T&FN Favourite Olympic Moment Poll Results No1 David Rudisha

Main message board: for the discussion of topical track & field items only.

Re: T&FN Favourite Olympic Moment Poll Results. 4 Votes

Postby John G » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:20 am

Daisy wrote:
mump boy wrote:4 Points
Super Saturday 45 points
Ben Johnson start/race 88 52 points
28th
Steve Ovett 800m 80 58 points

Ovett was mine, but discussed further up the thread. I think I might have added Super Sat, if I had the experience of seeing it uninterrupted, but I saw it as a highlight reel that didn't do it justice. Reading the descriptions above make it sound amazing.

I had the Ben Johnson/DQ which got three votes. And now the Ben Johnson start here gets four votes. So in reality he is pulling in seven votes. Despite the notoriety, that race is hard to beat when it comes to the WOW factor.

I had Ovett and Johnson for quite opposite reasons: Ovett was my boyhood hero; Big Bad Ben was the ultimate villain, although now i see him slightly differently.

When placing votes I took the topic quite literally and in most cases can think of a precise moment in each race that makes it special for me. For the Moscow 800 it was the moment of relief when Ovett kicked into the home straight and you knew there was no Coe could get up with. I'd never felt so nervous before a race (even my own). I'll never forget the outpouring of emotion - more relief than ecstasy - as my brother and I bounced off the furniture. I also loved the moment on teh first lap when Steve sent Wagenecht into lane 5. It wasn't something British sportsmen tended to do!

I really wanted Lewis to win in 88, although in hindsight I'm far more drawn to Johnson as an individual. I can't think of any other race where you knew the outcome within half a second of the gun going off. That for me was the moment - Johnson's 2nd or 3rd stride. Within 10m I was screaming what I'm sure Lewis was thinking in his head: "Oh no, not again!!".
John G

Postby John G » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:56 am

bobguild76 wrote:
mump boy wrote:4 Points

31st
Super Saturday 45 points

1. Jessica Ennis and the way she exploded in the homestretch. You knew she was ready after the 100h, and you knew she had the gold in the bag with a mid effort 800, but to watch her take it by the scruff of the neck on that last homestretch - well, that's what legends are made of.

I couldn't agree more. All afternoon I'd been thinking this would be less of a race and more of a coronation. If there had been 80,000 athletics fans in the stadium we would have all applauded nicely, understanding we were watching a foregone conclusion. But these were 80,000 members of Joe Public who were going to cheer as loundly as if it were an individual final and the gold depended upon it. I was sat looking directly down the home stretch and felt the goose bumps go up as she moved wide. It felt like we were blowing her home. Subsequently, like everyone I've seen the photo of her crossing the line. Arms outstretched and a look of total calm on her face. My favourite celebration ever.

Watch that home stretch head on. Have you ever seen so little strain on the face of someone so close to giving their all?

Of course, Mo's 10 was fantastic but for me it pales by comparison with the 5000. More of that later, no doubt.
John G

Postby Daisy » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:31 am

mump boy wrote:
Daisy wrote:I had the Ben Johnson/DQ which got three votes. And now the Ben Johnson start here gets four votes. So in reality he is pulling in seven votes. Despite the notoriety, that race is hard to beat when it comes to the WOW factor.

I wasn't sure wheat to do with that, the race and the DQ felt like 2 distinct things especially as some people specifically said the start. Do you think they should all be added together ??

No, I like the way you split it. It shows that there was so much to get out of that race from a spectators perspective.
Daisy

Postby mump boy » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:07 am

Daisy wrote:
mump boy wrote:
Daisy wrote:I had the Ben Johnson/DQ which got three votes. And now the Ben Johnson start here gets four votes. So in reality he is pulling in seven votes. Despite the notoriety, that race is hard to beat when it comes to the WOW factor.

I wasn't sure wheat to do with that, the race and the DQ felt like 2 distinct things especially as some people specifically said the start. Do you think they should all be added together ??

No, I like the way you split it. It shows that there was so much to get out of that race from a spectators perspective.

Cool

Some i've compiled because it would have left massive names and achievements lanquishing at the bottom of the pile because they were split up
mump boy

Re: T&FN Favourite Olympic Moment Poll Results. Last 4 Votes

Postby eldanielfire » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:10 am

mump boy wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
mump boy wrote:Is no one playing anymore :cry:

This thread has been strung out over 3 different months. I just want to see the final list and number of votes.

I post more when people have replied to the previous list.

If you bothered to do that, instead of complaining, you'd get the final list quicker

you're the one complaining people aren't playing anymore. I just gave a possible reason why.
eldanielfire

Postby bobguild76 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:51 am

Daisy wrote:
mump boy wrote:

So true. Ali-Fraizer is an apt comparison. I seem to remember Tom Tellez told Lewis that in both the 87 WC & the 88 Oly, his best race was the semi-finals, and that he was way too tight in each final. The fruit of that advice was the 91 WC ... but then again, facing Burrell et al was not in the same league as lining up next to Ben Johnson.
bobguild76

Postby nevetsllim » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:06 pm

Rog wrote:I also voted for Mary Peters. Her win was before my time, but from what I've seen since it was a classic competition in which she had to make the most of her strengths in the first three events to withstand the rush from Rosendahl in the LJ and 200. It must have been close to an optimal performance. She only just held on.

Here in Northern Ireland, Mary is still a big deal, and she comes across as a lovely lady. My mum and Granny used to know her, my Mother particularly, and they were both very fond of her.

Have to say though my earliest memory is not being able to understand how Mary had won, when other women had clearly finished ahead of her in the race I'd watched (I was very small at the time and the niceties of multi-event scoring were beyond me!)...

I also voted for Peters' win from the 1972 Olympics. It was also before my time but I've seen bits of it on youtube and television and the way Ron Pickering calls the 200m and encapsulates how close it was between her and Rosendahl makes it feels like I don't know the outcome and I'm watching it for the first time. It's one of my favourite pieces of commentary and I voted for that just as much as the competition itself.
nevetsllim

Postby mump boy » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:27 am

5 Votes

27th

Felix Sanchez 2012 33 points

25th

Alberto Juanterena double 76 39 points
Dave Wottle 800m 72 39 points

24th

Abebe Bikila Mar 60 49 points

23rd

TBO (Christine Ohurougu) 400m 08 51 points

22nd

Al Oerter Discus 68 55 points
Last edited by mump boy on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
mump boy

Re: T&FN Favourite Olympic Moment Poll Results. 5 Votes

Postby Olli » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:42 am

Of these I voted for Bikila and Wottle, but might have voted almost anyone … except for "TBO", which, I must admit, seems mysterious to me. I checked both men's and womens' medalists in 400m in 2008 Olympics, but did not find anyone with TBO as initials.

But, to my favorites: Bikila's barefoot win was something so special that I gave it 19 points even though I was not even born yet. Something to think about for all those who believe in the necessity of high-tech running shoes. He was the first distance winner from sub-Sahara Africa, the forerunner of Ethiopian excellence. He also had a Finnish connection, since his coach, Onni Niskanen, was originally Finnish.

Wottle's run is one that I have watched dozens of times in YouTube, and even my kids love it. "Guess who is going to win." Certainly not the guy with the funny cap, who seems like a tourist jogging for some reason in the same track with the serious contenders far ahead.
Olli

Postby nevetsllim » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:04 am

I voted for Felix Sanchez regaining his Olympic 400m hurdles title last year. I've never been much of a fan of his until recently but as someone who was also brought up by their grandparents and lost one of them at an early age, I found it really endearing how he was inspired by the memory of his grandmother, who also brought him up as a child. I also have a lot of respect for champions who suffer adversity before rekindling some of their best form at an advanced ago (Mutola at the World Indoors in 2006 too) so even without knowing Sanchez's motivation, I still probably would have voted for him.
nevetsllim

Postby mump boy » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:30 am

I voted for TBO

Mainly because she won me a load of money and i did an involuntary forward roll across my living room :D :D

I always thought it was hilarious that Sanya crossed he line with her silly arm and leg things hanging round her ankles and complaining of some made up injury
mump boy

Postby eldanielfire » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:22 pm

mump boy wrote:I voted for TBO

Mainly because she won me a load of money and i did an involuntary forward roll across my living room :D :D

That might have been one of my biggest omissions. I cheered for ages when she won and had a tear in my eye considering the battle she had to get there and the mistakes she made that meant she was seen as something she wasn't.
eldanielfire

Postby Olli » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:56 pm

So, now I guess Ohuruogu is called TBO. Could you please finally tell me why.
Olli

Postby eldanielfire » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:09 pm

Olli wrote:So, now I guess Ohuruogu is called TBO. Could you please finally tell me why.

It means 'The Big O'. I only learned this a couple of days ago. I guess it's partly as her surname isn't always so instinctive to spell in the moment, she is the most common athlete who isn't referred to by her last name on message boards.
eldanielfire

Postby HopStepJump » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:55 pm

25th

Dave Wottle 800m 72 39 points

It's hard to believe, but I was 10 at the time. I remember watching this magical sporting on the television in the summer. I was completely hooked. My family watched sometimes, but I was glued. I discovered my love for track, and one of my best memories was watching Wottle's kick and Jim McKay's call.
HopStepJump

Postby Olli » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:46 pm

eldanielfire wrote:
I cheered for ages when she won and had a tear in my eye considering the battle she had to get there and the mistakes she made that meant she was seen as something she wasn't.

Eldanielfire, thanks for your explanation concerning TBO. Could you perhaps also elaborate on your above comment.

Maybe most here, especially Britons, get what you mean, but I am less enlightened. The only thing I know that she had a doping suspension and was given a lifetime ban by the British federation, which was cancelled. But how was she seen as something she wasn't?
Olli

Postby eldanielfire » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:58 am

Basically the 3 strikes testing rule just means you give out where you will be every day. Some athletes clocked that they will only report where they will be in the morning between 6am and 9am before they leave for work or training etc so they don't have to worry about it. Ohuruogu gave details of where she would be every day, for most of the day and didn't seem to be educated to play the game like other athletes. One day she turns up for training at her usual place but finds it's booked out for a school and she hadn't been told. She drives to the her other place of training but forgets to send the update to the drug testers ho choose then to surprise her with a test. They turn-up and find she isn't there, ring her and she points out what has happened, which the drug testers can see, only she is way to far away from them to turn up in the one hour time frame they give her. They refuse to to accomodate the fact her schedule was altered by factors not under her control they deem it as avoidance too often and she is banned.

Only the whole thing is initally reported without most of the details and Chrissue O is massive national news for being a drug cheat. She taks a drug test within hours of missing it anyway to prove she isn't on drugs but the details are basically lost in headlines.

She accepts her ban for falling foul of the rules but her name is mud. When she returns she is an easy victim for people to be self-righteous despite the fact it was accepted she pretty certainly proved she hadn't done drugs, the point of the tests. Some people point out that the athletics organisation so disornagised they can let one of the training facilities of their top track medal prospect be booked out by a school without informing the athlete putting them in a more vulnerable position with the testers. She comes back, wins the world championships in dramatic fashion attacting big headlines as well and fights the life ban she has for the Olympics which is the opportunity for more inaccuarte bad headlines. Eventually her ban is overruled, some athletes speak up for her saying how her mistake could be made by anybody though loads of people still call her a cheat and she arrives under Beijing and under a cloud, unpopular and a tons of questions for why she is there for a young nieve athlete. So you can imagine the sort of pressure she was under when she won that gold.
eldanielfire

Postby mump boy » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:15 am

She missed 3 tests, the 3rd before she had even been informed of the 2nd and testers NEVER call to inform that they have arrived, it was someone else at the track who called her. You have to give 1 hour a day when you will be in a specific place she had put the track instead of early morning at home because she lived with her parents and young siblings.

There is no excuse for missing 3 tests BUT UKA had done an appalling job of explaining the new rules to the athletes, many others including MLF and Becky Lynn were on 2. MLF because his door bell was broken and he didn't know they were at the door !!

Having said all of that, there she was fully culpable for missing tests and the ban was appropriate but there is a MASSIVE difference between missing tests you are totally unaware of and failing or avoiding them. It was very unfortunate that she became the high profile test case that has meant the NO other UK athlete has missed 3 tests in the last 7 years. If it happened to anyone now i would have VERY little sympathy.
mump boy

Postby eldanielfire » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:23 am

mump boy wrote:This isn't wholly accurate, she missed 3 tests, the 3rd before she had even been informed of the 2nd and testers NEVER call to inform that they have arrived, it was someone else at the track who called her. TBO had put the track instead of early morning at home because she lived with her parents and young siblings.

There is no excuse for missing 3 tests BUT UKA had done an appalling job of explaining the new rules to the athletes, many others including MLF and Becky Lynn were on 2. MLF because his door bell was broken and he didn't know they were at the door !!

Having said all of that there she was fully culpable for missing tests and the ban was appropriate but there is a MASSIVE difference between missing tests you are totally unaware of and failing of avoiding them. It was very unfortunate that she became the high profile test case that has meant the NO other UK athlete has missed 3 tests in the last 7 years. If it happened again now i would have VERY little sympathy.

Thanks for filling in those details, I was rambling on from memory. I remember being outraged that she had never been informed of the 2nd test and the sheer idiotitic organiastion of athletes training and the education they got on how rules work. I think if somebody misses a test they should be informed on the day if possible that they have missed one. And yes I simply wouldn't be sympathetic to anybody if it happened today, the educaton and coordination is much better as a result.
Last edited by eldanielfire on Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eldanielfire

Postby Olli » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:27 pm

OK, thanks. Now I understand much better the sympathy you feel for her.
Last edited by Olli on Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Olli

Postby mump boy » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:01 pm

I think i voted for Super Saturday, hoe could i not. It was simply unprecedented in UK athletics :D
mump boy

Postby lonewolf » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:54 pm

I was not familiar with TBO's testing ordeal. I strikes me as mindless bureauracy run amok.
lonewolf

Postby Flumpy » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:25 pm

eldanielfire wrote:
Olli wrote:So, now I guess Ohuruogu is called TBO. Could you please finally tell me why.

It means 'The Big O'. I only learned this a couple of days ago. I guess it's partly as her surname isn't always so instinctive to spell in the moment, she is the most common athlete who isn't referred to by her last name on message boards.

Firstly it's because no one can spell her name properly but it also refers to her ability to rise to the Big occasion.
Flumpy

Postby Flumpy » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:37 pm

lonewolf wrote:I was not familiar with TBO's testing ordeal. I strikes me as mindless bureauracy run amok.

It wasn't. I actually fully support the system. It just hadn't been explained to the athletes properly. As I understand it the reason they are not contacted and given the chance to return is that during that time they would have the opportunity to switch urine or one of the other ways athletes get around tests. I think that in the US a phone call if made and if they return in time then it isn't counted as a missed test. Our system is much stricter but had no flexibility despite the fact that athletes clearly didn't understand it.

The British media went to town in typical fashion gatting all their facts wrong and treating her like a full blown Marion Jones. They didn't bother to report fact like one of the tests she missed because she was at a UKA photoshoot. It's not as if the governing body couldn't verify her attendance.

They also took place over the course of 9 months with numerous passed tests in between. She rightly served her sentence but the way the whole thing was reported in the UK was disgraceful and she of course will be forever labelled a drug cheat when there is no evidence she was anything of the sort.

I think so many of us UK fans are particularly supportive of her because of the way she was treated at the time especially as some of the blame should have gone to the system which was not implemented well at all. Instead she was just left to fend for herself and did a spectacularly terrible job of making her case.
Flumpy

Postby Rog » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:27 am

Seeing as this thread is now on page 3, might it be time for another update on the votes?
Rog

Postby mump boy » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:14 pm

Sorry i forgot

5 Votes

21st

Billy Mills 10k 64 56 points

20th

Carl Lewis LJ 96 58 points

19th

Hicham 1500m 2004 59 points

18th

Flo Jo 200m 88 75 poins

17th

Coe v Ovett 1500m 80 79 points

16th

200m and ceremony 1968 91 points

My No1 goes out and i'm shocked i say, SHOCKED :shock: :x
Last edited by mump boy on Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mump boy

Postby Pego » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:48 pm

Flo-Jo's 200 was my #6. A perfectly run race, pure poetry in motion. Beautiful.
Pego

Postby Daisy » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:05 pm

200m and Ceremony? Is that Smith, Norman and Carlos?

I had the ElG Lagat duel in 2004. That last 100 was unreal, a battle of wills with neither athlete willing to give in.

I also had Lewis's LJ in 96, the icing to an incredible LJ career.
Daisy

Postby bobguild76 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:11 pm

mump boy wrote:Sorry i forgot

5 Votes

19th

18th

Flo Jo 200m 88 75 points

My No1 goes out and i'm shocked i say, SHOCKED :shock: :x

I had both of these.

Hicham 1500 (my #15) ... One of the most exciting homestretch battles in memory. With the disappointments of 96 and 00 fresh in his mind, and with the recent loss to Lagat in Zurich, would El G tighten up? NO WAY!!! He stayed focused, with that amazing stride of his, and nailed down the missing gold in majestic fashion. Now, having said that, I was rooting for Lagat almost as much as for El G. They are both among the classiest and most intensely competitive middle distance runners ever. A photo finish would have been perfect. :-)

Flo Jo 200 (my #4) ... Unbelievable! Power, quickness, turnover, grace. Coming off the turn, I was thinking; Well she's doing ok. But the final, especially the last 50 ... WOW!!! That's when I turned to my family and said something along the lines of, DID YOU SEE THAT?!?! If it had been in the internet era, the video of the race would have had a bajillion visits in the next day.
bobguild76

Postby Daisy » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:17 pm

mump boy wrote:25th

Alberto Juanterena double 76 39 points

I had this, this was the first Olympics that I really remember and Juanterena seemed like a man among boys. Much like Bolt now.
Daisy

Postby mump boy » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:12 pm

Daisy wrote:200m and Ceremony? Is that Smith, Norman and Carlos?

Yes it is, i've clarified now

I've combined 200m and medal ceremony as they go hand in hand, despite the 200m being a standout it gets added kudos because of what happened after

The medal stand was my No1 and how so many people can have ignored it totally is beyond me. It's not only the best Olympic moments it's one of the best moments full stop of the 20th century.

The fact that i met Tommie Smith and John Carlos last year and Mr Smith signed a poster of this moment, to me :shock: makes it even better

There was a screening of the doc

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/cult ... letes.html

With Mr Smith doing a Q&A

At the end I got into a bidding war with a tv weather girl but but there was not a hope in hell i wasn't getting my hands on it. It's framed on the wall next to my bed and is my favourite thing in the world, it makes me cry

he signed it to me, it says

'Faith, Tommie Smith Mexico City, 1968'

I've also got these, just look at how totally maze they are, they're signed and they have black power fists all over them

http://www.tommiesmith.com/black_tspuma.html

which i will obviously never wear, they just sit on the side and i stroke them every now and then :-)
mump boy

Postby Flumpy » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:20 pm

Sorry, this didn't even cross my mind :?

Mump at the auction was hilarious. He would have gone up to about 5k is necessary.

There was no way that smeone who wouldn't appreciate it was getting that picture. Sian lloyd didn't know what had hit her :lol:
Flumpy

Postby Pego » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:36 pm

I had the ElG Lagat duel in 2004. That last 100 was unreal, a battle of wills with neither athlete willing to give in.

I also had Lewis's LJ in 96, the icing to an incredible LJ career.

Now that mump clarified it is indeed so, it was my #2.
Pego

Postby DrJay » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:43 pm

jazz, can I share a jazzcyclist/John Carlos moment? Last summer at the OT some of us were sitting outside the Wild Duck having a beer and burgers when gh pointed to three trim, older-ish salt-and-pepper looking guys standing across the way and said "There's Carlos" (or maybe it was "There's 'Los"). In an instant, jazz was focused on 'Los like a extremely well-trained hunting dog on the point. I even have a (slightly blurry) photo of jazz in that moment, right before he went to get HIS camera and go over to meet the man and get a few pics. Truly one of his heroes, as he mentioned in another thread last year. Can't remember who the other two gentlemen were....former national HS HJ record holder?

PS Has the image uploading function here ever been reactivated?
DrJay

Postby Olli » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:32 pm

mump boy wrote:The medal stand was my No1 and how so many people can have ignored it totally is beyond me.

Maybe most voters are just too young to have experienced this. This applies to me, who was four at the time.

Moreover, I think I recall we were encouraged to send our lists even if we do not have time to consider them so carefully. So what I did was mostly collecting moments that popped into my mind from those Olympics I had enjoyed live (though I added a couple of earlier moments that seemed especially impressive sportwise, such as Bikila and Nurmi).
Olli

Postby mump boy » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:02 am

I'm too young to have experienced it
mump boy

Postby eldanielfire » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:49 am

mump boy wrote:

Yes it is, i've clarified now

I've combined 200m and medal ceremony as they go hand in hand, despite the 200m being a standout it gets added kudos because of what happened after

The medal stand was my No1 and how so many people can have ignored it totally is beyond me. It's not only the best Olympic moments it's one of the best moments full stop of the 20th century.

The fact that i met Tommie Smith and John Carlos last year and Mr Smith signed a poster of this moment, to me :shock: makes it even better

I don't think I voted for it as it's not my favourite. It's one of the more important historical moments and one of the biggest, but not my favourite. This is sport and I enjoy the sport most of all.
eldanielfire

Postby Flumpy » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:06 am

Last summer mump and I went to see John Carlos talk at a cinema near the Olympic stadium. We got there early and nabbed seats right in the centre.

Big Mistake!!!

We went for athletics/Olympic reasons as in our head that's why he's famous but most of the people in attendance saw him as a political figure and an icon of the civil rights movement. Once he started talking he didn't stop for about an hour and a half. He'd be asked a question and then give a long, rambling stream of conciousness in reply, jumping all over the places, making little sense and never getting anywhere near giving a coherant answer. I had literally no idea whta he was going on about. The audience sat there rapt. Hanging off every word and when given the chance asking sychophantic questions about how inspirational he is.

It was torturous. The Olympics were hardly mentioned. I would have left but sitting right in the middle of a row facing Dr Carlos it was impossible. Mump kept nudging me as I fell asleep 4 or 5 times.

By the end local people with causes were trying to get him to sign their petitions and support their fights with the council about housing issues. I just wanted to shout.

'Why did you run such a terrible race and lose the silver medal???'.

We went to a similar event for Tommy Smith a while later which was 100 x better.
Flumpy

Postby TN1965 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:56 am

mump boy wrote:5 Votes

20th

19th

17th

Those three are among my picks. Lewis was already written off by most people. Not medaling in 95WC and barely making the team in 96. I think that one leap in Atlanta made him a much bigger legend. (On a side note, the agony of Powell lying on the pit after his final jump was an equally lasting image.)

Hicham v Kip was the greatest duel I have seen in a middle distance race. Kip is one of my all time favorites, but I was happy for Hicham on that night after the disappointment in 1996 and 2000.

Coe v Ovett was my #1, I think. This was one of the first things I checked when old track races became available on web streaming (even before I ever heard of YouTube). The race itself was not great, but the fact that Ovett first won the gold in Coe's best event made the race really interesting. Imagine what would have happened to Coe's career had he lost that race.
TN1965

Postby mump boy » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:06 pm

TN1965 wrote:
mump boy wrote:5 Votes

20th

19th

17th

Hicham v Kip was the greatest duel I have seen in a middle distance race. Kip is one of my all time favorites, but I was happy for Hicham on that night after the disappointment in 1996 and 2000.

Why do you call Bernie, Kip ??
mump boy

PreviousNext