Oh, so many!!
I can't limit it to just one!
So here's a list, with #1 in the #1 (sic!!) position:
1. Do away with the 1600 and 3200 in HS races, and return to the full 1 and 2 mile distances!
2. Extend all....or at least MOST.....of the 3000 races to two miles, but time all runners enroute at 3000.
3. Not allow ANY times run on oversize tracks to be considered as records, best-evers, or to be included on ANY lists.....unless clearly designated as NOT being a legitimate time!! To this end, do NOT allow ANY times run on OT's as qualifiers for championships meets, or trials.
4. Clearly differentiate between the indoor and outdoor seasons on EVERY list. Do NOT include ANY indoor times on any outdoor list. SEPARATE the seasons!!
5. Bring back monthly lists in T&FN print edition. Bring back the print edition of the Track Newsletter, even if it costs more than $100 per year!
6. Offer more event choices in the DL meets. Keep the same ones for point-getting purposes, but ADD additional events to offer more chances to compete to more athletes.
7. Offer more 5000 and 10000 chances for HS athletes, boys and girls, to compete in. Ditto with the 3000 steeplechase, and the international weight throws!!
Gee, I guess there's only seven!!
These may not be classified as fantasies, but more as wishes and hopes!!
Um, they're mostly unprintable in a family-oriented forum such as this!!