Kentucky: Most Embarrassing

Normally open July 4th only---the one day a year when partisan politics, religion, etc. are acceptable topics on this Board (within reason). The forum is now closed.

Re: Kentucky: Most Embarrassing

Postby gh » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:43 pm

hasn't SOuth Carolina won the title? The state Jon Stewart now calls "America's whoopee cushion."
gh

Postby jazzcyclist » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:55 pm

Marlow wrote:
jazzcyclist wrote:I don't understand why a Christian like you wouldn't feel morally obligated to give them all equal protection under the criminal justice system.

Abortion debates are ALWAYS doomed to failure, because the passions are so overt. While I am dead set against abortions, that only relates to MY body, and since I can't get pregnant, I have no vote. Jazz, for you to tell a woman she canNOT abort is tantamount to a woman stranger telling you what you can and cannot do with your body. I realize you cannot agree with that, but that's my point; there is little agreement between the Pro-Life and Pro-Choice camps. The only thing I know is that I am 100% against anyone else deciding what MY morality should be.

You completely missed the point that I was trying to make. Go back 8 to 10 posts to see what led up to my post. For the record, I'm pro-choice, but I understand the law-and-order angle of the pro-life folks. Odelltrclan is a self-confessed conservative Christian who seems to be a pro-lifer sometimes and a pro-choicer on other occasions and I was trying to understand the logic of his positions.
jazzcyclist

Postby Marlow » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:43 pm

jazzcyclist wrote: For the record, I'm pro-choice.

:oops: My bad.
Marlow

Previous