Bonds Indicted [guilty on 1/4] [wrist whacked!]

A place for the discussion of all things not closely related to the sport and its competitive side. (as always, locked for the duration of major international championship)

Re: Bonds Indicted [guilty on 1/4] [wrist whacked!]

Postby odelltrclan » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:13 pm

jazzcyclist wrote:
odelltrclan wrote: Does he think it was worth it?

Of course he thinks it was worth it. His whole raison d'etre was to protect Bonds. The only way Anderson would have regretted his decision to button up would have been if Bonds had gotten 20 years in Leavenwoth, then he would have felt like a dumbass.

Well, I think Greg was probably banking on a payday for his antics. Probably was promised one as well. So I think just maybe the jury is out on that if his payday does not come from Bonds in the future in some way. Going through what he went through to protect someone like Bonds? He may one day ask himself why? Was it worth it. Just wondering. Only time will tell. :?:
odelltrclan

Postby jazzcyclist » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:26 pm

odelltrclan wrote:
jazzcyclist wrote:Of course he thinks it was worth it. His whole raison d'etre was to protect Bonds. The only way Anderson would have regretted his decision to button up would have been if Bonds had gotten 20 years in Leavenwoth, then he would have felt like a dumbass.

Well, I think Greg was probably banking on a payday for his antics. Probably was promised one as well. So I think just maybe the jury is out on that if his payday does not come from Bonds in the future in some way. Going through what he went through to protect someone like Bonds? He may one day ask himself why? Was it worth it. Just wondering. Only time will tell. :?:

You do know Bonds and Anderson are lifelong friends going back to the days when they were little boys, don't you? They may not go back far enough to have played in the sandbox together, but they did literally shoot marbles together.
Last edited by jazzcyclist on Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
jazzcyclist

Postby Avante » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:06 am

Really haven't paid much attention, yep don't really care....but...

Being that this is about sports, yes I know you still can't lie, I just can't see any of it on a level with real crooks/crime. No doubt my ignorance is showing on this. So many really bad people out there, some real legit lowlifes and we are "THAT" worried about............

Some yeas ago (locally) a couple brothers broke in on an old man and his wife who had a pretty granddaughter staying over. I'll leave it there. Now that's some seriousness there.
Avante

Postby jazzcyclist » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:07 am

Avante wrote:Being that this is about sports, yes I know you still can't lie, I just can't see any of it on a level with real crooks/crime. No doubt my ignorance is showing on this. So many really bad people out there, some real legit lowlifes and we are "THAT" worried about............

Obviously the judge felt the same way as you, hence the slap-on-the-wrist sentence.
jazzcyclist

Postby Avante » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:57 am

jazzcyclist wrote:
Avante wrote:Being that this is about sports, yes I know you still can't lie, I just can't see any of it on a level with real crooks/crime. No doubt my ignorance is showing on this. So many really bad people out there, some real legit lowlifes and we are "THAT" worried about............

Obviously the judge felt the same way as you, hence the slap-on-the-wrist sentence.

We really do have to seperate sports from real life. A couple guys get in a fight on a football field. What the cops show up? Cheating in sports is wayyyyyyyyyy down then when we look at crime. Yes it appears the judge see's things that way. Like I said I understand why Bonds is in trouble but................
Avante

Postby 26mi235 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:48 pm

Ryan Braun 'not guilty' of PED violation, crux seems to be the chain-of-custody. It is supposed to be sent immediately via FedEx but it was a Saturday so the guy did not send it until Monday, keeping at home (not in his presence, etc?).
26mi235

Postby Friar » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:11 pm

My goodness what are the chances of the Commissioner's daughter's team (I think she's majority shareholder) getting their #1 player and AS back, due to mishandling of a couple of samples?
Friar

Postby Dutra5 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:32 pm

Friar wrote:My goodness what are the chances of the Commissioner's daughter's team (I think she's majority shareholder) getting their #1 player and AS back, due to mishandling of a couple of samples?

Pick your favorite track star and have his supposedly dirty samples sitting around a courier's house for a few days. You still think he should be suspended?
Dutra5

Postby Pego » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:20 am

Friar wrote:Commissioner's daughter's team (I think she's majority shareholder)

Not since Mark Attanasio bought the team a few years ago.
Pego

Postby guru » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:46 am

Pego wrote:
Friar wrote:Commissioner's daughter's team (I think she's majority shareholder)

Not since Mark Attanasio bought the team a few years ago.

And MLB went out of it's way to roast the unbiased arbitrator who voted to overturn the suspension(MLB's arbitration rep voted to uphold the suspension, the Union rep voted to overturn))
guru

Postby jazzcyclist » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:35 am

I wouldn't be surprised if MLB win in court. We had a truck driver at my company that got fired after testing positive for cocaine and then got reinstated by the arbitrator. Undeterred, the company took the case to federal court and got the arbitrator's decision overturned.
jazzcyclist

Postby Pego » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:02 pm

jazzcyclist wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if MLB win in court. We had a truck driver at my company that got fired after testing positive for cocaine and then got reinstated by the arbitrator. Undeterred, the company took the case to federal court and got the arbitrator's decision overturned.

It would shock me if MLB took it to court.
Pego

Postby Dutra5 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:33 pm

Pego wrote:
jazzcyclist wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if MLB win in court. We had a truck driver at my company that got fired after testing positive for cocaine and then got reinstated by the arbitrator. Undeterred, the company took the case to federal court and got the arbitrator's decision overturned.

It would shock me if MLB took it to court.

There may even be language in the contract which states that the arbitration panel is binding and neither side is permitted to challenge in court.
Dutra5

Postby Friar » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:04 pm

http://www.thestar.com/sports/article/1136318--milwaukee-brewers-ryan-braun-isn-t-innocent-and-dodged-a-bullet-dick-pound?bn=1
I was a bit surprised they'd ship samples to Montreal? Didn't MLB have anything closer?
Friar

Postby Dutra5 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:56 pm

Friar wrote:http://www.thestar.com/sports/article/1136318--milwaukee-brewers-ryan-braun-isn-t-innocent-and-dodged-a-bullet-dick-pound?bn=1
I was a bit surprised they'd ship samples to Montreal? Didn't MLB have anything closer?

The question should be doesn't WADA have anything closer.
Dutra5

Postby 26mi235 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:14 am

Milwaukee to Montreal is not really that far; LA is further away, as is anywhere on the Pacific Coast.

721 Miles ( 1160.3 Kilometers

Milwaukee coordinates:
latitude: 43° 03' North
longitude: 87° 57' West

Montreal coordinates:
latitude: 45° 30' North
longitude: 73° 35' West
26mi235

Postby Dutra5 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:53 pm

26mi235 wrote:Milwaukee to Montreal is not really that far; LA is further away, as is anywhere on the Pacific Coast.

721 Miles ( 1160.3 Kilometers

Milwaukee coordinates:
latitude: 43° 03' North
longitude: 87° 57' West

Montreal coordinates:
latitude: 45° 30' North
longitude: 73° 35' West

True but that's where all the samples are sent.
Dutra5

Braun should count his lucky stars . . .

Postby bad hammy » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:47 pm

MLB fires arbitrator, changes language on PEDs so that Braun will not be so lucky next time.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/b ... index.html
bad hammy

Postby 26mi235 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:40 pm

despicable arbitrator, follows the rules the way they are written, not the way one party wanted them read...

The longest serving person in that position.
26mi235

Re: Braun should count his lucky stars . . .

Postby guru » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:40 pm

bad hammy wrote:MLB fires arbitrator, changes language on PEDs so that Braun will not be so lucky next time.

Looks like Braun's luck just ran out...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ryan-braun ... 50670.html
guru

Postby Pego » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:08 am

guru wrote:
bad hammy wrote:MLB fires arbitrator, changes language on PEDs so that Braun will not be so lucky next time.

Looks like Braun's luck just ran out...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ryan-braun ... 50670.html

...or not yet.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/report-bra ... --mlb.html
Pego

Postby guru » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:34 am

Pego wrote:...or not yet.

I dunno - his name is in the clinic's records, and he's listed as owing them money. That's a problem, his weak excuses notwithstanding
guru

Postby Conor Dary » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:36 am

He won't be in the HoF! Horrors!
Conor Dary

Location: कनोर दारी in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.

Postby guru » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:40 am

Conor Dary wrote:He won't be in the HoF!

That's the least of his concerns right now
guru

Postby Conor Dary » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:10 am

He will be banned awhile....but not that much and then play ball!
Conor Dary

Location: कनोर दारी in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.

Previous