What are the diffrences between Romney and Obama?

Normally open July 4th only---the one day a year when partisan politics, religion, etc. are acceptable topics on this Board (within reason). The forum is now closed.

What are the diffrences between Romney and Obama?

Postby bman » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:45 pm

As of now, I don't plan on voting in the election. I don't see how the two candidates are different in any serious way. I say this not to argue (although I will end up arguing because its free speech weekend), but to inquire to those of you who plan on voting what you see in one side that is better than the other. The right claims that the democrats are anti-free market and this is bad, but what actual things that Obama has done would be changed under Romney? Is this debate between a strongly asserted capitalist ideology and a nitpicky left (maybe the stimulus/auto bailout added a few jobs, etc) the only real issue in the election? As I see it, it is, but I don't see any policies behind it.

Many of you will surely agree with much of this, I would think, but still, I am sure many of you will vote in the election at the same time. So I am asking, why? What will make the difference for you?
bman

Re: What are the diffrences between Romney and Obama?

Postby Jackaloupe » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:04 pm

Dunno about policy, so I'll address dem "diffrences" (sic): If Romney's advisors told him to work on his Basketball skills, he'd be out taking Set Shots, or Underhand(ed) Foul Shots. 'Nuff said.

I sincerely believe jaded voters will stop to consider just how boring it'd be to have to listen to the likes (trees, low hills, Cheesy Grits) of Romney for 4 years.
Jackaloupe