De'Anthony Thomas breaking tape on TD

A place for the discussion of all things not closely related to the sport and its competitive side. (as always, locked for the duration of major international championship)

De'Anthony Thomas breaking tape on TD

Postby BillVol » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:13 am

Guessing most have seen Oregon's Thomas simulating breaking the tape at the goal line after his long kickoff return against Kansas State. Pretty cool and a nice tribute to track and field and Oregon T&F.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbbUFyrQO8s
BillVol

Re: De'Anthony Thomas breaking tape on TD

Postby Conor Dary » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:25 am

Not only that, but during the game they had 2 'fans' from each team in some living room or something, and the Duck guy had a Go Pre shirt on.

Oregon was awesome last night. They should be ranked no. 2 in the end.
Conor Dary

Location: कनोर दारी in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.

Postby BillVol » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:42 am

Conor Dary wrote:Not only that, but during the game they had 2 'fans' from each team in some living room or something, and the Duck guy had a Go Pre shirt on.

Oregon was awesome last night. They should be ranked no. 2 in the end.

Dang I missed that. I'm going to try to find it when I get back in a bit.

Actually, I guess I should have posted that Thomas simulated crossing the finish line rather than breaking the tape.
BillVol

Postby Marlow » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:47 am

Conor Dary wrote:Oregon was awesome last night. They should be ranked no. 2 in the end.

Then Stanford is #1. They beat Oregon and if you watch the replay of the end of the ND game, they won that game too. :D
Marlow

Postby jazzcyclist » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:00 pm

BillVol wrote:Guessing most have seen Oregon's Thomas simulating breaking the tape at the goal line after his long kickoff return against Kansas State. Pretty cool and a nice tribute to track and field and Oregon T&F.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbbUFyrQO8s

viewtopic.php?p=809029#p809029
jazzcyclist

Postby Conor Dary » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:07 pm

Marlow wrote:
Conor Dary wrote:Oregon was awesome last night. They should be ranked no. 2 in the end.

Then Stanford is #1. They beat Oregon and if you watch the replay of the end of the ND game, they won that game too. :D

Sorry, but it doesn't work that way. And yes, Stanford did win that game.
Conor Dary

Location: कनोर दारी in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.

Postby Marlow » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:40 pm

Conor Dary wrote:
Marlow wrote:

Sorry, but it doesn't work that way. And yes, Stanford did win that game.

Yeah, it do - they're both 1-loss, and the Farmers won the head-to-head, which is always the first tie-breaker!
Marlow

Postby Conor Dary » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:33 pm

Enough about Stanford and Oregon...ancient history....

How about that one point safety on the extra point try? I didn't know such a thing existed.
Conor Dary

Postby dukehjsteve » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:15 pm

Conor Dary wrote:Enough about Stanford and Oregon...ancient history....

How about that one point safety on the extra point try? I didn't know such a thing existed.

Have not seen a paper or anything about this.....what happened ?
dukehjsteve

Postby Conor Dary » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:26 pm

dukehjsteve wrote:
Conor Dary wrote:Enough about Stanford and Oregon...ancient history....

Have not seen a paper or anything about this.....what happened ?

After Javonta Boyd burst through the Ducks' line to block the kick, Wildcats defensive end Ryan Mueller caught the tipped ball at approximately the 2-yard line and retreated into the end zone as he tried to set up a return. As he was being enveloped by defenders, Mueller pitched the ball to teammate Allen Chapman, who couldn't control the lateral toss. He was pulled to the ground, in the end zone, by Oregon lineman Jake Fisher. And, we'll let Cherry take it from here:

"On the previous play, we have an unusual ruling. The ball was blocked, caught, carried back into the end zone and declared dead by the defense. That play results in a one-point safety."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/0 ... 06675.html
Conor Dary