collection of T&F, and other running and tri magazines

A place for amateurs to work on their track & field collections.

collection of T&F, and other running and tri magazines

Postby rory_tri » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:26 pm

I have a large collection (~850 in all) of running and triathlon magazines, including T&F News (all but a couple issues for 1991-2001, a couple more back to '87 and some more up to 2003); Runner's World (starting 1982), The Runner (1981-1987), New England Runner (20 issues), Running Times (100 issues), Triathlete (from 1984), Inside Triathlon (from 1994).and other triathlon magazines (including Australian tri magazines, etc...).

Please take a look if you are interested --the collection is photographed and described in detail at:
http://www.rorystuart.com/running_and_t ... hotos.html

It would be wonderful if these found a good home -- if you want to purchase all or part of the collection, I'd be happy to sell it at a reasonable price, just let me know and make me an offer.

Selling them would be my first choice but, if you know of a library or other non-profit place to which I could donate them (at least I'd get a charitable gift tax deduction and they could be used by lots of people), please let me know that as well, thanks! - Rory
rory_tri

Re: collection of T&F, and other running and tri magazines

Postby tpurdom » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:09 pm

Hello, i was wondering if you have the Jan issue 1968 T&F News issue. I am conducting a thesis on past track throwers and the lists that i need are in that issue. Or if we could work out a deal where i could obtain a copy of the lists. Me email is tp_soccer3@hotmail.com. Thanks, Troy
tpurdom

Postby rory_tri » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:48 am

Sorry, I don't have issues back that far -- dates in my original posting were correct -- good luck with this! Incidentally, other than some early issues of Runner's World and The Runner, this entire collection is still available, for either a very reasonable offer or for donation to a library or other non-profit. If you are in the NY area, you could pick these up w/ no shipping cost (otherwise keep in mind the shipping cost for 800+ magazines). Best, Rory
rory_tri

Postby pipky » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:46 am

Hello, if they are still available I would be interested in the Runners World 89-90,93, 95-98, Runner 81, 83-87, and Running Times (any pre-2000). Thanks. piplouky@yahoo.com
pipky