Gaga on HBO

A place for the discussion of all things not closely related to the sport and its competitive side. (as always, locked for the duration of major international championship)

Gaga on HBO

Postby Walt Murphy » Sun May 08, 2011 6:01 pm

If you're a fan of Lady Gaga, HBO Zone is airing her 2-hour special (taped at Madison Square Garden) on a continuous basis. The latest starts now(10pmET).
Walt Murphy

Re: Gaga on HBO

Postby guru » Sun May 08, 2011 6:38 pm

Ms. Germanotta's interview on 60 Minutes a couple months back was very enlightening. Not only is she talented, but she's very smart and very business saavy, far beyond her years.
guru

Postby lonewolf » Sun May 08, 2011 8:16 pm

I am certainly aware of Ms Gaga's existence but have only seen snippets of her performance. I have no idea whether she is talented or not but she is definitely a showman/marketer. From brief interviews that I have heard, I too get the impression that behind the glitz this ain't no dumb blonde.
lonewolf

Postby PCSExponent » Mon May 09, 2011 4:18 am

guru wrote:Ms. Germanotta's interview on 60 Minutes a couple months back was very enlightening.

As was her (full) 60 minute interview on Google. Ditto on the talented & very smart bits; I'm still not a fan of 90% of her music.
PCSExponent

Postby Marlow » Mon May 09, 2011 4:32 am

She took the Madonna template, updated it (only a little) and repackaged it for the 2010s.
Everything she does is meticulously planned for maximum effect. Good for her.
Marlow

Postby Walt Murphy » Mon May 09, 2011 5:54 am

I was ready to accept her as a gimmick act, but was impressed when I saw her perform on the Today Show a few months ago. And she puts on one helluva show--she made a point of saying on the HBO special that she never lip-syncs. With all of the dancing that she did, she never sounded out-of-breath or out-of-tune. Of course, I'm sure the dads who brought their pre-teen daughters to the show weren't prepared for her language or some of the routines!
Walt Murphy