2013 Indoor Results


Main message board: for the discussion of topical track & field items only.

Re: 2013 Indoor Results

Postby t_monk » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:18 pm

ATK wrote:Muna Lee 23.54


Her fastest indoor 200 since 2005....
t_monk
 
Posts: 4329
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:03 pm
Location: New Haven, CT + Kgn, JA

Re: 2013 Indoor Results

Postby fasttrack85 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:52 pm

LNO wrote:Irene Ekelund(SWE) 23.69 age 15!



This is a huge deal!!!!!!!!!!!!
fasttrack85
 
Posts: 510
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:43 pm

Re: 2013 Indoor Results

Postby fasttrack85 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:57 pm

Trisha Ann Hawthorne of Jamaica 23.11 wl. so Jam has some new blood on the up and up.
fasttrack85
 
Posts: 510
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:43 pm

Re: 2013 Indoor Results

Postby fasttrack85 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:00 pm

Cameron Burrell(Leroy Burrell son) 6.69. Only a senior in hs.
fasttrack85
 
Posts: 510
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:43 pm

Re: 2013 Indoor Results

Postby JumboElliott » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:15 pm

fasttrack85 wrote:Trisha Ann Hawthorne of Jamaica 23.11 wl. so Jam has some new blood on the up and up.

Doesn't surprise me. She was a monster at UConn.
JumboElliott
 
Posts: 2111
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:46 am

Re: 2013 Indoor Results

Postby br » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:30 am

Was going through the latest eTrack Newsletter and noticed that 4 Oklahoma State Cowboys ran sub-4 in the mile over the weekend at the Razorback Invitational. Wow.

Mile: 1. -Patrick Casey (Ok) 3:56.28 (5, x AmC); 2. -Thomas Farrell' (OkSt) 3:58.20;
3. *Kirubel Erassa (OkSt) 3:58.24;
4. -Joseph Stilin (Tx) 3:58.66; 5. **Fabian Clarkson' (OkSt) 3:59.47; 6. *Shane Moskowitz (OkSt) 3:59.48 (U.S. sub-4:00 #387);
br
 
Posts: 478
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: 2013 Indoor Results

Postby TxHottrack » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:49 am

jamboy wrote:
t_monk wrote:Muna Lee - 7.21 opener


This pales in comparison to Ahoure's 7.00 60m yesterday.



I was at the meet. It was my first time witnessing a woman runs a 7.00 flat in the 60 meters. Laverne Jones did a good job as well.

1 Murielle Ahoure API 7.00
2 Laverne Jones-Ferrette API 7.13
TxHottrack
 
Posts: 347
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:57 pm

Re: 2013 Indoor Results

Postby jamal00005 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:58 pm

TxHottrack wrote:
jamboy wrote:
t_monk wrote:Muna Lee - 7.21 opener


This pales in comparison to Ahoure's 7.00 60m yesterday.



I was at the meet. It was my first time witnessing a woman runs a 7.00 flat in the 60 meters. Laverne Jones did a good job as well.

1 Murielle Ahoure API 7.00
2 Laverne Jones-Ferrette API 7.13


Ahoure certainly looking good for indoors again! I expect her to lower this time and challenge Fraser price this season indoors .
jamal00005
 
Posts: 1259
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:46 pm

Re: 2013 Indoor Results

Postby Jon » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:39 am

Italy's Alessia Trost jumped 2.00m in Trinec tonight. It equals the world indoor age-19 best set by Yelena Yelesina in 1990.
Jon
 
Posts: 9231
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: 2013 Indoor Results

Postby andyjgt » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:34 pm

UKR:

Zaporizhzhya, 29-30 Jan:

60: Ryemyen 7.16 (7.20ht)
SP: Holodna (91) 18.24
Hep: Melnychenko 4623 (8.30 1.80 13.30 6.39 2:17.01), Fyodorova 4508 (8.77 1.80 14.82 6.26 2:22.36)

BLR:

Mogilyov, 26 Jan:

60H: Talai 8.09
LJ: Mironchyk-Ivanova 6.58, Sudareva 6.52
SP: Kopets 18.44, Yepimashka (ex-Hep) 18.10

Gomel, 23-24 Jan:

Hep: Maksimava 4624 (8.59 1.90 14.45 5.83 2:14.57), Netsvetaeva 4372 (8.57 1.69 14.92 5.83 2:16.32)

Dec: Mikhan 6145 (6.93 7.56 14.81 2.04 8.06 4.70 2:39.06)

LTU:

Vilnius, 26 Jan:

HJ/SP: Skujyte 1.87/16.13
60H: Tamosaityte 8.44, Ikauniece (LAT, Hep) 8.55

HJ: Stanys 2.20

ROU:

Bucuresti, 25-26 Jan: (same meet as Oprea 17.17)

LJ: Deiac 6.60, Marincu (96) 6.44
TJ: Bujin 14.24

HJ: Tufa 2.27
andyjgt
 
Posts: 832
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Deepest Polynesia

Re: 2013 Indoor Results

Postby Per Andersen » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:25 pm

Jon wrote:Italy's Alessia Trost jumped 2.00m in Trinec tonight. It equals the world indoor age-19 best set by Yelena Yelesina in 1990.

Terrific! + Barshim went 2.34, Ukhov failed to make 2.20 and Jesse Williams needed 7 jumps to clear 2.24.
Per Andersen
 
Posts: 3735
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am

Re: 2013 Indoor Results

Postby nianchengyu » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:51 pm

Christina Schwanitz tossed 19.58m leading mark twice in Saßnitz 27 Jan,linz yesterday,while Yevgeniya Kolodko showed her 18.23m irkutsk,25th jan.
nianchengyu
 
Posts: 714
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:32 pm

Re: 2013 Indoor Results

Postby nevetsllim » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:53 pm

nianchengyu wrote:Christina Schwanitz tossed 19.58m leading mark twice in Saßnitz 27 Jan,linz yesterday,while Yevgeniya Kolodko showed her 18.23m irkutsk,25th jan.


Sophie McKinna was second in Linz with 16.38m. Might not sound hugely noteworthy but it broke Myrtle Augee's 29-year-old UK indoor junior record by one centimetre.
nevetsllim
 
Posts: 6261
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005 2:54 am

Re: 2013 Indoor Results

Postby shivfan » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:26 am

Karlsruhe

Womens 3000m

Defar wins in 8:35.28

Mens 60m hurdles

Ortega wins in 7.60
shivfan
 
Posts: 2586
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:30 am
Location: Just outside London

Re: 2013 Indoor Results

Postby shivfan » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:06 am

Womens 60m

1) lalova 7.19
2) sailer 7.20
shivfan
 
Posts: 2586
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:30 am
Location: Just outside London

Re: 2013 Indoor Results

Postby shivfan » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:16 am

Mens 800m

1) lopez 1:46.72
2) adam kszhot
shivfan
 
Posts: 2586
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:30 am
Location: Just outside London

Re: 2013 Indoor Results

Postby aaronk » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:35 pm

Bernard Lagat's 7:34.71 win gives him the age 38 indoor 3K record...and is his fastest 3K indoors since 2008!!
aaronk
 
Posts: 3332
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 9:39 am

Re: 2013 Indoor Results

Postby az2004 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:09 pm

wow, 7:34 gives rupp quite a target for tonight

lagat will still be a facor in moscow it looks like
az2004
 
Posts: 3131
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: 2013 Indoor Results

Postby t_monk » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:39 pm

New Balance
1 Murielle Ahoure IVC 7.07 rt: 0.171
2 Sheri-Ann Brooks JAM 7.26 rt: 0.169
3 Barbara Pierre USA 7.26 rt: 0.146
4 Jeneba Tarmoh USA 7.28 rt: 0.145
5 Shayla Mahan USA 7.32 rt: 0.169
6 Jessica Young USA 7.34 rt: 0.162

Another 7.0x for Ahoure
t_monk
 
Posts: 4329
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:03 pm
Location: New Haven, CT + Kgn, JA

Re: 2013 Indoor Results

Postby aaronk » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:06 pm

az2004 wrote:wow, 7:34 gives rupp quite a target for tonight

lagat will still be a facor in moscow it looks like


Rupp beat Lagat's time tonight, but still finished second!!
aaronk
 
Posts: 3332
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 9:39 am

Re: 2013 Indoor Results

Postby Blues » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:03 pm

aaronk wrote:
az2004 wrote:wow, 7:34 gives rupp quite a target for tonight

lagat will still be a facor in moscow it looks like


Rupp beat Lagat's time tonight, but still finished second!!


And he finished second to Gebrhiwet, whose "official" date of birth is listed as May 11, 1994 making him just 18, who I think might have added another World Junior record to his outdoor world junior 5000 record, if his 7:32.87 holds up..

And for anyone who isn't aware and is interested, the broadcast of the Boston meet is currently available in the Replay section of ESPN3 online if you have access to ESPN3 and want to go back and watch any of the events...
Blues
 
Posts: 1087
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:58 am

Re: 2013 Indoor Results

Postby marknhj » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:42 pm

Per Andersen wrote:
Jon wrote:Italy's Alessia Trost jumped 2.00m in Trinec tonight. It equals the world indoor age-19 best set by Yelena Yelesina in 1990.

Terrific! + Barshim went 2.34, Ukhov failed to make 2.20 and Jesse Williams needed 7 jumps to clear 2.24.


Dusty Jonas 2.34m in Nebraska today.
marknhj
 
Posts: 5070
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: 2013 Indoor Results

Postby LNO » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:32 am

LNO wrote:Irene Ekelund(SWE) 23.69 age 15!


And today: 7.38,23.52!
LNO
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:34 am

Re: 2013 Indoor Results

Postby LopenUupunut » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:46 am

International highlights from Tampere:

mLJ:
1. Khotso Mokoena RSA 801
2. Eero Haapala 799

wTJ:
1. Tatyana Lebedeva 13.82
LopenUupunut
 
Posts: 2510
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:20 pm
Location: Sleeping in Finland

Re: 2013 Indoor Results

Postby nevetsllim » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:11 am

Bleasdale cleared 4.75m to win the pole-vault in Moscow. That's her second best ever vault and a European-lead by more than 10cm.

Barshim also equalled his Asian indoor record of 2.37m (also a WL) in the high jump. He goes head-to-head with Dmitrik, who held the old WL of 2.36m before today, in Banska Bystrica midweek.
nevetsllim
 
Posts: 6261
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005 2:54 am

Re: 2013 Indoor Results

Postby Blues » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:12 am

LNO wrote:
LNO wrote:Irene Ekelund(SWE) 23.69 age 15!


And today: 7.38,23.52!


Seems this young lady has a ton of potential, especially considering that she'll get stronger and possibly move up to even higher level coaching in the future. She'll turn 16 in March.. Video of her 23.69 from last week is below. Her 23.52 would currently rank 10th on the TFRRS USA Division 1 Collegiate list.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vNPTx_O8Gg
Last edited by Blues on Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blues
 
Posts: 1087
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:58 am

Re: 2013 Indoor Results

Postby Marlow » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:14 am

marknhj wrote:
Per Andersen wrote:
Jon wrote:Italy's Alessia Trost jumped 2.00m in Trinec tonight. It equals the world indoor age-19 best set by Yelena Yelesina in 1990.

Terrific! + Barshim went 2.34, Ukhov failed to make 2.20 and Jesse Williams needed 7 jumps to clear 2.24.

Dusty Jonas 2.34m in Nebraska today.

and now Barshim 2.37 in Russia.
Marlow
 
Posts: 21075
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:00 pm
Location: Somewhere over the . . . hill

Re: 2013 Indoor Results

Postby az2004 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:19 am

Blues wrote:
aaronk wrote:
az2004 wrote:wow, 7:34 gives rupp quite a target for tonight

lagat will still be a facor in moscow it looks like


Rupp beat Lagat's time tonight, but still finished second!!


And he finished second to Gebrhiwet, whose "official" date of birth is listed as May 11, 1994 making him just 18, who I think might have added another World Junior record to his outdoor world junior 5000 record, if his 7:32.87 holds up..

And for anyone who isn't aware and is interested, the broadcast of the Boston meet is currently available in the Replay section of ESPN3 online if you have access to ESPN3 and want to go back and watch any of the events...



i,m waiting for espn2 to catch the move better than my pc screen hd tv is better

i dont know if the kid had it planned, but he did get a large enough gap on rupp to win
az2004
 
Posts: 3131
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: 2013 Indoor Results

Postby stoffert » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:49 am

Irene Ekelund SWE born 1997;

7,38 60m
23,52 200m
stoffert
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:17 am

Re: 2013 Indoor Results

Postby Per Andersen » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:11 pm

Marlow wrote:
marknhj wrote:
Per Andersen wrote:
Jon wrote:Italy's Alessia Trost jumped 2.00m in Trinec tonight. It equals the world indoor age-19 best set by Yelena Yelesina in 1990.

Terrific! + Barshim went 2.34, Ukhov failed to make 2.20 and Jesse Williams needed 7 jumps to clear 2.24.

Dusty Jonas 2.34m in Nebraska today.

and now Barshim 2.37 in Russia.

And note, Barshim cleared 2.30 and went directly to 2.37 :!: first time clearance.

Have to wonder about Williams & Ukhov though.
Per Andersen
 
Posts: 3735
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am

Re: 2013 Indoor Results

Postby nianchengyu » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:25 am

18-year-old Nafissatou Thiam of BEL scored 4558p/ 8.65 1.84 14.00 6.30 2:21.18, :D ,Michelle Carter 18.35m SP,Ryan Whiting 21.59m world-leading mark.
nianchengyu
 
Posts: 714
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:32 pm

Re: 2013 Indoor Results

Postby mump boy » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:32 am

Blues wrote:
LNO wrote:
LNO wrote:Irene Ekelund(SWE) 23.69 age 15!


And today: 7.38,23.52!


Seems this young lady has a ton of potential, especially considering that she'll get stronger and possibly move up to even higher level coaching in the future. She'll turn 16 in March.. Video of her 23.69 from last week is below. Her 23.52 would currently rank 10th on the TFRRS USA Division 1 Collegiate list.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vNPTx_O8Gg


BUt how many female teenage sprint prodigies go on to improve as adults ? in the UK it's practically none :(
mump boy
 
Posts: 5636
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: saaaaaarf london

Re: 2013 Indoor Results

Postby eldanielfire » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:38 pm

mump boy wrote:
Blues wrote:
LNO wrote:
LNO wrote:Irene Ekelund(SWE) 23.69 age 15!


And today: 7.38,23.52!


Seems this young lady has a ton of potential, especially considering that she'll get stronger and possibly move up to even higher level coaching in the future. She'll turn 16 in March.. Video of her 23.69 from last week is below. Her 23.52 would currently rank 10th on the TFRRS USA Division 1 Collegiate list.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vNPTx_O8Gg


BUt how many female teenage sprint prodigies go on to improve as adults ? in the UK it's practically none :(


Sweden seem to have a good track record in getting talented kids to adult elite performers. However the Uk seems to be getting better. The likes of Jess Judd, Johnson-Thompson, etc of recent breakthrough years appear to be genuinely bucking the former trend.
eldanielfire
 
Posts: 1316
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:07 am

Re: 2013 Indoor Results

Postby mump boy » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:45 pm

They're still teenagers
mump boy
 
Posts: 5636
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: saaaaaarf london

Re: 2013 Indoor Results

Postby 26mi235 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:53 pm

Shaun Barber freshman 18-3¾ (5.58m) and earlier NCAA leader at 18-4 (5.60m),
Japheth Cato, Wisconsin, 6024 Heptathlon

Barbara Geubelle, Kansas, 21-11½ (6.69m)
26mi235
 
Posts: 16313
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Madison, WI

Re: 2013 Indoor Results

Postby eldanielfire » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:04 pm

mump boy wrote:They're still teenagers



Whoa re already clocking elite athlete perfromances. The UK has had prior problems bringing talent to adult ability, not in athletes going backwards in their teenage years. We are now getting some already bucking this trend.
eldanielfire
 
Posts: 1316
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:07 am

Re: 2013 Indoor Results

Postby fasttrack85 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:38 pm

Surprised no one mentioned Kimberlyn Duncan's 7.16 at the armory. She has dropped her 60 pr twice in a row. I am sure that will transfer well to the longer distances outdoors.
fasttrack85
 
Posts: 510
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:43 pm

Re: 2013 Indoor Results

Postby fasttrack85 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:42 pm

Also big.... Janay Deloach well known for long jump wins 60 meter hurdles in Boston in 7.97.
fasttrack85
 
Posts: 510
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:43 pm

Re: 2013 Indoor Results

Postby fasttrack85 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:30 pm

stoffert wrote:Irene Ekelund SWE born 1997;

7,38 60m
23,52 200m



I will be following this girl closely. It is going to take alot to screw up the natural talent that she has. In perspective she is probably capable of running around 23 flat outdoors in the middle of winter. Her numbers right now are reminding me of Allyson Felix and Marion Jones. She is def one to watch.
fasttrack85
 
Posts: 510
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:43 pm

Re: 2013 Indoor Results

Postby jazzcyclist » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:38 pm

fasttrack85 wrote:Surprised no one mentioned Kimberlyn Duncan's 7.16 at the armory. She has dropped her 60 pr twice in a row. I am sure that will transfer well to the longer distances outdoors.

There's a post-race interview with her at LSU Track & Field's facebook.
jazzcyclist
 
Posts: 10857
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], lonewolf, t_monk and 10 guests