stockholm meet results

Main message board: for the discussion of topical track & field items only.

Re: Fraser runs PR in Sweden

Postby 26mi235 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:21 pm

She ran one her last indoor race also.
26mi235

Re: stockholm meet results

Postby az2004 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:30 pm

it's all about running for medals now

12:45 in moscow is unlikely, but fast finishes by lagat and rupp off a more tactical pace will be interesting

des moines trials could be hot hot not, not pleasant for 5k
az2004

Postby exdrake » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:50 pm

odelltrclan wrote:
kuha wrote:
az2004 wrote:rupp runs away from everyone 7:30.18NR!

Wow.

Reaffirms what I have felt since last year, this is Rupps year. Confidence gained in Olympics and fire burning in the belly. Rupp will beat Farah this year in at least 1 race and will medal in WC 10k, good shot at gold. Lagat will be saying goodbye to the AR in 5k as well.

For me, the precise MOMENT of Rupp's ascendence to having-the-confidence-to-challenge anyone...was the split second (and look in his eye when he was, for the umpteenth time passed by Lagat with maybe 80m left in Oly trials 5k...then dug in and tried...and then re-passed Lagat. In that moment and the next 9 or so seconds I think he ascended to beleiveing noone but farah had his number. And this year he appears to be set to ascend that one more step and I agree that he will give Farah all he can handle and at least at times beat him.

Now I'm wondering if we will see them less and less in the same races a la Pre meet.

It really is awesome to consider sub 12:50 seems very much in the cards for him this year if he gets in the right race in this champioship year. What a beautiful progression since he was dueling with the guy from Liberty and sam Chelaga etc. And too bad during this past two years we haven't had a healthy Solinsky in the mix.
exdrake

Postby az2004 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:06 pm

agree rupp prime years may be now thru 2015

hope he can squeeze in 2016

think farah will be on the wrong side of age by 2016

i've been a bernie fan too

i'm of th lomong opinions

we're on the same team
az2004

Postby kuha » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:27 pm

exdrake wrote:For me, the precise MOMENT of Rupp's ascendence to having-the-confidence-to-challenge anyone...was the split second (and look in his eye when he was, for the umpteenth time passed by Lagat with maybe 80m left in Oly trials 5k...then dug in and tried...and then re-passed Lagat.

For me, it was the Pre meet several weeks earlier--which made the above exciting but not entirely surprising.
kuha

Postby odelltrclan » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:33 pm

exdrake wrote: And too bad during this past two years we haven't had a healthy Solinsky in the mix.

Yes, I wish Solinsky could have been in the mix. Unfortunately, when compared with Rupp, my bet is Solinsky will never reach Rupp's current level and very well may fail to reach his prior level. I think Rupp has transcended them all now and is top dog from 3k to 10k now and will likely have the fastest times over all those distances before he is through. Possibly this year.
odelltrclan

Postby 26mi235 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:45 pm

odelltrclan wrote:
exdrake wrote: And too bad during this past two years we haven't had a healthy Solinsky in the mix.

Yes, I wish Solinsky could have been in the mix. Unfortunately, when compared with Rupp, my bet is Solinsky will never reach Rupp's current level and very well may fail to reach his prior level. I think Rupp has transcended them all now and is top dog from 3k to 10k now and will likely have the fastest times over all those distances before he is through. Possibly this year.

It is not clear that Rupp is a better (flat) distance runner than Jager is a steepler. If you measure by Gold and Solver, yes (but there are more opportunities) and the Kenyans seem to have an almost unique advantage in this event. Still, let us see what year 2 of the Steeplechase
brings.
26mi235

Postby TN1965 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:02 pm

exdrake wrote:It really is awesome to consider sub 12:50 seems very much in the cards for him this year if he gets in the right race in this champioship year. What a beautiful progression since he was dueling with the guy from Liberty and sam Chelaga etc. And too bad during this past two years we haven't had a healthy Solinsky in the mix.

The guy from Liberty? You mean Josh McDougal? Chelanga is also from Liberty. :)
TN1965

Postby Fortius19 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:41 am

Did they get Rupp's 2 mile time? :)

Too bad he couldn't have raced against Lagat in a 2 mile. 8:05/6 is a ways from 8:09.

I wonder what Rupps 1500/mile split was? Anyone?
Fortius19

Previous