Kotova Positive

Main message board: for the discussion of topical track & field items only.

Kotova Positive

Postby mump boy » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:28 am

mump boy

Re: Kotova Positive

Postby Flumpy » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:41 am

I'm getting tired of all these retrospective Russian +ives.

Could we please have some American's busted.
Flumpy

Postby Marlow » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:53 am

Flumpy wrote:I'm getting tired of all these retrospective Russian +ives.

or some . . . uh . . . Brits . . .
Marlow

Postby KDFINE » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:07 am

Maybe at the World Championships (and Olympics) they should give out the re-arrangesd medals. They could hold a double ceremony when the medals are handed out for a particular event. With a double ceremony at least the athletes who had been cheated are feted in the presence of their peers. It can never make up for not being honored at the time but it might be the next best thing. Make it a condition of granting any championship.
KDFINE

Postby mump boy » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:51 am

KDFINE wrote:Maybe at the World Championships (and Olympics) they should give out the re-arrangesd medals. They could hold a double ceremony when the medals are handed out for a particular event. With a double ceremony at least the athletes who had been cheated are feted in the presence of their peers. It can never make up for not being honored at the time but it might be the next best thing. Make it a condition of granting any championship.

Totally agree but IAAF prefer to sweep things under the carpet and pretend that haven't happened. They certainly wouldn't want to sully their flagship champs with acknowledgement of drug taking !!
mump boy

Postby nevetsllim » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:55 am

I'm glad they're weeding out cheats but I hope the IAAF/WADA etc are re-testing the samples of athletes beyond Russia, Belarus, Ukraine. Sadly I fear they might choose to steer clear of re-testing some as the outcome probably wouldn't look great for the sport's image.

I always quite liked Kotova but I can't say the news comes as a huge surprise at the same time.
nevetsllim

Postby mump boy » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:00 am

New Medal Positions

WI 06
1 315 Tianna MADISON USA 6.80 PB
2 207 Naide GOMES POR 6.76 NR
3 83 Concepción MONTANER ESP 6.76 SB

WC 07

1 823 Tatyana LEBEDEVA RUS 7.03 +0.3
2 816 Lyudmila KOLCHANOVA RUS 6.92 -0.3
3 761 Naide GOMES POR 6.87

Champs 2 weeks later in '07 so she may technically qualify depending on date of retrospective ban. Don't how that works as she wouldn't have qualified :? :?
mump boy

Postby Dave » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:47 am

I know I'll get flamed for this because I usually do....

IAAF needs to test as vigorously as the technology allows up to the day of the competition. The winner on that day is the winner(pending normal appeals filed within the normal periods).

This business of changing results years after the event is ridiculous.
Dave

Postby mump boy » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:49 am

Dave wrote:I know I'll get flamed for this because I usually do....

IAAF needs to test as vigorously as the technology allows up to the day of the competition. The winner on that day is the winner(pending normal appeals filed within the normal periods).

This business of changing results years after the event is ridiculous.

What total nonsense

Should police not investigate crimes if they don't catch someone a the scene ?!!
mump boy

Postby Flumpy » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:22 am

Marlow wrote:

That would be absolutely fine as well, but historically and statistically we all know that if RUS have had a dozen or so retroactive busts in the 6 months it's completely unbelievable that the USA doesn't have at least as many cheats who are yet to be caught.

Yes Britain may have some too, but we have nothing like the PED history of either of those countries.
Flumpy

Postby Flumpy » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:26 am

mump boy wrote:
What total nonsense

Should police not investigate crimes if they don't catch someone a the scene ?!!

Exactly. This also gives out the message that even if someone gets away with it at the time they can very easily be found out in the future which will hopefully act as a deterent.
Flumpy

Postby Flumpy » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:29 am

mump boy wrote:Champs 2 weeks later in '07 so she may technically qualify depending on date of retrospective ban. Don't how that works as she wouldn't have qualified :? :?

Don't understand this sentence at all??? :?
Flumpy

Postby Marlow » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:06 pm

Flumpy wrote:Yes Britain may have some too, but we have nothing like the PED history of either of those countries.

Which one can attribute (complimentarily!) to a more sophisticated understanding of how to beat the tests. Britain is not fundamentally cleaner than ANY West Bloc First-World country.
Marlow

Postby gh » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:09 pm

Flumpy wrote:
Marlow wrote:

That would be absolutely fine as well, but historically and statistically we all know that if RUS have had a dozen or so retroactive busts in the 6 months it's completely unbelievable that the USA doesn't have at least as many cheats who are yet to be caught.

Yes Britain may have some too, but we have nothing like the PED history of either of those countries.

Only because there was no WADA or USADA around when David Jenkins got busted.
gh

Postby Conor Dary » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:56 pm

gh wrote:
Flumpy wrote:
Marlow wrote:

Only because there was no WADA or USADA around when David Jenkins got busted.

Or when Tom Simpson had his fatal day in the mountains.
Conor Dary

Location: कनोर दारी in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.

Postby Flumpy » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:11 pm

What's David Jenkins got to do with anything???

I'm talking about the last decade and the samples that are now being retested.
Flumpy

Postby Flumpy » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:14 pm

Marlow wrote:Which one can attribute (complimentarily!) to a more sophisticated understanding of how to beat the tests. Britain is not fundamentally cleaner than ANY West Bloc First-World country.

Are you seriously suggesting that Britain has 'a more sophisticated understanding of how to beat tests' than the US or Russia???
Flumpy

Postby Conor Dary » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:17 pm

Flumpy wrote:
Marlow wrote:Which one can attribute (complimentarily!) to a more sophisticated understanding of how to beat the tests. Britain is not fundamentally cleaner than ANY West Bloc First-World country.

Are you seriously suggesting that Britain has 'a more sophisticated understanding of how to beat tests' than the US or Russia???

Except for a handful of athletes is there much of UK track anyways?
Conor Dary

Location: कनोर दारी in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.

Postby gh » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:25 pm

Flumpy wrote:

no, we're suggesting (very strongly) that you quit casting stones where it's not required. Persist in this foolishness and you're gone.
gh