Lady Gaga vs. the Pope


A place for the discussion of all things not closely related to the sport and its competitive side. (as always, locked for the duration of major international championship)

Lady Gaga vs. the Pope

Postby tandfman » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:52 am

According to twittercounter.com, Lady Gaga has more Twitter followers than anyone else in the world. 31,770,241 is the current count. (Justin Bieber is second.)

But this just in from Reuters:

http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2012/12/ ... itter.html

Yes, the Pope has opened a Twitter account. As the article points out, he already has more than a billion "followers". How many of them will start following him on Twitter?

Stay tuned.
tandfman
 
Posts: 15041
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am

Re: Lady Gaga vs. the Pope

Postby Marlow » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:59 am

Benedict already has 1.2 billion "followers" in the standard sense of the word but next week he will have another type when he enters what for any 85-year old is the brave new world of Twitter.


Oh dear, now I'm even more un-hip than the Pope! I don't tweet, facebook, tumble, instagram or skype. I did text once, so I got that going for me. :D
Marlow
 
Posts: 21079
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:00 pm
Location: Somewhere over the . . . hill

Re: Lady Gaga vs. the Pope

Postby guru » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:37 am

tandfman wrote:Yes, the Pope has opened a Twitter account. As the article points out, he already has more than a billion "followers". How many of them will start following him on Twitter?

Stay tuned.



Just guestimating here, but of the billion or so "followers" the Pope has, approximately 327 have a twitter account...
guru
 
Posts: 10266
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Strava, racking KOMs https://tinyurl.com/qf2ntch

Re: Lady Gaga vs. the Pope

Postby jeremyp » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:24 am

Marlow wrote:
Benedict already has 1.2 billion "followers" in the standard sense of the word but next week he will have another type when he enters what for any 85-year old is the brave new world of Twitter.


Oh dear, now I'm even more un-hip than the Pope! I don't tweet, facebook, tumble, instagram or skype. I did text once, so I got that going for me. :D


Not only don't I do those things I don't know how to or what they are. Let me guess?: Tweet: what a bird does. Facebook: a book with pictures of ex cons. Tumble: I used to but I'm too old. Instagram: that happened after Thanksgiving but it was nore like instapound. Skype: a loud yell?
jeremyp
 
Posts: 4542
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Florida

Re: Lady Gaga vs. the Pope

Postby gh » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:57 am

I can't claim to remember a single note of Gaga's singing, and she's notorious for things like wearing an all-meat dress, but I did see her on 60 Minutes a year or so back and found her to be stunningly intellectually gifted. The kind of person I'd love to have dinner with (we did do a thread on that once, right?) just for bringing light to a conversation.
gh
 
Posts: 46314
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am
Location: firmly at Arya's side!

Re: Lady Gaga vs. the Pope

Postby tandfman » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:03 am

gh wrote:I can't claim to remember a single note of Gaga's singing, and she's notorious for things like wearing an all-meat dress, but I did see her on 60 Minutes a year or so back and found her to be stunningly intellectually gifted. The kind of person I'd love to have dinner with (we did do a thread on that once, right?) just for bringing light to a conversation.

But do you follow her on Twitter? :)
tandfman
 
Posts: 15041
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am

Re: Lady Gaga vs. the Pope

Postby guru » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:04 am

gh wrote:... I did see her on 60 Minutes a year or so back and found her to be stunningly intellectually gifted. The kind of person I'd love to have dinner with (we did do a thread on that once, right?) just for bringing light to a conversation.



Yes, and that was exactly my observation as well

viewtopic.php?p=693494#p693494
guru
 
Posts: 10266
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Strava, racking KOMs https://tinyurl.com/qf2ntch


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests