Two Jamaica athletes tested positive for Banned substances!

This Forum was created to divert traffic from Current Events at the height of the BALCO scandal. It comes and goes as "needed"; it's back to being locked.

Postby knite » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:25 pm

guruof track wrote:
Sportsfanx1 wrote:Go post the facts about CARL LEWIS Positive Drugs test cover up in 1988.

Everyone know (Well the people who know the truth) that WADA/IAAF staffs do drug testing for Jamaica, and the SAMPLES are send to WADA/IAAF Certified Laboratories.

Stop Hating!!

I'm not hating, I freely admit Carl Lewis AND several others in his camp test positive for ban substances.

But again your continue to spread misinformation about the process the JAAA uses.

The process is equivalent to a TJ being the judge and measuring his own jumps or better yet the accused being the judge at his own trial.

But most already knew this....

Only way to solve doping is having independent bodies controlling this procedure. Unfortunately, we've learned the hard way.
knite

Postby guruof track » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:25 pm

Sportsfanx1 wrote:Make up you'll minds. First Jamaica don't have a drug testing and now They do testing.

The information is on IAAF websites, so I'm sure if you really want to know you would. ANY COUNTRY THAT DON'T HAVE A ANTI-DOPING COMMITTEE and FACILITIES in place. The IAAF representatives are the ones who do the TEST in that country. That is an IAAF rule and that on the WEBSITE Plain as day. IN 2004 the IAAF representatives and results send to their certified Laboratories did the testing. Go burn in hell with that crap!!

This is equivalent to saying Saddam Hussein was responsible for 9/11. Its misleading at a minimum or an outright lie at some level.
guruof track

Postby Sportsfanx1 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:25 pm

It's a waste of time with you'll anyway. Because THE information is PLAIN AS DAY on IAAF WEBSITE.
Sportsfanx1

Postby justblaze1011 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:28 pm

Sportsfanx1 wrote:It's a waste of time with you'll anyway. Because THE information is PLAIN AS DAY on IAAF WEBSITE.

Aww!! :cry:

:lol:
justblaze1011

Postby guruof track » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:29 pm

"I know a lot of NCAA coaches around the country who are very skeptical of the situation down there in Jamaica," said Al Schmidt, who is now in his 17th season as the head coach for the Mississippi State's men's and women's track teams.

"I guess we were also naive to not fight this as hard as we should have. We put our faith in the JAAA and it appears that they didn't know what they were doing."

http://www.trackshark.com/articles/2005/14.php

The situation has not changed since 2004. Its the same exact system. The question is 'Do you have faith in the current system?'
guruof track

Postby rudeboy » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:37 pm

justblaze1011 wrote:Damn Guru, I think you hit a button. He telling people to burn in hell...geez!! Sensitive aren't we???

Come on guys. Jamaica is the 5th most tested country in the world. That's a fact. Just be honest here. The IAAF published the information late last year or early this year. Look it up.
rudeboy

Postby Sportsfanx1 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:39 pm

Oh an American saying he/she is skeptical of system in Jamaica.

I would be digging a whole to hide my face, If was in associated with what took place IN 1988 in USA. IT'S ASHAME AND DISGRACE!! But then again, it's common place to you.

LOL, I'm sure you saying with a straight face. "I admit Carl Lewis tested Positive" And he was still allowed to take part, but that just to show the INTEGRITY OF USA Track and Field Body.

I see...if they don't have any form of moral responsibility... I don't expect their fans to do.
Sportsfanx1

Postby guruof track » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:41 pm

rudeboy wrote:
justblaze1011 wrote:Damn Guru, I think you hit a button. He telling people to burn in hell...geez!! Sensitive aren't we???

Come on guys. Jamaica is the 5th most tested country in the world. That's a fact. Just be honest here. The IAAF published the information late last year or early this year. Look it up.

Who is disputing that????
guruof track

Postby Sportsfanx1 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:42 pm

rudeboy wrote:

Everything is on IAAF WEBSITE. That just goes to show.. how much information they are willing to gain.

It's obvious they are just HATING!
Sportsfanx1

Postby RamGoat » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:49 pm

I just want to hear the names.. To me, athletes getting caught is better than nothing, because drug use is still rampant.
RamGoat

Postby gh » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:54 pm

Sportsfanx1 wrote:...
Unlike USTF/USDA, where test at their trials are done by USDA/USTF. Test at Jamaica's Trial and out of competition are done by WADA/IAAF staffs, and send to WADA/IAAF Laboratories.

USATF has not had anything to do with testing since USADA was formed.
gh

Postby justblaze1011 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:04 pm

rudeboy wrote:

And no one is disputing that my yute :D
justblaze1011

Postby Tammy_Baby » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:47 pm

Just great, just what we need right before World Championships…I don’t care who it is, but we the public need to be informed. This right here is one of the reasons I don’t point fingers at the US athletes and I don’t buy into the “we are Jamaicans, we don’t do drugs” hype…Anybody can do it, and anyone can be susceptible to the lure of wanting to be on top, no matter the cost…It’s bad enough some of our athletes are suspected of being dirty, now this…

I was unfamiliar with the whole Steve Mullings situation until about 2 years ago, and after reading abt it, I must admit, things are real sketchy, now I'm not pointing fingers, but sometimes, we need to stop blaming the Americans and pointing out their mishaps to deflect from our issues. While I think the majority of the Jamaican athletes are clean, its situations like this that goes to show that you can never be 100% sure of anyone AND that drug use in track and field is every country's problem and Jamaica is not immune because the athletes are humans...No amount of chastisement from our people or possible death from overzealous gunmen is going to deter someone from taking drugs if it means tiime in the spotlight.... We as fans and even citizens need to wake up. It's time we stop this damn US vs Jamaica problem and see the issues for what they are. Jamaica HAS a drug problem too. While it's not a prominent situation, it is a situation that has occurred, and I don't care if whoever is caught trains in the US or not. The fact of the matter is, it's a Jamaican athlete. And for those who think that drugs can't cross the border or can't be accessible to an athlete if needs be, please take off the rose colored glasses.

I however applaud the JAAA for bringing to light the situation, and await the revelation of these athletes. I also hope that this situation also pushes them to enforce more stringent policies and to encourage them to step up their game in the fight to clean up our sport.
Tammy_Baby

Postby nony » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:57 pm

guruof track wrote:"I know a lot of NCAA coaches around the country who are very skeptical of the situation down there in Jamaica," said Al Schmidt, who is now in his 17th season as the head coach for the Mississippi State's men's and women's track teams.

"I guess we were also naive to not fight this as hard as we should have. We put our faith in the JAAA and it appears that they didn't know what they were doing."

The situation has not changed since 2004. Its the same exact system. The question is 'Do you have faith in the current system?'

Some people just won't be happy unless Bolt or Asafa test positve. :roll:
nony

Postby Tammy_Baby » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:05 pm

nony wrote:
guruof track wrote:"I know a lot of NCAA coaches around the country who are very skeptical of the situation down there in Jamaica," said Al Schmidt, who is now in his 17th season as the head coach for the Mississippi State's men's and women's track teams.

I agree with this sentiment also nony. This was my feelings on Trackshark when almost everyone said that steve was pushed under the bus to protect asafa and I was like really??? My thing is while that whole incident was sketchy, you wanna tell me that had asafa been using he wouldnt have been caught already by the iaaf, and i don't think i'm naive to think that...as much as I endured on TS as a Jamaican, I know a lot of these TS posters have changed their tune towards especially asafa and bolt, but are secretly hoping they test postive to confirm their suspicions...I know some are just waiting like vultures for these two names to be called, and don't get me started on how they did SAF
Tammy_Baby

Postby malephenom » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:41 pm

Well maybe you should be a little bit more diligent with your search for facts as this article seem to contradict your proclamation on being an expert of JAAA's polices and procedure. http://tinyurl.com/n7k3wg
malephenom

Postby nony » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:55 pm

malephenom wrote:

Well maybe you should be a little bit more diligent with your search for facts as this article seem to contradict your proclamation on being an expert of JAAA's polices and procedure. http://tinyurl.com/n7k3wg

It's quite simple for some people, the only way we will believe in your testing procedures is to bring us postive test of all your top athletes. No way that poor ass third world country of only 2.8 million can be that good. guru seems so frustrated like him out fi start bawl.
nony

Postby justblaze1011 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:58 pm

Tammy_Baby wrote:
nony wrote:

I agree with this sentiment also nony. This was my feelings on Trackshark when almost everyone said that steve was pushed under the bus to protect asafa and I was like really??? My thing is while that whole incident was sketchy, you wanna tell me that had asafa been using he wouldnt have been caught already by the iaaf, and i don't think i'm naive to think that...as much as I endured on TS as a Jamaican, I know a lot of these TS posters have changed their tune towards especially asafa and bolt, but are secretly hoping they test postive to confirm their suspicions...I know some are just waiting like vultures for these two names to be called, and don't get me started on how they did SAF

i'll get you started....12.11 to 10.78 during the 2008 year. 11.31 in 2007 to Olympic Champ the next. That extra butter and salt does wonders for Jiffy Pop Popcorn ah???

LMAO :lol: :wink:
justblaze1011

Postby nony » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:00 pm

justblaze1011 wrote:
Tammy_Baby wrote:
nony wrote:

i'll get you started....12.11 to 10.78 during the 2008 year. 11.31 in 2007 to Olympic Champ the next. That extra butter and salt does wonders for Jiffy Pop Popcorn ah???

All of a sudden mr 9.84 man is going below 9.8
nony

Postby justblaze1011 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:05 pm

Tammy_Baby wrote:Just great, just what we need right before World Championships…I don’t care who it is, but we the public need to be informed. This right here is one of the reasons I don’t point fingers at the US athletes and I don’t buy into the “we are Jamaicans, we don’t do drugs” hype…Anybody can do it, and anyone can be susceptible to the lure of wanting to be on top, no matter the cost…It’s bad enough some of our athletes are suspected of being dirty, now this…

I was unfamiliar with the whole Steve Mullings situation until about 2 years ago, and after reading abt it, I must admit, things are real sketchy, now I'm not pointing fingers, but sometimes, we need to stop blaming the Americans and pointing out their mishaps to deflect from our issues. While I think the majority of the Jamaican athletes are clean, its situations like this that goes to show that you can never be 100% sure of anyone AND that drug use in track and field is every country's problem and Jamaica is not immune because the athletes are humans...No amount of chastisement from our people or possible death from overzealous gunmen is going to deter someone from taking drugs if it means tiime in the spotlight.... We as fans and even citizens need to wake up. It's time we stop this damn US vs Jamaica problem and see the issues for what they are. Jamaica HAS a drug problem too. While it's not a prominent situation, it is a situation that has occurred, and I don't care if whoever is caught trains in the US or not. The fact of the matter is, it's a Jamaican athlete. And for those who think that drugs can't cross the border or can't be accessible to an athlete if needs be, please take off the rose colored glasses.

I however applaud the JAAA for bringing to light the situation, and await the revelation of these athletes. I also hope that this situation also pushes them to enforce more stringent policies and to encourage them to step up their game in the fight to clean up our sport.

Aye gal, come kiss mi nuh baby!! :lol:

This is by far the best post...hands down. I guess that Conf. USA education paid off after all LMAO!!!! :lol:

:wink:
Last edited by justblaze1011 on Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
justblaze1011

Postby justblaze1011 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:11 pm

nony wrote:
justblaze1011 wrote:
Tammy_Baby wrote:
nony wrote:

Yeah, and Mr. I can slow down, give daps to my Jamaican Long Jumper teammate, while playing dominos, afterwards, catch a game of spades, win that, then do a peppa seed dance off against Spagga Benz and still break the world record, once was a 400m runner Bolt is now talking about running 9.5. Now Mr. 10,03 one year to friggin 8.89 the next is just the product of good home training and grass tracks training right???

Point two at me, I can point three right back at you!
justblaze1011

Postby bman » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:17 pm

A few things from the article I would like cleared up, I'm sure you have probably been over this but I wasn't at Trackshark when this went down....

Mullings is trying to request a DNA sample from the original test to prove that it's not his. Mullings continues to fight that he is innocent of any wrongdoing

What happened with this?

According to published reports from the BBC, Mullings tested positive twice for testosterone.

So there was the June 24 test and then what? It says in the article his next test on August 5 was negative.

Meanwhile, Dr. Marion Bullock-Ducasse has been asked to chair an interim committee set up by the newly formed Jamaica Anti Doping Agency, until the appropriate legislation has been put in place.

So there is a Jamaica Anti Doping Agency? But the JAAA conducts the tests?
bman

Postby nony » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:19 pm

justblaze1011 wrote:
nony wrote:
justblaze1011 wrote:
Tammy_Baby wrote:
nony wrote:

Yeah, and Mr. I can slow down, give daps to my Jamaican Long Jumper teammate, while playing dominos, afterwards, catch a game of spades, win that, then do a peppa seed dance off against Spagga Benz and still break the world record, once was a 400m runner Bolt is now talking about running 9.5. Now Mr. 10,03 one year to friggin 8.89 the next is just the product of good home training and grass tracks training right???

Point two at me, I can point three right back at you!

Oh snap!!! he came hard, not bad for a poor country with 2.8 million people, running on grass tracks. What a great think it would be if Bolt does go 9.5, Carl wpuld piss his panties.
nony

Postby malephenom » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:57 pm

Well the plot thickens as a significant number is now rumoured to have tested positive. Does seem odd that those being implicated did not gain much not even PBs as they were only alternate half pints.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/htm ... CHEATS.asp

Hmmmm there have always being proper testing at JAAA trials so its not a question of prudence so could this be a backlash of their Beijing success as athletes who missed out on the blings in China wanted in on the Berlin gold rush.

Also this without question clarifies the independence of the Jamaica dope testing agency.
malephenom

Postby scoe » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:36 pm

The worst taste in my mouth is NOT about the cheats who have been found out and will be appropriately punished, but a large country whose drug taking athletes habits, especially in sprints up to 400m, brought more ignominy to and disgust with our sport than any other, except East Germany.

Yes, we are talking Olympic Champions and World Champions and an endless list of 400m sprinters huzzahed by those fans shouting ''we are the best''. These athletes in that country were able to play the lawyer game for too long with a mealy- mouthed National track and field authority who spouted weak kneed rubbish on several famous occasions ( a fellow called Reynolds springs to mind)
Many posters on this Forum were not, I suspect, as ruthlessly tough on their athletes cheating, which we lesser mortals knew had been going on throughout the track and field scene throughout the Eighties and Nineties.

Nothing so nasty and hypocritical as the almost joyful ,speculative and largely hysterical outbursts against 5 Jamaican cheats . What a good idea if the posters of that country were to leave it to Jamaicans to express sadness and disappoinment at what is about to unfold.

One thing that independent track fans know is that a lot of that particular country's fans can never forgive, deep in the hearts, the fact that Bolt , Asafa and the Jamaican women sprinters are currently, but not forever, possibly better at the very apex than this country's sprinters. Just look athe obsession with the hundreds and hundreds of posts about Gay, Bolt etc.

Yes, posters, its the United States of America.

Track and field is still continuing despite Jones, Gatlin and others who never were officially caught out..!!!
scoe

Postby Haskell45 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:42 pm

According to our sources, none of the country's premier sprinters are among the five. However, three of the athletes - two male and the female - are members of Jamaica's sprint (4x100m) relay pools, having finished in the top six of the 100 metres.

The other two male athletes were selected to Jamaica's team, having finished in the top six of the 400m metres and are members of the 4x400m relay pool.

laux :lol: :lol:

200 and 400 as i said.

boy it look obvious is who now lol.

5 athletes come on man, these guys must have really thought they could draw in medals.
But it greatly puts Jamaica at a disadvantage in Berlin, in the respective events.

We have to give credit where credit is due still! JAAA is doing a pretty good job. Better to catch some than believe there are none.
Haskell45

Postby justblaze1011 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:49 pm

scoe wrote:The worst taste in my mouth is NOT about the cheats who have been found out and will be appropriately punished, but a large country whose drug taking athletes habits, especially in sprints up to 400m, brought more ignominy to and disgust with our sport than any other, except East Germany.

Yes, we are talking Olympic Champions and World Champions and an endless list of 400m sprinters huzzahed by those fans shouting ''we are the best''. These athletes in that country were able to play the lawyer game for too long with a mealy- mouthed National track and field authority who spouted weak kneed rubbish on several famous occasions ( a fellow called Reynolds springs to mind)
Many posters on this Forum were not, I suspect, as ruthlessly tough on their athletes cheating, which we lesser mortals knew had been going on throughout the track and field scene throughout the Eighties and Nineties.

Nothing so nasty and hypocritical as the almost joyful ,speculative and largely hysterical outbursts against 5 Jamaican cheats . What a good idea if the posters of that country were to leave it to Jamaicans to express sadness and disappoinment at what is about to unfold.

One thing that independent track fans know is that a lot of that particular country's fans can never forgive, deep in the hearts, the fact that Bolt , Asafa and the Jamaican women sprinters are currently, but not forever, possibly better at the very apex than this country's sprinters. Just look athe obsession with the hundreds and hundreds of posts about Gay, Bolt etc.

Track and field is still continuing despite Jones, Gatlin and others who never were officially caught out..!!!

Wow, talking skydiving in the dark. Most retarded, one sided post I've seen in a while. Great job tho!

:roll:
justblaze1011

Postby bman » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:51 pm

scoe wrote:The worst taste in my mouth is NOT about the cheats who have been found out and will be appropriately punished, but a large country whose drug taking athletes habits, especially in sprints up to 400m, brought more ignominy to and disgust with our sport than any other, except East Germany.

Do you have any idea how stupid you sound?

No one except the most foolish fans are interested in comparing positive tests as a means of smearing fans of the other nation. All we have are facts. You are so paranoid about the competition between us that you will fight at the drop of a hat.
bman

Postby doug091463 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:58 pm

since they say its not one of jamaica's premier sprinters, so it is NOT bolt or powell, the bad thing for those 2 is even though they may be 100% innocent, that there teammates got caught, lots of people are going to say those 2 are not clean they just did not get caught. absolutely unfair to then, but it's a reality.
doug091463

Postby Haskell45 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:03 am

5 is a piss pot load.
Its good that we are cleaning house though, its embarrassing but its the right thing.
Other countries need to follow this example; there are a whole lot a athletes around the world doing this. This incident only shows how intertwined doping is in T&F, especially when it comes to desperation for success.
Haskell45

Postby bman » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:03 am

According to our sources, none of the country's premier sprinters are among the five. However, three of the athletes - two male and the female - are members of Jamaica's sprint (4x100m) relay pools, having finished in the top six of the 100 metres.

Finals
1 Bolt, Usain 22 Racers Track Club 10.11 9.86 -0.2
2 Powell, Asafa 26 Mvp Track Club 10.03 9.97 -0.2
3 Frater, Micheal 26 Mvp Track Club 10.15 10.02 -0.2
4 Anderson, Marvin 27 Racers Track Club 10.18 10.07 -0.2
5 Mullings, Steve 26 Unattached 10.07 10.08 -0.2
6 Blake, Yohan 19 Racers Track Club 10.13 10.09 -0.2

Finals
1 Fraser, Shelly-Ann 22 Mvp Track Club 11.19 10.88 -1.5
2 Stewart, Kerron 25 Unattached 11.34 10.93 -1.5
3 Brooks, Sheri-Ann 26 Unattached 11.42 11.16 -1.5
4 Facey, Simone 24 Unattached 11.45 11.23 -1.5
5 Bailey, Aleen 28 Unattached 11.34 11.30 -1.5
6 Henry, Samantha 20 Louisiana State 11.35 11.36 -1.5
bman

Postby RamGoat » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:07 am

I am GUESSING (guys) that mulling is one of them for sure..

The other two men can be picked from:
an MVP person
and Two racers people..

hmmm...
RamGoat

Postby 3a » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:16 am

RamGoat wrote:I am GUESSING (guys) that mulling is one of them for sure..

The other two men can be picked from:
an MVP person
and Two racers people..

hmmm...
I'd be surprised with any of those ladies. Aside from Henry, I think they're all big names. :cry: I just find it odd that it's the also rans being caught for drugs whilst their compatriots run WR's, WL's and NR's clean.
3a

Postby infinityemmo » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:27 am

Tammy_Baby wrote:
nony wrote:

and those hypo's can *** slow :D
infinityemmo

Postby infinityemmo » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:28 am

nony wrote:
justblaze1011 wrote:
Tammy_Baby wrote:
nony wrote:

he's talking ish 9.5 now :shock:
infinityemmo

Postby Jon » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:45 am

Latest report says five Jamaicans have tested positive.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/others ... tests.html
Jon

Postby The Atheist » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:56 am

Jon wrote:Latest report says five Jamaicans have tested positive.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/others ... tests.html

Ah fuck...

Now it's saying that 3 of the 5 that failed the drug test were Jamaican 4x100 team members (2 mens 4x100 team members and 1 womens 4x100 team member).

So now unless it's just Frater and Carter, we are looking at one of the big boys going down I guess.

::shakes head::
The Atheist

Postby Jon » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:08 am

Whoever it turns out to be, the guilt-by-association is going to have a big effect on the leading sprinters. If it's Blake and/or Anderson, they train with Bolt. If it's Carter and/or Carter, they train with Powell. And if it's Mullings, he trains with Gay (I think... or at least that's what a TV commentator said recently).
Jon

Postby lalala » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:15 am

I still think the guilt by association thing is overplayed since balco. If one guy from a training group tests positive, there is no real reason to suggest the entire squad is juiced up. Two or more, however...
lalala

Postby LopenUupunut » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:22 am

The Atheist wrote:Now it's saying that 3 of the 5 that failed the drug test were Jamaican 4x100 team members (2 mens 4x100 team members and 1 womens 4x100 team member).

So now unless it's just Frater and Carter, we are looking at one of the big boys going down I guess.
They almost certainly mean Berlin relay pool rather than last year's OG team. This will be clear if you can find the few posts above that don't involve US and non-US posters fighting each other...
LopenUupunut

PreviousNext