Moscow 2013--Ticket Sales?

Main message board: for the discussion of topical track & field items only.

Re: Moscow 2013--Ticket Sales?

Postby az2004 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:17 am

whatever the price it's the best trackmeet available in 2013

and the venue is interesting

as will beijing in 2015

and london in 2017

olympics are way too costly, so worlds suit my pocketbook
az2004

Postby Alan Shank » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:01 pm

A new post on RusAthletics.com:

4 октября в 15:30 в ИТАР-ТАСС (центральный зал, 2 этаж) состоится пресс-конференция, посвященная началу продажи билетов на чемпионат мира по легкой атлетике, который пройдет в Москве с 10 по 18 августа 2013 года.
Основные темы пресс-конференции:

Ø Начало кампании по продажам билетов на чемпионат мира и билетная программа турнира;

October 4 at 3:30 PM at ITAR-TASS (central hall, 2nd floor) will take place a press conference, dedicated to the beginning of ticket sales for the WC, which will take place in Moscow 8/10-13 2013.

The main themes:

0 Forming a company for ticket sales and the "ticket program" for the meet (I assume that means the breakdown of seating sections and prices)

Вся информация по подготовке и проведению Чемпионата мира доступна на официальном сайте чемпионата www.mos2013.ru

All information about the preparations for and conduct of the WC are available on the official site: www.mos2013.ru. However, if you follow the link, you get a message, in Russian, saying, "We're sorry, the requested page does not exist", then you're re-directed to a "Z mail" site.

Cheers,
Alan Shank
Alan Shank

Postby Alan Shank » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:17 pm

Alan Shank wrote:Вся информация по подготовке и проведению Чемпионата мира доступна на официальном сайте чемпионата http://www.mos2013.ru

All information about the preparations for and conduct of the WC are available on the official site: http://www.mos2013.ru. However, if you follow the link, you get a message, in Russian, saying, "We're sorry, the requested page does not exist", then you're re-directed to a "Z mail" site.

However, if you just put http://www.mos2013.ru into your browser, you reach an actual site. However again, the "Tickets" page just says they will go on sale in August 2012. As Eric Idle said in "Yellowbeard", "This, Mansel, is what we in the British Navy call 'a lie'." There is also a page for reservation, but it simply says, "Booking form".

But, there is a real Website, with a tab for tickets. There is also a "General Information" tab with a "Visa Information" sub-page. Unfortunately, it says nothing about a streamlined procedure for those with tickets to the WC.
Cheers,
Alan Shank
Alan Shank

Postby Baykal » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:30 am

Alan Shank wrote:the "Tickets" page just says they will go on sale in August 2012.

There is an update of this page today, now it says "Information about the tickets will be available on 15 October 2012."
But in the russian version it says "Билеты на чемпионат мира по легкой атлетике поступят в продажу 15 октября 2012 года."( "The tickets for WC will go on sale on October 15").
And it's some different, isn't it?
Baykal

Postby az2004 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:54 am

when i went to stpete beore helsinki 2005, it took me almost a month to get the visa

i recollect that 90 days before going you can apply, and expect the visa back in 4 weeks

they want to know everything about you, empoyment history, education background, and ant thing related to militaryi would not expect them to do any favors easing the process
az2004

Postby tandfman » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:20 am

IIRC, they also want a list of every country you've visited in the last 10 years. For some, that's pretty easy; for others, not.
tandfman

Postby Baykal » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:46 am

I want to note that getting the US visa for russians (for example) is much harder: even if all requirements are complied, they can refuse because of low salary, absence of own real estate or if you are not married. So everything is not that bad for you :)
Baykal

Postby az2004 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:35 am

i was in the baltics after helsinki 2005

dont know if the russians look at that..

but i was in riga when lativa tied russian, knocking russian out of the 2006 wc in germany

there was a massive celebration that nigth, it was an afternoon match

saw a few russian players walking aroung riga the next day..

should be noted usa men will play in russia in november, as russian is hosting 2018 world cup

zenit did lose to ac milan in champions league yesterday, 2-3

i presume cska is the big moscow team, and they play at luzniki too
az2004

Postby tandfman » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:46 am

I don't think they need to know the city or cities you visited or the exact dates you were there. I believe country and year is sufficient. I'm not sure what countries might trigger their interest in scrutinizing your application (or denying it), but I don't recall hearing of anyone being denied a visa since the end of the Soviet era.
tandfman

Postby az2004 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:07 am

i have a friend with significant cia responsibilities

in the esarly 1990's when the usa bombed the chinese embassy in belgrade, he was part of the delegation which went to beijig to show the chinese the photos, and how the error happened

he can't go to russia, more becaise WE wont let him

august 2001 in edmonton, he told us about all the intelligence noise they were hearing, but they didn't know what it could be..

we found out a month later

he's a hard core track fan, was in helsinki in 2005j

south korea was my only questionable trip
az2004

Postby Alan Shank » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:34 am

On RusAthletics.com, from the press conference:

Александр Полинский также подчеркнул, что продажи билетов на чемпионат мира-2013 стартуют 15 октября. Сначала будут приниматься коллективные заявки. В свободную продажу билеты поступят в начале следующего года. Самый дешевый билет будет стоить 150 рублей. Самый дорогой билетный пакет - на лучшие места и на все дни чемпионата мира - обойдется покупателю в 30 000 рублей. Оргкомитет уже разработал различные варианты билетных предложений, подробности можно узнать на официальном сайте соревнований http://www.mos2013.ru, начиная с 15 октября. Официальные туроператоры составили туристический пакет, включающий билеты до Москвы, размещение в гостинице, билеты на соревнования.

Aleksandr Polinskiy also emphasized that ticket sales for the WC will start on the 15th of October. At first, group bookings will be accepted. Individual tickets will go on sale at the beginning of next year. The cheapest ticket will cost 150 rubles ($4.84). The most expensive ticket package, for the best seats on all days, will cost the purchaser 30,000 rubles ($968.74). The Organizing Committee has already worked out various ticket offerings, the details of which can be learned on the official competition site, http://www.mos2013.ru, beginning with October 15. Official tour operators put together a tourist package, including tickets to Moscow, hotel stay and tickets to the competition.

(End of loose translation)

So, it looks like people like us are going to have to wait until next year to order tickets. This is WEAK!!!

Как вам не стыдно, Алексей Воробьев! >:-)
Cheers,
Alan Shank
Alan Shank

Postby az2004 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:01 am

when i spoke to ef in eugene, he said the ad 110 for moscow, and expected 150

it's cheaper doing it on your own, but squeezing into the 150 might make you feel safer

not physically. but knowing you have your tickets and accomodation
az2004

Postby gh » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:08 am

IAAF report on tickets now posted to front page
gh

Postby br » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:23 am

gh wrote:IAAF report on tickets now posted to front page

For me, at least, the page is not loading.

Just tried again and it now works.
br

Postby Alan Shank » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:01 pm

Tried to check out mos2013.ru again today, and the site is down. I hope that means they're getting it ready for the ticket sales Monday. So far, no stadium/section map has been seen. It's 2 AM Sunday right now in Moscow. The last couple of times, sales have begun at around 1 AM here in California. 10 AM Monday in Moscow would be 11 PM PDT Sunday.
Cheers,
Alan Shank
Alan Shank

Postby Alan Shank » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:45 am

So far, nothing but problems. October 15 came and went. The Website offered only sector B2 for 9-day packages, the "online/consultant" said "no operator available", the telephone operator said "sale not open yet -- no ET". Then the Website said October 17. Same thing. I have sent two e-mails applying for tickets -- no response. Last night (around 10:30 AM Moscow), I got ahold of a woman, asked to buy tickets. She said you can reserve them on the Internet. I said I had tried that, but not successfully. I didn't know exactly how to describe the symptoms in Russian, so I asked her whether she spoke English, and she hung up. Черт возьми!

I have sent e-mails to RusAthletics and arena-market today, and a message to the Facebook group IAAF World Athletics.

Anybody having better luck?
Cheers, (sort of)
Alan Shank
Woodland, CA, USA
Alan Shank

Postby bruce3404 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:15 pm

Paging Baykal! Does anyone on the ground have any idea what the problem is with ticket ordering? Been trying for 3 days now and it's a complete cock-up. Only one section (B2) seems to be available and unless you want to look at sprinters butts when they leave the blocks, that's all you can buy at this time. Very, very frustrating and whomever is running the ticket sales should be fired. At this point this is way worse than any other Worlds for which I've tried to order tickets. Hope they get it fixed before the meet starts. If the idea of hosting a World's is to put a country's best foot forward, this surely is a poor start.
bruce3404

Postby az2004 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:19 am

this is russia, what did you expect
they summoned maddonna because of her pro gay comments in st pete..

have you follwed pussy riot story at all

think fox riled the wrld and you get an idea
az2004

Postby ALLSpeed » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:40 pm

It's been tough sledding but after sending them an email stating that I had placed two orders and hadn't heard anything, I finally got a response from the ticketing department:

"Mr. Allspeed, Your application is accepted and will be processed shortly. Our manager will contact you to confirm and refine the query. "

Confirmation at last.
ALLSpeed

Postby bruce3404 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:52 pm

Did you order off the website? And are you in section B2, which seems to be the only section listed at this time? Thanks for reporting progress!
bruce3404

Postby ALLSpeed » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:08 am

bruce3404 wrote:Did you order off the website? And are you in section B2, which seems to be the only section listed at this time? Thanks for reporting progress!

I ordered from the website but I used the "Application" link near the bottom. It allowed me to order Section F.
ALLSpeed

Postby Baykal » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:14 am

bruce3404 wrote:Paging Baykal! Does anyone on the ground have any idea what the problem is with ticket ordering?

Quote from here http://www.mos2013.org/en/news/6205.htm :
"Currently you can book different ticket packages for seats in the sector B2 at the official competition website http://www.mos2013.com (section “Ticket Sales”). You can also make a preliminary application for seats in any sector through the form at the same page."
The link: http://iaaf.arena-market.ru/preorder.do?new (ALLSpeed wrote about the same thing above, I guess).

az2004 wrote:this is russia, what did you expect
they summoned maddonna because of her pro gay comments in st pete..

have you follwed pussy riot story at all

think fox riled the wrld and you get an idea

Nevertheless I think you love Russia in the deep of your soul :mrgreen:
Baykal

Postby az2004 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:39 am

actually i love to be there non nov 14, when usa plays russia in soccer

saw the 1-0 win over portugal, and with northern ireland draw in portugal, even if russia loses there they will still have 1 point over portgal, and it would seem to me, only, isreal can keep russia from going to brasil,

and uou did beat them 4-0

looks like klinmsann will bring a B team, so i suspect capello will use a 2nd team too
az2004

Postby bruce3404 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:04 am

The applications in other sections had been ignored until the last day or two, when Allspeed and others finally received responses to their inquiries. The system would work a lot easier if one could select seats in ALL sections, not just B2. My feeling is that the promoters are trying to sell the poor seats in B2 to put bodies in them so the place will look packed when cameras zoom in on sprinters in the blocks. It's odd that the entire top tier on the backstretch is going to be covered with banners, much like Daegu (although in Daegu, the entire top tier on the homestretch was also covered). Anyways, some of us have now received the applications and we'll have to wait and see how quickly we get responses after sending in the applications, since at this time we still don't have tickets. It's not all negative, though. I'm very happy with the reasonable pricing for the tickets. Good seats can be purchased for as little as $220 for the entire meet, a price that would have roughly been good for one morning session at the Olympics.
bruce3404

Postby tandfman » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:40 am

bruce3404 wrote: It's odd that the entire top tier on the backstretch is going to be covered with banners . . .

If they're doing that, it's probably because they figure the alternative would be thousands of empty seats (which I believe is why they did something similar in Daegu). Nobody wants to see that. The Moscow Olympic stadium seats about 80,000. I'm disappointed, but not surprised, that they don't think they can fill it. In such matters, you have to trust the judgment of the locals.
tandfman

Postby Baykal » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:07 am

az2004 wrote:actually i love to be there non nov 14, when usa plays russia in soccer

saw the 1-0 win over portugal, and with northern ireland draw in portugal, even if russia loses there they will still have 1 point over portgal, and it would seem to me, only, isreal can keep russia from going to brasil,

and uou did beat them 4-0

looks like klinmsann will bring a B team, so i suspect capello will use a 2nd team too

Do you mean that Russia will play by second squad? I am sure that we'll see the first team against USA, because a rival is very good and interesting :) I bet it will be a tie.
And by the way, the game will take place in Krasnodar, not in Moscow.

tandfman wrote:If they're doing that, it's probably because they figure the alternative would be thousands of empty seats (which I believe is why they did something similar in Daegu). Nobody wants to see that. The Moscow Olympic stadium seats about 80,000. I'm disappointed, but not surprised, that they don't think they can fill it. In such matters, you have to trust the judgment of the locals.

I guess it will be excellent, if at least a 2/3 of entire stadium will be filled. Actually there are 76000 seats in Luzhniki, and 72000 tickets were on sale prior football match Russia - Portugal (first rows of seats usually are empty due safety). So 50000 spectators on evening session - it will be very good. I don't even say about morning sessions. Unfortunately, an interest of the locals (especially in Moscow) is low. But Moscow is much closer to Europe than Daegu, so I hope we'll see many european fans.
Baykal

Postby az2004 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:12 am

it was cold and rainy for the 1-0 win over portugal, great counter attack goal early, and basically defended it the whole game, ronaldo was a non factor

usa domestic league has semi finals, so donovan is unlikely to play

also the players who play in mexico won't play, and there are a couple

krasnodar is more southern and is a 2018 world cup venue i think

from what i hear, there will be a good euro and american presence, compared to daegu, but dageu was very cheap, and the prices i get for moscow are easily double daegu

today is the 10th annivsery of the chechen terror attack in moscow where 130 russians died

most died due to the spetznatz using a chemical gas which knocked out the chechens and the hostages, but recovery from the gas was very poor
az2004

Postby pakillo » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:46 pm

tandfman wrote:
bruce3404 wrote: It's odd that the entire top tier on the backstretch is going to be covered with banners . . .

If they're doing that, it's probably because they figure the alternative would be thousands of empty seats (which I believe is why they did something similar in Daegu). Nobody wants to see that. The Moscow Olympic stadium seats about 80,000. I'm disappointed, but not surprised, that they don't think they can fill it. In such matters, you have to trust the judgment of the locals.

I'm not really surprised they think they can't fill it cause attendance at Russian meetings and Russian Champs is so sad :?
But I'd rather see empty seats than banners! Watching banners is really sad.
pakillo

Postby bruce3404 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:45 pm

pakillo wrote:
I'm not really surprised they think they can't fill it cause attendance at Russian meetings and Russian Champs is so sad :?
But I'd rather see empty seats than banners! Watching banners is really sad.

Track and field sometimes reminds me of musicians I really love and get to see in small clubs. On the one hand, I want the artist to get bigger and move onto a larger stage and then there's the side that enjoys being able to watch top flight talent without fighting too hard or paying too much for good tickets. Maybe they should photograph a full house for a soccer game and then just overlay the pictures of people in top deck seats onto the banners? Might fool the people at home. :D
bruce3404

Postby pakillo » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:12 am

"The famous Luzhniki Stadium, which staged the 1980 Olympic Games has a current capacity of 80,000 but will be remodeled so that 50,000 seats are available to the general public as well as the seats that will be used by teams, VIPs and media."

I find this PATHETIC as much as I HEART Athens 1997.
pakillo

Postby eldanielfire » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:43 am

az2004 wrote:this is russia, what did you expect

This:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-6OV7I5dhY

and:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_Z_O1c5Ddg
eldanielfire

Previous