Sarah Palin resigns

Normally open July 4th only---the one day a year when partisan politics, religion, etc. are acceptable topics on this Board (within reason). The forum is now closed.

Sarah Palin resigns

Postby dal4018 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:11 pm

Hallelujah the wicked witch of the west is gone its all over the news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! here's some traveling music just for you Sarah enjoy I know your fellow Alaskans will. http://www.youtube.com/?v=Q8Tiz6INF7I HERE'S THE LINK: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090703/ap_ ... _resigning
dal4018

Postby dakota » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:28 pm

Wow that press conference is all kinds of crazy. Is she having a manic episode? LOL.
dakota

Postby dal4018 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:32 pm

dakota wrote:Wow that press conference is all kinds of crazy. Is she having a manic episode? LOL.
Dakota as stated before "Ding Dong the wicked witch is dead" and here's more traveling music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Jn8K8EA ... re=related
Last edited by dal4018 on Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dal4018

Postby Dutra » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:52 pm

Palin is usually in control during her speeches....even if she will have some odd things to say at times. In this PC she was almost hyperventilating.

My initial reaction is that she's withdrawing from serving as governor so she can't be critiqued for her actions in that role when she attempts to run for President in 4 or 8 years.
Dutra

Postby dal4018 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:03 pm

Dutra wrote:Palin is usually in control during her speeches....even if she will have some odd things to say at times. In this PC she was almost hyperventilating.

My initial reaction is that she's withdrawing from serving as governor so she can't be critiqued for her actions in that role when she attempts to run for President in 4 or 8 years.
TOO LATE SIR HER ACTIONS AS GOVERNOR WILL ALWAYS BE CONNECTED WITH HER WHETHER SHE LIKES IT OR NOT
dal4018

Postby Brian » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:19 pm

Dutra wrote:Palin is usually in control during her speeches....even if she will have some odd things to say at times. In this PC she was almost hyperventilating.

If she's interested in power, she'll stay in Republican politics. If it's money, my bet is she'll be hosting a talk show of some kind.

Both arenas have expressed interest in her during the 2008 election.

And the handwriting is on the wall: Hillary Clinton is shoring up her perceived weakness in the international area by serving as Secretary of State. So simply being FEMALE won't cut it for Palin in 2012, and she'll be hard-pressed to match Clinton's political resume'.
Brian

Postby Jack Slocombe » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:27 pm

PMS splains it all.
Jack Slocombe

Postby dal4018 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:38 pm

Jack Slocombe wrote:PMS splains it all.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: you must know Letterman.
dal4018

Postby gh » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:51 pm

as noted, "free speech" doesn't allow one to be a sexist.
gh

Postby mojo » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:10 pm

gh wrote:as noted, "free speech" doesn't allow one to be a sexist.

I interpreted that as Palin Mis Steps/Speaks.....

Have not had the pleasure of seeing the news conference......another wacko has been grabbing all my TV time.
mojo

Postby Brian » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:29 pm

I actually know MEN who exhibit signs of PMS. Really.

:]

As for Palin's speech, remember that during the 2008 campaign she was mostly repeating scripted bullet points with humor added to slip the issue when necessary, a' la Reagan in his Great Communicator prime. [Which is why one of the funniest Tina Fey bits was an almost-verbatim repetition of a Palin interview.]

And like Reagan (Iran-Contra hearings), Palin appears to flounder when the script is absent.

Not to worry; talk shows have teleprompters.

P.S. = This is not in any way to compare Palin with Reagan as far as politics or leadership ability. Simply an observation of similarities in their speaking needs.
Brian

Postby dal4018 » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:40 am

Brian wrote:

I actually know MEN who exhibit signs of PMS. Really.

:]

As for Palin's speech, remember that during the 2008 campaign she was mostly repeating scripted bullet points with humor added to slip the issue when necessary, a' la Reagan in his Great Communicator prime. [Which is why one of the funniest Tina Fey bits was an almost-verbatim repetition of a Palin interview.]

And like Reagan (Iran-Contra hearings), Palin appears to flounder when the script is absent.

Not to worry; talk shows have teleprompters.

P.S. = This is not in any way to compare Palin with Reagan as far as politics or leadership ability. Simply an observation of similarities in their speaking needs.
Brian is it the interview with Katie Couric?
dal4018

Postby Cooter Brown » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:58 am

According to some political blogs, she may have resigned to stay in front of a scandal that's about to break...

One logical place to start looking is the affair that has Alaska political circles buzzing: an alleged scandal centered around a building contractor, Spenard Building Supplies, with close ties to Palin and her husband, Todd.

Many political observers in Alaska are fixated on rumors that federal investigators have been seizing paperwork from SBS in recent months, searching for evidence that Palin and her husband Todd steered lucrative contracts to the well-connected company in exchange for gifts like the construction of their home on pristine Lake Lucille in 2002.
Cooter Brown

Postby Dutra » Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:15 am

Cooter Brown wrote:According to some political blogs, she may have resigned to stay in front of a scandal that's about to break...

One logical place to start looking is the affair that has Alaska political circles buzzing: an alleged scandal centered around a building contractor, Spenard Building Supplies, with close ties to Palin and her husband, Todd.

Many political observers in Alaska are fixated on rumors that federal investigators have been seizing paperwork from SBS in recent months, searching for evidence that Palin and her husband Todd steered lucrative contracts to the well-connected company in exchange for gifts like the construction of their home on pristine Lake Lucille in 2002.

There was a rumor that Todd Palin was overheard telling the Lt. Gov. "I'm going to jail over that one" right after the PC.
Dutra

Postby jazzcyclist » Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:28 am

Brian wrote:As for Palin's speech, remember that during the 2008 campaign she was mostly repeating scripted bullet points with humor added to slip the issue when necessary, a' la Reagan in his Great Communicator prime. [Which is why one of the funniest Tina Fey bits was an almost-verbatim repetition of a Palin interview.]

I think this is what you're talking about:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeMypXCUWMw
jazzcyclist

Postby Conor Dary » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:17 pm

Today Palin released a statement that 'explains'
her lunatic decision. It makes even less sense.

http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/livewi ... ?ref=fpblg
Conor Dary

Location: कनोर दारी in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.

Postby Dutra » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:48 pm

Conor Dary wrote:Today Palin released a statement that 'explains'
her lunatic decision. It makes even less sense.

http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/livewi ... ?ref=fpblg

Yeah....it's the mean media that can't make sense of her, at times, incoherency.
Dutra

Postby jazzcyclist » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:57 pm

The dumbest thing that Palin ever did was pick a fight with the media in her convention speech last September. Afterwards, I remember a FOX News analyst saying, "I guess she never heard that you should never pick a fight with people who buy ink by the barrels". :roll:
jazzcyclist