Re: Armstrong loses medal post

Forum devoted to track & field items of an historical nature.

Postby dbirds » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:05 am

I don't understand why these topics are always blocked. I understand not slandering names with accusations etc but just a discussion on why East Germans medals (and others) are not revoked when it appears Armstrongs will be is a very legitimate discussion.
dbirds

Postby gh » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:58 am

They're always blocked because it doesn't take long before somebody veers off into unacceptable territory. The final post on the Armstrong thread, which had to be yanked, put paid to that thread.

The rules are simple here, but people are apparently incapable of sticking to them.

End of story.
gh

Postby Gabriella » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:41 am

dbirds wrote:I don't understand why these topics are always blocked. I understand not slandering names with accusations etc but just a discussion on why East Germans medals (and others) are not revoked when it appears Armstrongs will be is a very legitimate discussion.

Well you're slandering 'East Germans' for a start, implying they were all on drugs when there is only documented evidence that some were on drugs. Berendonk's publication and the files they were based on do not contain evidence against every GDR athlete. Fact.

When your starting point is "ban all East German marks" then the topic should rightly be stopped.
Gabriella

Postby dbirds » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:46 am

"ban all East German marks"

I never uttered those remarks. I am referring to all East Germans that have documentation about doping. Not just East Germans but others as well. Granted, this wont get them all but if we have documentation that they doped (like Lance) then why are they still in the record books?
dbirds