usatf friday evening

Main message board: for the discussion of topical track & field items only.

usatf friday evening

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 20, 2003 5:32 pm

the finals set for the men's and women's 100 meters. almost all of the favorites made it. who is this monzavous edwards guy ? he is the big surprise to me thus far. the finals are in about 90 mins. i will not sign on until tomorrow so i can watch the two races on tv on nbc. also angelo taylor got eliminated in the first round of the 400 h, what a waste of talent this guy is.

Re: usatf friday evening

Postby oldvaulter » Fri Jun 20, 2003 6:04 pm

Do you think Gail Devers can give Kelli White a run for it? Torri Edwards looking great too. I pick Kelli.

Sandra Glover, Lashinda Demus, and Raasin Macintosh could give us the best 400h team since Kim Batten's glory days. I pick Demus to upset Glover.

Angelo Taylor a disappointment. Justin Gatlin a mystery.
oldvaulter

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 20, 2003 6:19 pm

>Do you think Gail Devers can give Kelli White a
>run for it? Torri Edwards looking great too. I
>pick Kelli.

i pick inger miller, she has battled a lot of injuries the past few years, i believe her perseverance will pay off in athens 2004 if not paris in august, good luck inger.

Postby oldvaulter » Fri Jun 20, 2003 8:54 pm

Very fast time for Kelli White into a 1.1mps wind!

1 Kelli White NIKE 10.93 -1.1
2 Torri Edwards adidas 11.13 -1.1
3 Gail Devers NIKE 11.16 -1.1
4 Inger Miller NIKE 11.17 -1.1
5 Chryste Gaines NIKE 11.21 -1.1
6 Angela Williams NIKE 11.23 -1.1
7 Lauryn Williams Miami 11.34 -1.1
8 Angela Daigle Southern Cal 11.39 -1.1
oldvaulter

Postby Guest » Sat Jun 21, 2003 12:20 am

go
angela Wiiliams
everyone has forgotten
how she dominated college
the [ast 4 years
and how as a freshman in high school
beat kelli white
and went on to win 3 national championships in high as well

Postby Guest » Sat Jun 21, 2003 6:31 am

track is very fickle - we haven't forgotten - she just peaked very early in her career. Her 6th place finish was higher than I would have thought.

Postby Guest » Sat Jun 21, 2003 4:57 pm

the relal team will be good though with the top six with PRs of 11.1 or less. will the experience of devers, miller and gaines be enough to put them on the team regardless of their finish. will white be the anchor (i think she should) ? if devers makes the team in the hurdles wouldn't she again be running too many races ? in the heats williams should lead off, with edwards on the backstretch, miller on the curve and gaines as the anchor. in the final (assume we dont screw up our passes) gaines should lead off, then edwards, miller and white as the anchor. our main competition will be france (eeewww), jamaica and bahamas if they can get two runners to complement fynes and sturrup and ferguson.