole vault, but other than that (which I'm not even sure happened), there was no French voice doing English at any other point in the meet.
gh

Postby Gabriella » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:32 am

Ah, gh, so it was you that was commentating on the women's 4x400 in Edmonton? I remember the replay vividly where Reid drops the baton and we hear you go "whoops!"
Gabriella

Postby John G » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:32 am

IMO, Crammy is not just the best athletics commentator but the best sports broadcaster I’ve ever seen (and having spent half my life on a sofa watching sport I consider myself an expert).
His career peak for me was the last 700m of the OG 5000. It’s a masterclass. He remains cool enough to cover every significant move, not wasting a single word and yet at the same time sharing his own emotions. Hell he even manages to coach Mo down the home straight (“The arms have got to pump, the knees have got to come up”). I was on the back straight with noises emitting from me that were barely human, possibly speaking in tongues, so how he kept his head is beyond me.
Lacking in BBC impartiality? Oh yes, and all the better for it!
Actually, he got one thing wrong. After a brief pause (there was a camera on him and you see him press thumb and forefinger against the top of his nose) he composes himself and says: “My words cannot do justice to how I feel.” He was wrong – he actually did justice to how all Brits felt.
On my last day on earth I intend surrounding myself with friends and family ........ with a loop of that race and commentary on a TV in the background.
John G

Postby John G » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:34 am

IMO, Crammy is not just the best athletics commentator but the best sports broadcaster I’ve ever seen (and having spent half my life on a sofa watching sport I consider myself an expert).
His career peak for me was the last 700m of the OG 5000. It’s a masterclass. He remains cool enough to cover every significant move, not wasting a single word and yet at the same time sharing his own emotions. Hell he even manages to coach Mo down the home straight (“The arms have got to pump, the knees have got to come up”). I was on the back straight with noises emitting from me that were barely human, possibly speaking in tongues, so how he kept his head is beyond me.
Actually, he got one thing wrong. After a brief pause (there was a camera on him and you see him press thumb and forefinger against the top of his nose) he composes himself and says: “My words cannot do justice to how I feel.” He was wrong – he actually did justice to how all Brits felt.
On my last day on earth I intend surrounding myself with friends and family ........ with a loop of that race and commentary on a TV in the background.
John G

Postby gh » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:43 am

Gabriella wrote:Ah, gh, so it was you that was commentating on the women's 4x400 in Edmonton? I remember the replay vividly where Reid drops the baton and we hear you go "whoops!"

Me or Bob Hersh.... no particular recollection one way or another at this point.
gh

Postby lionelp1 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:59 am

John G wrote:IMO, Crammy is not just the best athletics commentator but the best sports broadcaster I’ve ever seen (and having spent half my life on a sofa watching sport I consider myself an expert).

Whilst I am a fan of Cram's delivery generally over the years on his BBC slot with good info, a sense of the drama and a good Geordie sense of humour, I was appalled by his ridiculous OTT commentary on the 5/10 k races in London. The best commentary for me was the IOC's integrated coverage by Peter Matthews, available on Youtube; it was enthusiastic and informative without the quite absurd screaming by a commentator.I am quite certain that Farah knew what he had to do off a poor slow pace without Crammys advice.
Having sat several times in the press stands during a world champs I noted that they keep their composure irrespective of their national predilections without going into hysteria mode.
lionelp1

Postby pakillo » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:22 pm

and just love to hear regularly about that very young runner who is 23 years old and that very experienced 29-year-old veteran! :evil:
pakillo

Postby eldanielfire » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:28 pm

I'm going to contribute Paula Radcliffe here and early. She is only beginning but her knowledge and ability to clearly explain the technical aspects, analysis, faults and in's and out's might exceed even the brilliant Michael Johnson and she is refreshingly honest.

I saw critical 2 months back but she is really growing into it.
eldanielfire

Postby portsea57 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:42 pm

My all-time favourite is UK's Adrian Metcalfe.
You can hear a number of his commentaries on Youtube ( Coe's 1979 800m and One Mile records, for example).
It's a pity that he disappeared, too soon, into management... or whatever
portsea57

Postby iain » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:45 pm

mump boy wrote:Amazing commentary :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bngGgqdtVg

Lord that was hilarious. 'lots of people watching what is, essentially a very boring sport'
iain

Postby Flumpy » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:07 pm

Katharine Merry has been the stadium announcer at the EI's in Gothenburg this weekend and did a fantastic job.

Watch out Garry :D
Flumpy

Postby norunner » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:02 pm

Flumpy wrote:Katharine Merry has been the stadium announcer at the EI's in Gothenburg this weekend and did a fantastic job.

I was surprised by that, why did they have an english announcer in the stadium but not a swedish one?
norunner

Postby iain » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:09 pm

norunner wrote:
Flumpy wrote:Katharine Merry has been the stadium announcer at the EI's in Gothenburg this weekend and did a fantastic job.

I was surprised by that, why did they have an english announcer in the stadium but not a swedish one?

I think they did, there was someone different introducing the Scandinavians in (what I presume was) Swedish
iain

Postby lionelp1 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:00 am

firstly, full marks for Kathleen Merry; clear, precise, hardly a mistake all w/e, made a number of intelligent observations.
The Swedish presenter whose face appeared on screen literally screamed his comments and was appalling in Swedish; lord knows what the Swedes thought about this guy who thought he was a Brazilian soccer presenter after a brazilian goal
lionelp1

Postby peach77 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:55 am

I don't know how the conversation has gotten this far, with Brits involved, without mention of John Regis, who was surely the absolute nadir for anyone watching BBC coverage (and that is saying something) in the past 20 years. I can remember him commenting on a 100m race where he referred, in one race, to Sevatheda Fynes as "Sevatina Hines", "Sevareda Fynes" and "Severina Sines" (I paraphrase, but you get the idea) and he was utterly terrible, poor chap...
peach77

Postby nevetsllim » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:36 am

peach77 wrote:I don't know how the conversation has gotten this far, with Brits involved, without mention of John Regis, who was surely the absolute nadir for anyone watching BBC coverage (and that is saying something) in the past 20 years. I can remember him commenting on a 100m race where he referred, in one race, to Sevatheda Fynes as "Sevatina Hines", "Sevareda Fynes" and "Severina Sines" (I paraphrase, but you get the idea) and he was utterly terrible, poor chap...

I thought it was quite ironic how he was slating Colin Jackson's punditry on Twitter over the weekend. :lol:
nevetsllim

Postby vencio2 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:07 am

eldanielfire wrote:I'm going to contribute Paula Radcliffe here and early. She is only beginning but her knowledge and ability to clearly explain the technical aspects, analysis, faults and in's and out's might exceed even the brilliant Michael Johnson and she is refreshingly honest.

I want to like Paula on BBC much more than I actually do.

I think the BBC really really need to firstly turn her mic up because 90% of the time I can barely hear what she says and she sounds like she's mumbling.

Yes she knows her stuff and can talk intelligently about the races and athletes but I think she sometimes gets the wrong side of the balance between geekery and accessibility - she makes lots of references to people/coaches/situations that keen fans know about but I think a lot of what she says probably goes over 'casual' viewers' heads (that's if they can hear her in the first place, re. first point above) - talking about Oregon Project and Mustafa Muhammed being two examples I can remember. Cram does a better job of putting his comments in context.

When she's sat on the stool next to Denise and Collin I can't stop thinking that she looks like a slightly awkward school girl in comparison. Denise and Collin know (almost) nothing but have the media presence and training to make knowing nothing look good.

As you imply though, I think that she can keep growing into this role and will only get better. The good thing that this seems to mean, unless her injuries recover and she starts running again, is that it's no more Brendan Foster!
vencio2

Postby norunner » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:12 am

peach77 wrote:I can remember him commenting on a 100m race where he referred, in one race, to Sevatheda Fynes as "Sevatina Hines", "Sevareda Fynes" and "Severina Sines" (I paraphrase, but you get the idea) and he was utterly terrible, poor chap...
That's what you get on German Eurosport during every single T&F broadcast. Nadine Hildebrand (german hurdler) gets confused with Franziska Hildebrand (german biathlete). Reminiscing about that famous 4x4 in 91 where the brits beat the americans, they talk about how the brit John Akii-Bua held off Butch Reynolds (it was Kriss Akabusi and Antonio Pettigrew). Once they confused a female javelinthrower with a male discusthrower, and so on. And of course, they can't pronounce names, Dylan (Armstrong) becomes "Dailan", (Allyson) Felix becomes Feliz (like in Feliz Navidad)...
norunner

Postby pauluk63 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:07 am

Colin Jackson is awful in a different way from John Regis he over emphasises things "silky" "majestic" oh he's dreadful and lacks so much knowledge he is there because the BBC love him! I find Denise far better he will at least get into debate! Colin just agrees and yaps on!

But ahead of colin as worst ever for me is connie Henry wow she was annoying and dreadful shouting away making mistakes dreadful!

The best for me Steve cram I like Michael Johnson for knowledge he really does show colin Jackson to be a fool over and over!

I think with media practice paula will improve she loves the sport and knows the sport knows who athletes are which is more than colin and Denise do!
pauluk63

Postby eldanielfire » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:59 am

vencio2 wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:I'm going to contribute Paula Radcliffe here and early. She is only beginning but her knowledge and ability to clearly explain the technical aspects, analysis, faults and in's and out's might exceed even the brilliant Michael Johnson and she is refreshingly honest.

I want to like Paula on BBC much more than I actually do.

I think the BBC really really need to firstly turn her mic up because 90% of the time I can barely hear what she says and she sounds like she's mumbling.

Yes she knows her stuff and can talk intelligently about the races and athletes but I think she sometimes gets the wrong side of the balance between geekery and accessibility - she makes lots of references to people/coaches/situations that keen fans know about but I think a lot of what she says probably goes over 'casual' viewers' heads (that's if they can hear her in the first place, re. first point above) - talking about Oregon Project and Mustafa Muhammed being two examples I can remember. Cram does a better job of putting his comments in context.

When she's sat on the stool next to Denise and Collin I can't stop thinking that she looks like a slightly awkward school girl in comparison. Denise and Collin know (almost) nothing but have the media presence and training to make knowing nothing look good.

I agree Paula is raw, but the fact is she is a breath of fresh air, explains herself well, even the geekery and compliments the other BBC commentators who know nothing. A good sports event is balance and the BBC have needed the balance and knowledge Paula brings for awhile. Her best parts are in the little bits after the race when she analysing the in's and out's of an athletes performance.

I wouldn't say that the others make knowing nothing look good, there is a tad bit of smug about the others and you always get those moments where Jackson obviously has nothing to add or Denise clearly doesn't know what to say for a moment.

As you imply though, I think that she can keep growing into this role and will only get better. The good thing that this seems to mean, unless her injuries recover and she starts running again, is that it's no more Brendan Foster!

I can't remember if it was here or AW but when I saw her on for the cross country in December I was quite critical, however she is growing and learning FAST!

I'd argue she clearly got better as the weekend went on. Not only that I noticeably felt Jackson was using his technical know how for the first time in years outside a video package and pulledaway from being a mindless cheerleader to showing he actually knows his stuff. He was wonderful when talking about the 60m. And trust me, I'd never have predicted that before the Euro's. This is potentially a good change.
eldanielfire

Postby vencio2 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:41 am

Well I missed anything Jackson had to say because I was watching on playback so was able to fwd through all the chat - a huge time-saving approach (I was fwding through about 30-40 mins I think on some sessions before any action started) and a more pleasureable viewing experience.

I'd like to think that, if Jackson was better, then it's because having someone new on the team is making them feel the need to raise their game. They've seen Brendan pushed out in favour of new blood, so could be one of them next :lol:
vencio2

Postby Flumpy » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:00 pm

norunner wrote:

They had both but she told me the organisers wanted about 80% of the commentary in English. Presumeably most Swedes speak English and there were plenty of vistors who are more likely to understand that as well.
Flumpy

Postby Flumpy » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:07 pm

nevetsllim wrote:
peach77 wrote:I don't know how the conversation has gotten this far, with Brits involved, without mention of John Regis, who was surely the absolute nadir for anyone watching BBC coverage (and that is saying something) in the past 20 years. I can remember him commenting on a 100m race where he referred, in one race, to Sevatheda Fynes as "Sevatina Hines", "Sevareda Fynes" and "Severina Sines" (I paraphrase, but you get the idea) and he was utterly terrible, poor chap...

I thought it was quite ironic how he was slating Colin Jackson's punditry on Twitter over the weekend. :lol:

The cheek!!! :shock:

He was atrocious.

He called Abi Oyepitan (And I'm not exagerating) 'Ibiyob Adibidod'.

He suggested that 'If Marcia Richardson sorted her start out, she'd be amongst the best in the world'???

And famously uttered this totally incoherant mixed metaphor about the the 2002 Commonwealth Men's 100m race.........

'This was a 3 horse race but now Kim Collins has thrown his hat in the ring for gold'.

He once described Darrell Brown as 'Hungry like an anorexic lion' :lol:
Flumpy

Postby drdan » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:38 pm

Regis was utterly awful, but Colin Jackson is an abomination. I mean, he has a lovely line in sweaters, but it's never a good sign when someone's knitwear is more interesting than their punditry.

I find Johnathan Edwards unintentionally hilarious; he so clearly holds all current horizontal jumpers in raging contempt and fails so badly to hide it.

I like Steve Cram and (of course) Michael Johnson. Both have cracked the simple (but apparently remarkably difficult to achieve) feat of knowing lots about their sport whilst a) not sounding like an arse, b) being able to communicate it fluently and c) not being a hopelessly partisan shill who is incapable of being honest in their assessment of the failings of hometeam athletes.

Have only heard Paula Radcliffe once and she seems like she could be very good indeed. Hope so.
drdan

Postby liuxuan » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:13 pm

Flumpy wrote:
The cheek!!! :shock:

He was atrocious.

He called Abi Oyepitan (And I'm not exagerating) 'Ibiyob Adibidod'.

He suggested that 'If Marcia Richardson sorted her start out, she'd be amongst the best in the world'???

And famously uttered this totally incoherant mixed metaphor about the the 2002 Commonwealth Men's 100m race.........

'This was a 3 horse race but now Kim Collins has thrown his hat in the ring for gold'.

He once described Darrell Brown as 'Hungry like an anorexic lion' :lol:

i was just about to talk about the abi and marcia edmonton scandal!

Also, after kenderis won the 200m, in an attempt to sum up by saying 'he came and he conquered' he actually said 'he came and he came again', I was like 8-) not before the watershed, surely!

I LOVE cathy freeman as an athlete, and a person, and also think shes normally fab in the studio, buut she was like, stoned or something during the edmonton coverage, literally sitting there mute unable to answer questions lol!
liuxuan

Postby eldanielfire » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:04 pm

vencio2 wrote:Well I missed anything Jackson had to say because I was watching on playback so was able to fwd through all the chat - a huge time-saving approach (I was fwding through about 30-40 mins I think on some sessions before any action started) and a more pleasureable viewing experience.

I'd like to think that, if Jackson was better, then it's because having someone new on the team is making them feel the need to raise their game. They've seen Brendan pushed out in favour of new blood, so could be one of them next :lol:

Brendan gone?!?? I just thought he wasn't doing the indoor stuff while they trialled Paula?

Whatever Jackson was slike at his worst, he at least always contributed a good video segment. Jonathan Edwards is awful, doesn't manage things well, was terrible over the indoor euros, smug and acts like he is better than anybody else. He actually has nothing to contribute, can't wait for the outdoor season and Gabby Logan to boss the studio again.
eldanielfire

Postby John G » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:12 am

The biggest frustration for me was on Sunday afternoon when we had interminable interviews and replays of the morning's track session, whilst there were some top quality field events going on in the stadium. The absolute nadir was when they were interviewing Paula and Crammy about an earlier track event. Over Crammy's left shoulder you could see the stadium's big screen and Lavillenie attempting and then celebrating his 6.01 (or it might have been the 6.07). 5 minutes later the BBC showed the vault.

The highlight for me was Jackson describing the GB men's 4x400 squad before the race as 'awesome'. Really???
John G

Postby nevetsllim » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:19 am

eldanielfire wrote:
vencio2 wrote:Well I missed anything Jackson had to say because I was watching on playback so was able to fwd through all the chat - a huge time-saving approach (I was fwding through about 30-40 mins I think on some sessions before any action started) and a more pleasureable viewing experience.

Brendan gone?!?? I just thought he wasn't doing the indoor stuff while they trialled Paula?

Whatever Jackson was slike at his worst, he at least always contributed a good video segment. Jonathan Edwards is awful, doesn't manage things well, was terrible over the indoor euros, smug and acts like he is better than anybody else. He actually has nothing to contribute, can't wait for the outdoor season and Gabby Logan to boss the studio again.

I don't understand why the BBC stick with Edwards as a presenter when he was pretty decent as a pundit and commentator. He's not comfortable in this role and he was way out of his depth when he was presenting the World Track Cycling Champs the week before. To be a good presenter, you need to be personable and engaging and Edwards just comes across as being smug and pretentious.
nevetsllim

Postby Rog » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:47 am

Why is it that threads about commentators always degenerate into rants about how bad people think the BBC pundits are? :D

I dont know why we have to have so many of them - particularly when for some reason they all seem to have the same viewpoint on everything anyway. I think Jonathan, Denise and Colin are as good as they're ever going to get, and unfortunately won't change much. That means we're stuck with "smug and pretentious" Jonathan Edwards, who "so clearly holds all current horizontal jumpers in raging contempt and fails so badly to hide it" (previous posts have described him so well). I wish someone would tell Colin to think for a moment before he opens his mouth, as he is capable of offering intelligent analysis, but usually just gushes like an airhead and "literally" jumps headfirst into the world of cliche. Denise - I hate to say it - seems to be there primarily to look good and be female.

I would be quite happy to just leave it to Steve Cram and Paul Dickenson. They could have Phil Thing (can't remember his surname) do the trackside interviews, with Michael Johnson replacing him at the championships. He'd be ideal as he is knowledgeable, unflappable and a great communicator.

I'd love better presentation of field events, which the BBC have never been good at, and I've never understood why. It would also be nice if they could present events live, as John G says - so many times you see results on scoreboards in the background for events they haven't screened yet.

I wonder how representative we are though of the general public? Presumably the BBC carries out audience research on their sports coverage, and if so it can't all be as unfavourable as this or they'd have tried something new ages ago. Have to say I tend to record the coverage and watch it later, unless it's a championship, and then fast forward through the talking heads.

I'm glad to see the back of Brendan Foster. I've disliked him ever since he disparaged Paula Radcliffe on RTE years back, yet he's so complimentary to her on the BBC. Really two-faced.

Lastly, I never got to experience John Regis but it seems like he inherited the mantle of David Coleman - 'Ibiyob Adibidod' indeed! :wink:
Rog

Postby kamikaze7 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:21 am

Those Brit commentators from the 1970s and 80s were good.
Ato Boldon is fairly decent
kamikaze7

Postby nevetsllim » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:59 am

Rog wrote:I'm glad to see the back of Brendan Foster. I've disliked him ever since he disparaged Paula Radcliffe on RTE years back, yet he's so complimentary to her on the BBC. Really two-faced.

What did he say?

And are we sure he's gone too? He never tends to commentate on indoor championships and I'm fairly sure he called the Edinburgh XC.
nevetsllim

Postby Rog » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:19 am

nevetsllim wrote:
Rog wrote:I'm glad to see the back of Brendan Foster. I've disliked him ever since he disparaged Paula Radcliffe on RTE years back, yet he's so complimentary to her on the BBC. Really two-faced.

What did he say?

And are we sure he's gone too? He never tends to commentate on indoor championships and I'm fairly sure he called the Edinburgh XC.

Words to the effect of the Irish being lucky to have Sonia O'Sullivan, who had a kick and was a winner, as opposed to the British being stuck with Paula Radcliffe who was going to do all the leading and then get stuffed at the end as she had absolutely no finish. It was all a far cry from the BBC litany about brave Paula's frontrunning!

This was in the context of the 98 Euro Champs btw
Last edited by Rog on Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rog

Postby eldanielfire » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:32 am

John G wrote:The biggest frustration for me was on Sunday afternoon when we had interminable interviews and replays of the morning's track session, whilst there were some top quality field events going on in the stadium. The absolute nadir was when they were interviewing Paula and Crammy about an earlier track event. Over Crammy's left shoulder you could see the stadium's big screen and Lavillenie attempting and then celebrating his 6.01 (or it might have been the 6.07). 5 minutes later the BBC showed the vault.

The highlight for me was Jackson describing the GB men's 4x400 squad before the race as 'awesome'. Really???

I have to say BBCs sundays coverage pissed me off. It was overtly more interested in interviews than the athletics. It was ridiculous when they clearly had to keep stopping people talking and switching to the long jump and high jumps because the crowd were obviously going nuts over something. Often they cut events to re-show clips from the moring and cut back. They were all over the place. It was terribly done. Why don't they have interviews after the events are over with a bit of analysis then
eldanielfire

Postby Walt Murphy » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:20 pm

Look for a new face (at least as an announcer) on ESPN's coverage of the NCAA Championships this weekend!
Walt Murphy

Postby mrbowie » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:49 pm

Michael Johnson and Denise Lewis were extremely good on the BBC athletics coverage from last year's London Olympics. They spoke with authority and looked good...especially Denise! Michael just might be the best ever.
mrbowie

PreviousNext