Come On Guys!!!

Normally open July 4th only---the one day a year when partisan politics, religion, etc. are acceptable topics on this Board (within reason). The forum is now closed.

Come On Guys!!!

Postby Flumpy » Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:36 am

It's Free Speech Weekend. I look forward to this all year and yet no one is saying anything controversial at all.

Surely someone wants to slag off the gays, or Sarah Palin or rant about abortion or univeral health care.

We only get the chance for one weekend a year, let's make the most of it!!!
Flumpy

Re: Come On Guys!!!

Postby Daisy » Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:21 am

What are the origins of the word gay? Are all gays happy on the outside? I can't imagine most gays were happy when the term was coined. Or was there a pretense of happiness despite being misunderstood?

OK, not exactly a rant but I'm sure this thread can spiral out of control from here :)
Daisy

Postby kuha » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:00 am

Okay: A red hot controversy:

Who's the better actor: Mr. T or Chuck Norris?
kuha

Postby Marlow » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:08 am

kuha wrote:Okay: A red hot controversy:

I'm sure Jack Bauer can get to the truth.
Marlow

Postby IanS_Liv » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:45 am

Daisy wrote:What are the origins of the word gay? Are all gays happy on the outside? I can't imagine most gays were happy when the term was coined. Or was there a pretense of happiness despite being misunderstood?

OK, not exactly a rant but I'm sure this thread can spiral out of control from here :)

Most sources say it derives from the 16th C French word gaie, meaning "we're here, we're queer and we're going to convert all your children into butch dykes and screaming, cissy, nancy boys who love Judy, Liza, Bette and Barbara and lycra shorts so tight you can tell our religion." The French get a lot of meaning into one word you know.

Like most men's thoughts on a brothel, we're happier on the inside. ;)
IanS_Liv

Postby Conor Dary » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:59 am

kuha wrote:Okay: A red hot controversy:

Who is the bigger nut? I think CN has this hands down.

"Despite his widespread recognition, his 2008 book and an entire cult following dedicated to dreaming up alternative adages that celebrate his greatness (as in, “Life doesn't give Chuck Norris lemons: It asks what fruit he wants” or “Chuck Norris needs a concealed-carry permit to put his hands in his pockets.”), his endorsement didn't seem to help Mike Huckabee much during the 2008 presidential campaign."

http://swampland.blogs.time.com/2010/06 ... -endorser/
Conor Dary

Location: कनोर दारी in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.

Postby BisonHurdler » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:28 am

Conor Dary wrote: his endorsement didn't seem to help Mike Huckabee much during the 2008 presidential campaign."

http://swampland.blogs.time.com/2010/06 ... -endorser/

That's because most of the kids still telling Chuck Norris jokes at that point weren't old enough to vote.
BisonHurdler