Today's Top Headlines

A place for the discussion of all things not closely related to the sport and its competitive side. (as always, locked for the duration of major international championship)

Today's Top Headlines

Postby KDFINE » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:10 am

Who picks what is presented on "Today's Top Headlines?" I mean yesterdays choice of the photo gallery of the supposed 100 fittest men was just plain dumb. I can understand it in "Men's Health" or some other rag, but why in T&FN?
(I apologize if I'm sounding too much like a curmudgeon this morning but being on-line delays me from getting ready for Sandy which I would rather avoid.)
KDFINE

Re: Today's Top Headlines

Postby gh » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:44 am

Headlines are like threads on the message board; if you're not interested, ignore. It's not mandatory reading.

We thought it interesting (in an era where list-making is all the rage) to see where some of our track heroes got slotted.
gh

Postby Conor Dary » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:30 am

Compared to some of the other stories it isn't bad. After all who needs another interview with Paavo Nurmi....,sorry, I meant, Alan Webb?

Wow, I see they have Paavo in the list.

But they really left out probably the toughest dude ever. And he proved it twice! My number one pick.

http://www.amazon.com/Unsung-Hero-Crean ... =Tom+crean
Conor Dary

Location: कनोर दारी in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.

Postby Pego » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:05 am

Conor Dary wrote:Compared to some of the other stories it isn't bad. After all who needs another interview with Paavo Nurmi....,sorry, I meant, Alan Webb?

Wow, I see they have Paavo in the list.

But they really left out probably the toughest dude ever. And he proved it twice! My number one pick.

http://www.amazon.com/Unsung-Hero-Crean ... =Tom+crean

Boy, he sure has changed since I saw him on Indiana bench :wink: .
Pego

Postby Conor Dary » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:36 am

Yes, coaching Hoosier basketball is hell.
Conor Dary

Location: कनोर दारी in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.