Cinema Sins

A place for the discussion of all things not closely related to the sport and its competitive side. (as always, locked for the duration of major international championship)

Cinema Sins

Postby gh » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:28 pm

a collection of YouTube vids in which a couple of guys from Nashville critique the major movies, pointing out what's wrong. My wife is find of saying "It's only a movie" but these guys cut no such slack.

http://www.youtube.com/user/CinemaSins
gh

Re: Cinema Sins

Postby Marlow » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:56 pm

gh wrote:a collection of YouTube vids in which a couple of guys from Nashville critique the major movies, pointing out what's wrong. My wife is find of saying "It's only a movie" but these guys cut no such slack.
http://www.youtube.com/user/CinemaSins

Unlike the print media, anyone with half a brain (as is the case here) can post whatever they want on the web with no editorial oversight. Editors exist for a reason. One's unrestrained opinion is as worthless as the next, which we see every day right here, present company NOT excepted! :D
Marlow

Postby gh » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:12 pm

disparage to your heart's content... according to the newspaper article that pointed me to the site, they've racked up more than 1.8 million YouTube views with their product. Poor amateurs are just abject failures to be pitied, obviously.
gh

Postby Marlow » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:17 pm

gh wrote:disparage to your heart's content... according to the newspaper article that pointed me to the site, they've racked up more than 1.8 million YouTube views with their product.

That's your criterion of aesthetic merit? Youtube rewards buffoons all the time - they amuse us.
Marlow

Postby Daisy » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:48 pm

gh wrote:My wife is find of saying "It's only a movie" but these guys cut no such slack.

Your wife is pretty astute. How can you enjoy the show if you're going to spend the whole time nit picking. Just defeats the whole object of being there in the first place.
Daisy

Postby jeremyp » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:45 pm

With the movies I saw them review I'd have to say: "I can do that in 2 minutes."
jeremyp