A Cain-Romney ticket can beat Obama

Normally open July 4th only---the one day a year when partisan politics, religion, etc. are acceptable topics on this Board (within reason). The forum is now closed.

A Cain-Romney ticket can beat Obama

Postby Rye Catcher » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:13 am

They are the best chance to win.
Rye Catcher

Re: A Cain-Romney ticket can beat Obama

Postby jeremyp » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:17 am

Pull the other one mate....ding a ling!
jeremyp

Postby lonewolf » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:26 am

I don't know about that but the more I learn about Herman Cain, the more I like him.
lonewolf

Postby gh » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:35 am

The way Obama is performing these days, a used ticket from Disneyland could beat him
gh

Postby lonewolf » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:38 am

gh wrote:The way Obama is performing these days, a used ticket from Disneyland could beat him

Amen. Let us pray.
lonewolf

Postby Marlow » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:11 pm

Rye Catcher wrote:They are the best chance to win.

if you consider 40% of the popular vote the best the GOP can do, cuz when next November rolls around, Obama will be stronger than he was in 2008. That's how this incumbent thing has been working for a while. 'Changing horses in the middle of the stream' sorta thing, and yes, we will still be in the middle of the stream then. Pundits always talk about the groundswell of support for the 'throw the bums out' sentiment in the Prez year, but it fizzles out come votin' time! If George W, clearly the sorriest Prez in a LONG time, can get re-elected, ANYBODY can!! :roll:
Marlow

Postby lonewolf » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:28 pm

Marlow wrote:[If George W, clearly the sorriest Prez in a LONG time, can get re-elected, ANYBODY can!! :roll:

Dang, Marlow, Just as I was getting a warm fuzzy feeling about our agreeing on the appropriativeness (sp?) of male genitalia as a discusson topic, you had to go and spoil it. :)
lonewolf

Postby Marlow » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:34 pm

lonewolf wrote:
Marlow wrote:[If George W, clearly the sorriest Prez in a LONG time, can get re-elected, ANYBODY can!! :roll:

Dang, Marlow, Just as I was getting a warm fuzzy feeling about our agreeing on the appropriativeness (sp?) of male genitalia as a discusson topic, you had to go and spoil it. :)

Mission Accomplished!

[sorry, hey, I agreed with you on the H&H thread too!!]
Marlow

Postby jeremyp » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:58 pm

gh wrote:The way Obama is performing these days, a used ticket from Disneyland could beat him

They said that about Reagan and Clinton at about the same time in their first term.
http://online.wsj.com/public/resources/ ... 05-31.html
http://www.gallup.com/poll/116479/barac ... roval.aspx
Is it only conservatives who think that a President should/can work economical miracles? As a Democrat I have my faults with Obama, but I am still convinced that he's far, far better than any Republican trying to get into the White House. Even LoneWolf. :D
Last edited by jeremyp on Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jeremyp

Postby lonewolf » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:07 pm

jeremyp wrote:[As a Democrat I have my faults with Obama, but I am still convinced that he's far, far better than any Republican trying to get into the White House. Even LoneWolf. :D

Well, thats what makes horse races. We shall see next year. :)
lonewolf

Postby PDJ551 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:02 pm

Sad to say, Obama might be history after the next election. Why would that be sad? I don't think the Repubs ideas of cutting taxes and making sure that few if any regulations are enacted to restrain the corporations could make our nation successful again. The rich, pulling the strings, also want to gut Medicare and Social Security, two out of the three major budget items (the third being of course Defense). But the Repubs have always been much more effective with buzz words and many unhappy middle class people end up voting against their own best interests. Also of course the Repubs have made sure that Obama is unsuccessful in his endeavors, hurting the country, but boosting themselves. Will this work in 2012? Maybe.

I still don't know why what the Repubs call "Obamacare" is so awful. I have great medical insurance, why shouldn't others be covered? If I have to buy home insurance to get a mortgage and car insurance to legally drive my car on public roads, what is so bad about forcing people to get insurance?

I watched during the late 1960s when Richard Nixon's crew captured the flag by insisting anyone against the war was anti-American, and scare the "Silent Majority" by insisting that the Dems were the political party of destruction. Then I watched the Repubs self annoint themselves as being the party of "Family Values." They were the moral elite. Can you imagine if an African American candidate representing the Dems had an unmarried teenage daughter who was pregnant what the Repubs would've done with that?

So, I'm not holding my breath. There are too many people who don't think that complex problems require complex solutions. And they vote. If the Repubs win, it will give me another reason to be happy that I'm 65 and not 25.
PDJ551

Postby TrakFan » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:16 pm

The ironic thing about some black conservatives (Herman Can/Clarence Thomas) is how they preach the importance of never using race as an excuse for their failures or successes, yet, will use the race card in an attempt to quell criticism. Clarence Thomas famously described his nomination as a "high-tech lynching for uppity blacks who in any way deign to think for themselves" And Cain recently stated "Jon Stewart does not like me, in my opinion, because I'm an American black conservative."

Heck, if Obama mentioned that he had a "black eye" conservatives would call him a racist and lament that he doesn't represent all people.
TrakFan

Postby jazzcyclist » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:51 pm

TrakFan wrote:The ironic thing about some black conservatives (Herman Can/Clarence Thomas) is how they preach the importance of never using race as an excuse for their failures or successes, yet, will use the race card in an attempt to quell criticism. Clarence Thomas famously described his nomination as a "high-tech lynching for uppity blacks who in any way deign to think for themselves" And Cain recently stated "Jon Stewart does not like me, in my opinion, because I'm an American black conservative."

Great observation TrakFan! Black folks call it "going Kunta". You may also remember that Michael Jackson and O.J. went Kunta when they got their asses in a crack, and neither of them had much use for Black folks before then.
jazzcyclist