Lunn Racing Strong and Smart

Main message board: for the discussion of topical track & field items only.

Lunn Racing Strong and Smart

Postby Guest » Sat Jun 21, 2003 8:44 am

Jason Lunn is proving himself everytime out to be a very capable and tactically smart athlete.

Unlike some other 1500 guys who attempt to run "tough like Pre" and lead races early only to be gobbled up at the end (like Pre) Lunn realizes that the way to win races is to stay close to the front (but not lead)and finish strong. He has prepared himself for this type of racing with and is now positioned to be the class of this field.

He is strong enough to win a fast race with a fast finish and fast enough to win a slow race with a longer drive to the finish. The only question for this weekend is who will get 2nd and 3rd?

I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do against the fast guys.

Re: Lunn Racing Strong and Smart

Postby Guest » Sat Jun 21, 2003 10:42 am

I am hoping he can make the finals in either the World Championship or Olympics.

Postby bubba » Sat Jun 21, 2003 4:33 pm

First things first... let's hope he gets an A qualifier. Without that the likelihood of him getting to a World or Oly final is pretty slim.
bubba

Postby Guest » Sat Jun 21, 2003 4:36 pm

<First things first... let's hope he gets an A qualifier. Without that the likelihood of him getting to a World or Oly final is pretty slim.>

i agree lunn needs to drop his PR to 3.32- 3.33 range if he wants to make a major final.

Postby Guest » Sun Jun 22, 2003 7:29 am

Lets hope Lunn does it today. Lunn and the other top US milers might as well qualify today. My advice to them is get a rabbit for today's race. Nobody wants to trek around Europe in desperation for a qualifying time.

Postby Guest » Sun Jun 22, 2003 9:16 am

I don't see Lunn having trouble getting the qualifier. He's running so strong. I think he can run 3:34 today if the pace is fast - It won't be. But, he'll get it in Europe within the next couple of weeks.

It would be great to see him make the WC finals.

Postby Guest » Sun Jun 22, 2003 7:16 pm

Well, they ran into Lunn's hands. Actually, slow or fast would have been fine with him. For those of you who are saying that we don't have an American who will be able to compete - don't overlook him.

As I stated in the earlier posting - everyone else was running for second today. His confidence grows with every race he runs. I bet he is now chomping at the bit to run in Europe. He is excited and wants to see what he can do off a fast pace. And, he will do well - he shouldn't have a problem getting a qualifier.

He is fast, strong, tactically smart and getting more confident. He will do very well this summer.

Postby Guest » Sun Jun 22, 2003 9:28 pm

Lunn just needs to get 3:37.10 (B qualifier), right??