Oscar Pistorius suffers memory lapse


A place for the discussion of all things not closely related to the sport and its competitive side. (as always, locked for the duration of major international championship)

Oscar Pistorius suffers memory lapse

Postby Tuariki » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:29 am

Clearly Inspector Clouseau is not French; he is actually South African and living in Pretoria masquerading as Detective Hilton Botha.
Defence Team: Inspector Clouseau, sorry, sorry, I mean Detective Botha, can you tell this court what makes you an expert witness?
Detective Botha: I have a lot of personal experience in the psychology of murderers and what it takes to be a murderer
Defence Team: How personal is that experience detective?
Detective Botha: The most personal it can possibly be
Defence Team: And how many times have you had this personal experience
Detective Botha: 7 times Sir
Defence Team: Why 7 times?
Detective Botha: That's how many people who were in the van that I tried to murder
Last edited by Tuariki on Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tuariki
 
Posts: 1300
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:39 pm
Location: Rohe o Te Whanau a Apanui

Re: Inspector Clouseau is alive and well in Pretoria

Postby Pego » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:46 am

Hopefully, this thread will keep watching OP saga without some people trying to hijack it.
Pego
 
Posts: 10203
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: beyond help

Re: Inspector Clouseau is alive and well in Pretoria

Postby gh » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:27 am

bail granted

(if you haven't noticed, the Day's Best Reading section on the front page has an ongoing set of links relative to developments in the case)
gh
 
Posts: 46335
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am
Location: firmly at Arya's side!

Re: Inspector Clouseau is alive and well in Pretoria

Postby kuha » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:35 am

I was on the exercise bike at our local Y this morning and BOTH TVs that are always on (one CNN, the other FOX) were basically all Pistorius all the time. Honestly, I'd guess that in the 33 minutes I was there, 28 of them were either commercials or Mr. P and his recently departed. And, of course, the standard caption was "Track Star [blah blah]". So he is the global face of "track" right now. The gift that keeps on giving...
kuha
 
Posts: 9036
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: 3rd row, on the finish line

Re: Inspector Clouseau is alive and well in Pretoria

Postby Conor Dary » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:41 am

On the treadmill yesterday, ESPN even had some reenactment of the shooting. I noticed he was granted bail today.
Conor Dary
 
Posts: 6297
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: कनोर दारी in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.

Pistorius Freed on Bail

Postby athlete101 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:45 am

I believe this is something that will be and should be talked about at length. The events of what went on that fateful night are no longer speculation with the prosecution drawing their own conclusions over what is likely to have happened and what the defense argue happened.

Having listened to the Judge, who should be complimented for his handling of a tricky court case which has World Wide interest.

Key notes which the judge touched on....

The prosecution did not make a solid enough case to support their claims.
The prosecution also could not satisfy the court that Oscar is flight risk - this seemed to be the stumbling block in their case. Pistorius can still be found guilty of premeditated murder and it is this, which the prosecution will focus on when the trial does go ahead.

Operating within the law and how the evidence was put forth it is this reason, and this reason alone allowed Oscar Pistorius to be freed on bail.

Whilst this may seem a (small) victory for Pistorius, the prosecution can feel somewhat the happier having heard the affidavit of Pistorius. The level of detail of what happened that night can only strengthen their case due to the level of inconsistencies that have arisen.

Free Speech allows us to speak about such matters, particularly those which are so much in the public domain as this one. Its no longer about speculation, the facts and version of events have been made public under oath and members of this forum should be allowed to discuss them.
athlete101
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:16 pm

Re: Pistorius Freed on Bail

Postby athlete101 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:49 am

Here is a visual of what Oscar P says happened that night....

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/stat ... 73/photo/1
athlete101
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:16 pm

Re: Pistorius Freed on Bail

Postby aaronk » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:50 am

Great!!

He can now join double murderer O.J. Simpson out on the golf course!!

Oh, wait!!

O.J. is in PRISON!!
aaronk
 
Posts: 3366
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 9:39 am

Re: Pistorius Freed on Bail

Postby eldanielfire » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:50 am

It was fairly expected that he would seriously get bail. Bail is all if somebody will do a runner or continue to pose a problem. It has no bearing if he is guilty or if the evidence is there. It's highly likely the evidence will take time to be sorted, hence why the prosecution has come off weak so far, they need to present a convincing story and the defence only need to disrupt it. Given time and the chance to piece together everything the prosecution will present a much more solid case and one that will poke holes in Pistorius version of events.
eldanielfire
 
Posts: 1321
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:07 am

Re: Pistorius Freed on Bail

Postby batonless relay » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:27 pm

aaronk wrote:Great!!

He can now join double murderer O.J. Simpson out on the golf course!!

Oh, wait!!

O.J. is in PRISON!!

O.J. is not in prison for murder though.
batonless relay
 
Posts: 700
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:40 am

Re: Inspector Clouseau is alive and well in Pretoria

Postby gh » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:39 pm

when the original thread veered off into OJ territory it ended up locked; if you don't want this one to suffer a similar thread, tread lightly here.
gh
 
Posts: 46335
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am
Location: firmly at Arya's side!

Re: Pistorius Freed on Bail

Postby user4 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:27 pm

athlete101 wrote:Here is a visual of what Oscar P says happened that night....

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/stat ... 73/photo/1


a picture is worth a thousand lies.
user4
 
Posts: 1438
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:05 pm

Re: Inspector Clouseau is alive and well in Pretoria

Postby Dutra5 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:37 pm

If the picture reenactment is a visual of what Pistorius has said occurred, I don't understand at all how he goes by the bed his girlfriend should be in without him either checking to see if she's there and/or him telling her to move to potentially safer quarters.
Dutra5
 
Posts: 1272
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:51 am

Re: Inspector Clouseau is alive and well in Pretoria

Postby sprintdoc » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:09 pm

Don't want to hijack this thread but with the charges of OP I was wondering what is the biggest track star ever convicted of murder? Or sports star in general?

To your point Dutra I agree that it and the angle of the bullet holes are 2 major issues for the defense as well as the obvious shooting into room. OP's "story" just doesn't hold much validity and the judge even seemed to indicate that in his diatribe explanation in granting bail.

I think the issue of those close supporters of OP have to face though is his own stability now that he is out. If he did kill her due to some passion-fed argument and his love was sincere then he may experience huge mental issues up to and including suicidal tendancies. If on the other hand he feels he is innocent and the victim of a terrible tragedy and has little chance of prevailing in a trial then he may concoct some escape plan to go live somewhere he can't be extridited from.
sprintdoc
 
Posts: 195
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:57 pm

Re: Inspector Clouseau is alive and well in Pretoria

Postby Tuariki » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:26 am

It is of course a terrible tragedy. But even if his version of events is true, he is not a victim. By his own affidavit he meant to kill the person in the bathroom. Whether or not he knew it was Reeva is just a matter of determining the degree of the murder he carried out. In talking about degrees of murder I am not referring to South African law as I do not know what their laws are; I am just talking about my personal view of what he is guilty of. He should be put away for at least 10 years based on his own story. And at least 30 years if the prosecution wins.
Tuariki
 
Posts: 1300
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:39 pm
Location: Rohe o Te Whanau a Apanui

Re: Inspector Clouseau is alive and well in Pretoria

Postby mump boy » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:51 am

What kind of door did the toilet have and how would a cricket bat help you break it ??
mump boy
 
Posts: 5637
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: saaaaaarf london

Re: Inspector Clouseau is alive and well in Pretoria

Postby eldanielfire » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:22 am

the news is now reporting that Oscar Pistorius' brother Carl is also in a homicide trial.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-21563911

You couldn't make-up the twists and turns in this case if you tried.
eldanielfire
 
Posts: 1321
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:07 am

Re: Inspector Clouseau is alive and well in Pretoria

Postby user4 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:14 am

Tuariki wrote:It is of course a terrible tragedy. But even if his version of events is true, he is not a victim. By his own affidavit he meant to kill the person in the bathroom. Whether or not he knew it was Reeva is just a matter of determining the degree of the murder he carried out. In talking about degrees of murder I am not referring to South African law as I do not know what their laws are; I am just talking about my personal view of what he is guilty of. He should be put away for at least 10 years based on his own story. And at least 30 years if the prosecution wins.


since you have presented your moral compass allow me to present mine:

A) his version of events are true: I assign a probability of this event at roughly .00001.
If so he deserves 3 years max in prison but important he is demonstrably mentally retarded and is a megalomaniac (in the old classic sense) incapable of considering anyone's interests but his own.

B) his version of events are a crafted lie, he actually murdered the girl in a fit of rage. Again implied is that he is even more of a megalomaniac and of such selfish proportions as to confound all reason. Probability of this event 1-.00001

I assume A) and B) are only alternatives and that seems even more likely than B to me.

He deserves the death penalty, the only civilized judgment for such a heinous crime :)
user4
 
Posts: 1438
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:05 pm

Re: Inspector Clouseau is alive and well in Pretoria

Postby Pego » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:49 am

user4 wrote:
Tuariki wrote:It is of course a terrible tragedy. But even if his version of events is true, he is not a victim. By his own affidavit he meant to kill the person in the bathroom. Whether or not he knew it was Reeva is just a matter of determining the degree of the murder he carried out. In talking about degrees of murder I am not referring to South African law as I do not know what their laws are; I am just talking about my personal view of what he is guilty of. He should be put away for at least 10 years based on his own story. And at least 30 years if the prosecution wins.


since you have presented your moral compass allow me to present mine:

A) his version of events are true: I assign a probability of this event at roughly .00001.
If so he deserves 3 years max in prison but important he is demonstrably mentally retarded and is a megalomaniac (in the old classic sense) incapable of considering anyone's interests but his own.

B) his version of events are a crafted lie, he actually murdered the girl in a fit of rage. Again implied is that he is even more of a megalomaniac and of such selfish proportions as to confound all reason. Probability of this event 1-.00001

I assume A) and B) are only alternatives and that seems even more likely than B to me.

He deserves the death penalty, the only civilized judgment for such a heinous crime :)


I'd be perfectly happy with life in prison.
Pego
 
Posts: 10203
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: beyond help

Re: Inspector Clouseau is alive and well in Pretoria

Postby user4 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:10 am

Pego wrote:I'd be perfectly happy with life in prison.


that is cruel and unusual punishment :)
user4
 
Posts: 1438
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:05 pm

Re: Inspector Clouseau is alive and well in Pretoria

Postby Tuariki » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:41 am

user4 wrote:
Tuariki wrote:It is of course a terrible tragedy. But even if his version of events is true, he is not a victim. By his own affidavit he meant to kill the person in the bathroom. Whether or not he knew it was Reeva is just a matter of determining the degree of the murder he carried out. In talking about degrees of murder I am not referring to South African law as I do not know what their laws are; I am just talking about my personal view of what he is guilty of. He should be put away for at least 10 years based on his own story. And at least 30 years if the prosecution wins.


since you have presented your moral compass allow me to present mine:

A) his version of events are true: I assign a probability of this event at roughly .00001.
If so he deserves 3 years max in prison but important he is demonstrably mentally retarded and is a megalomaniac (in the old classic sense) incapable of considering anyone's interests but his own.

B) his version of events are a crafted lie, he actually murdered the girl in a fit of rage. Again implied is that he is even more of a megalomaniac and of such selfish proportions as to confound all reason. Probability of this event 1-.00001

I assume A) and B) are only alternatives and that seems even more likely than B to me.

He deserves the death penalty, the only civilized judgment for such a heinous crime :)

An interesting statistical formulation you have come up with.

If he is your "B" I personally agree he deserves to get the death penalty but as I understand they don't do that anymore in South Africa I guess he will get life in Pretoria Prison. Mind you from what they say in the media about that prison the death penalty might be a more welcome alternative.
Tuariki
 
Posts: 1300
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:39 pm
Location: Rohe o Te Whanau a Apanui

Re: Inspector Clouseau is alive and well in Pretoria

Postby Tuariki » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:45 am

eldanielfire wrote:the news is now reporting that Oscar Pistorius' brother Carl is also in a homicide trial.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-21563911

You couldn't make-up the twists and turns in this case if you tried.

The script writers for the Pink Panther movies would have been the laughing stock of Hollywood if they had come up with a plot that matched the reality of the Pistorius saga.

I wonder what will be the next revelation?
Tuariki
 
Posts: 1300
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:39 pm
Location: Rohe o Te Whanau a Apanui

Re: Inspector Clouseau is alive and well in Pretoria

Postby gh » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:04 pm

You obviously haven't heard about E's new reality series: The Kardashians Meet The Pistorii
gh
 
Posts: 46335
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am
Location: firmly at Arya's side!

Re: Inspector Clouseau is alive and well in Pretoria

Postby 26mi235 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:09 pm

There has been some comments that the bail hearing was, in part, an attempt to get the defense to put their version of events on the table. If so, it looked like it worked pretty well. On the police side, things that they say can be claimed to be a bit provisional, as they are still investigating. But on the defense side, they have few points on which they can use the 'out'.
26mi235
 
Posts: 16335
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Madison, WI

Re: Inspector Clouseau is alive and well in Pretoria

Postby mump boy » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:50 pm

I know we're taking press reports with a pinch of salt but this seems a more likely scenario than trying to break down a door with a cricket bat !!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... uries.html
mump boy
 
Posts: 5637
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: saaaaaarf london

Re: Inspector Clouseau is alive and well in Pretoria

Postby Tuariki » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:41 pm

gh wrote:You obviously haven't heard about E's new reality series: The Kardashians Meet The Pistorii

I wonder what role "Zombie" Jenner will play?
Tuariki
 
Posts: 1300
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:39 pm
Location: Rohe o Te Whanau a Apanui

Re: Inspector Clouseau is alive and well in Pretoria

Postby Tuariki » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:45 pm

mump boy wrote:I know we're taking press reports with a pinch of salt but this seems a more likely scenario than trying to break down a door with a cricket bat !!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... uries.html

If the UK report turns out to be correct then it would appear that the only logical reason for Pistorius to do whatever it took to get bail is that he is planning to do a "runner". Unusually for me, I have decided to restrain myself and not use another descriptor in place of "runner".
Tuariki
 
Posts: 1300
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:39 pm
Location: Rohe o Te Whanau a Apanui

Re: Inspector Clouseau is alive and well in Pretoria

Postby Fortius19 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:20 pm

From the dailymail link previously listed:

Today, if his athletics coach Ampie Louw has his way, Pistorius could be back in training at the track at the University of Pretoria.


WHAT?!?
Fortius19
 
Posts: 347
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:18 am

Re: Inspector Clouseau is alive and well in Pretoria

Postby 18.99s » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:17 am

Tuariki wrote:If the UK report turns out to be correct then it would appear that the only logical reason for Pistorius to do whatever it took to get bail is that he is planning to do a "runner". Unusually for me, I have decided to restrain myself and not use another descriptor in place of "runner".


If her skull was crushed by the cricket bat, how would she have been able to go to the toilet room and shut the door before being shot through it? I've dismissed that crushed skull story as another media fabrication. Any injury to her skull was from the bullet.
18.99s
 
Posts: 704
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:28 am

Re: Inspector Clouseau is alive and well in Pretoria

Postby batonless relay » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:13 am

Death penalty for an accidental shooting? Blood thirsty much? That prison would be near empty if deaths of all kind led to the death penalty.

I also believe the whole cricket bat thing is a fabricated media diversion for the daft. The presence of the bat and the blood upon it will ultimately be inconsequential. The cited twitter pictorial is wrong too. It claims to be a re-enactment of Pistorius' words but it's not and that's probably because someone wants to color the opinions of those following the case.

Pistorius said he shot through the door and he accidentally killed her. That's a good place to start and the trial will suss out the truth, hopefully.
batonless relay
 
Posts: 700
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:40 am

Re: Inspector Clouseau is alive and well in Pretoria

Postby Conor Dary » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:31 am

batonless relay wrote:

Pistorius said he shot through the door and he accidentally killed her. That's a good place to start and the trial will suss out the truth, hopefully.


Yea, he was aiming for the toilet..... :roll:
Conor Dary
 
Posts: 6297
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: कनोर दारी in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.

Re: Inspector Clouseau is alive and well in Pretoria

Postby batonless relay » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:35 am

Conor Dary wrote:
batonless relay wrote:

Pistorius said he shot through the door and he accidentally killed her. That's a good place to start and the trial will suss out the truth, hopefully.


Yea, he was aiming for the toilet..... :roll:

You are not as clever with your assumptions as you think you are. He said he was aiming for the burglar he believed was in the bathroom.
batonless relay
 
Posts: 700
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:40 am

Re: Inspector Clouseau is alive and well in Pretoria

Postby Conor Dary » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:48 am

batonless relay wrote:
Conor Dary wrote:
batonless relay wrote:

Pistorius said he shot through the door and he accidentally killed her. That's a good place to start and the trial will suss out the truth, hopefully.


Yea, he was aiming for the toilet..... :roll:

You are not as clever with your assumptions as you think you are. He said he was aiming for the burglar he believed was in the bathroom.


X-ray vision! Or maybe it was N-rays?

However, who knows. The trial will be soon. But it doesn't look good.
Conor Dary
 
Posts: 6297
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: कनोर दारी in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.

Re: Inspector Clouseau is alive and well in Pretoria

Postby user4 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:00 am

Conor Dary wrote:
batonless relay wrote:
Conor Dary wrote:
batonless relay wrote:

Pistorius said he shot through the door and he accidentally killed her. That's a good place to start and the trial will suss out the truth, hopefully.


Yea, he was aiming for the toilet..... :roll:

You are not as clever with your assumptions as you think you are. He said he was aiming for the burglar he believed was in the bathroom.


X-ray vision! Or maybe it was N-rays?

However, who knows. The trial will be soon. But it doesn't look good.


The reason the pistorius position meets the average thinking individual with profound incredulity is because it simply conflicts with all of nature, reason and experience.

A man goes to shoot a home invader for one reason, it is to insure that the invader not harm any innocent person's in his home. Every man and woman that has a gun in their home does so for the purpose of protecting innocent life. We are being asked to believe that such a man, alert to an invader actually fired multiple shots at the very one singular person in his care ? This is the most shameless lie of the century.

To believe it one would have to live nearly their entire life through a television tube absorbing ideas of how the world worked as a ancillary effect of eliciting emotions through fantasies. Certainly not through actual experience with real people in the real world.

This guy must have been pampered for so long that it is now impossible for him to consider anything that does not advance his own immediate temporal desires.
Last edited by user4 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
user4
 
Posts: 1438
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:05 pm

Re: Inspector Clouseau is alive and well in Pretoria

Postby Conor Dary » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:12 am

Even if it was an intruder behind the door, why would you just shoot. Call the cops, tell who ever there to leave the way they came in... Unless you just like killing people.
Chicago has intruders all of the time breaking into houses, and I have never heard this tale before.

The only story that makes sense is OP realized he was screwed and had to come up with some story.

Anyways I see this thread heading towards oblivion also....
Conor Dary
 
Posts: 6297
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: कनोर दारी in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.

Re: Inspector Clouseau is alive and well in Pretoria

Postby user4 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:20 am

Conor Dary wrote:Even if it was an intruder behind the door, why would you just shoot. Call the cops, tell who ever there to leave the way they came in... Unless you just like killing people.
Chicago has intruders all of the time breaking into houses, and I have never heard this tale before.

The only story that makes sense is OP realized he was screwed and had to come up with some story.


If you knew it was an intruder you probably wouldnt shoot, but not knowing what the intruder has in his hand or what he is preparing to do , a prosecutor might not seek a murder conviction on you if you did shoot the invader through a door. The point I was making was that this case is completely the opposite. There was no invader, and he shot the one person that he had a duty to protect. He is a bald-faced liar.

Yes, Chicago has some of the worst gun violence in the US but the reason you have never heard such a story there is because it has never happened in Chicago and it didnt happen in SA either.
user4
 
Posts: 1438
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:05 pm

Re: Inspector Clouseau is alive and well in Pretoria

Postby jeremyp » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:49 am

batonless relay wrote: The cited twitter pictorial is wrong too. It claims to be a re-enactment of Pistorius' words but it's not

Pistorius said he shot through the door and he accidentally killed her. That's a good place to start and the trial will suss out the truth, hopefully.


What was accurate about the twitter piece was his statement: "I grabbed my 9 mm pistol from underneath my bed. On my way to the bathroom I screamed words to the effect for him/them to get out of my house and for Reeva to phone the police."

So why would she not respond to his screaming? Presumably she knows he has a gun and has expressed previously his fear of break ins, and surely she'd scream out something to warn him of her presence in the bathroom!
jeremyp
 
Posts: 4544
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Florida

Re: Inspector Clouseau is alive and well in Pretoria

Postby batonless relay » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:35 am

jeremyp wrote:
batonless relay wrote: The cited twitter pictorial is wrong too. It claims to be a re-enactment of Pistorius' words but it's not

Pistorius said he shot through the door and he accidentally killed her. That's a good place to start and the trial will suss out the truth, hopefully.


What was accurate about the twitter piece was his statement: "I grabbed my 9 mm pistol from underneath my bed. On my way to the bathroom I screamed words to the effect for him/them to get out of my house and for Reeva to phone the police."

So why would she not respond to his screaming? Presumably she knows he has a gun and has expressed previously his fear of break ins, and surely she'd scream out something to warn him of her presence in the bathroom!

How about some of you not guess what Pistorius' intent was or what his frame of mind was; that will only lead to posts that are sure to get this thread locked like the previous thread. Until the media reports are entered into evidence in a court of law, it is presumptuous to understand them as facts. Aside from the prosecutor, the only additional testimony is the written testimony of Pistorius. Read it at the following link http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-202_162-575 ... own-words/ and you will see discrepancy's with the twitter illustration, which is nothing more than bad comedy.
batonless relay
 
Posts: 700
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:40 am

Re: Inspector Clouseau is alive and well in Pretoria

Postby jeremyp » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:14 pm

batonless relay wrote:
jeremyp wrote:
batonless relay wrote: The cited twitter pictorial is wrong too. It claims to be a re-enactment of Pistorius' words but it's not

Pistorius said he shot through the door and he accidentally killed her. That's a good place to start and the trial will suss out the truth, hopefully.


What was accurate about the twitter piece was his statement: "I grabbed my 9 mm pistol from underneath my bed. On my way to the bathroom I screamed words to the effect for him/them to get out of my house and for Reeva to phone the police."

So why would she not respond to his screaming? Presumably she knows he has a gun and has expressed previously his fear of break ins, and surely she'd scream out something to warn him of her presence in the bathroom!

How about some of you not guess what Pistorius' intent was or what his frame of mind was; that will only lead to posts that are sure to get this thread locked like the previous thread. Until the media reports are entered into evidence in a court of law, it is presumptuous to understand them as facts. Aside from the prosecutor, the only additional testimony is the written testimony of Pistorius. Read it at the following link http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-202_162-575 ... own-words/ and you will see discrepancy's with the twitter illustration, which is nothing more than bad comedy.

How about you not presuming I'm guessing when I'm taking it from what he said. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/1 ... 17604.html. I stand by my comment. Who the hell is going to sit mute on a toilet with your boyfriend screaming at the door about burglars? Unless of course you think it was "suicide by boyfriend."
jeremyp
 
Posts: 4544
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Florida

Re: Inspector Clouseau is alive and well in Pretoria

Postby mump boy » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:57 pm

batonless relay wrote:Death penalty for an accidental shooting? .


There is absolutely nothing accidental about this shooting. It remains to be seen if the result was accidental but the shooting was 100% intended.
mump boy
 
Posts: 5637
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: saaaaaarf london

Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests