Two Jamaica athletes tested positive for Banned substances!

This Forum was created to divert traffic from Current Events at the height of the BALCO scandal. It comes and goes as "needed"; it's back to being locked.

Postby rudeboy » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:33 pm

I am still disappointed, but happy it's not any of the stars.
rudeboy

Postby Fortis4Eva » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:36 pm

As a fan of track and field not just Jamaica track and field I'm saddened when ever any athlete tests positive for any banned substance. It puts the sport I love in the public eye in a bad light just as it seems it was coming slowly out of the doldrums.
Fortis4Eva

Postby guru » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:37 pm

One male, one female.
guru

Postby 110hedgeNYC » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:39 pm

Fortis4Eva wrote:As a fan of track and field not just Jamaica track and field I'm saddened when ever any athlete tests positive for any banned substance. It puts the sport I love in the public eye in a bad light just as it seems it was coming slowly out of the doldrums.

yep. exactly. frustrating.

thing is, I'm a big fan of the Jamaican team. I like Bolt and Asafa, love watching those guys run, though I gotta root for Tyson when the battle.

call me naive, but I am convinced that all 3 of these top stars are clean, clean and clean.

sucks that some other punks gotta mess up everyone else's reputations, just by association (not fair, not logical, but true).
110hedgeNYC

Postby Sportsfanx1 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:40 pm

rainy.here wrote:
OBUTRACKSTER wrote:I got a bad feelin it coulda been the racers.. I just saw a picture of Yohan practicing.. Dude is swooollllleeee for a 19 year old!

Whether you get a feeling or not, and whether you turn out to be correct or not, you should not be speculating names without evidence. We will find out in due time who it is.

That rule doesn't apply to Jamaicans. There is no privacy...when it comes to the words Doping and Jamaica in the same sentence. They lucky they haven't get some good beating to begin with.
Sportsfanx1

Postby onlooker » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:41 pm

I think it's time for them to start handing out life ban for first time offenders, it's getting ridiculous.

One love!
onlooker

Postby Fortis4Eva » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:41 pm

guru wrote:One male, one female.

Is this confirmed?
Fortis4Eva

Postby guru » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:43 pm

Fortis4Eva wrote:
guru wrote:One male, one female.

Is this confirmed?

According to World-Track source, same source saying they're not A-listers.
guru

Postby knite » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:01 pm

This is unfortunate *SMH*

how does anyone know the type of sprinter but not know who if they are saying a "200/400" runner...?
knite

Postby TrainerPhil » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:01 pm

Knee jerk reaction:

"This is bad for Jamaican track and bad for track and field"

But after giving it some thought, this is actually a good thing. The JAAA has been accused of not properly testing it's athletes. The Jamaican sprinters have been accused by a lot of people (including some of you on this board) of taking PEDs. So the fact that JAAA has caught a couple of it's sprinters means that they are in fact testing. And with these guys caught, it means that the bigger sprinters like Bolt, Asafa, Kerron, SAF etc are being tested and are clean.

I'm still interested to see who the two sprinters are. I sincerly hope it is not young Yohan. I don't think you can call him an A-Lister yet, but he sure has the goods to be on very soon.
TrainerPhil

Postby Sportsfanx1 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:02 pm

onlooker wrote:I think it's time for them to start handing out life ban for first time offenders, it's getting ridiculous.

One love!

I feelin you. Bannish them for life!! or maybe a 50-70yrs Ban. Give them something that...they will not be able to compete again and fans and athletes alike don't have to worry about them ever again.
Sportsfanx1

Postby RamGoat » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:04 pm

knite wrote:This is unfortunate *SMH*

how does anyone know the type of sprinter but not know who if they are saying a "200/400" runner...?

Well if its not an A lister, and Jamaica only has A listers in 100m and 1 in the 200m which is Bolt. Then I guess it would be those sprint events.
RamGoat

Postby Sportsfanx1 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:06 pm

knite wrote:This is unfortunate *SMH*

We will know soon enough. JAAA will notify them. Same thing like last year with that fool, Dunkley.
Sportsfanx1

Postby onlooker » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:07 pm

If they are from any of the 2 power house clubs, it will implicate the whole entire club

One Love!
onlooker

Postby Brian » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:08 pm

TrainerPhil wrote:Knee jerk reaction:

But after giving it some thought, this is actually a good thing. The JAAA has been accused of not properly testing it's athletes. The Jamaican sprinters have been accused by a lot of people (including some of you on this board) of taking PEDs. So the fact that JAAA has caught a couple of it's sprinters means that they are in fact testing. And with these guys caught, it means that the bigger sprinters like Bolt, Asafa, Kerron, SAF etc are being tested and are clean.

I'm still interested to see who the two sprinters are. I sincerly hope it is not young Yohan. I don't think you can call him an A-Lister yet, but he sure has the goods to be on very soon.

I agree it's a good thing.

Unfortunately, it still gives Carl Lewis greater credibility with the know-nothing/care-even-less members of the mainstream press.
Brian

Postby Sportsfanx1 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:11 pm

Yohan Blake, being the 3 fastest Jamaican male sprinter, is more likely be in Jamaica's list of first tier sprinters. It's not Yohan. I'm leaning to one male in my mind. I'll just see in the next couple days if my hunch is correct.
Sportsfanx1

Postby 2 cents » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:13 pm

TrainerPhil wrote:The Jamaican sprinters have been accused by a lot of people (including some of you on this board) of taking PEDs. So the fact that JAAA has caught a couple of it's sprinters means that they are in fact testing. And with these guys caught, it means that the bigger sprinters like Bolt, Asafa, Kerron, SAF etc are being tested and are clean.

I don't make allegations regarding drug use, but just know that you are easily manipulated....
2 cents

Postby TrainerPhil » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:13 pm

onlooker wrote:If they are from any of the 2 power house clubs, it will implicate the whole entire club

One Love!

Y? If the other members of the club all tested negative and one fool tested positive because he/she is trying to catch up to and stay with his/her training partners, how does this implicate the entire club? These guys still have the capicity to act on their own.

And yes to lifetime bans for first time offenses. If the athletes know there is no second chance, most would not risk being banned.
TrainerPhil

Postby Sportsfanx1 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:17 pm

Brian wrote:

I agree it's a good thing.

Unfortunately, it still gives Carl Lewis greater credibility with the know-nothing/care-even-less members of the mainstream press.

What credibility it gives Lewis? If I recall he said...Jamaica doesn't have a testing system. Jamaica test is perform by IAAF/WADA staffs and goes directly to IAAF/WADA certified LABORATORIES. This further shows his ignorance, to what really takes place in Jamaica.
Last edited by Sportsfanx1 on Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sportsfanx1

Postby TrainerPhil » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:18 pm

2 cents wrote:
TrainerPhil wrote:The Jamaican sprinters have been accused by a lot of people (including some of you on this board) of taking PEDs. So the fact that JAAA has caught a couple of it's sprinters means that they are in fact testing. And with these guys caught, it means that the bigger sprinters like Bolt, Asafa, Kerron, SAF etc are being tested and are clean.

I don't make allegations regarding drug use, but just know that you are easily manipulated....

I can read between the lines. But what you are thinking can be said about all countries. All countries could throw smaller names under the bus to protect their biggest stars. Surely you are suspicious of everyone then 2 cents.
TrainerPhil

Postby 2 cents » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:20 pm

Yes, Trainer Phil, I simply do not know what I do not know, and I do not take things at face value...That is all, it is not an allegation, it is symptomatic of a skeptical and analytical nature...
2 cents

Postby rudeboy » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:23 pm

onlooker wrote:If they are from any of the 2 power house clubs, it will implicate the whole entire club

One Love!

So, if it is Steve Mullings, does it implicate Tyson Gay and Veronica Campbell?
rudeboy

Postby TrainerPhil » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:25 pm

2 cents wrote:Yes, Trainer Phil, I simply do not know what I do not know, and I do not take things at face value...That is all, it is not an allegation, it is symptomatic of a skeptical and analytical nature...

So you trust no one in track? Carl Lewis? Flo Jo? Jackie JK? Gay? Bolt? You question the validity of all performances? If so, why would you even want to watch track?
TrainerPhil

Postby Sportsfanx1 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:27 pm

2 cents wrote:

Unlike USTF/USDA, where test at their trials are done by USDA/USTF. Test at Jamaica's Trial and out of competition are done by WADA/IAAF staffs, and send to WADA/IAAF Laboratories.
Sportsfanx1

Postby guruof track » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:32 pm

These arent the first positives test out of JAAA. Julien Dunkley tested positive last year and 'supposedly' Steve Mullings did in 2004, but thats a whole nother issue Tom Borish brought up more than enough evidence around that test that CLEARLY showed someone tampering with the sample ID numbers. WHat I would call a switch-a-roo.
guruof track

Postby 2 cents » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:32 pm

TrainerPhil wrote:
2 cents wrote:Yes, Trainer Phil, I simply do not know what I do not know, and I do not take things at face value...That is all, it is not an allegation, it is symptomatic of a skeptical and analytical nature...

So you trust no one in track? Carl Lewis? Flo Jo? Jackie JK? Gay? Bolt? You question the validity of all performances? If so, why would you even want to watch track?

I don't trust politicians, but I still enjoy the spectacle.....I am simply acknowledging the truth, which is that much of it remains inaccessible.
2 cents

Postby TrainerPhil » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:37 pm

Sportsfanx1 wrote:
2 cents wrote:

Unlike USTF/USDA, where test at their trials are done by USDA/USTF. Test at Jamaica's Trial and out of competition are done by WADA/IAAF staffs, and send to WADA/IAAF Laboratories.

Well if this is so, it would make it difficult for Jamaican officials to perform a cover up. If an outside, neutral party is doing the testing, the results would be more believable, right 2 cents?
TrainerPhil

Postby 2 cents » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:39 pm

Trainer Phil, I am not making any allegations. Read my above post for my response.
2 cents

Postby Sportsfanx1 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:41 pm

guruof track wrote:

These arent the first positives test out of JAAA. Julien Dunkley tested positive last year and 'supposedly' Steve Mullings did in 2004, but thats a whole nother issue Tom Borish brought up more than enough evidence around that test that CLEARLY showed someone tampering with the sample ID numbers. WHat I would call a switch-a-roo.

Switch-a-roo with who? Do you know that WADA/IAAF staffs are the ones that collect Samples for Jamaican athletes at TRIALS????? Please stop your foolishness.
Sportsfanx1

Postby justblaze1011 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:54 pm

**Any minute now, someone will find a way to blame it on the USA**

**As I sit back and laugh, because most of these same people was on Trackshark that is on here now under different names was claiming that Jamaicans don't use PED's**
justblaze1011

Postby guruof track » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:03 pm

Sportfanx, I wont speculate on whose test might have been switched. But the samples were CLEARLY tampered with. There was even a sample missing. Mullings original type out sample cover was handwritten over.

Maybe nothing happened, but when samples are tampered with thats makes the whole ordeal look underhanded.

http://www.trackshark.com/articles/2005/14.php

Furthermore, the JAAA does do testing, but they don't have an independent testing body. I won't even go into the problems tha can arise from this set-up.
Last edited by guruof track on Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
guruof track

Postby Sportsfanx1 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:07 pm

guruof track wrote:Sportfanx, I wont speculate on whose test might have been switched. But the samples were CLEARLY tampered with. There was even a sample missing. Mullings original type out sample cover was handwritten over.

Maybe nothing happened, but when samples are tampered with thats makes the whole ordeal look underhanded.

I guess the people them from WADA/IAAF Tamper with testing. Mullings was a cheat!!! He should've been BAN FOR LIFE!!!
Sportsfanx1

Postby justblaze1011 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:07 pm

guruof track wrote:Sportfanx, I wont speculate on whose test might have been switched. But the samples were CLEARLY tampered with. There was even a sample missing. Mullings original type out sample cover was handwritten over.

http://www.trackshark.com/articles/2005/14.php

No you didn't post something thats facts??? What I tell you about that back on TS man??? Shame on you!!
justblaze1011

Postby guruof track » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:14 pm

Sportsfanx1 wrote:

I guess the people them from WADA/IAAF Tamper with testing. Mullings was a cheat!!! He should've been BAN FOR LIFE!!!

That test was taking by the JAAA (and tampered with), then sent to the IAAF for them to run test. The ID numbers didnt match at the JAAA level. These are facts, not speculation. Its questionable if that test really belonged to Mullings.

Your on this board spreading misinformation about the JAAA and its testing procedures. The JAAA DOES do testing, hell they test at their OWN trials. BUT there is NO oversight body or committee to keep the process honest. You can't sell me those lemons and tell me they are oranges. I KNOW the facts on this.

The US has an independent drug testing body outside the USATF.
Last edited by guruof track on Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
guruof track

Postby Sportsfanx1 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:15 pm

Go post the facts about CARL LEWIS Positive Drugs test cover up in 1988.

Everyone know (Well the people who know the truth) that WADA/IAAF staffs do drug testing for Jamaica, and the SAMPLES are send to WADA/IAAF Certified Laboratories.

Stop Hating!!
Sportsfanx1

Postby track_expert » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:17 pm

Do you guys think by testing athletes, it is the sure way to catch them? What about unknown and undetectable drugs? Very naive to assume everyon who tests negative is also 100% clean.
track_expert

Postby guruof track » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:18 pm

Sportsfanx1 wrote:Go post the facts about CARL LEWIS Positive Drugs test cover up in 1988.

Everyone know (Well the people who know the truth) that WADA/IAAF staffs do drug testing for Jamaica, and the SAMPLES are send to WADA/IAAF Certified Laboratories.

Stop Hating!!

I'm not hating, I freely admit Carl Lewis AND several others in his camp test positive for ban substances.

But again your continue to spread misinformation about the process the JAAA uses.

The process is equivalent to a TJ being the judge and measuring his own jumps or better yet the accused being the judge at his own trial.
guruof track

Postby justblaze1011 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:20 pm

Sportsfanx1 wrote:Go post the facts about CARL LEWIS Positive Drugs test cover up in 1988.

Stop Hating!!

My man, Guru of track just hit you with facts homie, he's not hating. Get off that for once and just man up and admit you really don't know the deal. He does!
justblaze1011

Postby Sportsfanx1 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:22 pm

Make up you'll minds. First Jamaica don't have a drug testing and now They do testing.

The information is on IAAF websites, so I'm sure if you really want to know you would. ANY COUNTRY THAT DON'T HAVE A ANTI-DOPING COMMITTEE and FACILITIES in place. The IAAF representatives are the ones who do the TEST in that country. That is an IAAF rule and that on the WEBSITE Plain as day. IN 2004 the IAAF representatives and results send to their certified Laboratories . Go burn in hell with that crap!!
Sportsfanx1

Postby justblaze1011 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:24 pm

Damn Guru, I think you hit a button. He telling people to burn in hell...geez!! Sensitive aren't we???

:lol:
justblaze1011

PreviousNext