Happy Holidays

A place for the discussion of all things not closely related to the sport and its competitive side. (as always, locked for the duration of major international championship)

Happy Holidays

Postby shivfan » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:14 am

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to posters on the most thought-provoking athletics messageboard...
8-)
shivfan

Re: Happy Holidays

Postby aaronk » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:29 pm

shivfan wrote:Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to posters on the most thought-provoking athletics messageboard...
8-)

Amen!!
I second that emotion!!

Been a T&F....and T&FN.....fan forever (since 1962), but only joined the Message Board on May 6th of this year!!

And, for the most part, :roll: , I agree with your sentiments!!

Merry Christmas!!
God bless us, everyone!!
aaronk

Postby Pego » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:42 pm

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year everybody.
Pego

Postby Daisy » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:04 pm

Ditto
Daisy

Postby Marlow » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:00 pm

Bah humbug! Being with my family at church, at dinner, and opening presents is such a DRAAAAAAAG! A child's laughter is soooooo over-rated. Seeing their faces light up? BOOOOOORING!

So I am certainly NOT going to wish you and yours the same mind-numbing ennui I'm having to endure!
Marlow

Postby Blues » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:17 pm

Marlow wrote:Bah humbug! Being with my family at church, at dinner, and opening presents is such a DRAAAAAAAG! A child's laughter is soooooo over-rated. Seeing their faces light up? BOOOOOORING!

So I am certainly NOT going to wish you and yours the same mind-numbing ennui I'm having to endure!

:shock: :shock: And to think that I was just about to pencil in Anthony Treacher as the all time greatest curmudgeon in the history of Track & Field News.. :wink:

All kidding aside though, thanks to everybody who expressed holiday wishes for us all.. I hope everyone here, and their loved ones, have a beautiful holiday season and great new year to come.
Blues

Postby guru » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:20 pm

Being an ardent Festivus observer, let me just say I've got a lot of problems with you people! And now you're gonna hear about it!

:P
guru

Postby lonewolf » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:56 pm

I wish everyone Seasons Joy.. but, honestly, Christmas has become a drag for me, involving a 600 mile circuit in 24 hours to make three Christmas gatherings; one in Altus on Christmas eve, one Christmas morning in OKC (for my younger daughter's Santa Claus age children) and one in Stillwater (all adults) on Christmas evening.
This year, the expected snow storm promted Altus and OKC to have Christmas today so I already have two down, one to go. I will only go to Stillwater tomorrow weather permitting..we are flexible on the date..after all, Biblical scholars tell us they are at least three months off on the probable actual celebrated birth date.
lonewolf

Postby Pego » Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:09 am

lonewolf wrote:I wish everyone Seasons Joy.. but, honestly, Christmas has become a drag for me, involving a 600 mile circuit in 24 hours to make three Christmas gatherings; one in Altus on Christmas eve, one Christmas morning in OKC (for my younger daughter's Santa Claus age children) and one in Stillwater (all adults) on Christmas evening.
This year, the expected snow storm promted Altus and OKC to have Christmas today so I already have two down, one to go. I will only go to Stillwater tomorrow weather permitting..we are flexible on the date..after all, Biblical scholars tell us they are at least three months off on the probable actual celebrated birth date.

Most commonly quoted time I have seen is summer 4 BC. You have time galore.
Pego

Postby DrJay » Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:23 am

lonewolf wrote:I wish everyone Seasons Joy.. but, honestly, Christmas has become a drag for me, involving a 600 mile circuit in 24 hours to make three Christmas gatherings; one in Altus on Christmas eve, one Christmas morning in OKC (for my younger daughter's Santa Claus age children) and one in Stillwater (all adults) on Christmas evening.

lonewolf, not to scold, but be thankful for those you have, and find joy with them. Mrs. DrJay and I split in 2008 (my call, so that part's OK) and my two kids are with their mom last night, today, this week (she's not even into trading 24 hours like on the 26th, even though she'd receive the same in return next year when they're with me the first half of Xmas break.) They're only a few miles away, but I reckon I'd drive a very long way to be with them today, if I could.
DrJay

Postby Conor Dary » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:41 am

Ugh, sounds awful...I am not going anywhere today...
Conor Dary

Location: कनोर दारी in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.

Postby Pego » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:13 pm

All we had to do was to travel 90 miles yesterday and back home today. It was nice.
Pego

Postby Tuariki » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:52 am

Merry Xmas everybody.
Arrived in the USA (LAX) at 11:30am after 13 hours being a sardine.
The grandchildren got to enjoy having 2 Xmas days as we left 7:00pm Xmas day.
One really good thing about traveling with grandchildren is that even though you get off the plane last and arrive at US Immigration with 10 zillion people in front of you, you get whisked to the side and to the front because of 10 month old screaming her head off.
Tuariki