2012 College Football


A place for the discussion of all things not closely related to the sport and its competitive side. (as always, locked for the duration of major international championship)

Re: 2012 College Football

Postby jhc68 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:57 pm

As for the BCS BS Championship, for me this is tough to even think about.

Since I have abhorred both ND and Bama for most of my life the only satisfactory result of the game would be for one of the teams (I don't care which) to absolutely destroy the other, this exposing the loser as an over-rated fraud !!!

A close game would just re-inforce the propaganda machines for TD Jesus and the all-powerful SEC. Ptooeey...
jhc68
 
Posts: 3290
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am

Re: 2012 College Football

Postby jazzcyclist » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:19 am

College football has become one big money grab and now even Boise State is getting in on the action.
A little more than a year ago, Boise State surveyed the college football landscape and made a head-scratching -- and completely unconventional move -- joining a league based 2,600 miles away for football only.

The bottom line then: The Big East offered the potential for an automatic bid into the BCS and much more money out of a renegotiated television contract, two major lifelines that would ensure the Broncos' national relevance into the future.

Today, Boise State surveyed the college football landscape and made yet another decision, a conventional one this time. The best program outside the automatic-qualifying conferences chose to spurn the Big East to stay in its current home, the Mountain West, a league that provides a better geographical fit, a spot for all its sports and the potential to earn much more money out of a renegotiated television deal. . . . . . .

As a way to keep Boise State in the fold, the Mountain West renegotiated its television deal with its primary network partner, CBS Sports Network. The league will guarantee the rights to Boise State home football games that are sold as a separate package. In addition, Boise State and other football teams in the Mountain West that appear on national television (ESPN, ESPN2, ABC, NBC, CBS and Fox) will be paid a bonus of $300,000 per game, with an additional $200,000 for a Saturday game.

Wonder who will get the lion's share of those appearances?

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigeast/post/_/ ... o-big-east
jazzcyclist
 
Posts: 10860
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: 2012 College Football

Postby Marlow » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:29 am

jazzcyclist wrote:College football has become one big money grab and now even Boise State is getting in on the action.
A little more than a year ago, Boise State surveyed the college football landscape and made a move [to the] Big East [which] offered the potential for an automatic bid into the BCS and much more money . . . [and then reneged when] the potential to earn much more money out of a renegotiated television deal.

Big-time D1 football used to be about . . . sports, but now it's been reduced to two things
1. Name recognition, which leads to more applications and more booster money.
2. Revenue, namely football's ability to float the rest of the Athletic Dept.
Marlow
 
Posts: 21088
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:00 pm
Location: Somewhere over the . . . hill

Re: 2012 College Football

Postby donley2 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:10 pm

Marlow wrote:There's exactly three games to watch:

Rose - today (probably only of interest to Pac-8/10/12/14/etc. or Big-10/12/14/etc. fans)
Fiesta - Thursday
BCS - Monday

Then there's some of train-wreck (David vs. Goliath) interest:

Orange - today
Sugar - tomorrow

and, of course, the

Johnny Football (Heisman) [Cotton] Bowl - Friday


So I agree with your number (3) but will substitute Johnny football for the Rose as the whole Wisconsin with 5 losses just blows the excitement even if they win. So in summary as stated above a couple times a bit sad when Jan 1st is over and the must watch games are just getting ready to start.
donley2
 
Posts: 2060
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Fort Worth, Texas

Re: 2012 College Football

Postby guru » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:09 pm

Somehow Louisville didnt get the memo they're 14 point dogs...
guru
 
Posts: 10266
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Strava, racking KOMs https://tinyurl.com/qf2ntch

Re: 2012 College Football

Postby Marlow » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:11 pm

guru wrote:Somehow Louisville didnt get the memo they're 14 point dogs...

UP by 14 at the half. Gators can only hope they're 'wearing down' L-ville, which doesn't look like it's happening.
Marlow
 
Posts: 21088
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:00 pm
Location: Somewhere over the . . . hill

Re: 2012 College Football

Postby jazzcyclist » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:29 pm

Did anyone else catch Brigetta Barrett's beautiful national anthem performance before tonight's Fiesta Bowl? It's a good thing for Kimberlyn that the Bowerman doesn't include a talent competition.
jazzcyclist
 
Posts: 10860
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: 2012 College Football

Postby jazzcyclist » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:36 pm

That didn't take long. It's only fitting that he leaned at the finish line, err goal line, when he got to the end zone.
jazzcyclist
 
Posts: 10860
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: 2012 College Football

Postby Marlow » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:35 pm

Despite living only 1.5 hrs from Gatorville, I was glad to see them spanked by L'ville. Tebow notwithstanding, they tend to be a little too full of themselves. The Seminoles, meanwhile, took care of business in methodical manner.
Marlow
 
Posts: 21088
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:00 pm
Location: Somewhere over the . . . hill

Re: 2012 College Football

Postby jazzcyclist » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:31 pm

Marlow wrote:Despite living only 1.5 hrs from Gatorville, I was glad to see them spanked by L'ville. Tebow notwithstanding, they tend to be a little too full of themselves. The Seminoles, meanwhile, took care of business in methodical manner.

I think SEC fans everywhere need to get their comeuppance to cure them of their nauseating sense of entitlement. I live five minutes from LSU, and not only does the loss on Monday not really bother me, but I would love to see the SEC go 0-3 in their last three bowl games culminating with a humiliating, lopsided defeat on Monday.

As far Florida State, they let Northern Illinois hang around much longer than they should have, and they didn't look like a top ten team IMO.
jazzcyclist
 
Posts: 10860
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: 2012 College Football

Postby guru » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:27 am

jazzcyclist wrote:That didn't take long. It's only fitting that he leaned at the finish line, err goal line, when he got to the end zone.


Impressive. Thomas(10.57/21.35) 94 yards in full football gear +/- 10 seconds(clock read 14:50 when he crossed the goal line). ESPN "clocked" him in 26.03 MPH(I'd sure like to know how they came up with THAT lol).
guru
 
Posts: 10266
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Strava, racking KOMs https://tinyurl.com/qf2ntch

Re: 2012 College Football

Postby jazzcyclist » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:59 am

guru wrote:ESPN "clocked" him in 26.03 MPH(I'd sure like to know how they came up with THAT lol).

I saw that and immediately called bullshit.
jazzcyclist
 
Posts: 10860
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: 2012 College Football

Postby jazzcyclist » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:05 pm

The Fiesta Bowl featured three tributes to track and field last night. I mentioned two of them on the previous page. True track fans should be able to recognize the third in this Fiesta Bowl promo by Modern Family's Ty Burrell and Eric Stonestreet.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8799274
jazzcyclist
 
Posts: 10860
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: 2012 College Football

Postby Marlow » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:06 pm

jazzcyclist wrote:As far Florida State, they let Northern Illinois hang around much longer than they should have, and they didn't look like a top ten team IMO.

Almost all decent teams can hang with anyone for a half, but then speed and depth start to tell. Even Florida actually did mount a comeback, but far too little, far too late.
Marlow
 
Posts: 21088
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:00 pm
Location: Somewhere over the . . . hill

Re: 2012 College Football

Postby jazzcyclist » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:13 pm

Marlow wrote:
jazzcyclist wrote:As far Florida State, they let Northern Illinois hang around much longer than they should have, and they didn't look like a top ten team IMO.

Almost all decent teams can hang with anyone for a half, but then speed and depth start to tell. Even Florida actually did mount a comeback, but far too little, far too late.

A much better and undefeated Hawaii team couldn't hang with Georgia for a half in the 2008 Sugar Bowl. Iowa, who finshed second to last in the Big 10, is the only AQ-coonference team Northern Illinois played all year, and they lost to them.
jazzcyclist
 
Posts: 10860
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: 2012 College Football

Postby lonewolf » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:30 pm

Question for the rules mavens:

If the ball carrier stays inbounds, does the football have to cross the goal line within the sidelines to count as a TD or is it sufficient if it crosses the extended goal line.

Inquiry prompted by Johnny Football's first touchdown tonight in the Cotton Bowl.. as he neared the goal line running down the left sideline, he switched the ball to his left hand and skipped into the end zone with left arm extended.. I have not seen a replay from that angle but my immediate impression was that the ball was outside the end zone side line when it crossed the extended goal line.
Not that one touchdown would have made any difference. :)
lonewolf
 
Posts: 8814
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Indian Territory

Re: 2012 College Football

Postby Bruce Kritzler » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:51 pm

lonewolf wrote:Question for the rules mavens: If the ball carrier stays inbounds, does the football have to cross the goal line within the sidelines to count as a TD or is it sufficient if it crosses the extended goal line.


If a receiver catches the ball in the end-zone, he only needs to get a foot down to score a TD. So, I'm guessing same holds true for a runner.
Bruce Kritzler
 
Posts: 3127
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: 2012 College Football

Postby lonewolf » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:06 pm

Bruce Kritzler wrote:
lonewolf wrote:Question for the rules mavens: If the ball carrier stays inbounds, does the football have to cross the goal line within the sidelines to count as a TD or is it sufficient if it crosses the extended goal line.


If a receiver catches the ball in the end-zone, he only needs to get a foot down to score a TD. So, I'm guessing same holds true for a runner.

True, but in that case the ball would have crossed the goal line within the side lines.
lonewolf
 
Posts: 8814
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Indian Territory

Re: 2012 College Football

Postby Blues » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:09 am

lonewolf wrote:
Bruce Kritzler wrote:
lonewolf wrote:Question for the rules mavens: If the ball carrier stays inbounds, does the football have to cross the goal line within the sidelines to count as a TD or is it sufficient if it crosses the extended goal line.


If a receiver catches the ball in the end-zone, he only needs to get a foot down to score a TD. So, I'm guessing same holds true for a runner.

True, but in that case the ball would have crossed the goal line within the side lines.


Even if the ball crosses outside the pylon, it's a touchdown if the ball carrier touches the end zone or goal line in bounds.. Rule 8, section 2 in the NCAA rules linked to below. Good examples are given in the later Interpretations section under Rule 8, section 2, and parts VI and VII apply to this scenario.

As stated in the rules:

A touchdown shall be scored when:

a. A ball carrier advancing from the field of play has possession of a live ball when it penetrates the plane of the opponent’s goal line. This plane extends beyond the pylons only for a player who touches the ground in the end zone or a pylon. (A.R. 2-23-1-I and A.R. 8-2-1-I-IX).

http://www.ncaapublications.com/product ... s/FR13.pdf
Blues
 
Posts: 1090
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:58 am

Re: 2012 College Football

Postby lonewolf » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:59 pm

That is the answer. Thank you, Blues.
lonewolf
 
Posts: 8814
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Indian Territory

Re: 2012 College Football

Postby Tuariki » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:52 pm

Rules, no rules. Who cares, Johnny Football is certainly the real deal.

Reminded me of Tiny Tim tiptoe-ing through the tulips.
Tuariki
 
Posts: 1300
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:39 pm
Location: Rohe o Te Whanau a Apanui

Re: 2012 College Football

Postby lonewolf » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:20 pm

Tuariki wrote:Rules, no rules. Who cares, Johnny Football is certainly the real deal. .

Yep, he made a believer out of me.
lonewolf
 
Posts: 8814
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Indian Territory

Re: 2012 College Football

Postby jazzcyclist » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:51 pm

Matchups and timing mean everything. The same Florida defense that got carved up by Louisville's Teddy Bridgewater shut down Johnny Manziel and Georgia's Arron Murray.
jazzcyclist
 
Posts: 10860
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: 2012 College Football

Postby guru » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:03 pm

jazzcyclist wrote:Matchups and timing mean everything.



I'm not sure it was matchups or timing. You had a coach(Strong) who was extremely motivated after being passed over for the Florida job, despite the fact he was already on the staff at the time, while his team was prepared to go through hell for him after he turned down Tennessee to stay at Louisville. Then you had a Florida team that had been told for a month all they had to do was show up and the game would be over. The outcome was predictable.
guru
 
Posts: 10266
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Strava, racking KOMs https://tinyurl.com/qf2ntch

Re: 2012 College Football

Postby jazzcyclist » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:13 pm

guru wrote:
jazzcyclist wrote:Matchups and timing mean everything.

I'm not sure it was matchups or timing. You had a coach(Strong) who was extremely motivated after being passed over for the Florida job, despite the fact he was already on the staff at the time, while his team was prepared to go through hell for him after he turned down Tennessee to stay at Louisville.

Yeah, but Strong was just coaching, not playing.
guru wrote:Then you had a Florida team that had been told for a month all they had to do was show up and the game would be over. The outcome was predictable.

That sounds very similar to what the Florida State team had been hearing for a month. Was that outcome predictable too?

EDIT: FYI, according to the Vegas wise guys, Louisville's Orange Bowl win was the biggest upset in BCS history. TCU was favored over Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl and Boise State had a higher BCS ranking than Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl.
jazzcyclist
 
Posts: 10860
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: 2012 College Football

Postby Marlow » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:17 pm

Today's word is 'nightmare', as in what the Irish Faithful are experiencing as Bama exposes ND's glaring weaknesses. 28-0 at half. Wow.
Marlow
 
Posts: 21088
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:00 pm
Location: Somewhere over the . . . hill

Re: 2012 College Football

Postby guru » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:22 pm

Thing is, if Ohio State AD Gene Smith had passed on the Gator Bowl last year as a self-imposed bowl ban, Bama wouldn't even be playing tonight. It's got to be killing Urban Meyer.
guru
 
Posts: 10266
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Strava, racking KOMs https://tinyurl.com/qf2ntch

Re: 2012 College Football

Postby jhc68 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:37 pm

Poof !!!
Has there been a worse rout in a game between #1 and #2 ranked teams?
jhc68
 
Posts: 3290
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am

Re: 2012 College Football

Postby KevinM » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:44 am

jhc68 wrote:Poof !!!
Has there been a worse rout in a game between #1 and #2 ranked teams?


#1 Nebraska beat #2 Florida 62-24 in the 1996 Fiesta Bowl.
KevinM
 
Posts: 2647
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Re: 2012 College Football

Postby Marlow » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:54 am

As much as I don't like Bama, I like that the insufferable ND fans got their comeuppance.
Watching the talking heads for the last coupla days, those that favored Bama acknowledged the seriousness of the task at hand. The ND fawners talked about the fact that Bama wouldn't even get a TD against the Irish D. :roll:

Time to reiterate the idea that the Bama team last night could have handled many pro teams of only 30 years ago. Just look at the size of the Bama O and D lines and the power of their RBs and tell me they couldn't be effective back then.
Marlow
 
Posts: 21088
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:00 pm
Location: Somewhere over the . . . hill

Re: 2012 College Football

Postby guru » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:57 am

Marlow wrote:
Time to reiterate the idea that the Bama team last night could have handled many pro teams of only 30 years ago. Just look at the size of the Bama O and D lines and the power of their RBs and tell me they couldn't be effective back then.



And yet Johnny Football beat them, and Georgia came up just 5 yards short.

One more year until the playoffs
guru
 
Posts: 10266
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Strava, racking KOMs https://tinyurl.com/qf2ntch

Re: 2012 College Football

Postby Marlow » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:07 am

guru wrote:And yet Johnny Football beat them, and Georgia came up just 5 yards short.
One more year until the playoffs

Everyone gets an off-game (and it took Johnny FOOTBALL to do it). I'll grant that ND was 'off' last night, but Bama was 'ON' (!) and would have handled TA&M last night.

The 4-team play-off won't settle all that much, because individual games are still about what 'breaks' you get (receivers bobbling passes that are intercepted, weird fumbles, untimely penalties, a missed tackle that leads to a TD, etc. - T'eo much?!) .
Marlow
 
Posts: 21088
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:00 pm
Location: Somewhere over the . . . hill

Re: 2012 College Football

Postby Conor Dary » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:44 am

Well that was sure fun last night. Glad to see ND get pounded, even though I dislike Alabama.
ND was so overrated with a fairly easy schedule and luck to boot. Should have lost to Stanford at home, barely beat BYU at home and met USC without their QB.

Oregon, Alabama would have been a much better pairing.

On to 2013!
Conor Dary
 
Posts: 6297
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: कनोर दारी in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.

Re: 2012 College Football

Postby jazzcyclist » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:52 am

guru wrote:Thing is, if Ohio State AD Gene Smith had passed on the Gator Bowl last year as a self-imposed bowl ban, Bama wouldn't even be playing tonight. It's got to be killing Urban Meyer.

I'm not so sure about that. Ohio State has weak computer rankings due to an unusually weak schedule.
jazzcyclist
 
Posts: 10860
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: 2012 College Football

Postby Conor Dary » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:57 am

jazzcyclist wrote:
guru wrote:Thing is, if Ohio State AD Gene Smith had passed on the Gator Bowl last year as a self-imposed bowl ban, Bama wouldn't even be playing tonight. It's got to be killing Urban Meyer.

I'm not so sure about that. Ohio State has weak computer rankings due to an unusually weak schedule.


Yes, the Big 10 was a big suck this year. And remember ND barely beat Michigan who got pounded by Alabama back in September.

As for the computer rankings, which put ND first, ha...

    This wasn't Catholics vs. Cousins as the souvenir T-shirts mocked. This was Men vs. Boys. Only the BCS computers looked worse than Notre Dame did. Has a 12-1 team ever been more exposed in a big game?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/co ... 297.column
Conor Dary
 
Posts: 6297
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: कनोर दारी in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.

Re: 2012 College Football

Postby jazzcyclist » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:09 am

jhc68 wrote:Poof !!!
Has there been a worse rout in a game between #1 and #2 ranked teams?

2004 BCS Championship Game
USC 55 - Oklahoma 19

If the referees hadn't spotted Alabama a touchdown in the first quarter, the final score might have been 35-21, which is pretty close to what the Vegas wise guys were predicting. What really surprised me was Notre Dame's poor tackling on plays on which their defensive front seven had seemingly blown up the play and were in position to tackle the running back for a loss. What had to have been frustrating for Kelly is that quite a few of these missed tackles happened on third down, which means that Alabama would have been forced to punt if the tackles were made.

The biggest discrepency I saw was in the secondary. Alabama's recievers were running wild and making McCarron's job easy whenever he needed to throw the ball. On the other hand, Notre Dame's recievers were covered all night, forcing Golson to throw into very tiny passing windows.
jazzcyclist
 
Posts: 10860
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: 2012 College Football

Postby jazzcyclist » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:15 am

Conor Dary wrote:
jazzcyclist wrote:
guru wrote:Thing is, if Ohio State AD Gene Smith had passed on the Gator Bowl last year as a self-imposed bowl ban, Bama wouldn't even be playing tonight. It's got to be killing Urban Meyer.

I'm not so sure about that. Ohio State has weak computer rankings due to an unusually weak schedule.


Yes, the Big 10 was a big suck this year. And remember ND barely beat Michigan who got pounded by Alabama back in September.

Notre Dame's defense dominated Michigan as thoroughly Alabama's defense did but at the beginning of the season they had no offense, which made their games close.

Conor Dary wrote:As for the computer rankings, which put ND first, ha...

    This wasn't Catholics vs. Cousins as the souvenir T-shirts mocked. This was Men vs. Boys. Only the BCS computers looked worse than Notre Dame did. Has a 12-1 team ever been more exposed in a big game?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/co ... 297.column

Some folks have short memories. The general consensus at my workplace today is that LSU looked worse last year than Notre Dame last night. Then there's Nebraska in 2001, Oklahoma in 2004 and Ohio State in 2006.
jazzcyclist
 
Posts: 10860
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: 2012 College Football

Postby gh » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:17 am

this was one of my classic "earthquake" games: the only satisfactory outcome would be for both teams to run into the stadium, a 10.0 temblor rips the field asunder and swallow both, and then an aftershock closes the hole back up. ahhh......
gh
 
Posts: 46327
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am
Location: firmly at Arya's side!

Re: 2012 College Football

Postby Conor Dary » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:31 am

gh wrote:this was one of my classic "earthquake" games: the only satisfactory outcome would be for both teams to run into the stadium, a 10.0 temblor rips the field asunder and swallow both, and then an aftershock closes the hole back up. ahhh......


Well, yes, that would have been nice...but I got the next best thing....ho, ho...
Conor Dary
 
Posts: 6297
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: कनोर दारी in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.

Re: 2012 College Football

Postby jazzcyclist » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:34 am

Conor Dary wrote:Well that was sure fun last night. Glad to see ND get pounded, even though I dislike Alabama.
ND was so overrated with a fairly easy schedule and luck to boot. Should have lost to Stanford at home, barely beat BYU at home and met USC without their QB.

Overrated? Easy schedule? Not by any objective measure. They started out the season unranked and only rose to #1 by default. Where else are you going to rank the only undefeated team? Notre Dame would have been on the outside looking in if Kansas State and Oregon hadn't pooped their pants.

As for their schedule, keep in mind that they were the only team in FBS that didn't have a single game against an FCS team or a non-AQ team. The week that Alabama played Western Kentucky, Notre Dame played Purdue. The week that Alabama played Florida Atlantic, Notre Dame played Michigan. And the week that Alabama played Western Carolina (FCS), Notre Dame played Wake Forest. One of the reasons the computers liked Notre Dame so much is that they didn't have any glorified scrimmages on their schedule.

Conor Dary wrote:Oregon, Alabama would have been a much better pairing.

Time and time again over the last five years, Oregon's basketball-on-grass has proven that it struggles with anyone who plays solid old-school defense.
jazzcyclist
 
Posts: 10860
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests