when I grow up I wanna be....

A place for the discussion of all things not closely related to the sport and its competitive side. (as always, locked for the duration of major international championship)

when I grow up I wanna be....

Postby gh » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:17 am

... the president of Ohio State University! (oh, sorry, the Ohio...)

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/new ... -tr/nSGkK/
gh

Re: when I grow up I wanna be....

Postby Marlow » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:42 am

If (!) he's generating significant amounts of donations for TOSU with this 'lifestyle', more power to him. I'm not sure, however, that he needs to stay and 5-star hotels and dine at 5-star restaurants to accomplish this, but that's TOSU's call. Personally I would not want Stanford's President to be staying at the Holiday Inn and eating at Denny's. :D
Marlow

Postby Pego » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:39 pm

There is room between Denny's and 7.7 million upkeep. I am not amused by this sort of conspicuous consumption by an employee of a public institution.
Pego

Postby Conor Dary » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:43 pm

Pego wrote:There is room between Denny's and 7.7 million upkeep. I am not amused by this sort of conspicuous consumption by an employee of a public institution.

Exactly. It is a state university. I presume the folks who thinks it is all so great are all getting lots of perks.
Conor Dary

Location: कनोर दारी in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.

Postby lonewolf » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:13 pm

What struck me was that Ohio States Presidents compensation is so far out of whack with the other overpaid presidents.
lonewolf

Postby Master Po » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:56 pm

My tax dollars at work. Oh well. I am, as always, simultaneously appalled and not surprised at all.
It's always the little things that jump out at me in these kinds of reports. Here, the $532 shower curtain. Who knew?
Master Po

Postby dukehjsteve » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:29 pm

Our current Indiana Governor, Mitch Daniels, will be finishing up his maximum 8 years in office at the end of the year, and his next job is as the new President of Purdue University. When he got wind of a Purdue project to refurbish the President's office for his 2013 arrival, for some umpteen thousands of dollars, he hit the roof, and told them to cease... which they have done.
dukehjsteve

Postby gm » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:36 pm

It's outrageous that he spent all that money and the poor old ball coach only makes $4 mill a year.

Oh, wait.
gm

Postby Pego » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:41 am

gm wrote:It's outrageous that he spent all that money and the poor old ball coach only makes $4 mill a year.

Oh, wait.

Why would we have to choose? Both of them are outrageous :evil: .
Pego