Leshawn Merritt's real problem

Normally open July 4th only---the one day a year when partisan politics, religion, etc. are acceptable topics on this Board (within reason). The forum is now closed.

Leshawn Merritt's real problem

Postby rudawal » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:44 am

Any man who has sat at track meets in the company of women of a certain stripe - and I sincerely believe this stripe represents the majority - will shed a tear for poor (i.e. poorly endowed) Leshawn. They swear for Asafa, no matter how often he falters in the clutch, just as their British sisters and the tabloids used to rave over Linford Christie's 'breadbox' back in the day.
While the press has not yet reached the point where they highlight runners at the opposite end of the spectrum, that day may not be far off. In any event, the men out there know full well that they are being weighed in the balance and often found wanting. What is a less-than-gifted modern-day male athlete to do? Put a sock in it? Don boxing trunks?
Any suggestions?
rudawal

Re: Leshawn Merritt's real problem

Postby Helen S » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:59 am

My suggestion? Don't worry about it- I think the song said it best "it's not the meat, it's the motion!"
Helen S

Postby rudawal » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:15 am

Helen S wrote:"it's not the meat, it's the motion!"

Too little meat, no motion I'm afraid
rudawal

Postby Daisy » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:08 pm

rudawal wrote:just as their British sisters and the tabloids used to rave over Linford Christie's 'breadbox' back in the day.

It was his 'lunch box' they raved about. :)

THE SPLENDIDLY gothic Royal Courts of Justice in the Strand have been the venue for tense corporate battles, acrimonious marriage breakdowns, celebrity libel actions. All human life, as they say, is here. It is a safe bet that yesterday was the first time the court had heard the term "lunch box" used in open court when it did not refer to something that you kept your sandwiches in.

It came during the celebrity libel action brought by Linford Christie, the former World and Olympic sprint champion, and it certainly had the trial judge confused.

Interjecting in an angry tirade from Christie on the subject, a bemused Mr Justice Popplewell asked: "What is Linford's lunch box?"

Amid laughter in the court, Christie replied: "It's a reference to my genitals, my lord."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/and-w ... 65856.html
Daisy

Postby Marlow » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:17 pm

rudawal wrote:Any man who has sat at track meets in the company of women of a certain stripe - and I sincerely believe this stripe represents the majority - will shed a tear for poor (i.e. poorly endowed) Leshawn.

I am compelled to unilaterally note that "Free-Speech" weekend does not mean it's "let's talk about the size of an athlete's genitals" week!! :roll: :wink:
Marlow

Postby lonewolf » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:21 pm

Marlow wrote:[I am compelled to unilaterally note that "Free-Speech" weekend does not mean it's "let's talk about the size of an athlete's genitals" week!! :roll: :wink:

Once again, my inexplicably liberal friend, Marlow, and I are in agreement.
lonewolf

Postby Marlow » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:39 pm

lonewolf wrote:my inexplicably liberal friend, Marlow

What can I say? My parents were Noblesse Oblige conservatives, which, when mixed in with a 1969-1973 Stanford (Hippie Central co-campus with Bezerkley) education, has only one possible outcome: Bleeding-Heart-Power-to-the-People Pinko-Commie leanings!! 8-)
Marlow

Postby Gebrucilassie » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:44 pm

Just my take, based on responses I've heard from at least a dozen guys. If I was LaShawn I would have just said I took steroids :lol:
Gebrucilassie

Postby lonewolf » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:45 pm

Marlow wrote:
lonewolf wrote:my inexplicably liberal friend, Marlow

What can I say? My parents were Noblesse Oblige conservatives, which, when mixed in with a 1969-1973 Stanford (Hippie Central co-campus with Bezerkley) education, has only one possible outcome: Bleeding-Heart-Power-to-the-People Pinko-Commie leanings!! 8-)

Ain't it a bitch? My ultra-conservative eldest daughter who won a flag waving scholarship as a teenager, emerged from the Univ Wash law school as a flaming limosine liberal. :evil:
Go figure. :?
lonewolf

Postby rudawal » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:55 pm

Marlow wrote:
lonewolf wrote:
my inexplicably liberal friend, Marlow
What can I say? My parents were Noblesse Oblige conservatives, which, when mixed in with a 1969-1973 Stanford (Hippie Central co-campus with Bezerkley) education, has only one possible outcome: Bleeding-Heart-Power-to-the-People Pinko-Commie leanings!!
Ain't it a bitch? My ultra-conservative eldest daughter who won a flag waving scholarship as a teenager, emerged from the Univ Wash law school as a flaming limosine liberal.
Go figure.

Your vast number of posts has evidently given you a measure of authority on this board. However, I humbly submit that the notion that there are set topics which fall under the heading of free spech is absurd. Strange as it may seem to you, each man determines for himself what he chooses to speak about. Merritt, by raising the extenz defense has drawn attention to the matter, and for me it has more relevance on a track and field site (which this still is) than the political leanings of your ancestors/ progeny.
rudawal

Postby lonewolf » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:59 pm

rudawal, it is not clear on whom you are conferring a measure of authority but, as related to T&F, I agree.
Last edited by lonewolf on Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lonewolf

Postby Marlow » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:01 pm

rudawal wrote:each man determines for himself what he chooses to speak about.

I claim no authority (nor even credibility!), but if the measure of a man (PUN!) is what he posts about, I think I'd rather be known for my heritage than my interest in other men's 'packages' . . . just sayin' . . . :twisted:
Marlow

Postby rudawal » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:20 pm

Marlow wrote:
rudawal wrote:each man determines for himself what he chooses to speak about.

I claim no authority (nor even credibility!), but if the measure of a man (PUN!) is what he posts about, I think I'd rather be known for my heritage than my interest in other men's 'packages' . . . just sayin' . . . :twisted:

And you certainly will not be the last man to feel a measure of discomfort when the subject of penis size arises...just saying
rudawal

Postby Pego » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:43 pm

lonewolf wrote:My ultra-conservative eldest daughter who won a flag waving scholarship as a teenager, emerged from the Univ Wash law school as a flaming limosine liberal.

You just can't overpraise quality education, now can you?
Pego

Postby gh » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:48 pm

Imagine what a little education does for one's outlook eh? :twisted:
gh

Postby Marlow » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:22 pm

rudawal wrote:And you certainly will not be the last man to feel a measure of discomfort when the subject of penis size arises...just saying

I can't even imagine what you're trying to say . . . that you are sizing me up over the internet as to my jock size?! :shock: Ewww - I feel so cheap and used! :P
Marlow

Postby rudawal » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:30 pm

Marlow wrote:
rudawal wrote:And you certainly will not be the last man to feel a measure of discomfort when the subject of penis size arises...just saying

I can't even imagine what you're trying to say . . . that you are sizing me up over the internet as to my jock size?! :shock: Ewww - I feel so cheap and used! :P

Free speech hurts.
rudawal

Postby Marlow » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:17 pm

rudawal wrote:
Marlow wrote:

Free speech hurts.

It's actually your psychic squeezing of my groinal region that really hurts!
Marlow

Postby bman » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:44 pm

Marlow wrote:It's actually your psychic squeezing of my groinal region that really hurts!

Best post ever written on this message board!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bman

Postby Daisy » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:55 pm

bman wrote:
Marlow wrote:It's actually your psychic squeezing of my groinal region that really hurts!

Best post ever written on this message board!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i thought this was old news, gh has been doing it for years. The only difference is that he has a voodoo doll.
Daisy

Postby lonewolf » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:56 pm

Pego wrote:
lonewolf wrote:My ultra-conservative eldest daughter who won a flag waving scholarship as a teenager, emerged from the Univ Wash law school as a flaming limosine liberal.

You just can't overpraise quality education, now can you?

Nope. :)
Funny thing. Her liberal streak did not surface until she hit a home run on a class action suit early in her career. However, if you press her on specifics, you would swear she was a conservative. I think maybe it is fashionable in her circles in Seattle to be a Democrat, just as it was prudent for my Republican father to register as a Democrat to get a dollar a day WPA job during the Depression.
On the other hand, my rock-ribbed Republican grandfather refused to subscribe to the Kiowa county newspaper. where we lived, because it was named the Hobart Democrat Chief, opting instead for the Sentinel Leader from neighboring Washita County
lonewolf

Postby Pelpa » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:57 pm

rudawal wrote:Any man who has sat at track meets in the company of women of a certain stripe - and I sincerely believe this stripe represents the majority - will shed a tear for poor (i.e. poorly endowed) Leshawn. They swear for Asafa, no matter how often he falters in the clutch, just as their British sisters and the tabloids used to rave over Linford Christie's 'breadbox' back in the day.
While the press has not yet reached the point where they highlight runners at the opposite end of the spectrum, that day may not be far off. In any event, the men out there know full well that they are being weighed in the balance and often found wanting. What is a less-than-gifted modern-day male athlete to do? Put a sock in it? Don boxing trunks?
Any suggestions?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.....funny
Pelpa

Postby Pelpa » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:06 pm

lonewolf wrote:
Marlow wrote:[I am compelled to unilaterally note that "Free-Speech" weekend does not mean it's "let's talk about the size of an athlete's genitals" week!! :roll: :wink:

Once again, my inexplicably liberal friend, Marlow, and I are in agreement.

To the contrary, this is a very relevant topic, particularly as it relates to sports culture and sports psychology. Merrit in particular as a sports star yielded to cultural demands expected of him to be swinging a lunch box and it was affecting him psychologically to the point his performance on the track and then in the bed were being affected. he ended taking horse tonic and got banned....its an important issue.
Pelpa