Bubba's house for sale in NC $1.45m

A place for the discussion of all things not closely related to the sport and its competitive side. (as always, locked for the duration of major international championship)

Bubba's house for sale in NC $1.45m

Postby Rye Catcher » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:28 pm

Winning big at the Arnold Palmer tourney.
Last edited by Rye Catcher on Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rye Catcher

Re: Tiger is back

Postby Conor Dary » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:57 pm

The Woodman is back! Fun to watch.
Conor Dary

Location: कनोर दारी in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.

Postby SQUACKEE » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:26 am

Golf just got a lot more interesting.
SQUACKEE

Location: Heaven-In front of stereo listenin to re-mastered Beatles

Postby lovetorun » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:00 pm

Have always liked Tiger Woods...good to see him come back and win again.
lovetorun

Postby jeremyp » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:03 am

I honestly think that the other golfers are pleased to see this as it helps them all when people want to watch Tiger. Bolt, after all is the Tiger of Track.....in drawing crowds that is.
jeremyp

Postby Marlow » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:53 am

Viewership of the Masters just increased by 40%! I and many like me (fair-weather fans that we are) would only watch the last 9 holes on Sunday if he were not in the hunt. I'll watch (OK, OK, DVR it and watch that evening) Saturday and Sunday's rounds if he's in the mix. I'm not sure if I'm rooting for or against him, but he does rivet my attention.
Marlow

Postby DrJay » Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:24 am

The reports of his resurrection were greatly exaggerated.
DrJay

Postby Conor Dary » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:38 am

DrJay wrote:The reports of his resurrection were greatly exaggerated.

Perhaps Easter Sunday will bring back the Messiah...
Conor Dary

Location: कनोर दारी in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.

Postby Master Po » Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:07 pm

well, as of today he is back, as in "back in the pack."
Master Po

Postby jeremyp » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:43 am

A great day of golf at the Masters. I was focused on Mickelson so much that I paid little heed to Hanson. That's what happens when watching a sport I follow only occasionally. Should be great today and although Mickelson has to be the favorite anyhting can happen.
jeremyp

Postby Rye Catcher » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:52 am

Tiger is only 12 back. No sweat.
Rye Catcher

Postby jeremyp » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:53 am

Rye Catcher wrote:Tiger is only 12 back. No sweat.

Won't even see him play. He's probably almost at 11 by now, he's been out there 2 hours. one birdie and one bogey.
jeremyp

Postby Rye Catcher » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:32 am

Only a guy named "Bubba" would play with a pink driver. He could win it all. Then you'll see pink all over America.
Rye Catcher

Re: Tiger is not back for the Masters

Postby Rye Catcher » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:22 pm

What a match.....Mickelson takes a triple bogy on a 3 par and Oosthuizan makes a double eagle on the par 5 2nd. Nice 6 stroke swing.
Rye Catcher

Postby guru » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:38 am

Some interesting Tiger insight this morning from Cincinnati Enquirer columnist Paul Daugherty

He apologized, kinda, for kicking a club Friday. He said he was sorry but, you know, he wasnt playing well. And he did hurt his toe. Apparently, any player who’s not lighting it up is allowed to kick his club and offer multiple GDs caught on the tee box microphones. The older he becomes and the less winning he does, the less Woods seems the savior his father liked to portray him as, and more the petulant brat he’s always been. He’s accustomed to having everything his way. When he doesnt get it, he goes off.

Further tales of his boorishness surfaced last week. A friend of mine who knows People in High Places at Augusta National recounted a story: Last month, Woods was at ANGCs driving range, in shorts, which is against the agreed-upon rules at ANGC. For, you know, everyone. He was told multiple times to put long pants on, or leave. He did neither, until he was ready.
guru

Postby SQUACKEE » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:04 am

guru wrote:Some interesting Tiger insight this morning from Cincinnati Enquirer columnist Paul Daugherty

He apologized, kinda, for kicking a club Friday. He said he was sorry but, you know, he wasnt playing well. And he did hurt his toe. Apparently, any player who’s not lighting it up is allowed to kick his club and offer multiple GDs caught on the tee box microphones. The older he becomes and the less winning he does, the less Woods seems the savior his father liked to portray him as, and more the petulant brat he’s always been. He’s accustomed to having everything his way. When he doesnt get it, he goes off.

Further tales of his boorishness surfaced last week. A friend of mine who knows People in High Places at Augusta National recounted a story: Last month, Woods was at ANGCs driving range, in shorts, which is against the agreed-upon rules at ANGC. For, you know, everyone. He was told multiple times to put long pants on, or leave. He did neither, until he was ready.

Woods missed another opportunity to improve his image and all he did was make it worse. I'm sure he also has a good excuse why he cheated on his wife...I'm sorry but...
SQUACKEE

Postby jeremyp » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:57 am

Bubba in green??? An oxy moron or a country western song? He sailed right in between a triple bogey and a double eagle. My paper said he was "blubbering." C'mon, the guy was righteously emoting his true feelings; a true 21st century male.
jeremyp

Postby SQUACKEE » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:10 am

jeremyp wrote:Bubba in green??? An oxy moron or a country western song? He sailed right in between a triple bogey and a double eagle. My paper said he was "blubbering." C'mon, the guy was righteously emoting his true feelings; a true 21st century male.

I like the fact that he wears his emotions on his sleeve but I cant help but wonder how he can dial back that emotion when he's playing this incedibly frustrating game. I mean, hell, he didnt even kick his clubs! 8-)
SQUACKEE

Postby jeremyp » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:30 pm

SQUACKEE wrote:
jeremyp wrote:Bubba in green??? An oxy moron or a country western song? He sailed right in between a triple bogey and a double eagle. My paper said he was "blubbering." C'mon, the guy was righteously emoting his true feelings; a true 21st century male.

I like the fact that he wears his emotions on his sleeve but I cant help but wonder how he can dial back that emotion when he's playing this incedibly frustrating game. I mean, hell, he didnt even kick his clubs! 8-)

But he showed a lot of mini temper tantrums and volatility. In comparison Oosthuizen was smooth as glass.
jeremyp

Postby SQUACKEE » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:22 am

jeremyp wrote:
SQUACKEE wrote:

But he showed a lot of mini temper tantrums and volatility. In comparison Oosthuizen was smooth as glass.

Your right, I just cant believe how a blubbering Bubba after winning, dosen't show MORE emotion during, like throwing his caddy into the lake, setting his clubs on fire, little things like that.
SQUACKEE

Postby DrJay » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:48 am

SQUACKEE wrote:...setting his clubs on fire...

Hendrix meets Hogan! (Wooden shafts might make a comeback.)
DrJay

Postby SQUACKEE » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:34 am

Bubba Haze all in my brain....making swings I've never seen....saving par from way afar....excuse me while I cry like a baby
SQUACKEE

Postby Rye Catcher » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:55 am

Bubba's house in Lexington NC is for sale. $1,450,000. Bitching house, on the water (lake) pool and hottub, tennis court, docks, 3 car garage. In California, it would cost $3,000,000. Only an hour and 30 min drive north of Charlotte, NC. Call your broker. 178 Foxglove Lane, Lexington, NC. Here's the website:

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhom ... C549089466
Rye Catcher

Postby guru » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:10 pm

DrJay wrote:
SQUACKEE wrote:...setting his clubs on fire...

Hendrix meets Hogan!

Not quite :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PM2NocuEihw
guru

Tiger is Back

Postby 26mi235 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:01 pm

I guess it is time to renew this or a related thread.

He is 7 up with four to go in an oft-delayed tourney. This might not be the best judge for performance since it might be his best course to play in all of golf [fits him to a tee??].

http://www.sbnation.com/golf/2013/1/28/3925868/tiger-woods-2013-farmers-insurance-open-leaderboard-update

With four holes to play, Tiger Woods is closing in on his eighth win at Torrey Pines. His final 11 holes on the Monday finish were expected to be a mere formality, a stroll into the clubhouse where he would collect his 75th career win. And Woods steadily tapped in easy pars on his first five holes of the day before he picked up a birdie on No. 13 to extend his lead to eight shots.
26mi235